Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Hey Hey Hey

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep replying, discojoe. It gives me jollies to see you thinking you need to rebut me.

And who's lite, my dear?
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which of these duality descriptions do you relate to best? (use the drop down menu on the right)

At this point Exxp seems apparent, but we'll see how things play out as time goes by. I could sorta see ENFj as well I suppose. ENTp makes the most sense, followed by ESTp or ENFp.
    SEE

Check out my Socionics group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/1546362349012193/

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really don't see him as anything like Gilly. Some of his comments remind me of mustachio/fingercuffs/whatever his new name is at the moment, only they sound serious as opposed to silly.
    All Hail The Flying Spaghetti Monster

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    You two are precious.

And I agree, he is like Gilly-lite. ENTp seems more suitable than ENFj.
    Weak Fi is a given. He seems obsessed with positive attention and appearing "the best."

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea. None stands out in particular. But there are a few that seem pretty fuckin boring...

Administrator+Humanist
    Analyst+Bonvivant
    Inspector+Mentor

Here are the parts that I like in particular:

The Psychologist very much needs a caring partner and finds relaxation for his emotional and restless soul in the 'quiet haven' of a friend, who is constant in his words and deeds, reliable and faithful.
    (Me being Psychologist)

The Enterpriser sees perspectives and positive trends in development of business. He bravely takes risk, making great investments and bets. He is very optimistic and ardent in his dealings, which sometimes leads him to failure. But he never loses heart and with the same enthusiasm starts everything up again.
    The Guardian likes such an impulsive and unpredictable partner, who does not let him get stuck with weighing all pros and cons of a decision. It helps to avoid the distressful feeling of uncertainty by confronting him with the fait accompli. Any waiting for the definite outcome is painful for The Guardian; he can becomes indecisive, too conservative and fussy. The Enterpriser with his characteristic sense of humor allays all his partner's apprehensions and takes the initiative in his own hands. He distracts from unnecessary details, thus targeting The Guardian to more global actions.

In communication The Guardian creates a certain distance, even when he tries to be kind and polite. He is mistrustful and critical and increasingly demanding. The Enterpriser creates a relaxed, natural and easy atmosphere of communication. But his jokes tend to be out of place or ambiguous.
    (Me being Enterpriser)

The Seeker gets mobilized in critical moments: bravely repulses the enemy, protecting both his own interests and those of others. By doing this he sometimes loses the feeling of necessary limit. The Mediator who directs his initiatives watches him. When The Seeker loses vital tonus and begins neglect his duties, The Mediator 'arranges an emotional episode' for him and by this raises his spirits. But on the other hand, he can extinguish a quarrel by his diplomacy and jokes, before it results in rupture of relations. His feelings often return The Seeker ‘to solid ground’, distracting him from abstractions, making him think about practical tasks as well. The Seeker cannot regulate distance in communication; sometimes he is out of place, unceremonious, too credulous towards people, too kind to those who envy him. For this reason he may get into trouble. The Mediator saves him from this.
    (Me being Seeker)

In this way The Critic serves as a balance to his sometimes-aggressive partner. They both often quarrel with each other but soon come to agreement forgetting all hurts. The Politician demonstrates sympathy and understanding and by this relaxes The Critic. If he responds to his dual’s warnings he can demonstrate his great capacity to handle all difficulties. The Politician does not pay much attention to general regularities and trends. He dislikes clerical work and does not always know rules and instructions. Unwillingly he plans in advance. He does not like to submit to schedules and norms. The Critic helps him distribute his energy and schedules, only the most important, worthy task. He performs detailed work, up to the logical final.

‘Aristocratically polite’ relations with the smack of humor and easy mutual critiquing distinguish this dual pair.
    (Me being Politician)
    (I love this air of mutual criticism...I love stuff like this, especially when it turns into teasing, which I CANNOT resist )

The Commander is decisive and purposeful, brave and full of initiative. He is capable of persevering a long time towards his goal, overcoming any difficulties at his way. He is not always capable of taming his emotions and outbursts of wrath, but can subordinate others to him and make them do what he wants. The Lyricist lacks such decisiveness; he admires strong people possessing leadership skills. He tries to be useful to them by giving cautionary advice.

The Commander tends to doubt not only the good attitude of others towards him, but also noble motives of others. He rather notices people’s negative traits more than positive ones. Sometimes he is excessively suspicious, afraid of treason, and for this reason tends to surround himself by favorites whom he trusts. The Lyricist neutralizes The Commander's prejudice by his trustful and kind manner of communication, neutralizing his suspicions by assertions of his loyalty.
    (Me being commander)

I wish there was more about the actual interactions of these, and less about how they just "help" each other. Seems kinda boring.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Voyce

I wish there was more about the actual interactions of these, and less about how they just "help" each other. Seems kinda boring.
    there are, if you look at numerous accounts of such behavior written in the form of forum posts and such. unfortunately much of the forum was recently deleted, so i can't guarantee the existence of anything, but, nonetheless, the nature of dualities is an oft-discussed topic.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the assumptions that these descriptions (the types and relationships) make are so rediculous that I don't see how this could possibly be based in reality. ESPECIALLY the relationship stuff. I can't take these intertype relations seriously, especially as I see stuff that would drive me absolutely NUTS in just about all of them.

Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Useful articles:
    Making Duality Work
    Love and sociotype (skip to "1. Female types")
    finding subtype by sexual behaviour

If you identify most with the Aggressive attitude and the thought of being an Infantile disgusts you, compare Filatova's ESFp description to the ESTp description. Given what you've said, ESFp fits more than ESTp:
    Quote Originally Posted by Filatova
    Fi: SEE magnificently manipulates people by their moods and desires. He loves to be the center of attention, to fascinate others with his ideas. He easily provokes quarrels but just as easily reconciles them, as if playing; pulling the strings. It is important for him to preserve the good opinion of other towards him, not to let himself fall, to stress his talent and exclusiveness. He’s a great actor and can manifest outstanding diplomatic inclinations, well cultured.

Sensing well the moods of others, SEE can support a comrade through a difficult moment; manifest his participation, his sympathy. By being naturally volitional and cheerful he impels other to act, not to fall apart or whine.

The SEE – men with bright and intense emotional range – from angry indignation to noisy enthusiasm. He thus always finds himself included in the emotional situation, he is ready to act: to help, to sympathize, to fight, to condemn, - and no matter how he expresses his relation to that occurring he is always absolutely confident in the correctness of his sentence.

With the opposite sex he readily displays initiative. Though to suffer rejection may be tragic he knows to move on.

Strong excitability and emotionalism give rise to increased sexuality. Especially in the younger years it is difficult to settle down.

SEE is prone to jealousy, may frequently suspect partner of treason, and does not pardon innocent flirtation.

Bright emotionalism also develops in the love of arts; SEE especially loves music and singing. Frequently he has some of his own music, demonstrates to all his talent and ability.
    I've been had!

I like you better than the other INFp already
    Not surprisingly, since we seem to share the belief that a person's consistent behaviour can be extrapolated from as little as 3 sentences.
    That description sounds superficial to me as well. It seems like they try too hard to "be somebody." My version of creating impression is more about having a complex persona and seeing the different people that I can find in myself, not drawing attention or defining myself by a cause.

For example, this:

Many EIEs have so many different personas that they wonder who they are "in reality."
    is completely foreign to me. I AM all of the different faces I put on; the fact that I don't reveal all of myself to any one person (except, of course, very close friends) doesn't make me have an identity crisis
    The same sentiment that I have on the concept of alter-egos. stefana is the only other user who's brought me so close to shouting "THAT"S MY IDENTICAL!!!", actually.
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some of the assumptions that these descriptions (the types and relationships) make are so rediculous that I don't see how this could possibly be based in reality. ESPECIALLY the relationship stuff. I can't take these intertype relations seriously, especially as I see stuff that would drive me absolutely NUTS in just about all of them.
    what are you referring to?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi PoLR
    SEE

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joy
    Fi PoLR
    i don't think you have enough information to jump to that conclusion. i personally have no idea what he's talking about yet in this regard.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those of you who do not know yet, Voyce is in fact Gilligan or someone using the same exact IP as Gilligan exactly the same day that Gilligan posted with the same exact IP.

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got McNeutered.

Under cerulean skies...

Creepy-bg

lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahaha

Wanting to become an actor are we?

Creepy-bg

you got warned for fighting with yourself

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffweed17
    Fi PoLR
    i don't think you have enough information to jump to that conclusion.
    I said this based on a PM conversation with him. And I even asked him if he was Gilligan.

Damn Gilligan, you really are bored. You were even friggin attacking yourself.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Fi PoLR
    I said this based on a PM conversation with him. And I even asked him if he was Gilligan.

you're quick on swooping in on the new members... PMing on his first day lol

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do agree that Gilly seems to be a bit too bored. Try talking to someone other than yourself ok love?

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicgoat
    Fi PoLR

you're quick on swooping in on the new members... PMing on his first day lol
    I was trying to let him know that just because Gilligan makes personal attacks on others doesn't mean it's okay to do that here (I thought perhaps he got that impression from Gilligan's behavior in Voyce's type thread), and warn him that there would be moderating action taken against him should be continue to behave as such. Pretty much told him that he seemed interesting and if he wanted to stick around he should wise up. And....

Quote Originally Posted by Joy, in a PM to Voyce
    Are you Gilligan? Seriously... is this like... a second account for you here or something?
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are 44 fucking pages devoted to typing this guy.

oasdpafiofhapoweifasf

! I only have 4.

Banned
    TIM
    D-LSI-Ti 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People should stop posting in this topic. It's getting old.

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So start more type threads about yourself?
    SEE

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Make that 45.

So start more type threads about yourself?
    I don't really care to.

Just pointing out the general injustice of it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the humor of it all is lovely

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess Gilligan has one last thing to say.

Creepy-bg

I think it's pretty damn funny too and intend on keeping this thread alive as long as possible

(and people should only be warned on personal attacks if somebody complains. we've all got different levels of amusement and tolerance for it. If the person being attacked doesn't care or thinks it's funny there shouldn't be warnings)

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If someone is a new poster and starts frequently attacking people right away, there should be at least a PM warning right away before we have another marcus the maniac on our hands, and if there's another attack that person should be warned and possibly even banned, depending on how things are going. And I only complain about stuff if it obviously crosses the line.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

lol @ your victim mentalitity

TIM
    SEE
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's no victim mentality here. If someone's behavior is uncalled for, I will do something about it. It's that simple. I don't feel sorry for myself or try to call attention to it. I just ask that it's taken down. Not all of the things I've reported have been trolling against me... and I don't think I've reported any posts since the bannings, until today that is.
    SEE

Creepy-bg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    the squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Essentially what it all comes down to is that this forum is addictive and instead of just leaving he just tries to do something to get banned or atleast uses his account to screw around and get attention. He asked me a while back to delete his account, but I did not do it for the simple fact that I am tired of wasting the effort of trying to keep people out of here when they can just reregister anyways [excluding people who really actually deserve to be kicked out of here and therefore need my attention to keep them out, that is an exception. Being addicted is not one of those things that should draw my immediate attention]. Plus, it messes up congruency of the forum to just delete accounts like that. It is like I am doing it just to babysit people ... what a waste!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good job showing the new person what it's like here, Gilligan.

Now we know.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're worse than ENFjs!

How much of it was true, though?
    “I think, therefore I'll think" - Ayn Rand (ESTp, UR GUARDIAN ANGEL)

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that explains why he came off so much like Gilly.
    It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.
    -Mark Twain

You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush
    the squeaky wheel gets the grease?
    Mm-hm.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow gilly

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

edit

ILE

those who are easily shocked.....should be shocked more often

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHA thats hillarious i wasted so much time reading the whole thread. I enjoyed the arguments
    ENFp (Unsure of Subtype)

"And the day came when the risk it took to remain closed in a bud became more painful than the risk it took to blossom." - Anaïs Nin

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345