Well, I'm a 20 year old INTJ male, and I had been dating a 21 year old INFJ female, who I will refer to as S. Initially, it was a very sweet experience; we were very attracted to each other from the beginning due to our shared uniqueness. We are both very intelligent individuals, have similar views on most things, and make decisions in a similar fashion.

Anyway, as we became more intimate, S revealed to me some rather disturbing things. Aside from her obvious self-destructive behavior (heavy drinking, oxycodone use, cocaine use, and VERY promiscuous sexual activity), she actually told me that she's a psychopath and that she will destroy my life. At the time, I was inclined to dismiss these statements as some sort of dirty talk But as I would soon find out, she had every intention of doing so.

The more time we spent together, the more confused I became, and the more clear her malicious plan became. I suddenly found myself hanging out with S several times a week, staying up 'till dawn drinking, doing drugs and each other. When we were together all she would talk about is how amazing I am, how good I make her feel, and how she wants to see me (read: have sex with me) every day. But as soon as I would drop her off at home her attitude would completely change; she'd suddenly not want to see me, or hardly talk to me for a couple days. She would blame this on post-drinking-drug-use depression. Needless to say, this whole situation was very bad for me, as this was happening during the final month of the semester, right through finals week; when we were together, I was acting irresponsibly, and when we were apart I couldn't sleep because I was so goddamn confused.

Very long story short, I concluded that S was using me to fulfill some twisted desire or another and I was being emotionally manipulated; she's a psychopath.

And finally the point of my rant; I'm afraid I might be exhibiting psychopathic behaviors/tendencies, because I noticed I was acting similarly to S toward the end of our friendship. Are INTJ/INFJs naturally inclined to exhibit psychopathic behaviors?

I've never been really close to anyone, and everything I've ever done has been to satisfy myself, trying to be the best, as efficient as possible. It's not like I intentionally set out to hurt or manipulate people, but as an INTJ, I'm not readily aware of emotional states of people and have unintentionally hurt people; conversely, when I am "in tune" with people, I can very readily manipulate them, I just recently remembered the fact that I've manipulated people, which is disturbing, because selective memory is a hallmark of psychopathic behavior. What's more disturbing is the fact that up until this realization, I'd been making a conscious effort to minimize feelings of guilt or "sorrow" for my actions; that's not to say that I deny responsibility for my actions, I strive to make decisions that do not warrant guilt, sorrow, or regret. Furthermore, when I do make a "bad" decision (one that hurts someone), I try not to see it as "bad"; I try to see all decisions, and the situations they give rise to, for what they are, a learning experience, not "good" or "bad".

So, it seems that in my unyielding attempt to be the best person I can be, and thereby better humanity, I've unwittingly started down the path to becoming a psychopath. I don't want to hurt people, but it seems like I'm inadvertently acquiring the skills to do so.