Ban Ki-moon

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INTP IMO
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know nothing about him but it will be interesting to see how he handles his new position. kofi annan was incredibly ineffective and i will be glad to see him go

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Annan was a puppet, and so is the new guy. (In my humble opinion, of course).
    Well I am back. How's everyone? Don't have as much time now, but glad to see some of the old gang are still here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the un is largely just for show in general but perhaps it can turn into something more profound given the right leadership

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt it, it seems that the US pulls all the strings i nthere, they put up most the money, run the bureaucracy, etc. Its' just a tool for them, like NATO, or the WORld Bank, etc.

TIM
    INTj
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are you studying, dio?

thanks for this one pedro. I don't have a guess on the type btw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    well the un is largely just for show in general but perhaps it can turn into something more profound given the right leadership
    That is what I'm afraid of

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah it can be dangerous i agree and it will ultimately lead to stagnation if it takes place too soon but we need something like that to coordinate resource management for grand projects like expanding out into (and hopefully out of) our solar system

@dio: don't be one of those whiney bitches claiming that the current state of things is merely a continuation of colonial oppression etc. i agree the us uses wields its clout unjustly many times but nato/un/wb/g8 etc are hardly pawns especially now as those forums have allowed for interaction that was previously not possible between certain nations and galvanized anti-us sentiment which has led to russian and chinese collaberation for example and the push for an end to subsidies etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by science as magic
    yeah it can be dangerous i agree and it will ultimately lead to stagnation if it takes place too soon but we need something like that to coordinate resource management for grand projects like expanding out into (and hopefully out of) our solar system
    I just have the feeling that they would mostly be expanding into your wallet and rights, lol. Are you sure a mammoth public organisation is best in coordinating such projects anyways?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

after 10s of generational refinements they tend to be. sort of like the 13 colonies --> colonies under trade agreements --> under articles of confederation --> under constitution --> post civil war unification --> post fdr governmental organization --> post ww2 govt. infrastucture etc

i don't think you need to fear overt control by a super government over the long term as societies which are unified for long periods of time tend to splinter into innumerable subgroupings with none being so dominant that it cannot be removed by the combined efforts of the others. also the fracturing as the minimum thresholds for them are accessible and these are more widely distributed in larger structures.