Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Socionics Dual Interaction

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm convinced and I see where your coming from. I originally thought your writing was either very ENFP or very not. I'm now pretty much sure your an ENFP.

You have my vote.

don't think, at the heart, that most enfps are comfortable with sex as a purely physical act (unless they are totally depressed and dependent and really really feeling worthless. but they can put on a convincing act!!!) like a one night stand wouldn't happen, even though it can look like it would. they might eventually give in and all that, but they wouldn't go out and have sex just for the physical pleasure of it, not without something else driving it.
    This makes sence. From on outside scope, this may appear confusing, but I get where your coming from. I'm well aware that ENFP's won't just go out having sex for pleasure, they really do have to like the person. I just get the impression that if they do really like the person, and they do think their "really cool", and there is something else there, then their is not much other boundries stoping them from sexual action though.

Anyways, makes sence to me now. Implied = ENFP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that's a generalization that comes with ENFps being hot, dumb girls. There are less impulsive ones out there which people probably passed over as INFj or INFp because they don't fit the typical stereotypes.

Then again, it's possible the ones you know are spontaneous with sexual relations.
    I actually think that's one of the dumbest generalizations around, if not THE dumbest. I can see where the impulsive thing comes from... but where the hell does the dumb thing come from? Thats the ESFJs, lol. ENFP's are some of the most intelligible types. Really? What the heck...

I'm sure many are very good looking, but dumb? What? I dunno, that can be waved in my face a million times and I don;t even understand it. They may be slightly oblivious (as all N types), but oblivious and dumb are by far two very different things.

I think they're spontanious only when they do know a person and they think they're "cool", and they get along good with them. I realize they are not spontanious period, and certainly don't go around sleeping with random folks that they don't like.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom

The whole thing you said about taking it slow within sexual relations sure as heck doesn't seem ENFP to me. They seem pretty impulsive with this kind of thing.
    I think that's a generalization that comes with ENFps being hot, dumb girls. There are less impulsive ones out there which people probably passed over as INFj or INFp because they don't fit the typical stereotypes.

Then again, it's possible the ones you know are spontaneous with sexual relations.
    Enfp's I know are all pretty smart and not really all that self-effacing; enfp's seem to be expert manipulators of relationships between people. They can be excellent politicians. They usually make themselves the center of attention either by the ring of friends and supporters they surround themselves with or with ALOT of talking.

Rob on the one season of Survivor, was so good at this they finally kicked him off, but he was still dubbed as the best player of Survivor, ever. He seemed to be enfp.

I always find myself attracted to enfp's but never satisfied in the relationship, I guess due to its comparative quality. They are always working their agenda, no matter how flattering and attention-giving they may be!

implied, you may be enfp, but do you think you are struggling with depression as well?
    Entp
    ILE

Creepy-pokeball

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze
    They are always working their agenda, no matter how flattering and attention-giving they may be!

Everyone is always working their agenda --Pygmalion Project.

I think the issue people have with ENF's in concern with agenda is part of the NF self-confidence through authenticity (NF self-image model). The E's are obviously more likely to say what theyre thinking. Some people find the overly-honest impact of the ENF's to be overly obvious and too much. Well that and that theyre E's and are usually in tune with predicting people.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ENFPs are not stupid... They can read us ISTPs like a book...

I hate it

Intelligence has not that much to do with type, just how they use their strengths differently...
    {♠x<º))))><¸.·´¯`·.¸IcEPiCk¸.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>x♠ }

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NFp-
    Quote Originally Posted by HarryBottom

The whole thing you said about taking it slow within sexual relations sure as heck doesn't seem ENFP to me. They seem pretty impulsive with this kind of thing.

What? ESFPs, and ESFJs get that stereotype. Most people think ENFPs are weird, though the are very well liked. Yes, thats right, WEIRD. They get branded with that tag as well. They are especially stereotyped that way because of their "over" extraversion. .
    thing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? ESFPs, and ESFJs get that stereotype. Most people think ENFPs are weird, though the are very well liked. Yes, thats right, WEIRD. They get branded with that tag as well. They are especially stereotyped that way because of their "over" extraversion. .
    I think he is stereotyping the ENFPs with that label because they tend to be so touchy and every relationship can seem very intimate with them...

Even if you are just friends.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I really don't think that is the case. That would be pretty sad...
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont' think enfps ever feel the enfp in eachother, unless they are close friends. this is the unstable identity that can't look at itself/see itself accurately in the mirror, basically. or see its merits/value automatically.

if you see a videotape of yourself, of course you'll find yourself worthless or deny it's there. that's the nature of it all.
    I think there is kinda some truth to this. When I pointed out to my one ENFP friend another ENFP, he was astonished to see that that was how he often acted. He refused to believe me at first.

I don't know any other INFP's personally, so I don't know if this is the same for many types or not.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I think there is kinda some truth to this. When I pointed out to my one ENFP friend another ENFP, he was astonished to see that that was how he often acted. He refused to believe me at first.
    Astonished perhaps, but did he feel worthless?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're not an INTP. Just get that idea out of your head.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Astonished perhaps, but did he feel worthless?
    I doubt that. More predominately, just surprised. I think the word "worthless" was simply a bit of an overstatement on the part of Kim, but the general idea might have some meat to it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

implied

I think it was clear that you were not saying you were an INTP, some people here are rather concrete or maybe you just have a reputation for some sort of weirdness here who knows ( I am somewhat new to this forum). With regards to the duality thing and you being ENFP, do you think you really badly want to be ENFP because there are so many ISTP types singing constant praises of ENFPs and practically have them on pedestals here? I would nearly be jealous of them myself except I live with one who I like a lot and most ISTPs I know are rather cool-besides ENFPs are their duals after all. It might well be a bit harder for some non- ENFP types here to admit they aren't ENFPs because their duals are not here uttering constant and daily praises of them (most of us would like a little veneration occasionally wouldn't we?). For instance, I am an INFJ and there are no ESTJs here that I know of singing my praise and rising valiantly to my defence. Actually, scratch that, I am not sure if that would be a good thing.
    Just my thoughts as an observer.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

It might well be a bit harder for some non- ENFP types here to admit they aren't ENFPs because their duals are not here uttering constant and daily praises of them (most of us would like a little veneration occasionally wouldn't we?). For instance, I am an INFJ and there are no ESTJs here that I know of singing my praise and rising valiantly to my defence. Actually, scratch that, I am not sure if that would be a good thing.
    Just my thoughts as an observer.
    Sorry to jump in, but I don't know - admitting that you are some type? Is that really what this is about? I don't think it's all that great to be an ENFp and there is some other thread around here about that...

I remember when I first started reading here, it seemed as if ENFps were the dumb, funny, obnoxious and clueless ones- The INTjs seemed to be the cool ones. But then I came here to learn more about INTjs and their perception of ENFp, so our reading here is all but selective. But as a whole, I don't really get the impression that one type comes across as more desirable as another...

just wanted to throw the idea out there, but i also had no idea i would get such reprimands for throwing it out.
    It did not come across as just throwing out the possibility, but the reactions were a bit harsh at times, I agree.

I think the fun part (at least it was for me) is to figure out the type. Once determined, you are so bloody aware of your weaknesses, it's daunting! :wink:

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

That was me up there.

Implied, I do know that you took mcnews test, but have you taken any others? Just curious.

Oh, and you said:
    worthless may not have been exactly what i meant. i meant that people can point out flaws or virtues and it kind of runs off like there's a waterproof seal. kind of an intp indifference sometimes? like outside of my close circle, i am pretty indifferent in a way to what people think.
    I WISH I could say that of myself. Good for you. It's one of my greatest struggles in life...(could just be a personal thing).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default WhyINTJ?

Kim
    I would hope it is not about type admission; type acknowledgement might be useful to certain aims of this forum though.

I have to say from my vantage point and it might well be selective, it seems like ENFPs are more praised here than most. Perhaps it is because you all have such a strong, ardent, persistent and prolific poster as IcEPiCK as a supporter.
    Yes, I did get some of the lovable idiot/shallow/slut stereotypes coming across and these stereotypes I found surprising and somewhat annoying. The ones from the INTPs I kind of disregarded as several do not appear to have a very high opinion of most people for nebulous reasons.
    My ENFP friend is extremely attracted to an INTJ who seems very indifferent to her. Why were you so attracted to them in your opinion? Not to say I would not find them attractive, I only barely know two or so.

implied has got to be one of my favourite posters here. As horrible as this may sound I hope your type remains unconfirmed for a little while yet.

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Oh, back on topic, he he :wink:
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kim

I maybe wrong here but are you saying that you find the relationship with your ISTP dual un-satisfying in some ways?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by implied
    wow, thank you! i'm kind of shocked! i have to say i have thought the same about you. (:
    *pillow fight*

If you want my advice, you seem very, very introverted implied. That's not a bad thing.
    MAYBE I'LL BREAK DOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vague
    Rocky's posts are as enjoyable as having wisdom teeth removed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the enfp still feels genuine to an ISTP for some reason... perhaps cause we are so bad at understanding what a person is actually feeling...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12