Thread: I wish I could die so I wouldn't have to bear the pain

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I'm waiting to finish my certifications and get a job and move out.
    There you go. Good luck.

P.S. Save some money for sightseeing. Go visit the Grand Canyon or whatever other badass place of monumental proportions is closer and more feasible.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

TIM
    SO4 SCS EII, WSS IEI
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hm, I don’t agree with this approach to talking to a suicidal person, though I know you’re probably just trying help in your own logical way (Parker).
    I am in my head; not society.

Yes, that is who I am, hence the bold am.​ Also, a brain angel. (+ my own incarnation of a Zelda concept).

My thoughts align w action to succeed what needs (at least in my dreamed ideal, they do)…

Dragons:

Babies, click them to make them grow up into Kara’s Dragon Museum

My favorite adult Museum Exhibits

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Braingel View Post
    Hm, I don’t agree with this approach to talking to a suicidal person, though I know you’re probably just trying help in your own logical way (Parker).
    Im not suicidal anymore.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    It doesn't matter, and no one here really cares. You will be forgotten, here and elsewhere. Even if you were to kill yourself right this moment, all you would be doing is displacing the pain you feel to someone else. Is this something you want to happen? But beyond that, and regardless of what you want or think, the side effects from your passing will also fade very quickly. And you're going nowhere and no further than the closest cemetery. Once you realize how unimportant you are in the grand scheme of things, and how short your life is compared to the life of the universe, you may no longer find death attractive. No more attractive than life at least.
    Wouldn’t this make death more attractive? If indeed the after effects on others is not as dire and it passes, and that one is not quite as important as they think.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    Wouldn’t this make death more attractive? If indeed the after effects on others is not as dire and it passes, and that one is not quite as important as they think.
    Yeah I'm glad he's not suicidal anymore and I personally know what people experience after they die, but this kind of thinking is basically like "don't eat one more chip... but if you do you won't get fatter." Thinking about what you're not going to do tends to make you do it, which is called the white bear effect (not after the Black Mirror episode, probably vice versa) and rationalizing it as not so bad is a huge problem.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Corinthians 15:1-11 ASV‬
    [1] Now I make known unto you brethren, the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye received, wherein also ye stand, [2] by which also ye are saved, if ye hold fast the word which I preached unto you, except ye believed in vain. [3] For I delivered unto you first of all that which also I received: that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; [4] and that he was buried; and that he hath been raised on the third day according to the scriptures; [5] and that he appeared to Cephas; then to the twelve; [6] then he appeared to above five hundred brethren at once, of whom the greater part remain until now, but some are fallen asleep;
    [7] then he appeared to James; then to all the apostles; [8] and last of all, as to the child untimely born, he appeared to me also. [9] For I am the least of the apostles, that am not meet to be called an apostle, because I persecuted the church of God. [10] But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me. [11] Whether then it be I or they, so we preach, and so ye believed.

1corinthians 15.1-11

Well this is what the bible says, one of many verses that speak about Jesus resurrection. In any case I do not pretend to get engrossed on a teological discussion, rather to share with you that I found true hope and a change of life through the faith in Jesus and he actually rid me of a 10 years depression among other stuff.
    I didnt born at christian family either though I became one at 23. I understand that you don't wish to face religious prosecution, actually that's something that happens to most christians in any way or another even in non religious societies. Jesus said that will be part of being his disciple in this world. In any case if you want to speak more about it or just want me to lend an ear to you, you can always inbox me.

TIM
    SLI 1w9 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by necrosebud View Post
    No. But maybe it would/does for you? Hopefully not.
    “Whether we fall by ambition, blood, or lust, like diamonds we are cut with our own dust.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gilly
    You've done yourself a huge favor developmentally by mustering the balls to do something really fucking scary... in about the most vulnerable situation possible.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    No. But maybe it would/does for you? Hopefully not.
    Sometimes a sense of obligation (to not hurt others) and personal value can (contribute to) keeping someone alive

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12