On this page http://www.mcmanweb.com/article235.htm
i read a story from a guy telling he´s an INFJ. I doubt it though. Considering his firm values that he is talking about and which I cannot say else than that I share them, though not in the way he tells them, how may he be someone to show other people his way of living, it should be within his values as well. But, since he feels disgusted he can´t. However, his depression may be of other reasons which I highly assume, which he wouldn´t want to admit as long as he can focus reasons to other people´s behaviour and lack of values. Which type is he, with or without his possible "true" (bipolar) depression? I have emphasized some of his central point of views as bold text.

""Greg (June 27, 2003): Missing a point. I am an INFJ and often depressed. I have not been diagnosed as bipolar, but I am often introverted and depressed. A point that seems to be missed here is that Idealists - that is to say mystics and dreamers - are not like the other 99 percent of the population because we DO see a different perspective and that our depression stems from the inability to relate to the general VALUES of the mass population.

As an intelligent and creative artist, visionary, thinker and compassionate human, I find most extroverts obnoxious, self-centered narcissists who have little respect for topics which do not serve them in some way. Although introverts are considered withdrawn, and idealists considered dreamers, my sense is that we simply don't share the same values as the majority. An example is my compassion for nature and animals. I choose to be vegetarian out of compassion and because is makes sense in many practical and healthful ways. My inability to express this choice joyfully without condemnation from those who want to hold on to their habits, their addiction to flesh, and weakness to change only places me into another of life's minority categories along with artist and visionary. Essentially, ANY change to the status quo (majority rules, herd mentality) is guarded by the extroverted narcissists who want to maintain their lifestyles whether they are intelligent or not.

Idealists BECOME depressed after years of not caring about the simple-mindedness of sports, trivia, pop culture and fashion, but being surrounded by it every day like a disease. In fact, we would like to go beyond the excuses of why we need another war or why we can't feed the hungry or stop burning the rainforests or killing 10 million animals a day for consumption... we aren't the ones waving American flags and buying Pepsi or hot dogs. We want a peaceful non-invasive world where everyone has a fair share - not a world where 2% of the wealthiest people own 70 percent of the resources.

So, to view idealists as bipolar or ill in some way is to miss the simple point that we ARE NOT like others and do not want to be. The advice that we would be better off somehow by getting out more often and mingling with the very people we can't relate to makes no sense at all. Should I wish to go to a bar and watch the game along with a bunch of egotistical good old boys while they unconsciously stuff hamburgers into their faces and root for some overpaid moron running with a ball? Are we really an advanced civilization?

I stay away from these people because they disgust me. Otherwise, I may as well get a lobotomy and become a rancher who owns a baseball team - or a logger that cuts down natural habitats so I can ship logs to Japan, or perhaps a lobbyist for the insurance industry who can keep people from affording healthcare. No, it's not the Idealists who are sick - we're just the ones pointing out the sickness"