0 0%
  • 92 100.00%

Thread: A good friend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default A good friend

I have a really close friend in my life that I'd like to attempt to have typed if at all possible (please read the whole description before deciding).

This person is cheerful and nice and considers the feelings of the people around them sometimes more then their own.
    Even though this person is somewhat hyper and silly in nature they have a very deep side to them and often surprise others with their perceptions about life and people.

While not always silly and outgoing they are also somewhat snarky and rebellious when in a situation where they have to deal with being exposed to the rules of authority. They question every single thing quietly to the others around them and in a very humorous fashion they makes the other people around them laugh.

Like stated earlier this person is usually pretty cheerful around others but when driven into a bad mood can become somewhat petulant or even just listless and totally lacking in energy. They even become quite mute as they don't even seem to have the energy to speak anymore. You can pretty much always tell when this person is in a bad mood or is sad even if they don't want you to know as such because it's written all over them even when they try to hide it.

The person can also be pretty dramatic in speech at times. An example of this is when said person grabbed a book that was on my table and turned it around questioning what it was, then they began to read the back summary aloud in typical deep throated dramatic fashion (much like the movie preview guy's voice). They also make alot of fast and dramatic hand gestures when getting passionate about a subject.

It's really hard to determine between whether this person is a sensory or intuitive type as they exhibit strong sides of both. This person really does love good food and enjoys the beauty of nature quite well, in fact there probably aren't very many people in the world that appreciate a beautiful sunset or a perfectly formed cumulous cloud the way they do (especially trees, they seem to be in love with trees). But on the flip side this person rarely ever speaks about the mundane everyday details of life. Instead they focus more on theories and abstract thinking, often pondering the possible reasoning behind various phenomena. They're very open minded and never judge others about their own viewpoints as they don't consider any form of human perception to even be close to accurate as human perception is far too limited (at least that's what they told me, and it seems to be true in the way they treat others).

I have a few theories as to what type this person could be, but I'd rather hear what you seasoned socionics veterans think

TIM
    3w4 sx/so
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta be ISFp. I know a girl exactly like this.
    But, for a certainty, back then,
    We loved so many, yet hated so much,
    We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
    Whilst our laughter echoed,
    Under cerulean skies...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a pretty good description of me so that's my vote.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, who voted ENTj? I didn't expect to see that

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jen Itilies
    Wow, who voted ENTj? I didn't expect to see that
    I don't know but I guess it was probably a joke.

And I agree, ISFp.
    , LIE, ENTj logical subtype, 8w9 sx/sp
    Quote Originally Posted by implied
    gah you're like the shittiest ENTj ever!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well in any case I think she's finally to the point where she accepts that she's an ISFp. She was so set on INFp for awhile there because she just couldn't relate to (what I also consider to be) the biased explanations of Sensory types being incapable of abstract thinking.

I'm pretty sure she's an ISFp and based on my poll that I'm most likely an ENFp. It would explain why we get along so well

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

biased explanations of Sensory types being incapable of abstract thinking.
    Well, any reference to any type being incapable of something is definitely biased; every type is capable of anything. It's a question of preference, confidence, and comfort, but when emphasing the distinction profiles tend to exaggerate and talk about "inability", which is rubbish.

What you described about her in that area seemed , which is the dual-seeking of ISFps, something they value. I have as dual-seeking, and very often it's visible, that does not make an ethical type. That is why you have to look at quadra values, not just the dominant functions.

Of course, then the question can be raised as to how do we know she isn't a type with dual-seeking ie an ENTp -- the answer is simply that the overall impression of her personality is far more of an ISFp who values rather than an ENTp.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, what you're saying makes alot more sense then what I've heard thus far. I figured it must have been some sort of bias.

Thank you for that very helpful description, everything is slowly coming into perspective
    IEE/ENFP

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

---
    INTp
    sx/sp

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: A good friend

Like stated earlier this person is usually pretty cheerful around others but when driven into a bad mood can become somewhat petulant or even just listless and totally lacking in energy. They even become quite mute as they don't even seem to have the energy to speak anymore. You can pretty much always tell when this person is in a bad mood or is sad even if they don't want you to know as such because it's written all over them even when they try to hide it.
    This bit seems more ISFp than ENFp.