Thread: Guess Ralph Macchio’s Type

Default Guess Ralph Macchio’s Type

I’ve never seen Ralph Macchio typed before, since it appears he faded from the spotlight and little is known about him or his personal life. What little I do know or can assume is that he seems like a relatively nice guy who is devoted to his family and puts them and their needs first, hence why he keeps them hidden from the Hollywood scene, why his wife and kids have rarely appeared in public photos with him and why they have never been mentioned scandalously by the media. However, there are a couple of interviews, old and new that might help myself, as well as you guys, identify his type. Here are the interviews below.

This one was one of the first interviews Ralph ever did for Hollywood, a screen test filmed when he was only 19 years old:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sPzf1M4Cprg

This one is an old interview of Ralph’s during his Karate Kid days:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c_LBsts3yaA

Here is another Ralph Macchio interview filmed in his early 30’s:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HqGvskwayw

This one is a more recent interview of Ralph Macchio’s as an older adult:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EUG6FjvVo1M

Personally, I believe his character Daniel Larusso in The Karate Kid Trilogy was probably an ESFP, but am unsure of his mbti type in real life. What do you guys believe Ralph’s real life mbti personality type is, judging by these interviews?

I'd guess him as ISFP or ISFJ, personally.

I suppose I could possibly see ESFJ for him as well, considering that some old interviews of his reveal him to be a homebody and very much a family man devoted to his loved ones.

According to these interviews, his very close to his family and friends and considers Long Island his home, and he considers them the source that kept him grounded while in the Hollywood world. He considers himself someone who tries to be sincere and values honesty rather than fairness in other people, and isn't someone to love excessive spotlight or disclosing too much about his personal life. He seems to be a doting husband and dad to his wife and children.

There are some things about him that make me still assume he could be an ISFP however. His slight shyness and private nature, as well as some of his hobbies according to the old interviews (songwriting, dancing, playing piano, acting/ theater, hockey and other sports) make me believe he could be an introvert with auxiliary Se.

His hobbies seem very concrete and hands-on rather than the type of hobbies I would imagine a dominant/ auxiliary Ne/Ni user having. The wanting to stay true to himself and his roots and considering hollywood a business that is too concerned with "what's hot and what's not" could indicate Fi as well.

He seems very down-to-earth and grounded and was described by many directors/ producers during cast calls as having a certain toughness and sweetness about him at the same time. He also seemed to have that childlike quality I see in many ISFPs in him as well (although this could also be due to the fact that he always looked a decade or so younger than his actual age even as a grown adult).

What do you guys think he is? He is definitely a 9w1 sp/sx on the enneagram, for sure.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

“We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    What do you think his mbti/ socionics type is?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was such a great villain in those Karate Kid films. I hated it when they made Hilary Swank the replacement henchperson to Miyagi.