Quite possibly LSE

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Buckley the singer? was irrational, emotive, introverted, poetic.
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Jeff Buckley the singer? was irrational, emotive, introverted, poetic.
    But have you ever seen him give an interview? How would you type him based on this one?

https://youtu.be/BdrzZu4VXNs

I don't know but I saw Delta values in his speech. He resembles some ESTJs I've known but it could be a trick of duality. I felt much more confident giving the Franco typing. Who is to say though that an ESTJ can't be a great musician? Everyone has feelings.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vesstheastralsilky View Post
    But have you ever seen him give an interview? How would you type him based on this one?

https://youtu.be/BdrzZu4VXNs

I don't know but I saw Delta values in his speech. He resembles some ESTJs I've known but it could be a trick of duality. I felt much more confident giving the Franco typing. Who is to say though that an ESTJ can't be a great musician? Everyone has feelings.
    I’ve watched quite a few interviews with him and quite simply don’t see Te lead for him.

Whether an LSE can be a great musician or not is a different issue, the answer to which is of course they can.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There's actually already a thread for him where IEI is almost universally accepted (weird to have such consensus). Obviously they all might be wrong but it's weird that you see him as the polar (and polr) opposite. Even in that video you linked he seems completely wispy and floaty (aka not an ST) and is talking with Fe about how important Fe is?

I actually ignored this thread at first because I thought it was a troll to have this slouchy dreamer boy as LSE

tumblr_oqf16mzhNy1srx012o1_1280.jpgtumblr_ovbc3rL46G1qb07v0o1_640.jpg

Can you explain?
    "I take back like half of the exclamation points.....they make me look....eager to please. Which I AM....but I don't want anyone to KNOW that"
    - Carrie Fisher

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEI-Fe 9w1 so/sx based on the video I watched

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys but I'm not convinced in the least. At least, not yet. I don't mean to be rude. It's just human behavior is much more complex when it comes to the art of Socionics typing than common stereotypes such as who seems poetic.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Franco on the other hand struck me as EIE-Ni but no enneagram type on him based on the 2-3 minutes I watched of him
    It's what you call a "rough typing"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

7w8 sx/sp for Franco?

TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both are nowhere near LSE.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What? Franco isn't EII-Ne?
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My original LSE assertion still stands.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what is Te dominant about Buckley, what is Ni polr about him, wha pt is rational about him

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Buckley LSE? No.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You may want to seriously rethink who you call Te dominant.

Perhaps the following Te types are more obvious: Barbara Stanwyck, Stephen King, Dennis Quaid, Hillary Clinton, & what's his name who leads Aerosmith.

Michael Moore is creative Te.

I take LSE Ni to indicate their high drive to do a functional activity regardless of how much time passes, like working or conversing. They need Ne creative to help with closure or changing topic because Ne is goal-oriented.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps the following Te types are more obvious: Barbara Stanwyck, Stephen King, Dennis Quaid, Hillary Clinton, & what's his name who leads Aerosmith.

I take LSE Ni to indicate their high drive to do a functional activity regardless of how much time passes, like working or conversing. They need Ne creative to help with closure or changing topic because Ne is goal-oriented.
    Since you didn’t really answer my question, I will be seriously thinking about whether you’re a troll or just confused.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Franco is probably a beta. Kind of all over the place, but not LSE either.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chriscorey View Post
    What? Franco isn't EII-Ne?
    Possibly I guess

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Te as in Gamma Delta focuses on objective functionality.
    Things like - what makes a country song country, who put this shampoo bottle here, can you help me paint this room, I'm cooking a new recipe, that's not true ...

It also handles oodles of factual data.

Ti as in Alpha Beta is more about methods and techniques. It is more independent, personal, even can be idiosyncratic depending on the application. But it is logical.

One can find any type in any profession, so don't let excessively pure stereotypes of other forms throw you off. We are still all human.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 10-13-2018 at 11:00 PM.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the laugh, though. It's really funny to imagine this guy as LSE.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

& what do you expect an LSE to look like when they are feeling emotional and aesthetically expressive, - perhaps even without their EII dual for too long - since they intrinsically already have mastered the qualities of their SEI Supervisee internally? Show me. And no, it is not Ronald Reagan or laughably Bill Clinton.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

& what do you expect an LSE to look like when they are feeling emotional
    Brief.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Buckley only made one music album. He died at age 30. His body was found in a river. His music's aesthetic values were clearly Delta.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Temptations View Post
    Possibly I guess
    xD https://acidcow.com/famous/61912-jam...s-39-pics.html Funny pictures.
    Attachment 14057

Attachment 14056 "Put him a bag and sweep the leg"-Franco lol
    The mind is restless and difficult to restrain, but it is subdued by practice

-Krishna

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Buckley only made one music album. He died at age 30. His body was found in a river. His music's aesthetic values were clearly Delta.
    The bold is irrelevant. Brevity of one's life does not equate to brevity of emotional expression in the context of a casual moment in time.

When an LSE is emotionally expressive, it's as if they let a cat out of the bag that they decide to quickly tuck back in again. For that matter, they tend to have a composed presence, almost as if by formula.

Buckley doesn't behave like this. He seems to just let images and impressions run though his mind before freely expressing them, often with emotional overtones. He's an irrational type.
    Last edited by Desert Financial; 10-14-2018 at 12:54 AM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Moderator View Post
    The bold is irrelevant. Brevity of one's life does not equate to brevity of emotional expression in the context of a casual moment in time.

When an LSE is emotionally expressive, it's as if they let a cat out of the bag that they decide to quickly tuck back in again. For that matter, they tend to have a composed presence, almost as if by formula.

Buckley doesn't behave like this. He seems to just let images and impressions run though his mind before freely expressing them, often with emotional overtones. He's an irrational type.
    It isn't irrelevant. If he was focusing on aspects in his psyche which were not primary strengths, it can lead to an eccentricity or unusual hardship in one's life, sometimes manifesting as virtuosity in another area. If he was living out of balance enough from his basic type, he may have committed suicide in his personal struggle with inferior functions taking over.

I just looked through a biography on him at the bookstore tonight. His photos, quotes and manners are like other LSE types but he is a rare version because usually LSEs don't delve into emotions and prefer people to be happy or calm around them when life is going ok.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 10-14-2018 at 01:54 AM.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A fictionally archetypal example of an LSE being true to dominant functions would be Christopher Plummer playing the role of Captain von Trapp in film The Sound Of Music. But IRL people adapt more - to situations and others. They become more subtle and complex to varying degrees and thus are not as easy to type as say an invented mythical character who may only fit one socionics description perfectly.
    Last edited by vesstheastralsilky; 10-14-2018 at 01:58 AM.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It isn't irrelevant. If he was focusing on aspects in his psyche which were not primary strengths, it can lead to an eccentricity or unusual hardship in one's life, sometimes manifesting as virtuosity in another area. If he was living out of balance enough from his basic type, he may have committed suicide in his personal struggle with inferior functions taking over.

I just looked through a biography on him at the bookstore tonight. His photos, quotes and manners are like other LSE types but he is a rare version because usually LSEs don't delve into emotions and prefer people to be happy or calm around them when life is going ok.
    He didn’t commit suicide.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James Franco - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jeff Buckley - INFJ - Dostoyevsky

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of his better and more popular songs was Lover, You Should've Come Over.

https://youtu.be/HxfE6PJmGS8

"It's Never Over ... !" @4:18

Remember is the Else's vulnerable function. He also did a cover of Hallelujah that is very "vulnerable" sounding and is very popular among many music lovers. The 3rd song for typing that I suggest checking out is "So Real."

As far as I read, the cause of his death at 30 was speculative at best based on two authoritative sources.

I still see an unusual case of an LSE showing a tender side, possibly due to dual absence for too long and seeking to feed the impressions to oneself.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of his better and more popular songs was Lover, You Should've Come Over.

https://youtu.be/HxfE6PJmGS8

"It's Never Over ... !" @4:18

Remember is the Else's vulnerable function. He also did a cover of Hallelujah that is very "vulnerable" sounding and is very popular among many music lovers. The 3rd song for typing that I suggest checking out is "So Real."

As far as I read, the cause of his death at 30 was speculative at best based on two authoritative sources.

I still see an unusual case of an LSE showing a tender side, possibly due to dual absence for too long and seeking to feed the impressions to oneself.
    Re his death, the friend/eyewitness with him knew exactly what happened, he foolishly decided to swim in the Mississippi in Memphis. I grew up near Memphis and my paternal extended family all still live around there and I’ve visited many times over the years. You don’t just jump in the Mississippi at night in your clothes. It’s not safe. I would never in a million years. He got dragged under in the wake of a boat.

Just drowning yourself while swimming would be incredibly hard to do, assuming you know how to swim—and he did know how. Your survival instinct would kick in. He silently got whisked under and his body was gone.

There was never any realistic question it could be a suicide.

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Re his death, the friend/eyewitness with him knew exactly what happened, he foolishly decided to swim in the Mississippi in Memphis. I grew up near Memphis and my paternal extended family all still live around there and I’ve visited many times over the years. You don’t just jump in the Mississippi at night in your clothes. It’s not safe. I would never in a million years. He got dragged under in the wake of a boat.

Just drowning yourself while swimming would be incredibly hard to do, assuming you know how to swim—and he did know how. Your survival instinct would kick in. He silently got whisked under and his body was gone.

There was never any realistic question it could be a suicide.
    Thank you golden, you know more about his life than I do. I would hate to think he really did it but it was a lingering question in my mind.

When I see LSE in him, it is that first I sense his values to be like Deltas I've known. They are more realistic than creatively whimsical with their lyrics. Buckley's 2 best songs imo fit Model A well for LSE not to mention how he emotes when he sings about various functions. He Visa much like an LSE I've known all my life - who instead focuses on his dominant functions in more traditional Te pursuits like technology and programming...

Thanks again for filling in and clarifying data so I didn't inadvertently mislead readers.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stephen King isn't LSE either, just thought I'd point that out

TIM
    ~°~
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    Stephen King isn't LSE either, just thought I'd point that out
    I was talking about Te leads and my list was a mix of LIEs and LSEs.
    ~* astralsilky

Each essence is a separate glass,
    Through which Sun of Being’s Light is passed,
    Each tinted fragment sparkles with the Sun,
    A thousand colors, but the Light is One.

Jami, 15th c. Persian Poet

Post types & fully individuated before 2012 ...

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking about Te leads and my list was a mix of LIEs and LSEs.
    He isn't Te lead at all. What about him would suggest that to you? Stephen King's writing is so very Si, there is no way he could be Si PoLR. I could potentially see him as ILI maybe, but not LIE. He strikes me as alpha SF.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Folks, there is already a typing thread for Stephen King in this forum.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Stephen-King

"Xiong Mao"
    TIM
    LII - Ne
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by WinnieW View Post
    Folks, there is already a typing thread for Stephen King in this forum.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...8-Stephen-King
    I'm aware of that. I'm just trying to examine the OPs typing methods... Seems sketchy on the surface a least...

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pano Lou View Post
    I'm aware of that. I'm just trying to examine the OPs typing methods...
    Ok.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

James Franco IEE or SEI or IEI.

Used to think ESI but just no.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast