Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Favorite recent conversion story

I have always enjoyed conversion stories, and my latest favorite is Roy Schoeman's, a (previous) Harvard Business School faculty member and Jewish and author of "Salvation is From the Jews". I have listened to this twice now, not only this but the further one that comes afterward because is it all interesting. I like that he attained his highest goals, and when he got there he found it all empty, and in that quiet emptiness he then he finds God. This is along the same lines that I came to Christ, during my college years, after I sought to attain successes and experiences (not as lofy as his, but, meaningful achievements to me) only to see the emptiness of them after attaining them. In the quiet, then one finds God.

Shorter version can be read here: http://www.salvationisfromthejews.co...stversion.html

and the talk here:

P.S. Editing to add, the video is much better, because the really interesting details are in the video that are not inthe writing. Like in his mystical experiences. He was not seeking mystical experiences, and true mystics tend not to be seekignthis. He had the essential thing, though, a yearning to know God (as long as he wasn't Christian!). God does not violate our free will... yet, still, He led Schoeman to his heart's yearning.
    Last edited by Eliza Thomason; 08-25-2018 at 08:03 PM.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"