Thread: The bug

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The bug

Hello,

I've been thinking of the use of this dichotomy lately, and the more I think about it the less I can make sense out of it. I haven't found much about its origin around, and given that it basically builds up the entire Model system, I'd be curious to gather something more out of it. Static/ Dynamic functions. Anyone got any ideas?

Just to try and reorganize the ideas a little: Static are the types that have either , , and in their consciousness, dynamics are the types that use , , and in their consciousness.

As you can see the extroverted dynamic types are rational, instead the extroverted static types are irrational; introverts, in this division, seem to mantain their sense: introverted dynamics are irrational while introverted statics are rational. But shouldn't all rational be static? In fact, in one of the few definitions of static/dynamic types I've found (Aushra) works the same concept that for rational/irrational... dynamic types are more P, static more J, so what up with that?

This is the umpteenth suggestion that there could be just 8 types instead of 16. If you remove the static/dynamic dichotomy you're left with the same quality of elements...

, = external objects
    , = internal objects
    , = external fields
    , = internal fields
    etc.

What's the origin of this division?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not the same thing
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Look, I'm going to save you a lot of trouble. These are the official rules. The only dichotomies that are real are the ones you can create from these rules and static/dynamic is not one of them. Only 3 Reinin dichotomies work with the official rules, aristocratic/democratic, merry/serious, judicious/decisive. The rest are bad math.

• The psyche handles perception (data-acquisition) and judgement (decision-making).
    • There are 2 psychological functions to acquire data: sensation (biological senses) and intuition (imagination).
    • There are 2 psychological functions to make decisions: logic, based on non-living things, and ethic, based on living-things.
    • Functions must be in 1 of 2 orientations: introverted or extraverted.
    • Each function must be differentiated in strength: 1-4
    • Each function must take 1 of 2 states: valued or non-valued.
      • Each antagonistic pair must have the same value.
      • Each block pair must have the same value.

• Functions must be in 1 of 2 partitions of the psyche: conscious, accessible at will, or unconscious, inaccessible at will.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

static and dynamic is the qualitative difference between thinking types. its the way Ti egos experience things vs Te. something similar is also the case for feeling types. once you can recognize static states of mind v dynamic ones from personal experience it will make more sense because then you can relate that experience to the meaning of the words. I think this is something that maybe comes with age and I think being introverted makes it easier to recognize

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

e) Statics - dynamics

The world around us is formed from moments of statics and dynamics. In some elements of the IM, static is reflected - this, and, in others - dynamics - this and . Those types of IM, among the first two elements of which there is an element of statics, will be called static, the rest - dynamic.About any incident really good can tell only the dynamics. According to their story it is always easy to restore the sequence of the process in time. Statics do not know how, they always get an analysis of the situation or a story about the people and objects involved in the incident. The static thinking is analytical, inductive, the thinking of the speakers (dynamic!) is synthetic, deductive.This difference is clearly seen in the figures. At the speaker, each line is a pulsating motion, while for a statics there is complete rest and stagnation. For example, Roerich-father - statics, Roerich-son - the speaker.Statics always know what they need, easily come up with both life goals and goals for daily activity. They have difficulties with inventing methods to achieve these goals. Speakers, on the contrary, always have several creative methods to choose from, but the goal is desirable, that someone prompted from the outside.
    http://socioniko.net/ru/articles/aug-duality2.html

First A.Augustinavichyute introduced only two characteristics: statics / dynamics = inductance / deductivity(he combined "mirror" types, see table of intertype relations ) and right / left (he combined the types of "order rings" and "revision rings").In 1985, a mathematician from St. Petersburg, G. Reinin, summarized the theoretical basis for her hypothesis, and in this connection the signs were called "signs of Reinin."According to Reinin's model, all such signs (including 4 Jung's) are 15, and any two of them can form the third.
    http://translate.google.com/translat...inin-priz.html

It's quite a serious matter, Ms Aushra used this dichotomy to split the model efficiently in 16 types. Statics Dynamics's main purpose is to divide the quasis, indeed.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Again, this dichotomy isn't real. This dichotomy is a shameless attempt at trying to shoehorn Quantium Mechanics' particles & fields into psychology.

What separates Quasi-identical is valued/unvalued dichotomy.

Reinin Dichotomies are based on all the combinations of 2 from the set of 8 functions. Technically there are 25 such dichotomies 8C2 (nCr) but he only uses 15. In other words he is just randomly clustering different types together and hoping to find similarities. All Reinin dichotomies are based on faulty logic where the order of psychological functions in model A matters when in reality the order of functions in model A is completely arbitrary. So as I said, only 3 of the Reinin dichotomies are consistant with the rules of Model A.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by domr View Post
    Again, this dichotomy isn't real. This dichotomy is a shameless attempt at trying to shoehorn Quantium Mechanics' particles & fields into psychology.

What separates Quasi-identical is valued/unvalued dichotomy.

Reinin Dichotomies are based on all the combinations of 2 from the set of 8 functions. Technically there are 25 such dichotomies 8C2 (nCr) but he only uses 15. In other words he is just randomly clustering different types together and hoping to find similarities. All Reinin dichotomies are based on faulty logic where the order of psychological functions in model A matters when in reality the order of functions in model A is completely arbitrary. So as I said, only 3 of the Reinin dichotomies are consistant with the rules of Model A.

All the Jungian functions are elaborated differently in socionics, static/dynamic is one of the main dichotomies originated by Augusta. She defines the functions by 3 dichotomies: external/internal, object/fields, static/dynamic (see the first post). This is a somewhat necessary step to create the socion, that is, a model of interactions between types. Jung has no merit in this, he didn't give hints about how to find our duals either, and so all that is social comes from Augusta's work.

The model was likely invented by Augusta, and the information metabolism is necessary in order to approach the Model, because it is based on it, quantum mechanics or not. Those 3 core dichotomies belong to this "new" information metabolism, but static/dynamic is completely arbitrary, while the other 2 dichotomies make sense.

We could create a model similar to A with the same Jungian functions, but at that point things wouldn't completely click: with a Jungian model we have all the dichotomies that are opposed for the duals, except rational/irrational that always go together (following an idea of Augusta); but with Augusta's 3 dichotomies model we have all the functions opposed to each other, for the duals.

There's some faulty logic in both systems, to me.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

forget the heresy