Quote Originally Posted by domr View Post
Because duality takes real work, it requires both people to fully synchronize so it can be easier to settle with a less compatible ITR, especially if you don't care about being truly happy or operating at 100% full power.

My experience with ILE's have convinced me that dating them will never work long term and assuming you are EII and your partner is LII, you will have similar problems.
* Aristocratic vs Democratic - will eventually offend the Alpha as they see the Delta as too scary.
* Theoretical vs Pragmatic - will eventually offend the Delta when they want real world feasibility and Alpha is stuck on unrealized vision. (Bitcoin)
* Same perception function - easy communication but ultimately shallow and unable to flush out ideas in detail. When I talk to ILEs, I will often be able to predict what they say and often agree but when I talk to LSEs, I cannot predict what they will say and am pleasantly surprised by their insights. I never have that feeling from ILEs even when I agree and understand their input.

As soon as you want support and you want to develop and you want to grow, that is when you realize the importance of duality and to a large degree activity pair.
1) The lookalike relation for IEE is SEE, not ILE.

2) I am in a relationship with the love of my life, who supports, excites, and understands me in ways I never thought possible. Are you?

3) When you have a romantic partner, you are not suddenly unable to interact with any other person. You can still have friends, including dual friends, who make you grow in ways that your partner does not. This does not mean that duals are better romantic partners. I have been extremely close to three LSEs: one romantically, one platonically, and one professionally. In the end, the problem is the same. They lack a coherent vision, but their Se enables them to push their crappy vision on me and not listen to my input. Sure, I like their Te. But I don't need to be intimately involved with them to get their Te.