Thread: Crowdsourcing names for ITR

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Crowdsourcing names for ITR

In my research, I discovered that Augusta initially did the ITR based on the 4 function Jung model rather than the 8 function Model A. I couldn't understand how she derived the relationships. So I redid all the work and created these new technical names for the relationships. I need help double-checking the existing marketing names. Some make sense but others do not. Below is a list of the changes I made and the list of ITRs:

1) Mirror -> Mentor
    Mirrors find plenty of things to talk about. They easily understand each other's philosophies (and usually find that they agree) on basically all issues. They are surprised to find that the other can provide a subtly different outlook and recognize valuable things they themselves would tend to overlook. One Mirror will point out something they consider to be a loose end
    2) Super-ego -> Doppelganger
    For some reason this ITR never received a proper marketing name. I think doppelganger is fitting because both types have the same temperament (intro/extra, judger/perciever), come from the same family (aristocrat/democrat), and have the same conscious and unconscious functions (ego and super-ego blocks). From my experience, this pair can look quite similar at a distance and only with a more personal interaction do people see the differences.

3) Quasi-Identical -> Rival
    Quasi doesn't encapsulate the problem with this type which is that they force a rivalry between your ego and id blocks. They have the same strengths, same weaknesses, you can never win but never lose either. It's an eternal rival.

4) Kindred -> Fatigue
    First the name kindred signifies being from the same family and you are not. This is a hybrid relationship made up of both the ego and super-ego blocks. Second the real problem with this relationship is overstimulation. You both stimulate each other's leading function but then resist each other's creative function. Likewise you both stimulate each other's mobilizing function but not suggestive function. This causes a high intensity, limited interaction and inhibits both parties from being productive. In the long run it's exhaustive. The more mature you are, the faster it gets exhaustive.

5) Semi-Dual -> Frustration
    Just like kindred, this relationship is mislabeled. Semi-dual is technically a hybrid between dual and contrary. The name doesn't explain the problem with this relationship. In a lot of ways it's similar to a slow-burn version of kindred. The main problem here is that your leading functions are antagonistic to each other. Jung described Ne antagonist to Si. So you are negating each other, i.e. balancing each other. The 1st big problem is that they don't respect your creative function, since their demonstrative function is superior. Worst of all, in dual, your dual counterbalances the antagonistic effects of leading function by stimulating your mobilizing function. In semi-dual not only do they not stimulate your mobilizing but they actively require your mobilizing function to help them since it's their vulnerable function. This causes you great frustration because you want assistance with that function, not active usage to help other people.

I think Supervision and Benefit may be correct. Look-a-like and mirage need to changed 100% because they aren't reflective of what these relationships feel like.

Current Marketing Name / Technical Name / Proposed New Marketing Name

Identical / ego / Identical
    Mirror / retro-ego / Mentor
    Activation / super-id / Activation
    Duality / retro-super-id / Duality

Super-ego / super-ego / Doppelganger
    Contrary / retro-id / Negation
    Quasi-Identical / id / Rival
    Conflictor / retro-super-ego / Conflictor

Kindred / ego|super-ego / Fatigue
    Semi-Dual / retro-super-id|retro-id / Frustration
    Supervision / retro-super-ego|retro-ego / ???
    Benefit / id|super-id / ???

Business / super-ego|ego / MO
    Mirage / retro-id|retro-super-id / Boredom
    Supervision / retro-ego|retro-super-ego / ???
    Benefit / super-id/|id / ???

Last edited by domr; 06-11-2018 at 11:12 PM.