Thread: ILI?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ILI?

I initially really liked this person. Like there was an immediate draw. I started thinking very positively about them.

They have a very good vocabulary, very concise. Often they will ask me to be more specific in how i express myself.

Later i realized they started giving me advice. Except, a lot of it kept changing, like the advice of today would be almost a contradiction to that of tomorrow. I started thinking low Si. It reminded me of something Smilingeyes once said " a lot of ILIs are full of fluff, esp, if high in Ni" "not a direct quote, but can't find it to link it). I decided to do away with their advice, or at least take what is possible to take out of something that fluctuates so much lol.

They bought their own business at age 26. That has to count for something.

Quite affable, but reserved too, seem to alternate between these two modes.

ILI?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What kind of business does he have?

I only know two ILI's who run their own business. One is my financial advisor and the other owns a small hotel. I asked the hotel owner (who is an Indian married to an ESI, incidentally) how he decided to manage a hotel. He said he was in engineering school and heard about the opportunity and immediately jumped at it. "Easy life", he said.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    What kind of business does he have?

I only know two ILI's who run their own business. One is my financial advisor and the other owns a small hotel. I asked the hotel owner (who is an Indian married to an ESI, incidentally) how he decided to manage a hotel. He said he was in engineering school and heard about the opportunity and immediately jumped at it. "Easy life", he said.
    How about LIE? Does that sound closer to what you'd type this person as? I hesitate to give out more details, but i can discuss the nature of interaction if that's helpful. Thanks.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

More information would be helpful.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    More information would be helpful.
    Hey. I kinda feel like the sort of information I pick up on and that seems important to me might not be helpful to categorical Ti inklings which is what typing seems to be (mostly) so i'm not sure what to offer.

The person is narrative in reinin dichotomies. They are constantly offering an explanation for what happened or should take place.

They are very assertive, but can be quite charming too so that softens the appearance of high assertiveness ( i guess you have to have some of these qualities if you have your own business).

They seem to have some sports hobbies from what they talk about but they seem mostly hobbies that are 'in' so like 'cool', so it's hard for me to assess if its a natural inclination or what.

They seem to really notice if someone isn't listening, like unhappy if someone is constantly interrupting etc.

I don't know how much of this hits the mark in terms of getting closer to a type.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually now that I added this second part of information I'm starting to think SLE is very likely or at least I can't rule it out.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not sure I'd like this person tbh. =D

*Advice giving. I don't want advice, I want to be the one giving it. I'm the know it all guru, not you.
    *Charming- I am incredibly immune to being charmed. Unless its a pervy SLE bad boy. I usually don't like the ppl most ppl seem to like.
    *Assertive - Assertive ppl annoy me. I always liked Bully Bart and Dora Doormat way better than Assertive Sally even though Assertive Sally was the one 'you were supposed to like.'
    *Sports* - Never got into them at all.
    *Business-owner* - dunno this is something that seems neutral for me despite at face value it being 'very Te.' sooo I might be intrigued depending on the business.

Mentioned
    243 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe LIE?

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starrangel View Post
    not sure I'd like this person tbh. =D

*Advice giving. I don't want advice, I want to be the one giving it. I'm the know it all guru, not you.
    *Charming- I am incredibly immune to being charmed. Unless its a pervy SLE bad boy. I usually don't like the ppl most ppl seem to like.
    *Assertive - Assertive ppl annoy me. I always liked Bully Bart and Dora Doormat way better than Assertive Sally even though Assertive Sally was the one 'you were supposed to like.'
    *Sports* - Never got into them at all.
    *Business-owner* - dunno this is something that seems neutral for me despite at face value it being 'very Te.' sooo I might be intrigued depending on the business.
    I actually am now suspecting it might be a relation of benefit, where I was immediately drawn to this person (despite of themselves haha). Yes, the advice-giving is a bit overbearing. The more I know this person the more this becomes manifest. Cheers and thanks for contributing: it made me re-think the 'why' i like this person and it seems it is more because of the nature of the relation than the virtues of the other person.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Maybe LIE?
    I am subconsciously 'looking for LIE' so to speak and seems i only pick on those traits of this person that might resemble a LIE. Can't rule it out entirely, but on further thought it is less likely.