Thread: Post Songs That Make You Cry

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Default Post Songs That Make You Cry

Warning: We about to get sentimental and exposed AF up in here.

I'll kick it off with a song that always "gets me" right in the feels.

(I tried to make it skip to 0:17 but it wouldn't work, so you can either endure those few precious seconds of your wasted time or skip yourself)

Also, this might be more interesting if you talk a little bit about why a song makes you cry. I'm not going to do that for this song though because even though it's all water under the bridge, it still cuts a little too deeply for me to be candid about it. It's just that whenever I hear it, the opening chords and that first verse, a surge of forgotten emotions and old memories come out the floodgates and my eyes well up almost instantly. It can be a little overwhelming. It makes me miss some of the people who've left their mark in the personal history of me, and wonder about them in a where-are-they-now sense.
    Last edited by Capitalist Pig; 02-19-2018 at 04:34 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah, i'm a nerd, shut up.

it started hitting me in the middle of my first binge of the series, and now always brings tears to my eyes. (although not "I'm sooooo sad" tears, just more beauty of human experience/struggle/soul and love kinda thing)
    Last edited by bgbg; 02-19-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still can't make it more than a few seconds into this song. idk if crying is the right description for how it feels though, more like getting punched in the gut.

yeah, some of you have heard this story before, probably with more detail but here goes...
    story: after 15 years of unrequitted feelings towards one of my best friends, we finally had our "moment" (although i'll fully admit that it was something else to her) deep into a week long drug binge, well more like 15 year drug binge, but this was after being up for 3 or 4 days together smoking meth, weed, and even a $40 crack rock someone had left in her bathroom which we didn't normally do. i had gone home to finally crash and sometime during the night we started talking over messenger about things and being physical was finally on the table. we both stayed up and i took a morning bus over to her place where we drugged up again and then had faltering fever-dream incomplete "sex" that left both of us fucked up emotionally in different ways and weirded out our friendship for months. she then played this song on repeat for like a month after without ever saying anything about it while the words, which i had finally listened to, ate into my heart.

even now, 10 years? later, i can't click that to listen to it, and my mind is going back and forth on if i even want it to exist as a post on the forum.

edit: and i want to put a disclaimer on this that this is just my side of the story, i'm sure hers is probably different in some aspects.
    Last edited by bgbg; 02-20-2018 at 06:04 PM.

TIM
    sp/sx
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For me this song evokes a feeling of power matched with futility. Sitting with hollow reward after immeasurable sacrifice. A faint ideal or principle lingering to keep you going.

Father and son stuff always gets me, though, this may actually require the scene (#alsoanerd) to have effect. Being able to cut through surface issues and hit core fundamental factors in relationships is a sometimes rare and pleasant moment.

TIM
    sp/sx
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Grendel View Post
    The video from Matt Mulholland accompanying that is hilarious

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I'm trying but it seems I haven't listened to anything that tearfully provocative in awhile... sad songs usually never make me cry, it has to be more of a desperation versus hopefulness kinda feeling; Silent Hill's theme comes to mind, but that doesn't make me cry at all.

I think I've cried when listening to Comfortably Numb by Pink Floyd and also 1:30 into Elfen Lied's theme

This also made me cry because I felt for him:

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

This one, even though I don't feel enough connection to the Christian God to feel estranged from Him per se or anything it's just...idk, estrangement from source in general, that empty yearning feeling? And the way she sings it. I dunno exactly.

And this one bcuz it's associated with a traumatic childhood memory woo-hoo. But now since going to a soul asylum concert a couple weeks ago I think I'll start associating it with the drunk guy next to me who only knew the lyrics to this song and sang them the whole time no matter what they were playing <3

Edit: nope, no go..still fuckin sad

Last edited by ashlesha; 02-19-2018 at 10:13 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

okay for srs this time

From a bug documentary. Played in the scene when they were dousing the redwoods from a helicopter with a virus to kill off all the destructive worms.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Originally this song used to make me cry because I associated it with the death of Anthony Edwards's character in ER. It was a very sad episode and they played this song. Now it makes me cry because it reminds me of my mom. She wanted me to find an MP3 of this song and put it on CD a few months before she died.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So sad

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not quite tears, but I've been waking up in the mornings lately hearing this in my head.

"I'll keep the ring til I die" kills me every time

Banned
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awe, Cp that is really beautiful and the OP as well. I didnt know you had that side to you.

Feels here as well, for lots of music.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

after grandma died, just hit home for some reason

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there's a scene from grey's anatomy where the main character (meredith grey) and her best friend (cristina yang) are parting ways because one of them is moving across the country, essentially they were inseparable throughout the series, so it was a pivotal and sad moment in their friendship. I've only seen a few episodes of grey's anatomy, but i did see bits and pieces of their dynamic, and i thought it was cool how they chose to dance to this song instead of exchanging dramatic goodbyes. it was meaningful to me because most of the feeling was something you had to read between the lines to feel.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

it used to play every remembrance day