Thread: IEEs/ENFps, social grace and social anxiety

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEEs/ENFps, social grace and social anxiety

Is it possible for IEEs to have social anxiety?(is it even type related?) All these descriptions of IEEs being socially graceful just makes the idea seem impossible so I just needed to know whether it is really possible and to help me through my typing journey.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nobody knows. Types mean what people think they mean until two people realize they've disdisagreed all along, then it's opposing quadras time. Dostoevsky might not even be Dostoevsky.
    Last edited by Pallas; 11-22-2017 at 03:50 PM.

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Yes it is possible, I have had social anxiety issues in the past and I know other IEEs that have had them too. It is probably slightly type related and enneagram and instinctual stacking related to a limited extent.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Some people have said here that Delta NFs are the types to create meaning out of nothing, when it comes to dealing with people and the tone and word choice they use.

Social Anxiety is irrational and usually focuses on possibilities of being shamed or secretely disliked for who you are, which could be easily taken out of proportion if you are the type to create meaning out of nothing.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEE Kathy Griffin says she gets a sweaty buttcrack so obviously she can feel social heat. At the same time though blabbing your motor mouth about your internal feelings is exactly how
    ---> IEE works, it's a talking mode.

TIM
    alpha NT
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My take on this: Everybody can develope social anxiety, this is not type related. Maybe the reason for it might be different for each type.

TIM
    EII/INFj E9w1sp
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd also like to point out that just because someone makes something look easy, doesn't mean they aren't working hard to make it happen. So, in this case, it's possible you could have a socially graceful IEE who on the inside is putting in a lot of effort to be that way and who would describe themselves as anxious. Kind of like a great public speaker who breaks out into cold sweats each time no matter how many times they've done it.

And, yes, it's possible to have a socially graceless IEE who can't get past the anxiety, too.

The reasons behind the anxiety and how it manifests can be related to type, yes. Information processing and all of that.
    Oh, to find you in dreams - mixing prior, analog, and never-beens... facts slip and turn and change with little lucidity. except the strong, permeating reality of emotion.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yes ofcourse. When they're depressed

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Idiot View Post
    Is it possible for IEEs to have social anxiety?(is it even type related?) All these descriptions of IEEs being socially graceful just makes the idea seem impossible so I just needed to know whether it is really possible and to help me through my typing journey.
    Socially anxious IEEs are those who are more aware of their T PoLR. In a socionic sense.

Just like you can have an SLI who's frightened to open their mouth for fear of inappropriate emotions.

Socionically speaking.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have social anxiety, then go visit a psychotherapist, some sort of a social coach or even a psychiatrist for that... Socionics is not a medical or an evidence-based theory, and it can not help you with such things. Freudian and Jungian theory which Socionics is based on is incredibly outdated, and it's no longer seriously practiced by any psychotherapists.

At the end of the day, Socionics is just a bunch of descriptions written by someone, and it's not as if they had scanned people's brains to confirm this with testing, experimenting and evidence.

It really makes no difference whether you think social anxiety is related to "Fi" or "Ne" or "T PoLR" or whatever. They are not explaining the causal mechanisms of social anxiety, nor does it refer to any possible treatments.

Mentioned
    175 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Very much so. I've seen IEEs squirm when they knew their charm wasn't working. In formal and or conflict environments, they can often appear very uneasy and remain quiet. They will try avoid environments where they may be outed in some way and will show extreme angst when trapped in them. Any scenario, which will potentially restrict their freedom or crush their perceptions, will give them anxiety. Underneath the schmooze, they can be very conflicted and unsure of themselves but this doesn't seem to stem their curiosity.........
    a.k.a. I/O

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Idiot View Post
    Yes. IEEs can have social anxiety. I am IEE, and I have had problems with social anxiety for a long time. An ILE also told me I seemed socially rather confident, though. From other anecdotes, other people find it difficult to see this anxiety in me. They assume I'm the most chill person they meet except when I am rather overloaded with it. I didn't have quite as much anxiety years ago, but I also hadn't gained as much experience socializing as I have now, and I hadn't had a supervision experience either.
    Last edited by Aramas; 11-21-2017 at 05:30 PM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IEEs are kind of like socially bad at dealing with people's nuances/intricacies. They socialize well by adapting to the idealized academic version of each individual, and telling other people what they want to hear- but they are poor with the sort of specific ghetto-y stuff. (that kinda thing is Beta territory, the opposite quadra.)

Not sure I personally experience this as an 'anxiety' per se but it's often a realm of social stuff they often ignore and put their heads in the sand about for some reason so I guess... it does seem that way.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bulletsanddoves View Post
    IEEs are kind of like socially bad at dealing with people's nuances/intricacies. They socialize well by adapting to the idealized academic version of each individual, and telling other people what they want to hear- but they are poor with the sort of specific ghetto-y stuff. (that kinda thing is Beta territory, the opposite quadra.)

Not sure I personally experience this as an 'anxiety' per se but it's often a realm of social stuff they often ignore and put their heads in the sand about for some reason so I guess... it does seem that way.
    Your username a reference to Joker from Full Metal Jacket? Duality of man thing? What you said points to it. I mean hey, if you have no idea, maybe its just a coincidence.

I'll post something relevant. So uh yeah, social anxiety. Yeah, it is incredibly common. It would be easier to ask who hasn't had social anxiety ever, as that'd be more noteworthy. Anyways, as common as it is, people are bad at managing it. Who knew? Yeah, anxiety leads to depression. Who knew? Anyways, yeah. Social Anxiety. I remember my social anxieties that revolved around incompetence in physical situations. Sports, marching band, the works.

I will say it is good, because hey, it keeps people from killing each other or something. Being the functionalist I am, it also keeps people from going out and digging holes every day in the middle of a park, although that probably has happened anyways somewhere for some god awful reason. There are people without social anxieties, and they range from psychopaths, to self actualized individuals. Although what self actualization actually looks like is still a mystery to me. Who knows.

And that is my knowledge on social anxieties.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not sure I'm IEE but I have it. Before 6th grade I used to be spontaneous and didn't care much about people's opinions about me but then social anxiety kicked in. I also know an IEE teacher (enneagram 6) and he has it too, I feel uneasy whenever I see him uncomfortable in social situations. Though I know another IEE (enneagram 7) and he seems more socially confident, I think I haven't seen any sign of social anxiety in him and he befriends and talks to everyone. We're the subdued variety I guess? often look chill (when we're not) while observing and noticing things about people but this is only when it's an environment we don't feel comfortable in. An SLI friend said once that I lacked self-confidence, observant guy.