Thread: Type me please...

TIM
    SEI 9w1
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type me please...

I'm curious to get your guyses’ perspective. I think I'm SEI but who knows.

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it?

I program. I started out in engineering in college because I was good at math and my dad is an engineer, he really encouraged it. I got stressed out partway through college by this one lab class, and switched majors. Up until then I had made really good grades in everything, physics, chem, calculus, etc. But that one semester messed me up and I switched to comp sci.

I like some aspects of coding. I like working with people in my team. I guess I like visualizing systems. I can get really overwhelmed by the complexity of the code at times. I also really don't like being on call for support, having to be responsible for systems I know nothing about. I don't like pressure. I really don't like it when people are uncomfortable with my uncertainty. I say I don't know when I really don't know, I need time to figure things out before I answer.

What are your values, and why?

I'm a Christian. I try to follow God’s word as best as I can and show people grace. I am pretty conservative but I try to respect people's decisions as best I can. I know not everyone thinks like me. I do have strong opinions which erupt after awhile of holding them inside.

I can respect and even agree with some aspects of libertarian thought. I really do try to understand where people are coming from but it's a process, definitely.

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?

I like to exercise. I write fantasy stories. I like watching TV and movies. I guess I like media where I can escape to adventure or relate to characters. I like exercise because it makes me feel healthy and alive. I like feeling good about my body because I was a really skinny kid growing up, I thought I was too skinny.
    I'm still skinny, lol, but I do have more muscles now.

I like writing because it helps me to illustrate good vs evil, to play out that internal struggle in a fictional setting. I think it makes me feel accomplished too. I enjoy the characters and dialogue and describing scenes and emotions in detail. I think it reassures me that good will win in the real world too.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?

I love my family. I feel more myself around them. My brother and I really talk the same language, despite the age gap. He's older. We can discuss movies and trivia all day. He gets me.

My twin sister and I connect well too, we different more in politics and stuff but we always manage to reach a mutual understanding. She is really protective of me. We find the same things funny.

My parents are awesome. They give a lot of advice, over and over, oftentimes unsolicited, but I've come to just realize that's because they care. They always push me to do more with life. They are both worriers. I wish they would be more patient with life and it's seasons…

My friends are mostly introverts, but I have a few who can be very clingy. I like them all. Sometimes I wish they would give me more space. But I have a few that I could spend all day with and never get tired of.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?

I look for anyone who needs a friend. I like making people feel valued. I don't like to see people lonely.

In romantic relationships, I look for shared values first and foremost! I look for people who will allow me to be me too! I try to not be too choosy about the rest.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?

I posted some political status on fb that got some friends upset with me, they took me to task. That's pretty rare though. Usually my life is very conflict free and easy-going. People say I'm super chill and at times a pushover. That's the norm. I usually end up conceding an argument and wimping out just to get the fight to end. I'm working on that too..

How would your friends describe you?

Chill, easy-going, nice, really nice, lol. Fun loving, funny. I wear cool sweaters. A lot of people say I'm smart. I don't always feel smart.

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

They see me as kind, accepting, not angry, hard working.

I like all those things about myself. I like that I get along with most people, even people who are unpopular in some circles.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?

Weak, naive, easy to take advantage of. Easily swayed in some ways. I can zone out at work if I'm overwhelmed.
    I don't always take initiative.

I dislike those things too. I wish I were taken more seriously.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?

I manage finances and stuff decently. I can clean my apartment. I don't cook but I eat a lot of canned food, instant rice, tv dinners, etc. It doesn't bother me. I guess it would be cool to learn how. I'm not in a hurry though.

I'm pretty independent in a lot of ways. I like getting help with exercise techniques and stuff like that. I like talking about personality and personal growth with people I can trust. I like figuring out why I do the things I do, what makes people tick, etc. I would like to understand people better.

What things do you dislike doing? What things do you enjoy more than others?

I don't like worrying about the future, having to plan my life out… I like doing things now, living fully where I am if I can help it.

I don't like being forced into things.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?

I don't know. I just want to be a good person. I feel like making goals is too big for me. I want to have a family someday, it just seems right for some reason. I've always wanted it.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?

I would help people who need it, work with underprivileged kids or veterans or something. And write more books. And train to be a professional swimmer or something. Lol. Why not try for the Olympics? I don't know.

I would probably finally see the world too.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?

I like people who are really funny and even loud or obnoxious. I figure they just need love and attention. I am laid back so we usually fit well.

I don't always admire people who seem very self confident in their beliefs, who just calmly dismiss anything that doesn't fit their political agenda. I feel like we should all try to have a dialogue.

People who are always clingy or who imitate you or follow you around can be annoying, but I understand their motivation.

I don't always like getting TMI from people, especially at work. Complainers and teasers can get on my nerves. People who try to be funny and fail, or say the exact same things every time, no original thought of their own. Overdramatic...

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?

Like nothing… my apartment is relatively clean, but I am pretty lazy in the decorating department. Lol. I do the chores because I like to have things squared away and done. I make sure nothing is gross. I am clean. I don't like nastiness… but I'm not Martha Stewart.

How do you behave around strangers?

Friendly but I give them space. They're just people like you or me. I try to establish commonality but I'm not overbearing at all. If someone seems unfriendly I let them be unless they want to talk.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?

I feel hurt. I take things personally. I try to make peace, tell them my grievances and ask what it is I did. I try to solve it.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.

People think I don't take things seriously. I do! I care about stuff, and life, and how proud are doing. They also think I'm never angry, but I am, just usually only when I'm alone with my thoughts.

What did you do last Friday?

I rested, watched some Star trek TNG, went to bed early because I had my first half marathon Saturday morning.

What is your biggest accomplishment?

I published a book I wrote in high school, over 400 pages I think. I wrote other stories too, not published.

What is something you regret?

Feeling so guilty for breaking off relationships… pursuing the wrong girls… not giving myself enough time and grace to figure myself out. Being too hard on myself.

Who do you admire, and why?

I admire certain mentors in my life, for their calmness, warmth, spiritual strength. I admire my parents for the Same reasons.

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?

North Korea, the middle East, how are we ever going to avoid blowing each other up… How can I show the love of Christ to everyone… how can I help people… There's so much suffering and evil. I feel like people are too stuck in the past, they don't appreciate what we have now and how good we have it. I feel like a lot of people make mountains out of molehills…

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?

I believe in one God, who came to earth as Jesus and showed us how to live… I believe the Holy Spirit inspires people who are earnestly trying to have faith. I think we're all broken and none of us can “go it alone.”

I believe it because of how I was raised, and faith, and by what I've seen in the short time I've been on this planet.

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?

I believe in what the founding fathers were trying to do. A representative democracy or whatever you want to call it. I actually like the electoral college, even when my candidate loses. I always pray for whoever's in power, that they would be guided by wisdom.

I care a lot about pro life causes, and people being able to choose charter or private school if they want. I'm really sick of all these wars and foreign entanglements. Not a fan of EU or the UN, I think countries should have sovereignty and independence. They can form alliances, of course. But all these weird global organizations, who are so unelected and elitist, they honestly seem way too powerful.

Sorry if I'm ranting. I like politics but I hate it too. I like giving people the most freedom possible as long as it does not interfere with others’ rights. I usually say live and let live.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?

Not really...

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?

I like nice people, the rest is flexible. I don't like being rushed or pressured...

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?

Probably math because it's straightforward. I am really good at writing though. So English was what people remember me for. I don't always like the non fiction stuff we had to read.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?

I'm pretty responsible, but I really just expect others to not kill me with their crazy driving… atto flush. Please, please flush.

I try not to be a stickler about stuff… I always do stuff ahead of time usually. I don't like things being left undone.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?

Umm… I went to Orlando with friends, to see Universal Studios. We did the Harry Potter world thing. It was pretty fun, mostly because of the friends. I miss hanging out. There was minimal drama. Always a plus.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?

I was really nice, but I stood up for myself or my friends. I was really curious about people. I was pretty funny, in my own imaginary world.

I don't know if I have changed that much. I still feel like a kid sometimes. I guess I'm more comfortable with myself… I'm not sure.

What was your high school experience like?

Pretty good, I loved it for the most part, newspaper was stressful though. I loved tennis. I liked most of my classes, and I made lots of friends. I liked not having to worry about a major or emphasis. I decided not to date in high school so I could focus on school. I ended up writing four stories as well. Very productive time in my life.

Talk about a significant event from your life.

Umm…. My granddad passed away last month. I was with him a few hours before it happened. At the funeral, I got to see my family all together, that hadn't happened since I was like 8. It was cool coming together as a family.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?

Kids are funny, they like me sometimes, but I have no idea how to control their hyperactive nature… I don't have a problem with them.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I would care about their spiritual and mental and physical development… I would make sure they could always trust me. I would try to give them the best childhood possible. Take them to church, make sure they played outside and use their imagination...

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I get stuck feeling guilty or angry at something from the past, because I never got closure.. or because I pretended everything was ok when it wasn't. Or because I'm overanalyzing.
    My reaction is to try and fix it in my mind, remind myself it's not a big deal, I should be thankful I have them as a friend, it was in the past, just get over it… etc. I don't like reopening old wounds.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

Other people are just trying to make it too. I don't see them as all that different from myself.

There's a lot of things wrong but I don't know of any that are really prevalent, from my personal experience. I think just the fact that we're all so homogeneous these days. Everyone watches the same junk, conforms, everyone's so predictably individualistic in such an ironically hive minded way. No dissenting opinions… not enough knowledge of the past and where we've come from. We all think we must be smarter than our parents...

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?

Hmm. I usually just desist… ask myself if it's really worth it. If I really do want it, I would talk to someone, try to figure out a way.

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?

Not really. I can lead if people really want me to but I don't like leading, I think I'm too shy and easy-going. I don't like the stress.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?

I don't get angry much, but like I said earlier, I can ruminate on things and get angry when alone. Arguments with stubborn people… that's usually the biggie. People who are arrogant or condescending...

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?

My half marathon I guess. It was fun to feel accomplished and tough. Lol.

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?

Probably just feeling angry for stuff that happened so long ago, that everyone else probably forgot about.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?

Doing the most good… or at least doing whatever you can. I find it meaningful to help people, to guide them. Whatever way you can.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?

I don't know. Probably a water park or something. I like to just have fun with people I love.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?

I shave my face… I shower… I like to wear comfortable clothes. I don't know. I like to look like a normal person I guess. My style is kind of retro I guess. I don't like that new hairstyle with the shaved sides of the head. I refuse to do that.

Do you like surprises?

Yes.

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?

Hmmm… I like 80s music and movies. I love a lot of 70s music too, easy listening.

Dalton and Moore are my favorite Bonds.

Willow is a great movie.

Ask me anything else you want… Sorry if I sound weird, I'm congested...

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm. Too long; Didn't Read. SEI.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.