Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm so tired of people mistyping LIEs...

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    LIE is rare and you're not one, get over it. the two are compatible. LIE being common or evenly distributed and you (and Adam) being one has way more problems and is not at all what people see, at least the ones who haven't deluded themselves with a fantasy. chances of LIE being rare + there being a bunch of fakers = 1000x more likely than you being on the inside track and everyone else being wrong

but whatever, if you want to distort the system you will just isolate yourself further... if gamma really becomes the shit pile who do you think benefits? you?

me and lungs take our badass selves elsewhere and gamma becomes the butt of jokes revolving around money and everyone goes on treating you like the same dumbasses you always were... really not sure what the point of it all is

but carry on as an example to others if you must, its just not at all the example you think you're being
    Can't stop laughing. That's what happens when there are no Betas to hate.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LIE is rare and you're not one, get over it. the two are compatible. LIE being common or evenly distributed and you (and Adam) being one has way more problems and is not at all what people see, at least the ones who haven't deluded themselves with a fantasy. chances of LIE being rare + there being a bunch of fakers = 1000x more likely than you being on the inside track and everyone else being wrong

but whatever, if you want to distort the system you will just isolate yourself further... if gamma really becomes the shit pile who do you think benefits? you?

me and lungs take our badass selves elsewhere and gamma becomes the butt of jokes revolving around money and everyone goes on treating you like the same dumbasses you always were... really not sure what the point of it all is

but carry on as an example to others if you must, its just not at all the example you think you're being

I typed myself LIE before you and lungs joined this forum. There was no point for me to distort the system. I can be LSE or ILI if you wish, it won't change my personality?

I am not sure what's the point of your rant.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No offense but FDG is a lot cooler.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No offense to FDG you mean

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    Can't stop laughing. That's what happens when there are no Betas to hate.
    actually im still hating betas, thats the joke

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forgot to mention... I am not so sure about Te subtype LIEs, but I'm pretty sure the only legit Ni subtype LIE that has ever posted on this forum is @pezzonovante. I know this because I once saw a pic of him too, and it all ties in with his posts. All the other "Ni-ENTj's" have been IMO fakers.

Just had to throw this out there because it pains me to see misconceptions form around the LIE-Ni type, due to supposed examples being mistypes (beta NFs mostly).

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

surest sign someones not a gamma is beta defends them when their gamma typing is in dispute

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

surest sign someones not a gamma is beta defends them when their gamma typing is in dispute
    Is that from a fortune cookie?

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah my fortune cookie also told me you're not delta

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah my fortune cookie also told me you're not delta
    You shouldn't talk to them. They're hollow and full of lies.

Please make a come back now where you state that someone else is hollow and full of lies.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lavos View Post
    All the other "Ni-ENTj's" have been IMO fakers.
    Do you think being LIE is so appreciated that people actually want to fake it? It's just a type like all the other 16...

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What if he was the real gamma, and you were the fake gamma all along.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Teapot View Post
    You shouldn't talk to them. They're hollow and full of lies.
    thanks, but i'd trust a cookie over adam strange

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    What if he was the real gamma, and you were the fake gamma all along.
    what if you're a huge moron? hmm things to ponder. I love how we got the whole supervision chain in here supporting one another

the fake socion has spoken!

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeesh, somebody's sensitive...

It's like as if your entire self-esteem depends on being a gamma. Gamma gamma gamma!

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Yeesh, somebody's sensitive...

It's like as if your entire self-esteem depends on being a gamma. Gamma gamma gamma!
    To be honest, I said Bertrand is similar to an ESI friend of mine...

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

uh oh, looks like we got a disagreement

my interest in seeing gamma cleansed of fakery is based in elevating socionics out of the dirt its mired in in stereotypes and other forms of identity politics that all typology tends to get undermined by. believe it or not its no trying to secure territory, which is how beta, stupidly, looks at things. its the desire for socionics to be more than just role playing and to attract people--the right sort of people, who currently I suspect avoid this place inasmuch as they detect its false. if you want good people you can't let the shitheads run wild. at the very least you have to put out the signal that some good people realize it and are trying. if this place is only useful for people pretending anyone not interested in that is not going to want to be here, so in the interest of this place not being a total waste forever, someone has to speak up

also I wish I were EII if anything

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

my interest in seeing gamma cleansed of fakery is based in elevating socionics out of the dirt its mired in in stereotypes and other forms of identity politics that all typology tends to get undermined by

also I wish I were EII if anything
    ESE
    SEI
    LII
    ILE

SLE
    LSI
    IEI
    EIE

LIE
    ILI
    ESI
    SEE

SLI
    LSE
    IEE
    EII

roll a dice for your next try

It's ok buddy. Many people change their type often. The difference is most of them aren't as vocal about it.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

sorry everyone wants me

which is sort of the opposite problem Adam has, so I guess if I were gamma and he wasn't that would make sense

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my interest in seeing gamma cleansed of fakery is based in elevating socionics out of the dirt its mired in in stereotypes and other forms of identity politics that all typology tends to get undermined by. believe it or not its no trying to secure territory, which is how beta, stupidly, looks at things. its the desire for socionics to be more than just role playing and to attract people--the right sort of people, who currently I suspect avoid this place inasmuch as they detect its false. if you want good people you can't let the shitheads run wild. at the very least you have to put out the signal that some good people realize it and are trying. if this place is only useful for people pretending anyone not interested in that is not going to want to be here, so in the interest of this place not being a total waste forever, someone has to speak up
    That's just human nature, that's what everyone does, you're not somehow "above" it all.

You're not going to cleanse and purify it, as if you were some Nazi.

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Bertrand lol, what are you for today?

Also, why are all LIE threads so entertaining when they weren't intended to be so? People always get riled up. Same thing happened to the Jung thread. Which attracted Bertrand and his...personal interpretations too. Hmm, I see a pattern

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the implications of those statements are many any varied, but suffice to say i'm comfortable with my approach and doing the right thing is its own reward

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my interest in seeing gamma cleansed of fakery is based in elevating socionics out of the dirt its mired in in stereotypes and other forms of identity politics that all typology tends to get undermined by.
    There is little identity politics at play, in most cases people tested as such some years ago, and thus self-typed as such. You´re seeing stuff which is simply not there.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the implications of those statements are many any varied, but suffice to say i'm comfortable with my approach and doing the right thing is its own reward
    Whatever you want to say to keep rationalizing yourself...

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the idea that (typology) tests determine anything is asinine beyond belief, it defies explanation if you don't already understand why thats such a worthless argument. all I can say is that is not the mind of Te Ni at work

at best they're one data point, that says you answered questions in concordance with how the test author views personality type x. its ridiculously shallow if you know a whit about the theory to rely in that way on those results. but I can tell you certain types that are big into them

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the idea that (typology) tests determine anything is asinine beyond belief, it defies explanation if you don't already understand why thats such a worthless argument. all I can say is that is not the mind of Te Ni at work

at best they're one data point, that says you answered questions in concordance with how the test author views personality type x. its ridiculously shallow if you know a whit about the theory to rely in that way on those results. but I can tell you certain types that are big into them
    And we should rely on you instead? Idk man.

Anyway, the main point was that this type politics you´re seeing is just not there - people test or self-type as such and then start posting.

They may be wrong but they´re not purposefully masquerading as such.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I find it unfortunate that FDG is being put in the same pile as Adam lol. I hardly see any similarities between them, but FDG keeps speaking up for Adam anytime something Adam does is in question lol and i did wonder why he does it

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure, Jan. You're more illogical by the minute. Thankfully you stopped "tainting" Gamma (your own concept) by claiming to be LIE.

The fact is LIEs are rare, it's not a special snowflake claim. Even in fiction, they are often mixed together with ILI-Te, SEEs and SLEs 3w4's dan sometimes LSEs 8's. I also see no basis in reality to the claim that the types are evenly well spread. I hadn't met one LIE in my field in six years until recently, and that's the only type apart from ILE that I don't see around often even on forums.

Interesting to notice that people might wanna be LIE in Socionics because they're "cool", in MBTI nobody wants to be ENTJ in forums, everyone wants to be INTJ. On Youtube though, so many fake LIEs.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I find it unfortunate that FDG is being put in the same pile as Adam lol. I hardly see any similarities between them, but FDG keeps speaking up for Adam anytime something Adam does is in question lol and i did wonder why he does it
    I didn´t see any specific reference to Adam.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    And we should rely on you instead? Idk man.
    is that what I'm saying? I rarely if ever type anyone. At best I type statements or say "I associate this (look/behavior/philosophy/etc) with x or y." only once a very clear and consistent pattern develops do I commit to statements of that kind. its far easier to identify what something is not however, and I'm more sure of that, but is this really about me? Do we have to prove I can type anyone to a certainty to say who is or is not LIE. that is setting the standard far higher than required to point out the moon is not made of cheese.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn´t see any specific reference to Adam.
    Oh i read @Bertrand putting you and Adam together in some thread or other; I don't see any similarities between you and Adam ftr

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I think its not that people are masquerading on purpose to fit some image, but that there are certain images (like CEOs with fancy watches and hot, sassy wives for LIE) that pervade everything and take on more prominence than the basics of the theory. and people are pretty satisfied with explanations like "I got LIE on a test and I'm rich" and any further exploration comes across as rude or pedantic.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lump View Post
    I think its not that people are masquerading on purpose to fit some image, but that there are certain images (like CEOs with fancy watches and hot, sassy wives for LIE) that pervade everything and take on more prominence than the basics of the theory. and people are pretty satisfied with explanations like "I got LIE on a test and I'm rich" and any further exploration comes across as rude or pedantic.
    yeah at worst I would expect LIE to 1) be far more open to the possibility of being something else and 2) have damn good rationalizations. Like really good ones, not a bunch of Se games and ethical debates

its like people don't realize how sides take shape and how people defend their LIEdom says far more about them than whatever the dumbass words on the page purport themselves to be

which is why the test results thing is particularly lol, spoken like true gammas

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think its not that people are masquerading on purpose to fit some image, but that there are certain images (like CEOs with fancy watches and hot, sassy wives for LIE) that pervade everything and take on more prominence than the basics of the theory.
    And guess what, this pezzonovante guy that lavos is talking about was constantly talking about power suits and becoming a CEO in the future.

Which is why this whole thread is pretty ironic in my opinion

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

lavos can be wrong too, it doesn't make you right and the irony is only in that, if you're right, it only makes him one more fake LIE

its actually perfectly consistent with what Lungs is saying

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And guess what, this pezzonovante guy that lavos is talking about was constantly talking about power suits and becoming a CEO in the future.

That's Se HA for you. But I don't remember him constantly talking about that. What I do remember him is very accurately describing his thought processes, in a way that ringed totally true for a Te Ni individual. Guess I'll have to check his posts again.

TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree, I actually think it's the case with celebrities and fictional typings too. Since LIEs are rare and many people have never interacted with one or at least not enough, they have a shaky notion of what they are really like. So it's easy to type by a projected image, a lot of "LIEs" on the sociotypes video examples list are not LIE at all.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

yeah at worst I would expect LIE to 1) be far more open to the possibility of being something else and 2) have damn good rationalizations. Like really good ones, not a bunch of Se games and ethical debates

its like people don't realize how sides take shape and how people defend their LIEdom says far more about them than whatever the dumbass words on the page purport themselves to be

which is why the test results thing is particularly lol, spoken like true gammas
    it makes more sense to me that FDG wouldn't make an effort to rationalize his type to people bcuz he's been around forever and doesn't have the same kind of deep investment as adam ie. using it to entirely guide his life and he doesn't attempt as much intellectual authority.

lol, I don't know anything about that.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is just sad and pathetic. I can't believe (some) grown adults are acting in this way.

The first step to recovery is to admit that everyone falls into the trap of thinking that they're way more intelligent, way more smarter, more logical, more factual, more right than everybody else. And everybody else is simply stupid or insane or dishonest. It's a common cognitive bias.

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lavos can be wrong too, it doesn't make you right and the irony is only in that, if you're right, it only makes him one more fake LIE

its actually perfectly consistent with what Lungs is saying
    So how are actually LIEs in real life, the normal ones?
    For example, I know one who is a hipster-y social science researcher, another one who designs and builds kitchens for big ships and likes motorbikes, another one who teaches math @ high school...

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if the dispute in question is over whether we know what LIE is, how is that answering that question going to help at all, without resorting to pre established stereotypes. also its just an appeal to the crowd at bottom, which is precisely the circular nature of the problem to begin with

the bottom line is LIE is Te Ni

demonstrate it or not

99% of these criticisms are beta Se Ti Fe fuck fuck games

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast