Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

you're talking about irrational perception which is what God is

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could agree with that but I'm not sure what your idea of "irrational" is. But yes, transcendent, you could say irrational but transcendent is more than just merely irrational. And I could probably argue God is something beyond transcendence, also, because transcendence is apprehended from a rational perspective.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its just word games at that point, but we agree on the essentials, at least from my point of view I think

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    I believe we're living in a FLAT earth 

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

if the earth is flat I'm pretty sure they're not married to any conventional model of the solar system

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This thread is a cool synch as I just finished watching Nova: Fabric of the Cosmos (for the third time) a few days ago. I have been letting the episodes play while I sleep since so they invaded my dreams. Hitta has talked about this on the forum a bit before so we have similar beliefs in this area.

http://www.dummies.com/education/sci...he-multiverse/

For those who do not know who Max Tegmark is but have an interest in theoretical physics check him out. http://space.mit.edu/home/tegmark/crazy.html

Big Bang Discovery Opens Doors to the "Multiverse"

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    SubT, you still have not resolved the infinite regression problem whatsoever and I'm not repeating myself the rest of the night.
    That is only a problem if you think nature was created. Otherwise, there is no problem to resolve.

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by idontgiveaf View Post
    I believe we're living in a FLAT earth 🌍
    The universe is flat, but you have no excuse.

Banned
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, subT, transfinite is not infinite... Eternity is not a span of time, infinite is not a quantity. If you are counting digits of Pi, you never reach the "infinite" digit. Eternity is an immutability that is beyond time. Already made the argument, you ignored it ... Goodbye!

TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by crazedrat1776 View Post
    No, subT, transfinite is not infinite... Eternity is not a span of time, infinite is not a quantity. If you are counting digits of Pi, you never reach the "infinite" digit. Eternity is an immutability that is beyond time. Already made the argument, you ignored it ... Goodbye!
    I don't see how this has any bearing on whether nature is eternal or not.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We exist on a 2D plane.

TIM
    ILI-Ni 8 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitta View Post
    Reality has to be constrained by both human consciousness and the laws of physics(which in the model I have laid out are interrelated).

For example, take the number pi. When most people write the number pi, they use 3.14, but really pi is a transfinite number that can have as many digits as the imagination allows. You can say it has 10 trillion digits, you can say it has 39483948384384938493842078432589235829305849023849 02384293084293085892367829389549249835827592384902 8349023842384908690285902384 digits. Now what I'm about to explain may sound a bit absurd, but there is a limit to the amount of digits we can literally bring pi too. For starters, there is a conservation of energy within the universe, meaning no energy can created or added to the system(this is of course debatable, but I'd counter that even if energy is added to the system then it is rate limited). Therefore there is a finite amount of energy that can be applied to transcribe or interpret the numbers. Planck's length would limit the ability to go infinitely small in order to transcribe/encode data more digits, as well as there is a finite size limitations on mass as the particles that are responsible for mass are only a certain size. In a sense it's like saying if you have a pen with a finite amount of ink and you can only write things a certain size, there will always be limitations on the number of characters that can be transcribed by the pen.

(please don't attempt to counter this by bringing up computers because I don't feel like going in digital to analog explanations and byte sizes and all kinds of other shit... i'll just say there is a limitation on what computers can do too, they aren't special).
    This is like saying that the tree that fell in the woods when nobody was there doesn't exist.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Hacking your soul since the beginning of time Hitta's Avatar
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alomoes View Post
    This is like saying that the tree that fell in the woods when nobody was there doesn't exist.
    No, as there is always someone there. The universe is the expansion of your unconscious mind which makes up your perceptual reality. That is one of the main points that I've tried to convey. When something falls in the woods, we are aware of it on a unconscious level.
    Model X Will Save Us!

*randomwarelinkremoved

jessica129:scrotums r hot

:" hitting cap makes me envision cervix smashing"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Analogies of Dimensional Realities

"When we talk about the idea of different dimensional realities all being Here and Now, the best way to explain this is perhaps in the following ways:

The Radio Analogy: Each and every one of you understands the device that you have upon your planet that you call a radio. You know that you have a dial on your radio that you can use to tune in to any particular program you desire. Now, just because your dial is tuned to one program, you do not start thinking that all the other programs cease to exist and go away. You know that all the other programs are still there, but you do not get them because you are not tuned into those frequencies.

Film Strip Analogy: Your reality can be analogized to a roll of film with its many different frames, each and every frame represents a small portion of an overall action. Now, the characters within each frame only exist within that single frame, and do not experience the next frame. For the characters in the film to experience any sense of movement, the film must move. However, to the film projectionist the entire film exists right now, the beginning, the middle and the end. You can see all the frames at once when looking down on the strip of film, even though the characters on the film must experience their reality one frame at a time. Physical reality is analogous to the strip of film. Your higher, non-physical visionary selves are like the projectionist that can see all the frames at once.

All Situations Are Neutral: The idea now will be to also remember the neutrality of all situations. You could look at any one particular frame on that film and not necessarily understand what is being said or what is going on. Only from the creation of continuity, from the flow of the film, do you pick up the context. But each and every situation in life is like one of those frames of film, it does not have any meaning that is apparent on the surface. The meaning you choose to give it, completely determines what kind of a story you create from that picture.

The Stage Analogy: The idea is to look at every single situation in your life in the following way: imagine that you are sitting in an auditorium looking at the beginning of a play. The curtain has just gone up, all the actors are standing still on the stage, all the props are there ready to go. But, let's assume you did not read the program. Let us assume you have heard nothing about the play, so you do not know who these characters are, or what they will do or say. You have no automatic expectations about them at all.

Now, one of the characters on the stage might be standing off in a corner with a very strong frown on their face. Because of what some of you have been taught, you might choose to automatically assume, "Oh, well that must be the bad fellow.” However, some of you might assume, "Well, maybe he is frowning because he is upset at the bad character and he is the good character." The surface appearance tells you nothing. The whole situation is neutral. Everything, including the actors, for now, are simply props and have no built-in meaning."

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12