Thread: Confirmation Bias in Socionics Types

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Confirmation Bias in Socionics Types

which types are most prone to confirmation bias?

def:; Confirmation bias, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias, is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

have you ever noticed yourself making this mistake and succumbing to this, and what is your type?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm guilty of this at times. Honestly I can see Ti base being prone to this, especially LII. Subjective logic, putting it into their own system, sometimes at the point of ignoring empirical facts.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I'm very sensitive to and bothered by noticing this in others and very hard on myself when I notice it in myself, but it's impossible for me to say whether I do it more or less than average. I'm curious about responses to this.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I thought a belief in socionics was a confirmation bias, so all types.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    This works under assumption that others want to believe socionics to be true, but some are rather uneasy with it and did not wish for it. I see your point however

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Te - facts region
    hence, Te weak and non-valued types

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

-
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptitron View Post
    Saying that a certain type is prone to confirmation bias is a confirmation bias...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Saying that a certain type is prone to confirmation bias is a confirmation bias...
    You said it!!!

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    Only if you look for evidence to support it while ignoring or rejecting evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Milo
    have you ever noticed yourself making this mistake and succumbing to this, and what is your type?
    Yes, I've done this. I think it's a human tendency that everyone would benefit from being aware of in their own thinking.
    Last edited by squark; 09-23-2017 at 02:43 PM.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Involved > Abstract
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is a bit embarassing because... I alwyas think I make perfect sense and am of course above any of this mundane bias things... then puf, turns out I was just following the newest theory, or all the stuff I've been reading was wrong etc... it happened so many times and I was always so sure about it like now I just realized I wrote memember instead of member in the title of my video on the cognitive forum and uh, I thought it was correct for an entire week jee