Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's considered "fake" to Fe and Fi?

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    How is a laugh manipulative? What makes a laugh manipulative?
    Read again. Fake laugh.

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Remiel View Post
    Read again. Fake laugh.
    Haha.

New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only thing that I can imagine as being a fake laugh or an insincere laugh, is a mocking kind of laugh...

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singu View Post
    The only thing that I can imagine as being a fake laugh or an insincere laugh, is a mocking kind of laugh...
    A mocking kind of laugh can be sincere, and a laugh in response to a joke or a comic situation can be fake.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy Fallon has an annoying fake laugh.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karatos View Post
    Jimmy Fallon has an annoying fake laugh.

Cuz he a lil' cunt.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jimmy Fallon: "Hi! Welcome to the show!"
    Random Guest: "Thank you for havi-"
    Jimmy: "HehaHAHAHhrhahHAHAHA"

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HAHAH

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    i see fake laughter as an attempt to fit in & i feel either kinda sad & maternal or neutral towards it

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

i dunno how its manipulative either except for like, "please don't ostracize/dislike me" lol
    I thought of a sales laugh where they are laughing to try to get you buy crap. That to me seems both fake and manipulative. It's not as annoying as winking though. I immediately distrust any salesperson that winks heh.

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Read again. Fake laugh.
    A fake laugh isn't a manipulative laugh unless it is intended to control you somehow. Fake is not the same as manipulative.

Haikus
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aramas View Post
    A fake laugh isn't a manipulative laugh unless it is intended to control you somehow. Fake is not the same as manipulative.
    And what does the intention to elicit a reaction or a perception mean? Are you stupid or autistic?

Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And what does the intention to elicit a reaction or a perception mean? Are you stupid or autistic?
    If you want to take it as far as it can go, then all expressions are in some way manipulative. Lol. Not just fake ones.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fakeness that esp irritates me: guys who say they like you and leave you/don't get back to you; people making obvious empty promises they can't keep or won't keep ("let's hang out soon!" "You should come on vacation with me!") People who pretend to be way richer than they are by accumulating status purchases (although I might just be jealous of their stuff, in this case..but im not jealous of their CC debt..) Also: celebrities lying about plastic surgery bothers me

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Ohh is Fe fake laugh? Omg.. I hate fake laugh.. It's so easy to determine

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

What is fake is objective. Your opinion on fakeness is a very different thing.

edit: fe-type which encounters sth fake is more likely to try to bring genuineness from the fake thing. fi-type more likely to "change subject relation" and ignore or deride fake thing, (if it feels like it).
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

A fox who wants to play, that's me PrettySavage's Avatar
    TIM
    3w4-8w7-5w6
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stellafera View Post
    When what they say doesn't match up (Ti?). Doing one thing and saying another. As a Fe creative, my perspective is that the Fe song-and-dance is a means of accurately communicating actual emotions. If your presentation communicates one thing and your deeds communicate another, you're fake whether you intended to be or not. "I'll be here if you need anything [i.e. "I'm concerned for your well being]", then never extending the branch, for instance. If that's how it is, I suppose you weren't as sincere as you thought! Good ways of noticing this include responses that seem overly exaggerated to the situation, saying "yes" to something in a very weasily way, etc.

In general, though, labeling people as "fake" reads really to me.
    YES.

Quote Originally Posted by pinoline View Post
    Social interacting nicely when you don't like someone: fake

complimenting and agreeing with people that are in a position that could be useful to you (=arsekissers): fake

changing opinion as the wind changes: fake

bragging about how cool you are when we know we're all pieces of shit: fake

edit: ahahaha what a timing Stella! ugh.
    So interesting how none of this ring as fake to me. Some read as negative traits, but not related to fakeness or being genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Raver View Post
    When friendliness comes across as exaggerated and unnatural gives a red flag to me. Also, saying you are a good or nice person whether you are or not comes across as fake and full of yourself. Being nice to some people and not others is another red flag showing inconsistency in how you treat others reveals that you are fake.
    ^
    THIS

Quote Originally Posted by Owl View Post
    I mostly can't stand it when people over dramatize their emotion to get reaction from others. Whenever I feel like somebody tries to get my attention by acting overly emotional and dramatic I become as cold as ice.
    ME. I'm just possessed with the impulse to make them cry for real. Sometimes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Olimpia View Post
    I don't even understand what "fake" emotions is supposed to mean exactly... I don't care whether an emotion is "fake" or sincere, for the most part. It would only matter to me if their niceness is largely sarcastic and I can tell. Then I might have an issue with it. Otherwise, as long as they are being nice, that is fine, even if that niceness is not "genuine" and to some extent forced. I care more about the effect/result in this aspect. (However, I would take note of "fake" emotions if it seemed like that in the future, this person would try to backstab me.)

And I do care more about what is "appropriate" emotion, though even that can vary to me... Having said that, I mostly find it inappropriate when people are having fun and laughing and wanting to be merry, and one person (or more) just stays stone-faced and won't join it at all and try to ruin it for everyone. It is fine if someone does not find a joke funny and not join in with big laughter, but I find it problematic and "inappropriate" when that same person starts talking about something very negative then, which brings down the mood of everyone else.
    Ok, so whatever type I am is one who strongly relate to this, like 1000%. Just earlier today I was watching a video of a kpop group doing a Halloween special dance in costumes and one of them had a major bitch face (totally uninterested going on and I immediately wanted to punch him in the face. In my mind I was going "Don't wanna be here? LEAVE! Actually you might wanna leave the group altogether, since lately you're never happy". I mean it's totally irrational and weird, but a common occurrence to me. Later on I found out a friend of his just recently committed suicide and his grandma's death anniversary is coming soon. I kinda felt bad and want to cut him some slack, but I still would prefer he's skip on activities until he can act normal (a.k.a not dead) again because it ruins things for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Inappropriate actions (to FeNi)

Any attempts to sow disharmony within a relationship, group or society
    Moral rigidity ("I am right and anyone who disagrees is evil")
    Self righteousness ("I know what is best for you")
    Personal attacks on people who trigger you ("you offend me, so you deserve to be hurt")
    Virtue signalling (saying nice sounding things in public, while living a sordid private life)
    Lowering someone else's status to compensate for personal failure
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    People who say one thing and do another are "fake" to Fe. This is because Fe is objective and judges you according to external standards of morality. It is not as concerned about the motives or beliefs that led to the action, which are hidden from others. It looks at results.

As such in Fe-world, a Wall Street banker who is kind and generous to his family and friends is far more righteous than a virtue-signalling SJW who lies, cheats on and is emotionally abusive to her boyfriend. It is what you do that defines you, not what you believe. This "bad people can do good deeds" and "works will take you to heaven" view is typical of Roman Catholicism, which is very Fe heavy.

Example of "fake" behaviour that will uncur Fe wrath are:

Betrayal/disloyalty - friends and partners who do not support the Fe user in times of need against enemies
    Hypocrisy (as above) - patronizing, moralizing people who perform amoral acts in their personal lives
    Bingo, we have a winner.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

fake usually comes down to a N/S disjunction informed by either Fi/Fe valuing.

So the SJW who purports to be a good person (intuition) who in fact hurts his relations, according to Fi is fake, because the sensory reality of what he accomplishes contradicts the image he tries to convey via ideological claims

The stone faced sourpuss who is ruining the mood for others is manifesting a certain sensory reality that is at odds with the intuition of them being a good person depending on whether you find such a manifestation being "sincere--aimed at identifying and solving problems" or "rude: impacting others' fun negatively"

to me fake is smuggling harm in time via a package designed to be swallowed based on its pleasing exterior. its when you get pressured to do stuff for the sake of the group that is ultimately bad for either you or others and not what you really want. in other words, fake is pretending you're acting in accordance with your own will when you're not. people staying silent when they know something is wrong is fake.. its the worst kind of fake, when everyone does it its how dictators get made and genocides happen, etc

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Fake is being unreal.

Is that hard?

Oh guys..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123