Thread: Trying to figure out someone's type...

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Trying to figure out someone's type...

It's this girl I've gotten reacquainted with who I'm very curious about. She had a troubled childhood and is now quite unhealthy. Displays symptoms of borderline and narcissism. Her parents divorced when she was very young, her mother is insane and her dad fosters a lot of guilt over the divorce. I can't imagine the screaming matches or fights she was resorted to as a child, but it's clear its affected her. She lived with her mum for a while which I think intensified her problems. Now she lives in a fantasy and takes pride in it and expects her dad to fund her and all her whims.

I know she's definitely a 4w3 fix, possibly so/sx because she's constantly looking for group validation. She's very image focused. Her whole identity revolves around being different, she's said she wants to be important by being different. She's VERY emotionally revealing and honest, but I'm unsure about her motivations. She's self pitying, envious, distrustful, has a huge victim mentality despite being quite privileged and fortunate. Her environment validates her behaviour.

I always remember her being nice, kind, accepting and ethical. She still exhibits these behaviours. But her personality is a huge paradox. She's image focused and it's clear she wants to be known for her thoughts and ideas, even though they're not particularly unique. Speaking to her recently, she comes off pretentious and arrogant. VERY hipster. It was sort of like speaking to a child in an adult's body.

I remember her grandmother telling my grandmother stories about her yelling and screaming at her loved ones for everything she wanted, throwing tantrums and crying when she didn't get her way. Just typical bratty behaviour which was further validated by her environment because they gave her everything she wanted out of guilt.

She could give Morrissey a run for his money, tbh.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by velveteen; 09-07-2017 at 01:32 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

i'd start with video

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhealthy EII with Se PoLR burning out. That's what I get, at least.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelocust View Post
    It's this girl I've gotten reacquainted with who I'm very curious about. She had a troubled childhood and is now quite unhealthy. Displays symptoms of borderline and narcissism. Her parents divorced when she was very young, her mother is insane and her dad fosters a lot of guilt over the divorce. I can't imagine the screaming matches or fights she was resorted to as a child, but it's clear its affected her. She lived with her mum for a while which I think intensified her problems. Now she lives in a fantasy and takes pride in it and expects her dad to fund her and all her whims.

I know she's definitely a 4w3 fix, possibly so/sx because she's constantly looking for group validation. She's very image focused. Her whole identity revolves around being different, she's said she wants to be important by being different. She's VERY emotionally revealing and honest, but I'm unsure about her motivations. She's self pitying, envious, distrustful, has a huge victim mentality despite being quite privileged and fortunate. Her environment validates her behaviour.

I always remember her being nice, kind, accepting and ethical. She still exhibits these behaviours. But her personality is a huge paradox. She's image focused and it's clear she wants to be known for her thoughts and ideas, even though they're not particularly unique. Speaking to her recently, she comes off pretentious and arrogant. VERY hipster. It was sort of like speaking to a child in an adult's body.

I remember her grandmother telling my grandmother stories about her yelling and screaming at her loved ones for everything she wanted, throwing tantrums and crying when she didn't get her way. Just typical bratty behaviour which was further validated by her environment because they gave her everything she wanted out of guilt.

She could give Morrissey a run for his money, tbh.

Thoughts?
    Victimy could be ni ego.
    You said she was ethical
    If shes also introvert IEI
    Otherwise EIE

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I'm torn between Delta NF and Beta NF.

She's artsy, studied photography, has a wonderful voice and is into conceptual art... she's very existential but she talks about the concept as though she's come up with it. She reveals things about the human condition as though she's doing humanity a favour, as though no one has ever thought about what she is talking about before. Everything is about her and her experiences and her feelings about those experiences. She jumps into things without thinking them through at all. I assume she does it for experience's sake. But she's manipulative and hides her true motivations and intentions and holds a grudge when things don't go her way until she gets her way, then reveals how she felt about her experiences in retrospect and expects everyone to sympathise with her poor choices and regrets. I have never seen anything like it.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi/Ne > Ni/Fe. Just my impression.

Since you're an EII yourself, it may be useful to study your relationship with her (Identical vs Quasi Identical).
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelocust View Post
    Yeah, I'm torn between Delta NF and Beta NF.

She's artsy, studied photography, has a wonderful voice and is into conceptual art... she's very existential but she talks about the concept as though she's come up with it. She reveals things about the human condition as though she's doing humanity a favour, as though no one has ever thought about what she is talking about before. Everything is about her and her experiences and her feelings about those experiences. She jumps into things without thinking them through at all. I assume she does it for experience's sake. But she's manipulative and hides her true motivations and intentions and holds a grudge when things don't go her way until she gets her way, then reveals how she felt about her experiences in retrospect and expects everyone to sympathise with her poor choices and regrets. I have never seen anything like it.
    I would not rule out an SF type either. Sounds like strong Fi + sx instinct by your descriptions and probably some anger management issues but this is not a lot of information to type by. Victim attitude is not victim romance style number 9. Anyone can act "victimy" and you say she is a 4w3 so that would influence a lot.

Edit: actually scratch sx instinct since I see no proof of that. Just a lot of issues which might not even be type related, like the flipping out. I don't remember (read last night) if you said she was diagnosed with anything clinically and I don't like to assume someone has been.

Intuitive-Ethical Extrovert
    IEE – ENFp – Huxley (Instigator)

For the IEE importance is placed on what’s most interesting and gripping – in these they see potential possibilities and promising trends, both in human society and in the sphere of production, and organize people towards realizing these possibilities.

Description of the Strong Functions:

Ne – Program function.
    [B]For the IEE it is most important to find, to see, to comprehend the new possibility where there previously never was one. Her attention is always riveted towards the unique and unusual. She’s stimulated by new ideas and is willing to receive information from any sources. This can lead her to unexpected scientific discoveries, museum exhibitions, non-traditional methods of entertainment and medicine, journeys, meeting with new people…

Her interest flashes rapidly, like that of a child at the sight of a new toy, but as soon as the object of entertainment loses its novelty she becomes uninterested, her interest vanishes rapidly and she hurries to be charmed by a new possibility. Because of her fresh views and openness to new things IEE often possesses a set of abilities and talents. It pleases her to test herself in different fields – many representatives of this psycho-type design well, can be easily trained for sports and in musical instruments, fascinated by psychology, theatre, cinematography, and art. They test their abilities in the moment, write verses, and are ingenious storytellers.

As a rule IEE is very penetrating: she can easily predict what it is possible to expect in the future from another individual, especially if she is sufficiently familiar with him/her. As no other she knows how to inspire, to reveal the abilities and talents of others, to manifest support towards others to realize themselves. In people she values kindness, uniqueness and talent. Envy is alien to her – her creative nature allows her to see many possible avenues worth following. Even in old age she’s always ready to learn new things.

Fi – Creative function. All possibilities must be made aware to others so that they may act on them. IEE easily makes contact with others and rapidly becomes the soul of the company. Is able to connect with spectators and students, and is ready to play with their attention. Her behavior is noticeably impulsive, her mood frequently varies, but she tries to hide all of her negative experiences from others to avoid their judgments.

IEE possesses the gift of inspiring those that surround her towards activities, which can be considered promising and revealing in the long-term. She finds it rather interesting to manipulate – literally to juggle with the moods of others. Here she is an experimenter, curiously observing the reactions of others to her emotional provocations. She wonderfully manages the emotional sphere, she gives compliments to others and is sincere for she is always ready to notice the positive traits inherent in others, but she may sometimes chaff, and attempt to tease a little… this is never done with actual spite but in a playful manner, as if it’s a game.

Benevolence and optimism are generally inherent in people of this psycho-type. They are eager to offer aid, but one ought not to rely too heavily on their promises for they are often forgetful, and easily distracted by other people.

By wonderfully understanding the moods of people IEE knows how to deftly avoid conflict, to extinguish such with a joke. But when the reason for conflict aligns with her inherent interests she may get caught up in the conflict, in such situations she acts actively and decisively.

Description of the Weak Functions:

Ti – Vulnerable function. Represents “working activity” and always supposes a definite organization. By this is meant punctuality, the function of responsibilities, instruction, regulation, the hierarchy of subordination, accountability… And these are all which serve to drive the IEE away – any weighty framework that dictates to her “to fulfill responsibilities.” Her creativity sees nothing as predetermined. Therefore it is especially important that she find work in which her gifts are revealed.

The nontrivial course of thoughts characteristic for many representatives of this psycho-type may lead them to realize themselves in scientific research work, where with ease they propose unexpected views on problems. However, they poorly respond to manual labor and logical analysis. Anything that requires they be thorough and systematic in their investigations will lead them to quickly tire. They prefer to hand these aspects of scientific work to others and instead assume the role of “generator of ideas.” However, when they fail to find creative work, in which something new can always be seen, their previously indefatigable inquisitiveness severely weakens.

After having tried 10 – 15 different specialties she may prove to be without anything, to have attained nothing in life, the entirety of her talent gone unrealized. After completing necessary preparations in a new project, if she sees something, which she finds more attractive, she may throw away everything. She prefers not to plan, but to improvise; it is dangerous to rely on her business qualities for she can get caught up in the moment.

She doesn’t respond well to templates and standards. IEE recognizes no formal subordination, feels no piety towards authorities; this may lead to trouble. The observations of authorities, especially if they, in her opinion, are wrong, are answered to sharply disregarding of who they are. It is therefore understandable that she is not at place in conditions subordinate to strict authority.

Se – Role function. IEE assumes that society values daring, decisive, volitional people, and she attempts to create about herself the impression that she is such a person. In some cases she can actually manifest in herself willpower, and in some situations is capable of acting with pressure, but most frequently such pressure is not sufficient in the long-term and her persistence proves to be short-lived.

IEE is not too interested in the world of material things. She is not able to keep up with it and prefers that another take charge of such matters. She is not confident in the necessity of one purchase over another and needs another person with which to confer. Financially she’s often negligent, her money interests her more so in terms of its immediate use than in terms of obtaining new experiences in life.

IEE at Work and in the Home:

IEE does not aim for leadership positions for it is difficult for her to control the collective at an intermediate level, where it is necessary to observe regulations and transient functions from the top to the bottom and from the bottom to the top. She is much better able to manifest her abilities at the head of the whole collective. From this office she’s able to glance at the problem, to see prospects of development in the enterprise, and to strategically solve such in a way that proves greatly successful to the collective. Her ability to put forth nontrivial ideas can prove to be the decisive factor in competitive activity. However, the study of components should be charged to those nearby, who will manage such better than she.

IEE also has the useful ability, at any rank of leadership, to arrange cadres in a way that effectively uses the best abilities of each. However, enforcing discipline, and the evaluation of work’s execution and its quality should be charged to deputies.

Due to her ability to foresee new possibilities, and rapidly act on such, she is irreplaceable in proprietor activity, in the organization of new work, in the creation of advertising, in journalism… in a sense anywhere her ardor, and curiosity to the novel, works together with her ability to establish contacts.

In relations towards representatives of intimate attraction the IEE has a tendency towards newness and change. In the conjugal life this position is rarely well understood by others. If her partner does not know how to always be novel and mysterious then her love can rapidly die out. It’s helpful if her significant other possesses stability, the patience to understand that each new entertainment will pass just as rapidly as the one before. Otherwise it will be difficult to avoid scandals and separation.

Domestic economical activity is completely alien to IEE. She attempts to solve household problems with a minimum of effort, finding no pleasure in this.

Despite the fact that IEE corresponds weakly to the family ideals of society she’s able to adapt by means of constant newness and mutability… It is not surprising that even at an elderly age she retains the ability to charm and be charmed by others.

Summary of Functions:

1. – For the IEE it is most important to find and comprehend the most important and most interesting – to find, to see, to comprehend new possibilities where there previously was none. From a set of variants is capable of selecting the most controversial and promising in the long-term. Loves to dream and fantasize, can sufficiently forecast the course of events.
    2. – Possesses the gift of inspiring people towards long-term promising activities. Knows how to juggle the moods and relations of those that surround her. Conceals negative moods within her so as not to suffer other’s judgments; but is more willing to share with friends, in this regard.
    3. – Regime, duty, regulations, accountability, all disarm her. Finds it difficult to be inscribed in any framework. Works exclusively based on her mood, is better able to focus on ‘big picture’ work than to be occupied by thorough study.
    4. – In regards to volitional methods acts exclusively for purposes of defense. Is not very attracted to the material world, finds it difficult to keep up, is often negligent in regards to her finances.
    http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ion-(Filatova)
    Last edited by Aylen; 09-08-2017 at 05:04 PM.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1558 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Step away from the vehicle.

Thy honourable mettle may be wrought
    From that it is disposed. Therefore it is meet
    That noble minds keep ever with their likes;
    For who so firm that cannot be seduced?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I would not rule out an SF type either. Sounds like strong Fi + sx instinct by your descriptions and probably some anger management issues but this is not a lot of information to type by. Victim attitude is not victim romance style number 9. [IMG]file://localhost/private/var/folders/2j/6vt8qy453gz18ft6cmk3mn1r0000gn/T/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.png[/IMG]Anyone can act "victimy" and you say she is a 4w3 so that would influence a lot.

Edit: actually scratch sx instinct since I see no proof of that. Just a lot of issues which might not even be type related, like the flipping out. I don't remember (read last night) if you said she was diagnosed with anything clinically and I don't like to assume someone has been.
    I'm starting to think IEE too!

I also considered ISFp I don't think she's been diagnosed clinically, but she displays symptoms. She seems delusional and she victimises herself. She is the eternal victim in this tragedy she's written for herself. But I'm unsure about her romance style. She's very revealing about her internal states. Every time I go online she's revealing something. She'll say she feels empty, she'll readily admit she wants to be different so she can be important, she will tell the world she has no identity and she'll question why she falls in love with every guy that gives her attention. And I think her motivation is to be emotionally validated. I always found her ability to express herself and her weaknesses admirable, but she's not humble about it. She feels it's what distinguishes her from everybody else, she doesn't or perhaps doesn't want to realise how much like everyone else she actually is.

She has a huge social network of friends and admirers. She is all about herself and expressing herself and the defending the values and causes of the groups she identifies with. She takes on other people's causes and embodies them. Which is why I assumed so/sx for her.

Fi/Ne > Ni/Fe. Just my impression.

Since you're an EII yourself, it may be useful to study your relationship with her (Identical vs Quasi Identical).
    Yeah, she doesn't strike me as a Ni/Fe either.

It doesn’t feel like an identical or quasi-identical relationship. It just feels like we are on two very different wavelengths. I considered mirror relations and that she could be IEE. She says she’s an introvert, but she seeks the spotlight which is very unlike an IEI and EII, but that could be the 4w3 so/sx fix. She just seems lost, insecure and scattered and is dragging everyone else along with her. She makes excuses for not getting her shit together. She seems to be seeking people and an environment where she is understood and accepted, but has no tangible goals or realistic expectations. She doesn’t think things through, just seeks to experience things and relies on the support of her dad. Lies to him about her true intentions and motivations. I suppose she manipulates to get her needs met, but her method is beyond ruthless and immature.

When I was speaking to her, I was mostly just trying to understand her and her intentions, I got the wrong impression that she knew what she was doing or had some kind of plan at first. I sensed that she was distrustful, but she seemed nice and willing to converse. But then she blatantly ignored me and my attempt to collaborate with her/help afterward (I also work in the sphere of media/art), which threw me off because I thought we were making progress. I thought maybe she had gotten the wrong idea about me, but I think she just thought I couldn't possibly understand her and her "complicated" art/intellect Turns out she has no idea what she is actually doing and her plans change on the whim.

Observing her and her work, though, it seems her whole thing is about experiencing things so that she can express herself and be admired and known for it. She’s very outward. I consider myself pretty grounded, realistic and inward in how I experience things. I can measure whether an experience is worthwhile. I very much think before I go into something and consider who will be affected by my choices and how, sometimes too much. She doesn’t seem to know what she’s doing and jumps into experiences and doesn't care whom her actions affects. She’s the kind of person who would waste a tonne of money to find herself only to realise there’s nothing to find. The physical experience, though, is vital to her "understanding".

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Step away from the vehicle.

Thy honourable mettle may be wrought
    From that it is disposed. Therefore it is meet
    That noble minds keep ever with their likes;
    For who so firm that cannot be seduced?