Thread: I Created My Own Philosophy. What Type Am I?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I Created My Own Philosophy. What Type Am I?

I need assistance in figuring out my type because my understanding is still missing crucial pieces though I don't know what they are. It's just not clicking like it should yet. I am just looking to work on self-improvement and I think knowing one's type accelerates growth.

I am 18 years old and living in America if that matters.

I am a writer, poet, philosopher, musician, rapper, and amateur filmmaker. I am a very artistic man who intends on breaking into the mainstream with all of my friends. I am the clear leader of all my associates and have no problem being the leader as I believe that I know better than they do about what activities we should partake in.

I've been noted tas having a calming effect on others who talk to me and I have never failed to get a person to open up to me when I wanted them to. I try my best to understand why people are the way they are and what they need to do to improve. I've often been accused of being unemotional and I admit that I do usually discuss heavy things with a smile on my face and a plethora of jokes. Though, I only do that to make the atmosphere lighter, I'm uncomfortable when someone is expressing no emotion or too much emotion.

When it comes to my personal emotions, I am pretty hit-or-miss as majority of the time, I don't even realize that I'm expressing any emotion and I often get mad or sad, but can't understand why until I isolate myself from everyone or talk to one of my close friends about it. Of course, you wouldn't be able to tell because I normally just get really quiet and lash out sarcastically at anyone who keeps pressing me.

Potential-spotting is another handy skill I have access to. Within minutes of meeting a person, I can decide if they fit in with my goals or if they will end up obstructing them later on. I can envision a future where this person is at the very pinnacle of their talents and try to convince them to chase that, even if it goes against plans they already have. I just really hate when a person wastes a perfectly good talent that someone else would've killed for.

Spontaneous people both interest and horrify me, people who "wing" their entire life. Their fearlessness leaves me in awe, but their utter lack of common sense sometimes is annoying. I normally try to have some kind of understanding of a situation before I jump in. I can be spontaneous only when I give myself some kind of guidelines first.

People fear that I have an unjust grip on the people around me because everyone takes my side even if I'm talking in circles. I have never used my status as leader to get them to rebel against their families or anything, I just encourage people to think for themselves and how their actions can impact the world and other people.

After certain people in my friend group started doing stupid as well as immoral things, I drafted up a code of conduct which everyone else edited so we could have some sort of structure in our group. You know what they say, your friends are a reflection of you and I don't want my reflection to have a bunch of blemishes.

Other than those friends who were going a different path, my friends bring the greatest pleasure to my life, I left home at 17 to begin living with my friend. I was completely alienated by my family so I decided my friends would be my family. My parents didn't mind and neither did I. My friends and I like to throw parties and do artsy things together. We all share our work together and have promised to all "make it" together. We normally meet up several times a week and work on stuff then go somewhere we've never been before. We often have people we know asking if they can come hang out with us because we seem so cool.

My biggest claim to fame is the life philosophy I created for my friends and I. Right now, I reluctantly call it "The Chase" for lack of a better name at the moment. I'm still fleshing it out of course as it's a little rough at the moment.

Essentially, it is a combination of Nihilism and Hedonism. The chase of pleasure not for it's own sake, but the chase of pleasure so your life can have meaning. It is a fight against time that you will eventually lose, but you must fight for as long as you can. That's the only way to truly be alive in such a cold world.

An excerpt from the book I'm writing on the subject:

"That purpose being a lifelong dedication to the 'Chasing of Explosions.' You see, everything worth having in this world is temporary. Money, love, friends, family, and youth all will pass against the strength of time. Time may heal all wounds, but it also destroys the beauty of life. Nature dies to be reborn, people and animals die. The ones who survive become completely different creatures as time hardens their mind, body, and soul.

People believe the way to reach happiness is to keep pace with time as it rains havoc upon their lives and takes away everything, diligently waiting for their own time to pass. I propose that instead of being buddies with time, you try to always move a few steps ahead, savoring the beauty of the moment before it is completely corrupted by time. You must jump into as many "explosions" as you can before time inevitably catches you and wipes you from existence.

"Explosions" are intense moments that give you a good burst of life. Emotionally, spiritually, and mentally, your life should be intense. Do not settle for anything less than that which gives you a feeling akin to riding a roller coaster. Life wasn't created just so everyone could go through the motions. Aside from a few small things, you should always be in the middle of an "explosion" experiencing the moment to the greatest extent that you possibly can. Do not live life on autopilot."

That's it for now. I hope I can get some good suggestions for my type.

If you have any questions about my philosophy or my life, feel free to ask. I have nothing to hide.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing?

TIM
    RLOEI 6w5 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll say that you're probably an valuing type.

Quote Originally Posted by NewAge View Post
    I've often been accused of being unemotional and I admit that I do usually discuss heavy things with a smile on my face and a plethora of jokes. Though, I only do that to make the atmosphere lighter, I'm uncomfortable when someone is expressing no emotion or too much emotion.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound very, very beta. IEI-Ni or EIE-Ni.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the replies. I suspected that I was an ENFj or INFp. Any clear way to determine which?

Banned
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It actually just sounds like classical nihilism... the alteration of society between authoritarianism and excessive pleasure seeking was always considered the inevitable consequence of nihilism. Sounds like the life philosophy of every 18 year old... and that's not to diminish it. No doubt your philosophy will be very different by the time you're 28.
    Last edited by purplehearts; 08-15-2017 at 10:39 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Absolutely no offense taken. You should've seen it when I first started building it, basically a guideline on existentialism. I am trying to carve it into a more magnificent sculpture at the moment by going over all the points where it crosses with the other philosophers and religions I've studied.

But Nihilism didn't preach Hedonism even though that is the route a lot of them took. Nietzsche instead preached of Nihilism relating to the Ubermensch, a man of unshakable morals created by him. Becoming "better" than society.

Nonetheless, I understand what you are saying.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

yeah your ''philosophy'' isnt new, its just existentialism

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your initiative to lead lends me to think you are an EIE.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, everything you wrote reminded me of this:

EIEs are naturally animate and passionate and are skilled at generating liveliness and excitement. They believe that people need to be emotionally involved in life, not distant or indifferent to the important things that are happening. EIEs often hold strong views about governance and social custom, though their beliefs stem from the interests of their close emotional relationships. EIEs like to involve people in interaction and create groups based around a shared experience. They tend to try to continually broaden these groups and engage people who seem to be on the sidelines. The individuals who the EIE is spending time with are far more important to the EIE than the event that is actually taking place. EIEs like to make their friends laugh, and employ an over-the-top style of humor. Often the joke is on the EIE, whether or not they know it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Number 9 large View Post
    yeah your ''philosophy'' isnt new, its just existentialism
    But aren't all philosophies essentially related to one another. A new philosophy is just pushing the concept further. Like Existensialism is an extension of Nihilism and Christian Existensalism an extension of that. I agree with you though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thelocust View Post
    Also, everything you wrote reminded me of this:
    Yeah, I'm thinking I'm ENFJ now.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@NewAge

Alpha or Beta Intuitive type, not ILE

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cult Leader seems like a career path that may hold promise for you.

On the positive side, you will attract large numbers of ignorant female followers, and they will serve you without question. You can also experiment with many substances, proclaim that your grand vision will save the world and perhaps, if you're savvy, you will trademark your larger-than-life image to ensure a reliable income stream. Just pray that an ambitious and cynical journalist without morals doesn't come along to spoil the party, at least not before the drugs wreck your libido.

EIE, probably Fe subtype.
    SO/SX - this is very obvious.
    3w2 or 2w3.
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-17-2017 at 02:51 AM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for the replies. I suspected that I was an ENFj or INFp. Any clear way to determine which?
    Checkout Cognitive Styles: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Victor-Gulenko
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your philosophy isn't much of a new philosophy at all, and Nietzsche didn't preach nihilism.

I don't even realize that I'm expressing any emotion and I often get mad or sad, but can't understand why until I isolate myself from everyone or talk to one of my close friends about it.

Not EIE, probably not IEI either since that's still Ego . Probably Hidden Agenda, like SLE. The point of 4D Fe is to be aware of, modulate, and influence emotions. If you have no idea what you're feeling or that you're expressing anything, you are failing at that badly, so I can't even see Ego in that case. On the other hand, the Hidden Agenda tends to be, well, hidden, and is often called the Pathetic Hidden Agenda. Also, your entire post is about how much power you have, not about how you feel about things or your values.

I propose that instead of being buddies with time, you try to always move a few steps ahead, savoring the beauty of the moment before it is completely corrupted by time. You must jump into as many "explosions" as you can before time inevitably catches you and wipes you from existence.

"Explosions" are intense moments that give you a good burst of life. Emotionally, spiritually, and mentally, your life should be intense. Do not settle for anything less than that which gives you a feeling akin to riding a roller coaster.

This does not sound very Decisive, in the stereotypical sense. Decisive is the opposite of living in the moment. But if you're SLE, you'd be using your 2D to try to attract 4D from your dual, and is what gives you most of the long-term aspects of Decisiveness anyways. Plus, how can you possibly structure this like a Rational type at all? Your philosophy is an attempt to find your IEI dual. LSIs are not going to go for this. Naming yourself NewAge doesn't mean you're a Beta NF, even if New Age tends to be associated with IEI.

Also, on : sees processes in time. If you had 3D or 4D , why would you see things as corrupted by time? That's a Static viewpoint if there ever was one. With , things are the same across time, because they are inherently dynamic, like how a caterpillar is defined by the fact it's supposed to turn into a butterfly rather than a beetle or something else, and wouldn't exist to begin with if that wasn't neccessary, or if you're about to go to a party, you'll be there later, yet you can still say you're going now. High dimensionality implies high dimensionality and vice versa, so I don't see Intuition at all here.
    Last edited by Pallas; 08-17-2017 at 06:05 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Wyrd pointed out good bits. Though I wouldn't rule out Intuition. Aside from the Beta NF suggestions, imo LII is certainly not to be excluded at this point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    Cult Leader seems like a career path that may hold promise for you.

On the positive side, you will attract large numbers of ignorant female followers, and they will serve you without question. You can also experiment with many substances, proclaim that your grand vision will save the world and perhaps, if you're savvy, you will trademark your larger-than-life image to ensure a reliable income stream. Just pray that an ambitious and cynical journalist without morals doesn't come along to spoil the party, at least not before the drugs wreck your libido.

EIE, probably Fe subtype.
    SO/SX - this is very obvious.
    3w2 or 2w3.
    Cult Leader doesn't really appeal to me, I'm more for teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves without anyone else's dogma. I do like to lead people and influence their emotions, but I am not for drugs most of the time. I hate to lose control of my mindset and I don't like ignorant people even more than that. Everything else is appealing however, every person who wishes to attain something substantial needs followers.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wyrd

Thats where things get a little jumbled in my philosophy, I want things to change, but I see the changes as being bad most of the time. Old things or things that stood the test of time lose their allure to me, they become...common. Beauty and bliss cannot be found in common things and the same goes for the present. Beauty is only found doing unique things and interacting with unique people. At the same moment, time "changes" those things into something played out. I am not sentimental at all, the past is nothing important to me, it's disgusting I might even say. You can only experience beauty in the current moment and it turns to dust the moment you have it.

Thats what hat makes the world great though. Keeps you on your toes.

Hopefully that hat explained it a little better

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Myst

What brings you to LII?

I'm intrigued.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wyrd

Thats where things get a little jumbled in my philosophy, I want things to change, but I see the changes as being bad most of the time. Old things or things that stood the test of time lose their allure to me, they become...common. Beauty and bliss cannot be found in common things and the same goes for the present. Beauty is only found doing unique things and interacting with unique people. At the same moment, time "changes" those things into something played out. I am not sentimental at all, the past is nothing important to me, it's disgusting I might even say. You can only experience beauty in the current moment and it turns to dust the moment you have it.

Thats what hat makes the world great though. Keeps you on your toes.

Hopefully that hat explained it a little better
    Things aren't common. Experiences are. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" doesn't mean whatever you want can be pretty. It means it's transcendental to actual things, like how colors are in our eyes. I thought that was Plato 101. See the world through any dogma and of course everything's ugly.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cult Leader doesn't really appeal to me, I'm more for teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves without anyone else's dogma. I do like to lead people and influence their emotions, but I am not for drugs most of the time. I hate to lose control of my mindset and I don't like ignorant people even more than that. Everything else is appealing however, every person who wishes to attain something substantial needs followers.
    That's just what LIE above would like to be.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Cult Leader doesn't really appeal to me, I'm more for teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves without anyone else's dogma.
    It's funny that you don't see that teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves is also a kind of dogma

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny that you don't see that teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves is also a kind of dogma
    I really do and I actually was thinking of that as I wrote that. This world has a way of bringing up contradictions no matter what you do for some reason. At least in my own experience that's how it is, I find that most people never really examine the beliefs they were raised with and lived restrained lives while most successful people continually looked for their own answers.

I believe that being yourself is a pretty important thing for proper development.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wyrd

I see. Well, I unfortunately do not have any knowledge of Socrates, I mainly focused on Diogenes, Aristotle, Kiersgaard, Sartre, Rand, and Nietzsche in my studies of philosophy. The others were not appealing to me for some reason.

So you believe I am SLE?

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Wyrd

I see. Well, I unfortunately do not have any knowledge of Socrates, I mainly focused on Diogenes, Aristotle, Kiersgaard, Sartre, Rand, and Nietzsche in my studies of philosophy. The others were not appealing to me for some reason.

So you believe I am SLE?
    I was just saying Nietzsche is not a nihilist. He was strongly opposed to nihilism, but his philosophy is described in a really violent, extreme, and theatrical way, and since people often have revulsion to that and don't think it actually leads to anything, they label it nihilism. I don't think it's all that good overall even if it makes a lot of good points, but it's not nihilism, and it's better than Anglo-Saxon Shroom Philosophy ("Dude! What if we all live in, like, a computer?" ...That's not even philosophy, sorry).

It seems most likely, although I wouldn't bet very much on it.

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I believe that being yourself is a pretty important thing for proper development.
    ''being yourself'' as a life philosophy implies that you are already good enough, therefore not in need of development, as that would require changing who you are. It's funny that you're trying to preach some kind of philosophy and call yourself a philosopher, writer and whatnot but keep contradicting yourself in your so called ''philosophy''. You can't mean two opposing thing at the same time.

This world has a way of bringing up contradictions no matter what you do for some reason.
    And no, it's not ''this world''s fault for you contradicting yourself. It's your own.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Cult Leader doesn't really appeal to me, I'm more for teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves without anyone else's dogma.
    We cannot teach wisdom, only discover it. In truth, nobody but you can change yourself.

You have pitched this thread as if you're asking for advice, so I'll oblige. I would focus on realizing your own personal goals. You mentioned that you're an amateur filmmaker. I for one would love to see more epic, dramatic, masculine movies, untarnished by Hollywood's PC bullshit. People like you have the potential to become widely admired if they develop such talents, then apply them to capture part of the market. You have the potential to make a lot of money.

I do like to lead people and influence their emotions, but I am not for drugs most of the time. I hate to lose control of my mindset and I don't like ignorant people even more than that. Everything else is appealing however, every person who wishes to attain something substantial needs followers.
    Do not invest too much energy into reforming others, because people will inevitably disappoint you. I can see you becoming angry and vindictive in this case, threatening to impose your vision upon others through force.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Number 9 largeYou have a biting with...I like that, we need more logical people. I mean that to be in no way offensive.Reread my paragraph: I said "in my own experience". I have a way of my emotions intruding upon my thinking in a way that messes up my logic. It's a strange thing.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@CuivienenThank you, I truly appreciate that.Everyone else who is commenting as well, thsnk you.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

''being yourself'' as a life philosophy implies that you are already good enough, therefore not in need of development, as that would require changing who you are. It's funny that you're trying to preach some kind of philosophy and call yourself a philosopher, writer and whatnot but keep contradicting yourself in your so called ''philosophy''. You can't mean two opposing thing at the same time.
    It seems paradoxical - after all, if you accept who you are now, why would you be motivated to improve?

I can say from experience that people with poor self-image tend to be slothful and unmotivated, as I used to be one of them. If you don't like yourself you tend to become depressed, and depression will rob you of the energy to get out and do anything. So it's a vicious cycle.

And no, it's not ''this world''s fault for you contradicting yourself. It's your own.
    OP has a patronizing vibe, and he'll quickly discover that doesn't help you sell shit. So agreed there. Still, I think it's awesome that there are some 18 year-olds out there like him. Most kids are zoned out, watching Ariana Grande grind her crotch on a bicycle.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@CuivienenThank you, I truly appreciate that.Everyone else who is commenting as well, thsnk you.
    No problem. If you want to talk about your ideas, feel free to PM me.

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Spermatozoa; 08-18-2017 at 03:44 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

@Myst

What brings you to LII?

I'm intrigued.
    Emotional unawareness. Idealism with "teaching people to live a life that's true to themselves without anyone else's dogma".

Not entirely sure on the explosions bit so the LII idea isn't some final conclusion.

With that, I'm out of here, no time to delve in deeper. Good luck to finding your typing!

Mentioned
    244 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cuivienen View Post
    I think it's awesome that there are some 18 year-olds out there like him. Most kids are zoned out, watching Ariana Grande grind her crotch on a bicycle.
    Hey, just because he's found some philosophical movements doesn't mean he's not doing it after all. I mean, he's still 18

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, just because he's found some philosophical movements doesn't mean he's not doing it after all. I mean, he's still 18
    Haha, I can't say that I ignore popular culture, I just try to view it with as good of a mindset as I can. And I can be a sucker for "beauty" admittedly, I do like my stuff a little more organic though. True expressions of a person's thoughts and feelings no matter how depraved like Kubrick movies.

If you have an opinion on it, could you cast your vote as to my type? If not, it's fine.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Cuivienen

I'll take you up on that offer.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Welcome to the forum.

Have you considered IEE too?

http://www.sociotype.com/socionics/types/IEE-ENFp/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Aylen

Yeah, but things didn't really add up. I find SLI and LSE's as being very hard to communicate with as they are too dismissive of things that dont match up with their own experiences and conventional. A lot of EII's I get along with but they seem to get offended a little too easy. I'm not a person who is really offensive ad I take note of how everyone may respond to sonething, but the EII's I knew put their own feelings before those of the unit and that ain't cool.

Also, thank you, I plan on sticking around and interacting with new people.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@thelocust

Forgot to mention earlier but Fiona Apple is one of my personal favorites. Great choice for an avatar.