Thread: Demonstrative Ni in EIIs

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Demonstrative Ni in EIIs

Can anyone explain this to me, with valid real life examples? How is it a 4D function? what is its use?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its when theyre enlightening you as to the "real" state of the world (illuminating possibilities), but in doing so are tracing out a linear progression originating in the past and extending into the future. a lot of this can be the "makings" of a singular plan or course of action, but not on the basis of strict advocacy but more as a byproduct of the general idea... its how they channel LSE without him feeling controlled, to gently maintain his self perception of being in charge, etc

right now I'm too lazy to generate specific examples but its the stuff novels are made of

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    its when theyre enlightening you as to the "real" state of the world (illuminating possibilities), but in doing so are tracing out a linear progression originating in the past and extending into the future. a lot of this can be the "makings" of a singular plan or course of action, but not on the basis of strict advocacy but more as a byproduct of the general idea... its how they channel LSE without him feeling controlled, to gently maintain his self perception of being in charge, etc

right now I'm too lazy to generate specific examples but its the stuff novels are made of
    Could you give me specific examples when you're not feeling so lazy? it would be really helpful because I don't understand shit from what you've just typed

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

its when LSE says "the world is ending wendys is closed" and EII says "its okay, the world is not ending, mcdonalds is still open" and they go to mcdonalds

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1569 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post

This is very interesting.

I'm a Te-dom (LIE, not LSE), and I find that the EII secretary does this to me. I had never really thought about it before, but she tries to steer me in a direction that she thinks is the best one. She does her homework, she prepares the way, and then hands it to me to do. I actually realize that it often is the best course of action, or at least, a pretty good one, even when I can't or don't want to go that way. In fact, I actually feel guilty when I don't follow her plans.

This happens to me with no other type, at least, that I'm aware of.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

happens to the best of us

they're not really doing it to be controlling, they're doing it to help-- it just so happens their "plan" (Ni) happens to be best at that time (it is 4d after all), as far as we can tell. there's an equilibrium between their immense power (Ni) and responsibility (Fi), nature entrusted Dostoevsky with it because it also endowed them with extreme moral scruples to constrain it. LSE is in good hands

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Often I foresee troubles that will arise and try to plan for them, but others usually think I am planning too much. It's interesting though, because sometimes there are also potential troubles that others who are anxious might plan for, but I just say YOLO and it works out in the end. So, I plan intensively, but only for things that actually need it, even if common sense would suggest I should plan for other things as well. And the things I plan for, others think are silly/overplanning, but in the end, it actually turns out to have been useful. I guess that's the third dimension (situational)? I still don't understand the fourth dimension (time)--the concept of it or how our Ni is 4D.

I don't mean this happens perfectly/all the time (sometimes it turns out I did overplan, or didn't plan for something I should've planned for), but I think this is more the case on average than it is for other people.

E.g., one time I was going to have a professional meeting and I was afraid the person would ask me for a large favor and I wouldn't know how to politely say no (Se PoLR lol), so I asked someone for advice ahead of time. She said she doubted the person would ask for that specific favor, but gave me the exact words to refuse him politely. Lo and behold, it happened...

E.g., I made a mistake booking an Airbnb and was supposed to arrive a night earlier than I had booked, which I realized about a week before arriving. The owner said I could stay there if the room stayed unbooked for that night, but it was kind of iffy whether that would be the case--someone had recently booked it but then canceled, so it was probably a popular listing. I probably should've set up a backup option, but I didn't, and it was fine...

Do you have similar experiences, @Shaebette?

I will say though, I don't feel like my Ni is comparable in accuracy to that of Ni egos, even those with only creative Ni. The linear progression of Ni is diluted by my creative Ne, which never lets me be confident that one particular path is the one that will occur.

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Strategic trait + "Contact" intuition (creative/demonstrative) probably sounds something like this: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...ng-a-Game-Plan

Another potential example taken from Delta discussions, an EII posting something of the like: "This forum has short memory" - this shows is an unconscious, afterthought-like tracking of forum member's opinions and the changes that these opinions have undergone over time, especially when it comes to typings and retypings.

Speaking from personal experience, demonstrative is often used as a silent yet strong internal gauge, that, like Strati says in her description of demonstrative Si of LSI (link), is almost always voiced in application to some external situation and particularly activated around one's dual who often doesn't give it any attention or thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    How is it a 4D function? what is its use?
    It has a large-scale outlook like every other 4D function. It's use it to make up for 1D "vulnerable" Ni.

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Economist View Post
    Often I foresee troubles that will arise and try to plan for them, but others usually think I am planning too much. It's interesting though, because sometimes there are also potential troubles that others who are anxious might plan for, but I just say YOLO and it works out in the end. So, I plan intensively, but only for things that actually need it, even if common sense would suggest I should plan for other things as well. And the things I plan for, others think are silly/overplanning, but in the end, it actually turns out to have been useful. I guess that's the third dimension (situational)? I still don't understand the fourth dimension (time)--the concept of it or how our Ni is 4D.

I don't mean this happens perfectly/all the time (sometimes it turns out I did overplan, or didn't plan for something I should've planned for), but I think this is more the case on average than it is for other people.

E.g., one time I was going to have a professional meeting and I was afraid the person would ask me for a large favor and I wouldn't know how to politely say no (Se PoLR lol), so I asked someone for advice ahead of time. She said she doubted the person would ask for that specific favor, but gave me the exact words to refuse him politely. Lo and behold, it happened...

E.g., I made a mistake booking an Airbnb and was supposed to arrive a night earlier than I had booked, which I realized about a week before arriving. The owner said I could stay there if the room stayed unbooked for that night, but it was kind of iffy whether that would be the case--someone had recently booked it but then canceled, so it was probably a popular listing. I probably should've set up a backup option, but I didn't, and it was fine...

Do you have similar experiences, @Shaebette?

I will say though, I don't feel like my Ni is comparable in accuracy to that of Ni egos, even those with only creative Ni. The linear progression of Ni is diluted by my creative Ne, which never lets me be confident that one particular path is the one that will occur.
    I HAVE had similar experiences! @Economist
    Okay this might be a long shot but I think it might be related to demonstrative Ni. I tend to find myself 'lucky'. I do things that people might naturally not get away with, but everything turns out fine in the end because I 'subconsciously' could tell the end result and save myself or alter the situation in my favour.
    For example, I'll use up a lot of money that was given to me to use in probably a month (really excessively) on drinking and going out, but subconsciously will have already thought of a way out and exactly how and when I'll get the money. And after I've used up all of it and find myself in a tight spot, I "magically" get it.
    Or like, In school, I'll miss most of the lessons and not really pay attention to what's going on in class and instead spend time doing other things. But I always get myself together right before the tests, get all my content ready and actually do the tests well and ace them. My friends have always commented on that and how it's almost impossible to do what I do.
    That's a pretty farfetched example but... Things appear to get settled magically and I'm guessing that's demonstrative Ni? What do you think @Economist?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    EII 9w1 so/sx
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaebette View Post
    I HAVE had similar experiences! @Economist
    Okay this might be a long shot but I think it might be related to demonstrative Ni. I tend to find myself 'lucky'. I do things that people might naturally not get away with, but everything turns out fine in the end because I 'subconsciously' could tell the end result and save myself or alter the situation in my favour.
    For example, I'll use up a lot of money that was given to me to use in probably a month (really excessively) on drinking and going out, but subconsciously will have already thought of a way out and exactly how and when I'll get the money. And after I've used up all of it and find myself in a tight spot, I "magically" get it.
    Or like, In school, I'll miss most of the lessons and not really pay attention to what's going on in class and instead spend time doing other things. But I always get myself together right before the tests, get all my content ready and actually do the tests well and ace them. My friends have always commented on that and how it's almost impossible to do what I do.
    That's a pretty farfetched example but... Things appear to get settled magically and I'm guessing that's demonstrative Ni? What do you think @Economist?
    I think that's exactly it. I actually have similar experiences with things related to money and studying somehow just working out. It's kind of weird how subconscious it is though. If you asked me at the time, I wouldn't be able to tell you how I will end up getting the money later.
    @Medusa, any thoughts on how your 4D Ni works differently from our 4D Ni? Does what @Shaebette and I have come up with sound like what unvalued 4D Ni should be?

Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know how much this can be applied to most EII. My demonstrative Ni often makes me look like the crow of bad omens. All that the people before said, but in the most intuitive way possible. Maybe this is "helped" by the fact I spend my time studying occult systems and para-normal ideas, my Ni is very often ranking higher than Fi and Ne too. When I act it out anyway, it just looks like what Bertrand and Silke said, a sort of " memory of the collective consciousness" to which I'll apply my very Fi observations... and that probably brings people to describe EII as cutting down the fun, as soon as we enter a room. Lol

TIM
    EII 4w3 Sx/sp
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Ni demonstrative

How does this manifest in everyday situations?

C-EII-INFj 4w3 Sx/sp 479

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    78 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In EII: "aha" moments. Knowing something is about to happen. Avoidance problems (or rather, they're very good at dodging stuff).

In LII: Very well developed imagination. Understanding of the currents of time. Good observational capabilities.

Since it's demonstrative (not a valued function) neither takes them very seriously.