Thread: I might be SLE afterall

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I might be SLE afterall

My SLE brother thinks I'm SLE and I still find it hard to relate to most LSIs. Ask me anything.

Some recent pics to VI
    19510202_1457571597664253_2087545823164196912_n.jpg19424223_1457571864330893_1741065469352081215_n.jpg19511322_1457571867664226_4347896712010798752_n.jpg19429970_1457571600997586_1340182718707106494_n.jpg

Tell me about yourself.
    *Musical, physical, secretly emotional

What do you study or do for a living? How did you come to do that? What do you like or dislike about it.
    *I study cluster B personality disorders (using google) because I've known a few. I work in retail and HATE it.

What are your values, and why
    *I value freedom because I've felt trapped/controlled before

What else do you do on a daily basis? What are your interests and hobbies? Why do you do them?
    *I work and come home and repeat the next morning. I love fitness and music, playing guitar. Both energize me. I still love the pole but haven't been on one in ages, it also energizes me.

Describe your relations with family and friends. What do you like and dislike about them?
    *My family is fucked up but I love them. I get along with some and not others. I dislike the the dysfunction, but I like their humor.

What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    *I look for folks that don't judge me or try to change me, I look for those who I feel I can let my guard down around.

What conflicts have you encountered recently with other people? Why did they happen? Which kinds seem to happen on a regular basis?
    *People like me at first but when they get to know better they go cold and avoid me, I think it has to do with my lack of Fi/Fe. Girls at work cant stand me but they were nice to me at first. Oh well, fuckem.

How would your friends describe you?
    *No-nonsense, miss fix-it, funny, strong, hot-headed

What do people generally see as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    *No matter what bad luck I have I always come out stronger and I've been through a lot of tough situations. I love that about myself, most people would have crumbled long ago in my shoes.

What are your weaknesses? What criticism do you often face from others? What do you dislike about yourself?
    *I'm not smooth with people. I don't tell people what they want to hear, my mouth gets me in a lot trouble lol. My dad tells me I blast people too much but I disagree, he doesn't know how to call out bullshitters like I do. I dislike that I can't tell how I come off to others.

In what areas of life can you manage well on your own? In what areas of your life would you like help?
    ​*Most things I manage well (by the skin of my teeth). I take on a lot tho because I rely entirely on myself for everything. Sometimes I wish I could just take a break, tell my feelings to someone and just cry and feel better. But I can't because I hate feeling vulnerable. Sometimes I wish someone could do my paperwork and finances for me because I'm severely dyslexic.

What things do you find to be a chore? What things do you enjoy more than others?
    *Paperwork! > I enjoy cleaning and running errands, it makes me feel like I'm getting shit done even tho I'm just another rat in the rat race going no where in life.

What goals, aspirations, or plans do you have for the future? How did you come to have them?
    *Go back to pole dancing, go to beauty school, cut hair and dance on the side, form a rock band or just have my solo stuff professionally recorded and release them online. I'm just good at cutting hair, dancing is how I fund my life and keep my freedom, and being on stage gives me fulfillment I've never found anywhere else, it gives me a high and a rush that no drug has come close to, I'm addicted to entertaining and being hypnotized by music and feeding off the crowd.

If you had enough money to live comfortably for the rest of your life without working, what would you do with your time?
    *Create a home music studio and live in it. Travel.

What traits do you find endearing that others might dislike? What traits are considered positive/neutral by others but tend to annoy you?
    *I'm stumped with this one. I'm annoyed by gross mouth sounds like eating while other seem not to notice.

What kinds of things do you do to manage and/or beautify your environment (your room, your house, etc.)? What do you think of daily chores?
    *For the first time I bought some wall art from a thrift store, and bought matching bedding. It was nice at first but now I'm indifferent. What's the big deal anyway, it's just a box I sleep in if you think about it. Now I'm wondering if I wasted a bunch of money.

How do you behave around strangers?
    *Indifferent, neutral. Unless I want attention/human connection, then I will strike up a conversation.

How do you react to conflict? What do you do if somebody insults or attacks you?
    *I fight back, stand my ground. Throw a handcrafted burn at them. Make them look dumb in front of everyone.

What is one common misconception that people have? Explain why it is wrong.
    *Pffffttt. Idunno.

What did you do last Friday?
    *Got paid, went shopping.

What is your biggest accomplishment?
    *Losing weight. Taking up stripping. Drove across the US many, many times. Reinvented myself many times.

What is something you regret?
    I regret not standing up to my family when I was really young but I didn't know better and I was brainwashed.

Who do you admire, and why?
    *The women of the UFC, because they're fucking badasess!

What's been on your mind? Has anything been worrying or concerning you? What problems have you encountered lately?
    *My EIE little brother wants to try to join the military again after being rejected for health issues and I don't want him to because what if he dies in a war?

What are your religious or spiritual beliefs and why do you hold them?
    *They come and go and I'm not to attached. I was raised xtian and hated it so I'm pretty turned off by religion. I like some spiritual stuff like the law of attraction and my favorite greek goddess is Athena. I live by Aleister Crowely's famous line "Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

What are your political beliefs, and why? To what extent do you care about politics?
    *Libertarian. I think drugs, prostitution, and abortion should be legal. If someone wants to do drugs let them, if someone can't find someone who will fuck them for free let them pay for it, or if they just love hookers. If a women doesn't want to be a mom let her terminate the pregnancy. Live and let live.

Would you ever be interested in starting a business? Why or why not? What role would you play in it? What kind of business would it be?
    *I have no idea. I view starting a band as starting a business.

What kind of work environment do you prefer? What do you look for in a job?
    *​Strip club. All other environments have been hell for me. I look for money and freedom.

What is or was your favorite school subject and why?
    *Gym class, recess, and lunch. I didn't know I was dyslexic and had ADHD. School was rough for me.

How do you approach responsibility? What do you tend to expect of others?
    *It's hard to say. I don't have a boyfriend or my own family so I'm not expecting much from others, I just do my own thing and let others do theirs. I get along with my roommates and we all pull our own weight. I expect my roommies to never ever touch my shit or eat my food or leave messes. That's about it. I do the same in return.

Where did you go on your most recent vacation? What did you do there? How did you like it and why?
    *I took a day trip to Sedon, AZ. Explored the tourist area, went to the vortex temple, ate some bombass tacos. Got stuck in a 5 hour traffic jam on the way back tho, that part sucked.

What were you like as a kid? How have you changed since you were a child?
    *I was more affectionate, more trusting, more happy-go-lucky. I was sweeter. I changed by seeing my family fall apart and becoming the scapegoat.

What was your high school experience like?
    *I was homeschooled by my basketcase mother. It was a living nightmare. I tried to kill myself twice.

Talk about a significant event from your life.
    *Age 22 I went to a trade school for audio engineering. The happiest time of my life and met the coolest fucking people ever.

Do you like kids? Why or why not?
    *No. At least, not most but I think the parents are to blame for raising shitheads. I don't mind kids who have some manners and respect for other peoples' boundaries.

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    *I would prepare them for the REAL world, not an ideal fantasy. There are no safe spaces and you just have to face to world as it really is and not how it should be. I would teach them self defense, survival, and gun safety. I would teach them personal boundaries and how to stand up to others. I would teach them they can be whatever the fuck they want if they work their asses off. I would also love them and my home could be their refuge. They could cry in front of me because they could be safe around me, I'm protective.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    *OHMYGOD all the fucking time! The cause? Piss poor planning. I cry then take action.

How do you see other people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    *I think people are being what they are, humans. The problems we have have always been here, and are always going to be here. We are animals driven to survive. One problem is we have become way too domesticated but our animal instincts are still their and we don't know what to do with all that primal energy. We need to be more wild, not kept in the rat race.

What do you do if you're not getting what you want? What approach do you use?
    *I keep trying. I make things happen somehow and I don't even know how that is because I should have given up already lol

Are you comfortable taking leadership roles? In what areas? Why or why not?
    *No. Too much responsibility.

How often do you get angry? What kinds of things make you angry?
    *I have a bit of road rage, so it's a daily thing. Rude customers.

What is the best thing that happened to you during the past week?
    *I bought all new make-up after having lost all my make-up, clothes, and jewelry 4 months ago in a robbery. It felt great to look hot once again and get better treatment!

What is the worst thing that happened to you during the past week?
    *Finding out our sale day at work is on July 4th! I hate sale days! And we have a to open an hour earlier.

What is the purpose of life? What do you find personally meaningful in life?
    *I don't know what it is. I just popped into this world without any say so in the matter and now I'm stuck here for awhile trying to create some meaning. So far the only meaning to me is pleasure and money.

What is the most interesting place you have been, and why?
    *I've been all over but it hasn't been too incredibly interesting to me. I guess where I live now is interesting because it's not too uncommon to spot famous people.

How do you dress or manage your appearance?
    *I've gone back and forth between bombshell and homeless looking. These days it's all about looking hot.

Do you like surprises?
    *Sure!

Is there anything else important about you that we should know?
    *Idunno! Just ask!
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I personally think keeping one's own type an open question is a good thing and life is a journey such that we often surprise ourselves but its a good thing because we move forward by being wiling to stay honest to potentially having been in error

anyway I don't have anything to add except that I think its pride that keeps people from developing and rigidly adhering to type without room for change is often a manifestation of that, so I applaud posts like these

also some people just know their type and that's ok too, so im not suggesting anyone in particular is bad, just that I feel like theres an onus to bouncing around like maybe you know less because you're not certain, but I feel like the more I know the more uncertain I become

TIM
    LIE
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE- LSI
    result oriented- process oriented
    yielding- obstinate
    farsighted- carefree
    negativist -positivist
    strategist- tactical
    constructive- emotive
    ----------
    you sound LSI

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Defs lots of Se in you but you still V.I. to me as an introvert (also the way you speak, IIRC from google hangouts way back and a few of your videos).

Also I get that your ethics are maybe weaker than average as you've mentioned, but I just don't think you're an Fi polr like I am. For example, I would have difficulty saying something honestly and frankly like this:

"What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    *I look for folks that don't judge me or try to change me, I look for those who I feel I can let my guard down around."

I do think that it's probably close between the two for you though. If you don't fit all of the LSI stereotypes/requirements to a T, it's not a big deal.

@Bertrand
    Amen.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Se-LSI > Se>ESI.
    We're different but I relate to more of what you said than I expected.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Also I get that your ethics are maybe weaker than average as you've mentioned, but I just don't think you're an Fi polr like I am. For example, I would have difficulty saying something honestly and frankly like this:

"What do you look for in friends? In romantic relationships?
    *I look for folks that don't judge me or try to change me, I look for those who I feel I can let my guard down around."
    I also wanted to add that it would be difficult for me to even pinpoint these sentiments like this in the first place. Nevermind expressing them, though that could also be tough.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

You VI like Eminem : ). Se creative, LSI most likely. That said, sometimes ime ESI-Se can come off even more like SLE's than LSI's do.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I've dated two LSI's and I know a third LSI whom you physically resemble, and you guys all are on the same wavelength. The way you put sentences together, the way you think, what you think, the way you approach life, everything. It is absolutely amazing to me that different people can be so similar.

I talk to the LSI woman whom you physically resemble every week, and reading your posts is like hearing her voice. She has a Harley (it's her baby, she says), and her husband died last year, but she showed me a picture of him and he looked much more like an EIE than an IEI. She told me he was the love of her life. She's always on her phone (introverted), and she likes to watch storm clouds when it is going to rain. She has also told me that she can't stand lying. If someone lies to her even once, they are all done. This is something that I take as a fundamental characteristic of LSI's. I'm pretty sure you've said that about lying, too, @Pole.

I like her (but not romantically) because she's sensible, direct, logical, and no nonsense, and I think she likes me in a way that she's keeping her options open (we once spent a half-hour watching storm clouds, and since then, she's been friendlier). In the sense that I find her easy to talk to, she resembles an ESI. @lungs said that she could relate to many of your answers. I look at LSI's as being half-duals to me, and frankly, I get more half-dual vibes from you than I do Benefactor vibes, which I get from SLE's.

I'd say you are LSI, if anyone asked my opinion.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also wanted to add that it would be difficult for me to even pinpoint these sentiments like this in the first place. Nevermind expressing them, though that could also be tough.
    Not quite sure I understand.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Adam Strange
    You know the LSI type pretty well, I think you know what you are talking about.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    You VI like Eminem : ). Se creative, LSI most likely. That said, sometimes ime ESI-Se can come off even more like SLE's than LSI's do.
    LOL. I've lost count of how many times I've been compared to Eminem. He happens to be one of my idols.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    Se-LSI > Se>ESI.
    We're different but I relate to more of what you said than I expected.
    Do tell.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pole View Post
    Do tell.
    I'd say this stuff differently because I overthink my responses to these questions but I went thru and this is the stuff I related to. You're a lot more direct and physical than I am. Because of Se subtype I think.

*I look for folks that don't judge me or try to change me, I look for those who I feel I can let my guard down around.

*No matter what bad luck I have I always come out stronger and I've been through a lot of tough situations. I love that about myself, most people would have crumbled long ago in my shoes.

​*Most things I manage well (by the skin of my teeth). I take on a lot tho because I rely entirely on myself for everything.

*I enjoy cleaning and running errands, it makes me feel like I'm getting shit done even tho I'm just another rat in the rat race going no where in life.

The thing about standing up to family... My biggest regrets also have to do with going along with other people even if I was older and not brainwashed.

I also feel like leadership is too much responsibility. But I'd probably take it if it was offered for the money.
    I was also the scapegoat in my family.

*I keep trying. I make things happen somehow and I don't even know how that is

*I've gone back and forth between bombshell and homeless looking.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post
    I'd say this stuff differently because I overthink my responses to these questions but I went thru and this is the stuff I related to. You're a lot more direct and physical than I am. Because of Se subtype I think.

​*Most things I manage well (by the skin of my teeth). I take on a lot tho because I rely entirely on myself for everything.

*I enjoy cleaning and running errands, it makes me feel like I'm getting shit done even tho I'm just another rat in the rat race going no where in life.

The thing about standing up to family... My biggest regrets also have to do with going along with other people even if I was older and not brainwashed.

I also feel like leadership is too much responsibility. But I'd probably take it if it was offered for the money.
    I was also the scapegoat in my family.

*I keep trying. I make things happen somehow and I don't even know how that is

*I've gone back and forth between bombshell and homeless looking.
    *high fives*
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

strainingtobehappy happytobestraining's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Pole Did you relate to Satan last night on such a deep level that he convinced you that you are SLE rather than LSI?
    The above sentence is so odd. I think while writing I am very verbose.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happytobestraining View Post
    @Pole Did you relate to Satan last night on such a deep level that he convinced you that you are SLE rather than LSI?
    The above sentence is so odd. I think while writing I am very verbose.
    Haha no, my first impression of him was EIE-Fe.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

strainingtobehappy happytobestraining's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-Ni
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha no, my first impression of him was EIE-Fe.
    Oh yes. I must have forgotten. I think you mentioned that after hearing his monologue. I was thinking something similar after hearing it. I asked him if he has ever been typed EIE and he said no. Perhaps you and I ride the same pole

I mean wavelength.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by happytobestraining View Post
    Oh yes. I must have forgotten. I think you mentioned that after hearing his monologue. I was thinking something similar after hearing it. I asked him if he has ever been typed EIE and he said no. Perhaps you and I ride the same pole

I mean wavelength.
    I'm not saying he is mistyped and not SLE at all, I just got a very theatrical, dramatic impression of him, but that was the whole point of his little speech.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Not quite sure I understand.
    Fi is involved with identifying personal sentiments such as the one you mentioned in what I quoted from you. I was elaborating on what I originally said re: Fi polr.

I meant to explain the extent that I would have difficulty seeing you as an Fi polr like myself.

Also your needing clarification of the context of my post here is further indication of Ne polr.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fi is involved with identifying personal sentiments such as the one you mentioned in what I quoted from you. I was elaborating on what I originally said re: Fi polr.

I meant to explain the extent that I would have difficulty seeing you as an Fi polr like myself.

Also your needing clarification of the context of my post here is further indication of Ne polr.
    Got it.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say process has stood out to me (from Reinin); are you appalled by non-beta type? A delta st did cross my mind, but i've only read a few posts.

TIM
    SLE-H 8w9 SX
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    I'd say process has stood out to me (from Reinin); are you appalled by non-beta type? A delta st did cross my mind, but i've only read a few posts.
    I wish an "unconstructive" button existed for posts like this.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@niffer: do not address me.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

@Pole I could understand why you might think are SLE over LSI. To me you seem to lean more towards the rebellious and chaotic side of things, which would appear to be contrary towards LSI's stereotypical desire for order and control. I also tend to think of LSIs as being notoriously critical and nitpicky, while you on other hand seem more open and go with the flow.

I am not certain enough to make firm judgement of whether or not you are LSI, SLE or something else, but I do think the above is worth addressing for those saying LSI.
    Last edited by Muddy; 06-27-2017 at 07:22 AM.

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Would you mind elaborating?
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

TIM
    LSI-Se
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy View Post
    @Pole I could understand why you might think are SLE over LSI. To me you seem to lean more towards the rebellious and chaotic side of things, which would appear to contrary towards LSI's stereotypical desire for order and control. I also tend to think of LSIs as being notoriously critical and nitpicky, while you on other hand seem more open and go with the flow.

I am not certain enough to make firm judgement of whether or not you are LSI, SLE or something else, but I do think the above is worth addressing for those saying LSI.
    These thoughts are what made me make this thread, the differences between me and other LSIs.
    LSI-Se 836 Sp/Sx

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Honestly it seems that your logic (Ti) sweeps (Se) across the board of vicinity. LSI.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do still prefer SLE at this point - you seem very freewheeling, with little rigidity, cynicism, or inclination to impose a system or idea of "how things should be". You also seem to be comfortable attracting attention to yourself, although I know you have disputed that this reflects your real-life behavior.

TIM
    ILI - C
    Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE - Ti

Just my 2 cents.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Punch me

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    I don't know you well enough to be sure, and you know yourself the best, but yeah I was thinking you were actually SLE. The reason why is because I believe rational/irrational is a bigger difference between LSI and SLE than being introverted or extroverted in the everyday sense of the word. Being socially outgoing or whatever depends a lot on circumstance, upbringing and environment etc, and E/I is really deeper than that. So typing someone as LSI-Se because they seem Se-ish but introverted is not really the best thing to do, because the real difference is you attitude to order and how you live your life in general. If you are kinda laid back and take things as they come you are not LSI, not even LSI-Se. LSI is the #1 orderly type, if you are disorganized, or just not someone that cares about rules or hierarchicsl orgsnizations in general you aren't LSI. The same way, if you got straight As in school and make pland regularly and make sure to structure things in your life you are not SLE, even if you are extroverted and between these types this still makes a person LSI IMO. So yeah to sum up you vibe more like SLE to me. I bet @Myst has something to say about this and a different perspective than me
    I totally agree, except I would attribute these behaviors to higher Ti and Si (or +Ti being the leading function) instead of rationality.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    whereas the SLEs don't really care as much, they are more driven by desires and impulses and if the Ti get's in the way they will put it aside
    What do you mean by this? I see the creative as the support or implementation of the base, why and how would Ti be getting in the way for SLEs?

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mm, procedure and strategy is Te rather than Ti.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

i think Viktor is describing demonstrative Te basically. Ti creative with a Pe goal pretty much means using subjective logic in order to push, which implicates a form of powerful subconscious Te. the real question to me is where is the base motivation found? Fe as criterion for self evaluation in the form of self esteem?

Its interesting because I've long thought of Te and Fe not being that different in their ultimate goals, and it seems to me demonstrative Te is how Fe can employ Te indirectly when Fe is ineffective under the circumstances, but it goes through a transformational process where the directive is passed through a team in order to make that happen.

In a similar way demonstrative Ti starts with a Te goal in mind and develops the subjective logic in the process of meeting the goal. Fi types can inspire the Te creative with the base motivation and in doing so their Fi directive can culminate in a form of subjective logic that takes the Fi directive and makes a logical statement out of it. I think this is how we develop a lot of legal doctrine, by dealing with Fi/Te issues (that start out bound by time and space--a specific ethical transaction of events occur, a crime, if you will) and ultimately abstract out a series of rules that can apply more generally

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    i think Viktor is describing demonstrative Te basically. Ti creative with a Pe goal pretty much means using subjective logic in order to push, which implicates a form of powerful subconscious Te. the real question to me is where is the base motivation found? Fe as criterion for self evaluation in the form of self esteem?

Its interesting because I've long thought of Te and Fe not being that different in their ultimate goals, and it seems to me demonstrative Te is how Fe can employ Te indirectly when Fe is ineffective under the circumstances, but it goes through a transformational process where the directive is passed through a team in order to make that happen.

In a similar way demonstrative Ti starts with a Te goal in mind and develops the subjective logic in the process of meeting the goal. Fi types can inspire the Te creative with the base motivation and in doing so their Fi directive can culminate in a form of subjective logic that takes the Fi directive and makes a logical statement out of it. I think this is how we derive a lot of legal doctrine, by dealing with Fi/Te issues and ultimately abstract out a series of rules that can apply more generally
    The problem with his example is that LSIs are tactical and Te ignoring. SLEs are strategic and Te demonstrative. SLEs however are result and have better Ne than LSIs and those factors help with on-the-fly adjustments - so there's that.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think of Si demonstrative in the - as leveraging pain, so LSI just employs on the spot corrections via physical intervention in order to enforce structural logic. So instead of developing the logical side creatively in the moment, which implicates a certain "logic on the case" in order to punch through, you make a literal punch through which obviates the need for on the spot reasoning in the abstract sense... everything was prepared beforehand with 4D ti, such that when the moment is upon LSI Ne and Te are somewhat irrelevant, except when in cases they're not and the pain gets turned back on them via the painful function (and to a lesser extent ignoring, which is a kind of mini-pain)

this sort of goes to rationality and being on rails and preparing before hand, aka a kind of planning (even if not consciously thought of as such). the tactics come out when bounded in small sets of time, but words sort of fail in the sense that LSI is also strategic in his own way. That's one problem I have with reinin dichotomies is they really run up against the limits of language. "strategy" and "tactics" are bound up so closely it takes such a nuanced understanding to see how reinin specifically uses them as terms of art. In other words, a flexible maneuvering SLE is "strategic" but only in the terms we've set forth. in his own way EP is extremely tactical, by colloquial usage, for their own failure to plan and their reliance on exigent circumstances to set the stage to which they react, which could be said to itself be either a "strategy" or when the moment is upon them they resort to "tactics" in the form of certain Ti constructions: "if I do this-->this will happen" and so forth. If this is blurry then I made my point!

you could say the strategy or tactics term pertains specifically to their creative use, which does not transcend the time axis, once you take the ego as a whole, you can easily collapse the distinction because of how base functions essentially invert the tactics/strategy distinction (or to put it another way, balance them), which is why a sufficiently strong creative subtype starts to become so incredibly ambiguous, because the coordinates assigned to pull apart the ego never really get off the ground. words like "tactics/strategy" obfuscate the issue to me, I wish reinin had just made up new words or something
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-09-2017 at 03:22 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to add that Viktor's example can apply irl, but not for the reasons stated. Not because of following a strategy or procedure (Te.)

Ti puts everything in order knowing how each thing relates to each other within a system - for example with socionics knowing which parts relate to what in each type etc. This also can apply to people, finding a place within a system. So within a military system an LSI given orders to follow might not deviate from them because it's "not their place" and so perhaps wouldn't attack in the situation Viktor mentioned, whereas the SLE would find a way to ah creatively work with the system in order to fulfill the Se agenda. But this doesn't have anything to do with Te procedures or anything of that sort.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

yeah I think that goes to Ne and Se as flexible maneuvering and the willingness to subordinate the system to the goal via "secondary" (Ne) methods, i.e.: to use one's imagination to devise a way to "go around" the rules, while still keeping them in mind in order to structure a solution that doesn't totally undermine the system but hopefully serves it, just not in a linear primary (Ti+Se) fashion.. more like it keeps the primary goal in mind but does not proceed in a rational linear fashion but devises a roundabout way to the goal

i think, in Aion, where Jung describes the recursive undulating structure of intuition itself he's sort of describing this, where you subordinate the system while at the same time serving it via imagination, which is how things develop in time. otherwise they stop dead.. 4d Ti has its own version of this where it does so rationally so its not totally stilled, but its also not nearly as imaginative as say ILE
    Last edited by Bertrand; 11-09-2017 at 03:37 AM.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dunno, based on what you say we kinda have the opposite yet similar issues. So I wonder if we are in the same 'quadra' or whatever but that's dorky. Either way, you sound like a cool person.

Rude customers never bothered me, I just laughed at them for how pathetic they were. It was funny as hell to me how they blew their lid over the pettiest things. Hateful blonde soccer maams trying to get me fired but always failed lmao. Their cruelty didn't phase me. High school/middle school was different though, that was hell. I was bullied way too much but brought it on myself a lot. (I don't think school as an institution should even exist, we should instead just prepare kids for the real/work world right away because grade school was useless to me, just nothing but pain and the educational stuff I coulda learned on my own. If I was intellectually curious about something, I just asked my dad to buy me a book about it anyway.) The sad part is, I cared and let it hurt me but hey I'm only human. So I can teach you to laugh off rude customers and you can teach me to stand up to bullies with beta bad-assery. =D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast