Thread: Fi mobilizing - the noble motive, left unspoken?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Fi mobilizing - the noble motive, left unspoken?

The title is probably too poetic but I was trying to find a proper wording.

This seems to be a feat of ILI and SLI as I intuitively observed it, hence it's still a bit vague. Is it just me or do they often fail to express/refuse to reveal some high-minded principle of theirs, ending up misunderstood?

If that is the case, do you know some concrete examples or socionical explanations? Discuss.

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Personally, I just don't care what people think about my morals or want their attention or approval/disapproval. For example, there was this guy that pulled somebody out of a bad car wreck before they burned to death or something. He just happened to be there when it happened and wanted to help. But he didn't want attention for it, so he immediately left once the person was okay.

Of course, the news media saw gold and tracked this guy down. But he was annoyed and told them to go away; he didn't want all that. I tend to think the same way. If I believe something is right, then I'll act because I want to, not because I care to be rewarded or appraised. Even being hated doesn't make much difference to me because it's not going to change how I feel. Maybe all those things matter more to Ti or something.

Edit: I could see being an anonymous donner to maybe be Fi mobilizing or something too.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post
    Personally, I just don't care what people think about my morals or want their attention or approval/disapproval. For example, there was this guy that pulled somebody out of a bad car wreck before they burned to death or something. He just happened to be there when it happened and wanted to help. But he didn't want attention for it, so he immediately left once the person was okay.

Of course, the news media saw gold and tracked this guy down. But he was annoyed and told them to go away; he didn't want all that. I tend to think the same way. If I believe something is right, then I'll act because I want to, not because I care to be rewarded or appraised. Even being hated doesn't make much difference to me because it's not going to change how I feel. Maybe all those things matter more to Ti or something.

Edit: I could see being an anonymous donner to maybe be Fi mobilizing or something too.
    Yeah perfect examples actually! Thanks a lot.

What I also noticed here was that reward/appraisal/dramatic (media) attention/being hated is all related to how is rejected in the process over personal sentiment that won't change just for the sake of others. Or in other words, public credit for heroism, again .

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strangeling View Post

I agree with this being typical of Fi mobilizing / Fe vulnerable types. Looking for attention has to do with Se too though.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Looking for attention has to do with Se too though.
    Ahhh! Yes! That also makes sense. It would have to be suggested in ILI, and it's ignored in the SLI. So our car example by @strangeling was maybe more of an SLI case. An ILI in his stead could have felt compelled by the media intrusion.

TIM
    SLI
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Ahhh! Yes! That also makes sense. It would have to be suggested in ILI, and it's ignored in the SLI. So our car example by @strangeling was maybe more of an SLI case. An ILI in his stead could have felt compelled by the media intrusion.
    I think the distinction between and in terms of attention is that is more concerned with how they come across to others while is more interested in being considered important.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AbZero View Post
    I think the distinction between and in terms of attention is that is more concerned with how they come across to others while is more interested in being considered important.
    Yeah