Thread: Type the noob

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Type the noob

--
    Last edited by croww; 04-02-2024 at 04:54 PM.

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

An LII attitude and an ILI temperament huh?

What do you think of SEEs and ESEs? Do you get along great with one and clash with the other?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you are LII 9w1, i feel the same for temperament, recognizing myself in Ixxp with the emphasis on inertia/laziness (though i don't have the smooth body language which characterizes them, what about you ?) but it's because of being enneagram 9 i think
    Last edited by Shining; 03-06-2017 at 08:31 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Syynth View Post
    An LII attitude and an ILI temperament huh?

What do you think of SEEs and ESEs? Do you get along great with one and clash with the other?
    I used to clash with both. When I was younger, like until 14, I was really critical of ESEs and Fe values. Now that we've both matured I can decently get along with them. On the other hand, I still can't understand SEEs. There are a few that make me cringe as they try to speak.
    That would mean I am an Alpha, I guess. But it's still weird to see myself as an LII. I know how they're described as even "robotic" at times in their posture and speech, while I don't. I wouldn't really define my speech as unemotional. There are a lot of pauses to find the right words, corrections, changes in pitch, speed and volume.
    (And for this one I'm sorry I can't make a video)

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha quadra; LII is more than likely correct. I was also thinking about ILE as your focus on Te seems stronger than your Ti, but you also describe yourself as low-energy.
    Last edited by Jake; 03-06-2017 at 01:36 PM.

TIM
    INTj-Ti
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by croww View Post
    I used to clash with both. When I was younger, like until 14, I was really critical of ESEs and Fe values. Now that we've both matured I can decently get along with them. On the other hand, I still can't understand SEEs. There are a few that make me cringe as they try to speak.
    That would mean I am an Alpha, I guess. But it's still weird to see myself as an LII. I know how they're described as even "robotic" at times in their posture and speech, while I don't. I wouldn't really define my speech as unemotional. There are a lot of pauses to find the right words, corrections, changes in pitch, speed and volume.
    (And for this one I'm sorry I can't make a video)
    You are definitely an alpha NT. Most likely an LII-Ne. They are more emotional and less strict than the other subtype. Another possibility is ILE-Ti, but you don't seem extroverted enough to me.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just FYI, I've found that younger people such as yourself have a lot harder time typing themselves then older people. I takes some getting out into the world to really figure out the kind of things you can and can't tolerate, and what sort of people you do and don't mesh with.

My advice, don't pay that much attention to all the things like, "Am I a phlegmatic type or a choleric type" and what not. Instead I would recommend starting out by reading about the information elements and the philosophies behind them, such as here:

http://worldsocionics.blogspot.com/2...rceptions.html

http://worldsocionics.blogspot.com/2...judgments.html

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also agree that LII is more likely than ILI.

One thing you mentioned was that you like a bubbly sort of cleverness in others. This is the Fe suggestive function for LII. ILI would probably dislike this since Fe is their vulnerable function.
    Also you mentioned dislike of harshness. Again this is more common with LII types who have Se vulnerable function.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

LII
    Let's just say: very rational analysis. Emphasis on introverted qualities. Lots of insecurities when it comes to suggestive IME.

I think I have seen plenty LII-Ne just like you. Do you have social phobias? One can spot them in natural science and mathematics departments.
    There is a sort of bubbly cleverness that I noticed is highly disliked by my peers and that I really love.
    ILIs...
    Last edited by The Reality Denialist; 03-06-2017 at 09:42 PM.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by unsuccessfull Alphamale View Post
    LII
    Let's just say: very rational analysis. Emphasis on introverted qualities. Lots of insecurities when it comes to suggestive IME.

I think I have seen plenty LII-Ne just like you. Do you have social phobias? One can spot them in natural science and mathematics departments.
    Caught. I do. It kind of skyrocketed during the last months, maybe it's the reason why I feel like I don't value Ne so much.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII, 6w5 9w1 4w5 and SO/SP.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    LII, 6w5 9w1 4w5 and SO/SP.
    I'm not sure about the 4 fix. While I am moody, self-conscious and melancholic, the key points are missing. I don't have the fear of not being able to express myself or not being unique (by contrary, I believe that it's impossible to be unique), I'm not creative, I don't care about beauty.
    It is to say that the typing as a 3 fix may be or may not influenced by stress. But I've always felt like I had to prove to everyone that I was the best in every thing that interested me, even if it meant spending days on low sleep. I do care about the image that others have of me and I have a deep fear of being worthless if I don't. This also meant living by my parents' standards.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm not sure about the 4 fix. While I am moody, self-conscious and melancholic, the key points are missing. I don't have the fear of not being able to express myself or not being unique (by contrary, I believe that it's impossible to be unique), I'm not creative, I don't care about beauty.
    It is to say that the typing as a 3 fix may be or may not influenced by stress. But I've always felt like I had to prove to everyone that I was the best in every thing that interested me, even if it meant spending days on low sleep. I do care about the image that others have of me and I have a deep fear of being worthless if I don't. This also meant living by my parents' standards.
    3 it is!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just for further proof, I thought of posting some photos of me for VI. Since I almost never take selfies and I shun the camera I had to look in the depths of my sd card.
    Who knows, maybe somebody will come with something like "you have a very Fi stare"

Attachment 9891Attachment 9892Attachment 9893Attachment 9894
    Last edited by croww; 03-12-2017 at 12:23 PM.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Just for further proof, I thought of posting some photos of me for VI. Since I almost never take selfies and I shun the camera I had to look in the depths of my sd card.
    Who knows, maybe somebody will come with something like "you have a very Fi stare"

[...Attachments...]
    Can't see your photo's

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Can't see your photo's
    I'm sorry, fixed it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shining View Post
    I think you are LII 9w1, i feel the same for temperament, recognizing myself in Ixxp with the emphasis on inertia/laziness (though i don't have the smooth body language which characterizes them, what about you ?) but it's because of being enneagram 9 i think
    (Sorry for the late reply)
    More than smooth, I'd define it "what the hell am I doing with my body?". I often don't know how am I supposed to stand or place some parts, so I keep on changing position. I can often gesticulate a lot (insert random italian meme here). It's like I had too modes that I keep on switching: rigid and lively.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Sorry for the late reply)
    More than smooth, I'd define it "what the hell am I doing with my body?". I often don't know how am I supposed to stand or place some parts, so I keep on changing position. I can often gesticulate a lot (insert random italian meme here). It's like I had too modes that I keep on switching: rigid and lively.
    Everything you said happens to me a lot, it's actually more an INxj thing than an INxp from what i observed

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

You do!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    You do!
    Interesting, lol.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Interesting, lol.
    It's really soft, gotta love that cuteness
    Based on pictures alone, Fi base, EII > ESI.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little bit of discussing the supposed order of my functions, since I've been analyzing options and getting weird results in tests. I seem to have two moods: either LII-Ne/ILE or IEI-Ni (because everybody wants to be an INFp). Alpha and Beta values are scoring almost the same. Gamma and Delta are absolutely out of discussion- some emotional display, even if hard for myself, is something I absolutely need in relationships. And Fi-Te's coldness really confuses me.
    I have to say that, since I've recently been under extreme stress (lack of sleep, financial and family problems) I've engaged in a slightly more aggressive side of myself I've never known before. Nothing really serious, of course but I'm not the person to snap at an SEE mate for jerking around while I was trying to concentrate, or to snap at people in general.
    HA Si seems weird. The aspects I identify with in MBTI are shifted to other functions: time, memories, the vibe the environment, memories and people give. I don't know if I identify with the health aspect it has in socionics. Of course I can't stand image/health addicts as I find it a very trivial subject, but I don't think it's a crucial aspect in my personality, I neither neglect nor concentrate on it too much- I do what I can to be socially acceptable. I can be a little overstimulated by my physical health, on the other side- I'm the kind of person who is distracted by a stomachache and can't stand any kind of stimuli, whether if external or internal.
    On the other side, even HA Ti seems plausible. I know how people pointed out my logical analysis in the first post, but I actually have a decent story of acting randomly, especially in relationships, following my feelings instead of what I believed to be the most reasonable option (and then trying to logically justify everything while friends were pointing out how I was being illogical).

When reasoning, I usually start from my own supposed conclusions. If everything ticks, I should be able to get back to the premises even by doubting everything. I try to verify every way I could be wrong until I have no doubts. The only example I have for this is Descartes's philosophy (which is ironically typed as LII, even if this seems to be a Ni way of reasoning according to the sources).

I'm struggling to correctly position the Fe in my stacking (could either be Creative really poorly developed, Suggesting or Mobilizing) and why I seem to score so high on Ni. I still do have some doubt about the Ti base- I don't see myself as that much logically principled, although at this point I could be wrong.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little bit of discussing the supposed order of my functions, since I've been analyzing options and getting weird results in tests. I seem to have two moods: either LII-Ne/ILE or IEI-Ni (because everybody wants to be an INFp). Alpha and Beta values are scoring almost the same. Gamma and Delta are absolutely out of discussion- some emotional display, even if hard for myself, is something I absolutely need in relationships. And Fi-Te's coldness really confuses me.
    Tests are just there to give you a rough idea. If you want to go deeper you should make a video questionnaire (preferably with the one in my sig).

edit: oops, thought I already looked at this one, let me take a look...