Thread: Socionics was created by America for the Soviets

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Socionics was created by America for the Soviets

I have no idea either way but a lot of things about it just seem suspicious. For one, Soviet Russians didn't exactly have glam rockers or 50s housewives, and for another thing, it looks suspiciously similar to MBTI in how it's formatted. I read an article a while back saying "the need to put everything into neat categories is characteristically corporate America" although it was just referencing MBTI and not socionics at all. So, discuss.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fun conspiracy question: If America created it, what was the original purpose of introducing this?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Or wait, I can answer this myself: for purposes of collective confusion!

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Fun conspiracy question: If America created it, what was the original purpose of introducing this?
    To get people used to capitalism

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

the need to put everything into neat categories goes back at least to the ancient Greeks (you might say its the cornerstone of western civilization); just sounds like another uninformed conspiracy theory

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    To get people used to capitalism
    If you now manage to connect Socionics -> people and capitalism -> money, this could be a thing.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    the need to put everything into neat categories goes back at least to the ancient Greeks (you might say its the cornerstone of western civilization); just sounds like another uninformed conspiracy theory
    This thread is about having fun, not actual conspiracy

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread is about having fun, not actual conspiracy
    Wut /squints/ Need to metabolize this.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you now manage to connect Socionics -> people and capitalism -> money, this could be a thing.
    Socionics = social economics

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand
    If this is so, why can I be a mixed temperament, but I can't be a mixed sociotype?

bye now
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean it's generally easier to make decisions about other people, if they are simplified into categories. Don't you think? But heh, the outcome of doing so might not be so great. It's like playing your chances, and you might be completely wrong in the end.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Socionics = social economics

If this is so, why can I be a mixed temperament, but I can't be a mixed sociotype?
    i think you can be a mixed sociotype it just depends on what you mean by mixed sociotype... reality is something more than a Ti category, Ti describes things, it doesn't make them what they are. if you understand "mixed sociotype" as something logically possible, i.e.: not a "square circle" then of course you can (in terms of pure possibility) be that. the problem is a lot of Ti types would understand "mixed sociotype" to be, by definition, a contradiction-in-terms, thus impossible on those grounds. If you're coming it from the point of view of Fi, we're all "square circles" if you think about it--that's very much the human condition in a certain sense. Or just coming from perhaps a different individual Ti, such that "mixed sociotype" is coherent. I guess it would be your job to explain such a thing in a way that was convincing however, if you want anyone else to believe it ("why can't I?" really means "why won't other people accept?"). As for you, yourself, the individual, the subjective self, you can of course, and will, understand things in exactly the way you choose to

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    i think you can be a mixed sociotype it just depends on what you mean by mixed sociotype... reality is something more than a Ti category, Ti describes things, it doesn't make them what they are. if you understand "mixed sociotype" as something logically possible, i.e.: not a "square circle" then of course you can (in terms of pure possibility) be that. the problem is a lot of Ti types would understand "mixed sociotype" to be, by definition, a contradiction-in-terms, thus impossible on those grounds. If you're coming it from the point of view of Fi, we're all "square circles" if you think about it--that's very much the human condition in a certain sense
    Sociotypes are defined as not being able to be mixed, and that's what separates it from a lot of other modern typology systems.

In that case, contact-inert might be breaking socionics, since its subtypes are basically other types. Contact-inert will take us back to the old days of the four temperaments and bleeding people with leeches, DCNH or bust.

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sociotypes are defined as not being able to be mixed
    exactly, so if you want them to accept that one could be a mixed sociotype you need to provide psychologically convincing grounds with which to do so. its not impossible, just unlikely. its akin to a paradigm shift. your subjective understanding of sociotypes might indeed allow one to be mixed, even as others reject such a thing. I'm not saying such a thing would be accurate or defensible, but it would be possible. in fact, id say %100 of us hold one indefensible thing or another in our heads that would fall into this category, we just don't realize it yet, so its not as outrageous or stupid as it sounds, in facts its so common its invisible