Retired master of mistype and confusion DeleteMeModsPls's Avatar
    TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Repressing Fi

I realized that I might be repressing Fi in myself in order to "stop acting like a little bitch". Do you guys have any ideas for giving it more love? I basically tried to become more Ti focused (and of course failed miserably).

It might turn into a more general discussion if you guys have experiences like this with some of your other functions.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneser View Post
    I realized that I might be repressing Fi in myself in order to "stop acting like a little bitch". Do you guys have any ideas for giving it more love? I basically tried to become more Ti focused (and of course failed miserably).

It might turn into a more general discussion if you guys have experiences like this with some of your other functions.
    I have an EII-INFj friend that said this from his blog:

"Are words everything? I briefly googled some suggestions, and there was a recommendation about not labeling oneself negatively. For example, i shouldn’t call myself a*“crybaby” or a*“chicken.” However, that’s exactly how i see myself in many respects. I’m calling it how it is. On the other hand, am I creating a self-fulfilling prophecy? In the end, maybe we are just who we are. The way I see it we can claim a self-fulfilling prophecy or we can choose the other route and simply live in denial neither of which really affects the core of we are"

I don't think you should repress your Fi. Be who you are. That's what makes you unique cuz

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What does acting like a little bitch mean to you, and how do you think others see you?

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^Also want to add that's what I've always done. Once I learned about the functions I would do anything in my power to start doing things that would use Ti and try to conquer the Fi with Ti. I'm slowly destroying myself repressing certain reactions because I'll just get criticized for expressing myself in the first place and I know that won't change around certain people. It might be a good idea to find at least one person you trust to let that Fi leak out.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Koneser View Post

Instead of looking at your Fi as an inconvenience why not accepting it as a tool? It's your creative function and you IEE are supposedly the psychologists of the socion am I right? So learn about people. I don't say learn how to smother them and read their whims, be nice, be friendly bla bla...- I say learn how people work and how to work with people to get the results you want.
    Ever heard of Carnegie's "How to win friends and influence people?" - He sees "Everyone wants to be important" as a universal truth. Make/find your own. Be creative, learn about other cultures and how these cultures influence peoples values.
    Being a "little bitch" is not Fi. That's unresolved issues with your character and being unfriendly and shitty to yourself.
    (As I witnessed it) Fi is: having standards.

As for my own creative function Ni. I also tried to focus more on other function because I did not trust my gut. It went like this:
    Gut: Bro, no. That's a waste of time. It's inefficient and you can do better.
    Or: You know the consequences. You know exactly what will happen.
    Me: Shut up. You have zero proof for that. Trial and Error. Now!
    ...later:
    Gut:Told you so.

I think I had better control over my creative function when I was a child and some time later I lost confidence in myself.

Edit:
    Being nice and friendly isn't wrong - I just wanted to express that these qualities are not universally Fi. Having emotions and self-doubt is also not Fi.
    Learn about yourself. Watch how you react to conflict and ask yourself: why? Why do I feel that way? Which beliefs are responsible for that and are they still valid? You'll have to ask yourself some uncomfortable questions to find out.

I don't mean "work with people" from Fe-perspective. More like: If you understand yourself, you understand others. Hope that makes sense.
    Last edited by Cosmic Teapot; 02-18-2017 at 04:00 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

can't be given love. IS love

Repressing something usually means you're in the wrong environment. How do you help a wilted plant? Instead of throwing it away, you water it and put it in a place of sunlight.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Love

People love my sensitive nature maybe you should too
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Later, we will have auto biographical book of well known writer saying "I was using more Ti in my life at this moment, but I should use Fi and never forget Ni because when the right time come we should feel responsible to blah blah"

Or perhaps in some hip hop lyrics

Don't forget fuckin Ni
    Back up your Si
    or u will get fucked by Fi
    fuck fuck fuck

Mentioned
    486 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Fi is strength, not weakness. Fe on the other hand...

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrand View Post
    Fi is strength, not weakness. Fe on the other hand...
    lol

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depend if Fi is supported by Se or Ne ?

Anyone who doesn't have Se, Te, Fe, and Ne valued as the same time = WEAK

TIM
    SLE.Wait...Shit, EII
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wait, you can take off Ne

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I feel sad about letting down all of you people who responded, but I've had a revelation that I might in fact be IEI, so addressing those suggestions might be irrelevant.
    Anyway, someone with such a problem with their Fi might be interested in reading this so idk, thank you all though.

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best way to not feel like a little bitch is to develop more skills, not repress the ones you have.

Learn how to fight. You wont ever feel like a bitch when you can walk into a room and know you can take more than half the people if shit gets serious.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LIE ENTj
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I don't know much about other people, but if I wanted to use Fi I'd think about something you like. For example, I like music, so I'd think about my favorite song at the time. Listen to it, and think about the best emotional feeling you have had with it. That should be an example of Fi. This should be less physical and more spiritual, because certain things blur the line between Si and Fi.

Another option is to go to someone you are friends with, and discuss things that only you two would be able to discuss pationately. I believe that Fi valuing is appreciating those types of things, the unique little things that bring certain people together.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phrenology

An optimist - does not get discouraged under any circumstances. Life upheavals and stressful events only toughen him and make more confident. He likes to laugh and entertain people. Enters contact with someone by involving him with a humorous remark. His humor is often sly and contain hints and double meanings. Easily enters into arguments and bets, especially if he is challenged. When arguing his points is often ironic, ridicules the views of his opponent. His irritability and hot temper may be unpleasant to others. However, he himself is not perceptive of this and believes that he is simply exchanging opinions.

http://www.wikisocion.net/en/index.php?title=LIE_Profile_by_Gulenko

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Having mentally completely calculating mindset is kind of cool. Isn't it?
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's actually really good advice, thank you Pookie

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    The best way to not feel like a little bitch is to develop more skills, not repress the ones you have.

Learn how to fight. You wont ever feel like a bitch when you can walk into a room and know you can take more than half the people if shit gets serious.
    Ahahahahha

I don't know why chuck noris just came to mind
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, unsuccessful Alphamale, if I get what you're saying then yes, it's one hell of a ride I've even tried to be an ENTP once (ofc failed miserably) I still wonder how you're seeing the world

TIM
    INTJ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maritsa, stap xd