Thread: The three Instinct Mirrors

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The three Instinct Mirrors

I noticed that the Instinct mirrors share many common similarities that makes it more easy to first type at which mirror someone belongs and after that which specific type.

Descriptions:

Sp/So and So/Sp: The good citizens. They both like to obey the law, are polite, not too popular, enjoy a structured life. Not exciting to be around with (Both have Sx last) but they are the most grounded people. These people are very reliable and seem to have an strong internal compass of what is good. Often part of social settings.

Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp: The easygoing hedonists. Both have trouble expressing when someone bothers them, problems with voicing their opinion, choosing rather to leave conflicts or avoid them. (Both have So last) Like to live a quite but comfortable life, with not to many friends or unknowns. Rather taking the the easy road, and avoiding the hard road.

Sx/So and So/Sx: The confronters, these are the people who are sometimes a bit too obtrusive. Quickly obsessed. Highly aware of the people around them, they sometimes see it as their personal task to make sure that everybody is having fun. Can sacrifice themselves for a purpose or others. (Both have Sp last) Often having a winner mentality or fighting spirit.

Any comments are welcome.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I fit the first description the most, followed closely by the second. I'm not completely sure of my stacking but It's most likely one of the SX last ones.

Sp/So and So/Sp:
    *The good citizens. -- Very
    *They both like to obey the law -- Depends. I like to obey the law when it makes sense, otherwise no.
    *Are polite-- most of the time, although if someone is rude to me, I'll most likely be rude back
    *Not too popular-- true. I'm not particularly loved or hated by most people. Just kind of there.
    *Enjoy a structured life.-- mostly although I do like some spontaneity just as long as things are ordered in the long-term.
    *Not exciting to be around with (Both have Sx last)-- most people would probably agree
    *But they are the most grounded people.-- I am relatively grounded in spite of having my head in the clouds much of the time.
    *These people are very reliable and seem to have an strong internal compass of what is good.--- Yes, very much
    *Often part of social settings. -- About average, I'd say. Depends on the type of setting and the purpose.

Sp/Sx and Sx/Sp:
    *The easygoing hedonists.-- not particularly. I'm easygoing on the outside but more intense inwardly. I like some material pleasures but its also not the most important thing in life.
    *Both have trouble expressing when someone bothers them-- somewhat. At first I will likely not say something to preserve harmony, but provoke me enough and I will say something
    *Problems with voicing their opinion-- often yes, if I think it will be subject to ridicule, but sometimes I can express too strongly, it depends.
    *Choosing rather to leave conflicts or avoid them.-- yes this is preferable, although I can confront conflicts if needed
    *Like to live a quite but comfortable life-- Yes!
    *With not to many friends-- Mostly yes
    *Or unknowns-- Yes, I can tolerate some unknowns but not total chaos.
    *Rather taking the the easy road, and avoiding the hard road. -- Mostly true, but if I wan't something badly enough, I am willing to overcome difficult obstacles

Sx/So and So/Sx:
    *The confronters, these are the people who are sometimes a bit too obtrusive. -- Rarely
    *Quickly obsessed.-- Yes, but with ideas not so much with people
    *Highly aware of the people around them -- Depends. I can be hyperaware or oblivious but once I'm aware of them, I tend to be quite self-conscious of what they might be thinking about me
    *They sometimes see it as their personal task to make sure that everybody is having fun. -- Yes and no. If I'm hosting something (which is rare), I want everyone to have to a good time, otherwise I don't really see it as my responsibility
    *Can sacrifice themselves for a purpose or others. (Both have Sp last)-- Yes but it depends on what you mean by sacrificing myself. I am very unlikely to risk my life for anything but I might put my relationships or job or other things at risk depending on the situation.
    *Often having a winner mentality or fighting spirit. -- I am not particularly competitive. I don't need to win at all costs but I also hate to be doing worse than my peers. I prefer an environment where everyone is equal in status and no one has to fight for their position. I can have a fighting spirit on the things that really matter to me, but most of the time I prefer to take it easy and not have to fight or struggle at all.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, am I confrontational?
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pookie View Post
    Damn, am I confrontational?
    I think SX/SO is more confrontational overall than SO/SX. SO wants to preserve the harmony to some extent. I also think contra-flow stackings: SO/SP, SP/SX, SX/SO tend to be more confrontational than syn-flow stackings: SP/SO, SO/SX, SX/SP
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP