SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Member Questionnaire (Tallmo)

Member Questionnaire 1 (Tallmo)

What is beauty? What is love?
    I've never thought about what it is. Love is to love somebody, and beauty is beautiful things or people

What are your most important values?
    I don't think about values either. Not in general. But I can judge things so I guess I have values. I think I value to some extent freedom, naturalness, joy, fun, normal decency, wisdom, intellectual honesty

Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?
    I am interested in religion, and I've read quite a lot about it. But I don't have a personal religion. That's just how things are. A fact. I am skeptical towards shopping for a religion. It's possible that I have a religion though, but that I am not aware of it.

Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?
    I don't think much about it. But sometimes I am a little fascinated by war and power, if I'm honest. It's a little strange.

What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?
    Usually relationships / thoughts about life. Last long conversation was with a friend who have had some problems with his wife.

My interests are music, good life, Socionics (?), working out, sometimes dancing and dating, and finding new interests

music - there is just so much good music, mostly classical, and I grew up playing an instrument
    good life - I like feeling good and alive
    Socionics - who wouldn't love Socionics
    working out - just something that makes me feel good, I've noticed. I am not physically strong though
    dancing - exciting and fun to meet ladies and dance with them. Also cool to dress up sometimes

Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    Yes. I am interested in healthy food and how to feel good. But I am not that disciplined so I am not that good at following any health plans. I have explored paleo diet and intermittent fasting. I like to go to the gym and work out, it gives me a good feeling in my body. I am pretty focused on my body I think. More on the inside than on the outside. The "inner body"

What do you think of daily chores?
    I usually postpone them. But I have a dream about taking good care of daily chores

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.
    I am currently reading the Edda. Norse mythology.

Recently watched film was "Modern man". A documentary about a violinist. I think he is EIE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o2xxty7QkA

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?
    I think I cried a little when I watched the total solar eclipse on youtube some years ago. From the Faroe Islands. Just amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Egm1Z5OYcU

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?
    I like the sea. Visiting some island off the cost is great. I like the water, the salt, wind, the horizon.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?
    ability to keep up with normal life and standards, planning and following through, sticking to something

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?
    responsibility in some cases, attitude towards life, some kind of originality,

In what areas of your life would you like help?
    connections, finances, strategies, partying

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.
    I worry and postpone, then I might finally do something to solve the problem

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?
    I like people who are both normal and unique. Like a mix so they cover the whole of life. That's a good ideal for myself also.

I don't like when people are illogical, or when they use force to get what they want. Or too single minded.

How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?
    I usually just have a plain instinctual feeling about romance / sex, and not that many thoughts. But I guess the ideal is that it should be integrated with life, not some "subject" - but simply life. Exciting, adventurous, boring, routine-like, creative, normal, fun, new, old etc.

I've never thought about qualities in a partner. But I might have some blurred picture in my mind. Of course looks and personality matter, but hard to put it into words (outside the concepts of Socionics)

If you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?
    I would try to bring out the natural father inside myself

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?
    Inward: Irritation and excitement

Outward: Protest and debate follows

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.
    I don't really have any view on "people as a whole"

I guess one reoccurring theme is my challenge to accept life as it is in society, not standing as an observer, but fully taking part in it, without keeping the back door open

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?
    I don't choose friends, it just happens

I am usually a little excited, more spontaneous, and also critical towards my friends

How do you behave around strangers?
    Neither too shy or outgoing

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with SEI.
    KEEP IT LIGHT AND KEEP IT MOVING

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sei is so right for you. I have explored intermittent fasting too *surprise*. What did you think of it?

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Delilah View Post
    Sei is so right for you.

I have explored intermittent fasting too *surprise*. What did you think of it?
    I concluded that eating only once a'day is impossible if I want to get enough vitamins. But skipping breakfast is fine, then I'll get about 16 h of fasting each day. It only took some weeks getting used to and after that no problem. I like not having to eat all the time - it keeps my mind clear.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fasting is good, but I don't think it's good from a diet perspective, but it works for some of course.

With fasting, going to bed hungry can interfere with sleeping.

As for your type, why not SEI? The more i've seen you post the more i've seen your emotionalism () and your mobilizing

What's the purpose of SEI? Tallmo's Avatar
    TIM
    SEI
    Mentioned
    306 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by at sirac son of sirac View Post

With fasting, going to bed hungry can interfere with sleeping.
    Yes, people usually fast from morning to afternoon. Then eating late in the day. It works best that way.

As for your type, why not SEI? The more i've seen you post the more i've seen your emotionalism () and your mobilizing
    I think there happens an adjustment after some time in a forum. In the beginning certain one-sided functions get activated that can give the impression of another type. After some months or years things level out and the real type shows itself more.
    The decisive thing is not the reality of the object, but the reality of the subjective factor, i.e. the primordial images, which in their totality represent a psychic mirror-world. It is a mirror, however, with the peculiar capacity of representing the present contents of consciousness not in their known and customary form but in a certain sense sub specie aeternitatis, somewhat as a million-year old consciousness might see them.

(Jung on Si)

Banned
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tallmo
    I think there happens an adjustment after some time in a forum. In the beginning certain one-sided functions get activated that can give the impression of another type. After some months or years things level out and the real type shows itself more.
    I don't know how long it takes, for some it's more than others.

Other factors too can affect at least for posting, ie is someone getting bored posting here, have they decided just to remain for the socializing, and such factors, but yeah, generally I think you're right

As for base > for you, your posts are too grounded and 'sensing' for IEI. So from reading your posts SEI is good.

I knew an SEI before (via online) who was more 'Fe' than you. His interests were more normal, I think you are interested in refining yourself, ... for want of a word, ie your interest in classical music and stuff, so it just goes to show variance in a type (which is a pretty obv. thing to say, of course there's variance! )

Cool