Thread: On The Escalation of Political Violence In The Current Era

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Default On The Escalation of Political Violence In The Current Era

Over the past few days it has become rather obvious that, well, many forces on the Left are acting towards the normalization of political violence. I can blame many factors and, if asked, I can attempt to explain why it's happening but the key problem is this. It. Never. Ends. Well. For anyone.

It generates Pyrrhic Victories and senseless genocides. Yet idiots on both sides seem to clamor for these sickening incidents with a quasi-religious fervor. I don't see a good way out of this everyone. I also don't get why the left is pushing things in this direction far harder than the right is (the right is actually clamoring for mercy and moderation on this issue ). The left must surely know that the Industrial age is over. During the first Civil War the "North" most certainly held the advantage as the South suffered from the "curse" of slavery (i.e. No Industrial base ever, for no slaveholder governing elite would ever want/allow labor-saving devices to be invented as it'd debase the value of their most precious asset, slaves).

Thus, the North won with gusto. However, nowadays the cities are occupied by doughboy pansies who've never dug one row, planted one seed, fought one fight without mommy and a team of lawyers to sue the bully that started it, lifted even so much as the 45lb. bar on a bench press, is so out of shape they get out of breath going up a single flight of stairs, etc. Hell, if they're of minority descent they most likely don't even have a father in their lives according to statistics! Absolute pansies and genetic/intellectual dead ends given that data, yet that horde of pansy fatties dares to think they can beat a single platoon of swole ass hunting/combat hardened country boys who can crush bones with their bare hands and blast a fly off the ear of an ass at a hundred yards? Jesus Christ, this second Civil War won't last a week. Victory has defeated the Yankees of Yankeedom. It's kinda sad really, I wanted my Greater Appalachian Scots-Irish brethren to triumph over more worthy adversaries. With enemies like this, the doughboy/girl (can't rightly differentiate between em' to be honest) weaklings of Antifa and the rest of the left... I feel robbed. At least I could respect and fear the Red Army as it washed over the Nazis, I just can't even now... How do I feel good/triumphant about beating what amounts to a weak and disabled child/a pathetic impersonation of what I just hailed as a worthy adversary?
    Last edited by End; 01-26-2017 at 06:43 AM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

TIM
    IEI-Ni 6w5-9-2 So/Sx
    Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Escalation in the current era... how far back does this timeline go? Because you dont have to go that far before the violence in the current Era is dwarfed in comparison to what happened for 1000s of years.
    Projection is ordinary. Person A projects at person B, hoping tovalidate something about person A by the response of person B. However, person B, not wanting to be an obejct of someone elses ego and guarding against existential terror constructs a personality which protects his ego and maintain a certain sense of a robust and real self that is different and separate from person A. Sadly, this robust and real self, cut off by defenses of character from the rest of the world, is quite vulnerable and fragile given that it is imaginary and propped up through external feed back. Person B is dimly aware of this and defends against it all the more, even desperately projecting his anxieties back onto person A, with the hope of shoring up his ego with salubrious validation. All of this happens without A or B acknowledging it, of course. Because to face up to it consciously is shocking, in that this is all anybody is doing or can do and it seems absurd when you realize how pathetic it is.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's really interesting how divisive the Trump presidency has been... I mean, it's perfectly understandable, of course. But it's prone to overreaction. I hope they give him this much of a visceral reaction when he has actually done something horrific... Nobody cared when George W. Bush or Obama was actually in the process of destroying America and the world.

But at least, the Americans are slowly starting to wake up to this reality that happens to be a nightmare... I don't think Trump had much to do with it. He just made it visible by being as offensive as possible. Other politicians would do it in a much quieter, unnoticeable ways.

TIM
    ILI-Ni sp/sx
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    It's really interesting how divisive the Trump presidency has been... I mean, it's perfectly understandable, of course. But it's prone to overreaction. I hope they give him this much of a visceral reaction when he has actually done something horrific... Nobody cared when George W. Bush or Obama was actually in the process of destroying America and the world.

But at least, the Americans are slowly starting to wake up to this reality that happens to be a nightmare... I don't think Trump had much to do with it. He just made it visible by being as offensive as possible. Other politicians would do it in a much quieter, unnoticeable ways.
    I do have to agree on this one. The wool has been pulled over the eyes of most everyone for the past few decades. Trump is seemingly ripping it off as painfully as possible. Who knows what occurs after that is done but at least it is a completely unexpected occurrence. I pray it ends well and that the Wrath of the Awakened Saxon destroys all the "right" people... We only need a few members of the true ruling class to die horribly. Once the rest get the point they'll fall in line. Tyrants are the saddest examples of humanity to ever exist.

I forget the name of the man who put it to writing but he pointed out how they were strangers to the sands of the tournament, ill equipped to bed (let alone deal) with a common woman. Their lot is to piss themselves in terror the instant someone with any hint of pride or righteous purpose comes to hand out the judgement the divine has willed they were charged to deliver. "Sad!" As our new president would term it...