Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Type Me The Extended Questionnaire v0.2

Mentioned
    144 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Video Type Me The Extended Questionnaire v0.2

Last edited by bye; 11-27-2020 at 07:47 PM. Reason: Fixed the video attachment, thanks Chae

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

First impression (I've watched about 5 minutes): You look and act (physically) like an SLE, and you seem to think and do like an LIE.

I'll have to pay more attention to this later. Maybe listen to the whole thing.

Wait, it's running in the background, and I'm thinking more and more that you are SLE.

At the 14 minute mark, I'm sure you are SLE.

Welcome to the forum. You seem like a nice guy. The IEI's here should be pretty happy.

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
    Thanks for the input! That's interesting, in what way do I seem to think like an LIE?
    Well, when I was in the University, I would drop out sometimes to earn money. I liked high-paying jobs, even if they were menial, because ...money. I also always saw myself as owning a business.

But the evidence for SLE seems really overwhelming. I do think you are good at thinking. I really see a lot of similarities between us, but I've been accused of being SLE (and LSE, FWIW), because I have a lot of Se. I also like to work.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I also second SLE.

Some things suggesting Se lead function:
    *Friends describe you as a bit 'impulsive' at times.
    *See self as physically strong person and also strong willpower
    *Very much a 'just do it' kind of person.
    *If someone physically hurt you, you responded with "beat the shit out of them."

Fi PoLR:
    *Tendency to go too far with joking around, dislike it when others are offended easily
    *A chore to be diplomatic
    *Dislike people that seem to like everyone or are accepting of everyone since you realize there are evil people in the world. Seems like a rather beta ST attitude.

Also Ni suggestive:
    *Need help with planning and thinking about the future
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thank you for giving me examples and explaining how they relate to my type, it's really helpful. I'm not too sure about how the socionics eight function theory works out yet. It seems like socionics Fi and Fe is quiet different from the MBTI counterparts.
    You can read more about the theory here and here
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Yep, Planet Beta ST Some James Hetfieldian V.I. vibes.

SLE-Ti is what I got. Dual is Ni +Fe ego to supply timing/planning ("long-distance thinking") and fun ("not boring, can take a joke", someone you can be straightforward with). As for instinct: So/Sp for sure. Enneagram 6?

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Attaching the video works like this, click the film strip image in the post toolbar, you can enter the link.

Result:

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Really? James Hetfield? I used to be crazy into Metallica as a teenager That's cool that you also included enneagram and instrict, I basically don't know anything about that. I get a bit freaked out by the enneagram diagram thing, it feels like I'm conducting a satanic ritual or something jk. Anyways, I'll definitely check that out to see if I agree
    I KNEW IT! Perfect. You gave me a good laugh about the satanic enneagram, if you want some more exorcism go to my blog for instinct stuff
    Some input before you research about it - The reasoning behind enneagram 6 So/Sp would be that you are a community and safety-focused person. Your example about the terrorist/detecting lies/observing fellow workers was striking me as such. An SLE is usually either enneagram 3,6,8,7- I neither got overt image, career, control, materialistic focus from you, more of a grounded and trusting/surveillance feel. You already asked for guidance in your first post --> enneagram 6 at its best.

Your instinct stacking goes like this: you seem to be an affiliation type with less but present emphasis on self-preservation, and fewer thoughts go into relationships or just bonding in general, it doesn't have to be romantic. You have an idea about what you want, but as you said: you want to be your own boss. Your sense of self is firm and not outsourced. Social/self-pres lines up neatly with enneagram 6 - what's possible is that you may be Sp/So as well, but we'll see as you look into it more.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Yep, Planet Beta ST Some James Hetfieldian V.I. vibes.

SLE-Ti is what I got. Dual is Ni +Fe ego to supply timing/planning ("long-distance thinking") and fun ("not boring, can take a joke", someone you can be straightforward with). As for instinct: So/Sp for sure. Enneagram 6?

LOL, when I first joined the forum I told @Satan he had James Hetfield vibes after chatting with him a bit. I was imagining he looked like him too. He kind of resembled him a couple years ago. Some type him SLE as well.

I haven't watched the op's video yet but I will.

p.s. I have met James. I won't give my opinion on him. He was very drunk though.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Thank you for giving me examples and explaining how they relate to my type, it's really helpful. I'm not too sure about how the socionics eight function theory works out yet. It seems like socionics Fi and Fe is quiet different from the MBTI counterparts.
    How do you type in MBTI?

Glimpsed at video, nothing against beta ST so far

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    How do you type in MBTI?

Glimpsed at video, nothing against beta ST so far
    Or against SLI really?

Edit: I watched most of it.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very clear video, I agree with SLE. The only other type that came to mind was SEE, though there were some things to speak against it.

-lots of emphasis on autonomy and doing what you want, impulsiveness
    -all about work, working hard (Se, some Te)
    -dislike of people who are too "nice", like weird, interesting people. Difficulty with people who are too shy and "don't talk" (Fe seeking)
    -Others' misconception is (paraphrasing) that you can't be happy or do what you want to do. Being happy is a choice.
    -no problem standing up for yourself, aggressive when necessary
    -values honesty and directness

The conflict you describe is a classic example of Fe vs Fi values -- either being responsive (Fe) and attentive to one's duty (Ti) on the one hand or preferring to interact with people you like (Fi). Similarly the example of someone attributing badness in others to their environment or upbringing etc. is an example of NeFi.

Are you calling me a lazy bum?

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

SLE's cool, you are obviously ExTP. Definitely not LIE .

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Are you calling me a lazy bum?
    Maybe? You don't beat up girls do you...

I don't think SLI are particularly lazy. What others call lazy I just think of as doing my own thing. hah

Sometimes what people think of as Se lead is just anger management issues. My SLI brother in-law has irl trolled me past the breaking point of some people but I just gave it right back to him. He got angry when I used Fe (which I would exaggerate when we argued) before I got annoyed with him. But he actually does have anger management issues. According to my sister he can be insensitive but she is EII so her idea of insensitive and mine are a bit different.

Seriously though I was just saying that some of your answers could fit just as well for a delta ST too. I have no problem with Beta ST for you. If you think SLE is the best fit after checking out the alternatives then go with that. There is only so much others can tell you from a 30 minute video.

Welcome to the forum.

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I'd never hit a girl, and I was just being silly I actually get along well with SLIs. The SLIs I know are all a bit shy and cautious, and I feel like they are a bit more pragmatic than me in the sense that they all seem to be content with their lives and don't really have big dreams. I never really feel like I can settle down and just be ok with the way things are, there's always something that I'm chasing after. I see the job I have now as a temporary thing that I do to earn some money, I don't know what I'll do afterwards, but I sure as hell won't stay here for more than a few years. It's the same with many other things, I don't like the house I'm living in, I wanna get in better shape, I wish I could meet some new friends. Contrast this to the SLI I'm working with who feels more like he belongs here, he has a nice little house close to work, a stable relationship, a dog, and he hunts in the nearby forests, and he feels very local in general. I bet he wouldn't mind staying here for the rest of his life. This is my idea of what an SLI is, but maybe I'm confusing type traits with my personal generalisations of people, maybe it's more nuanced. I guess that I could just as easily be an SLI, because they are essentially the same type only with flipped E/I focus on the functions.

Btw, how the hell did you meet jamed hetfield? Lol
    I knew you were being silly. hahah I think what you say here is important though. My brother in-law is similar to your coworker. He and my sister have the business, the dogs, the kid, the stability and I think he is very content with what he has. He has dreams of growing their business locally but I would say in general he is a simple man with simple desires. He does drive a HUGE truck with monster wheels. My sister and I both had to be lifted into. heh Not exactly a family car but they have one of those too. He does the hunting thing too. lol I think he has never lived further than 50 miles of where he was born and that is how he likes it.

I met James because Lars was hooking up with my boyfriend's (at the time) mom whenever he was in town.

I got into the music scene when I was really young and just found myself in circumstances where I was always meeting someone who knew someone and getting sucked into inner circles. That is how I ended up hanging out with a lot of musicians. Plus I ONLY dated, or had relationships, with guys in bands then. I was no victim in the getting sucked into inner circles. My friends and I plotted and schemed our way backstage many times for the more famous bands. The girl who introduced me to the most bands is an SLE. She is still a part of that world.

YWIMW

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'll watch the video when I get home
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE works, HA = mobilizing, yes

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I used to have a crazy fan boy phase as well. When I was like 13 or something, I found out that my neighbours second cousins dad used to hang out with a guitarist in In Flames, which was my favorite band at the time. But don't bother listening to their new stuff because they sold out long ago and it's just awful. Anyways I added the second cousin on MSN ( It was a while ago lol ), and I tried to make her ask the guitarist to write me an autograph so that she could bring it to my neighbour the next time they came over hahaha... It's so ridiculous thinking back. Did you ever perform or play anything yourself?
    Awww, that is a cute story. I started listening to a few In Flames songs recently after someone sent them to me.

I had Iron Maiden autograph my jacket, when I was in NYC, and then my mom washed it! I cried.

I have performed in front of audiences but I don't play an instrument. I have danced onstage for bands, as part of the show, but only because they pushed me into it. I tried to teach myself to play guitar when I was a child but really I just strummed it and recited poetry to my friends or "channeled spirits". lol I lost friends when their parents found out I was doing seances.

This stuff is embarrassing to remember but funny too. I took violin for a few years but never got interested. My parents tried to get us into a lot of things, including, gymnastic and martial arts, which I think I preferred but I hated practice and lessons. I knew I was not a natural with an instrument. They felt kind of awkward to me.

I looked at your video again and more than James you remind me a little bit of Lemmy who I type LSI-Se. He could be SLE too I suppose. Alcohol and drugs kind of cloud cognitive functions.

Edit: I am weirdly opening up about personal stuff quickly to you if that means anything. Most likely Beta for you.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I have been all over the place in mbti, but I eventually settled for ISTP. I thought it fit pretty nicely until I started reading about socionics, which has a very different description. From the socionics descriptions they seem like hard-assed prison guards that do everything by the book, which is definitely not me
    Why not ESTP?

MBTI ISTP is not Socionics ISTj, please drop the j/p switch bullshit. I wish that bullshit had never been made up in the first place, it just creates so much confusion for people.

By the way these stereotypes... ISTj/LSI != hard-assed prison guard lol. The point is that LSI is a Rational type so they will be more set in their thinking and ways than an Irrational like SLI or SLE.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hahah, channeling spirits, that's fucking nuts! I'd probably think that was really cool though. In high school, me and some friends rented an old haunted mansion over a night to have a bbq party. Allegedly, you could contact ghosts via an old table there because of some guy that died long ago, and I was so gullible to that shit haha. Wow that's really cool that you were a stage dancer, you'd have to be really good looking for people to push you to do it.

I didn't know I could look like so many rock stars at once, maybe they both look like me rather? I'll consider getting a mustache thing that he has and a hat. Alright, it was fun chatting with you, but I have get up early tomorrow, bye!
    Mustache will just confirm LSI. Good night.

YWIMW

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I looked at your video again and more than James you remind me a little bit of Lemmy who I type LSI-Se. He could be SLE too I suppose. Alcohol and drugs kind of cloud cognitive functions.

Edit: I am weirdly opening up about personal stuff quickly to you if that means anything. Most likely Beta for you.
    Quickly? Activity relations?

I guess I wouldn't entirely exclude LSI just yet for @Viktor, actually.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very informative, thank you! How does liking weridos relate to being an SLE hehe?
    Beta NFs are known for being sort of eccentric, it's the combo.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I also second SLE.

Some things suggesting Se lead function:
    *Friends describe you as a bit 'impulsive' at times.
    *See self as physically strong person and also strong willpower
    *Very much a 'just do it' kind of person.
    *If someone physically hurt you, you responded with "beat the shit out of them."

Fi PoLR:
    *Tendency to go too far with joking around, dislike it when others are offended easily
    *A chore to be diplomatic
    *Dislike people that seem to like everyone or are accepting of everyone since you realize there are evil people in the world. Seems like a rather beta ST attitude.

Also Ni suggestive:
    *Need help with planning and thinking about the future
    I dunno if that must be SLE>LSI, that all fits me too. Except I rarely do the going too far with joking around. It did happen tho' before, sure. It being a chore to be diplomatic, can be just Fi role alright.

OK, where it's a bit "off" is I don't need much help with planning but I've appreciated input before in that area too, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    Sounds like an SLE to me.

Emphasis on working hard, creating your own destiny, doing what you want to do, not being controlled. All sounded very Se leading to me + Ni suggestive. Also sounds like a LIE.

Doesn't like people who are overly insensitive, that you can't joke with. Fi polr with Se

"Thinking about the future and how I can plan things out" - Ni valuer

Strong will-power and strong presence- Se Leading

Friends ask me to help them move due to size and strength- Sounds very Se leading. Could also be SEE. LSI who is Ti+Se gets this request a lot. But my guess is you are Fe HA not Fe seeking.

"Can take a lot of shit without breaking" - Se leading...could be LIE, SLE, LSI

"Good at spotting bullshit" - Se + Ti, or Te +Ni

"I don't take shit from people". Se, Ti, Fe HA

"My friends think I can be dramatic" - Fe HA

"I joke with people but take it too far" - Fi Polr

On a somewhat related note I noticed that SLE (followed by LSI and then possibly LIE) are types most comfortable swearing in casual conversation. Usually LIE does it out of sheer frustration over a situation but with the SLE it seems woven into the conversation more casually. With the LSIs I know they do swear comfortably and confidently when something seems stupid or makes no sense.
    Still don't really see what in this is definitely SLE>LSI.

Btw I know LIE who does the swearing casually

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Idk, it's not like I thought super hard about it. I guess I got introvert on a test or something and I thought it sounded more interesting
    That's not how you pick your type though lol, not because it sounds more interesting, I mean if your goal is to get to know and understand yourself more.

Anyway, did it make sense where I said LSI isn't a hard-assed prison guard, just more set in their thinking and their ways than SLE? With that taken into account, would you say you are more like the SLE or the LSI?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

LSI, SLE.

Super low energy looking, where you tired or something? Thought SLI when you kept rubbing your eyes.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yeah but that's the thing, I didn't really take it that seriously back then. I took the test a few tims because I was bored, and the most reansonable result I got was ISTP. I also got ENTP and ESTJ, so it's not like I was consistently typed as an introvert. It felt like the more times I took the test, the more I started over-analyzing the questions, so I answered them differently. It wasn't until I found socionics that I decided that I had to understand the theory, because it felt more useful.
    Ahh right, same for me with MBTI vs Socionics heh. So Ti valuing of you (also your workplace behaviour with the colleagues that you described, struck me as such very much, adding this before I forget to note it).

I get what your saying, but I still think that LSIs are hard asses and nitpickers when it comes to rules, you obviously care more about the theory than I do for example lol. Don't get me wrong, I like LSIs. Still, thanks for taking the times to help me find my type, I think I'll stick with SLE for now
    Lol sure I noticed you are more relaxed about all this stuff, yes.

One note: for LSI (as a Ti valuing type) the rules are not from someone else's rulebook per se. Its their own book, they check everything else against that, including those rulebooks by other people. Make sense?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's the idea I have about Ti as well, because that's how I think. But that doesn't explain why LSIs so often are military officers and police men, because I think that's a valid stereotype. You can't make your own rules in the military. I feel like Ti and Fe together is sort of like an implicit understanding that the set rules should always apply no matter the circumstance, which is what the military is all about. But every individual needs to figure it out for himself, thereby making it "his own" rules. That being said, if a set of rules or principles is getting in my way, I throw them out the window hahaha
    T (both Ti and Te) leading, especially with low Intuition, means the set rules should always apply, yes. (Just different kind of rules for Ti than for Te.)

The military / police thing... as I said, the "external rulebook" is checked by yourself, but eventually it can actually be accepted as valid (or at least most of it), depending. So, in that way these jobs work for some LSIs, I suppose? Add in some enneagram related motivations too, maybe. Like enneagram 6's particular interest in and sense of order.

So all in all, trust me, there are many LSIs that aren't military officers or police men.

As for the last sentences there, yah, I can break certain external rules too if they get in my way. Again, I'm not enneagram 6 or whatever.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, if you were LSI I would expect greater organization and attention to the environment (Si) and less impulsiveness.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

All right, so I'm obviously Ti valuing, what makes you think that I value it more than Se? Is it because I'm sort of calm and quiet? First of all, I'm swedish, so sometimes it takes a while for me to think of the right word. I was also really tired when I made this video. And I'm 1,98m tall, I wasn't bragging when I said I'm a big guy, it's a defining characteristic that I have because I have to tone myself down to fit in. If I was violent and loud all the time I'd be put in a fucking zoo, it would be too much. It's fine when shorties do it because they have to compensate. You seem to think that I'm smart, which is flattering, but I don't see how I can have Ti leading when I don't even care that much about logical structures. It's not only that I don't wanna be a prison guard, I fucking hated school, and I don't even like cars and mechanics which all LSIs seem to do. Also, aren't LSIs supposed to be organized? I'm definitely not organized, everything in my life is a fucking mess lol
    I didn't say you had to be LSI. Just meant I can't tell if SLE or LSI yet. As to the why, I didn't see yet if Ti or Se is base function and I didn't see definite Fi PoLR yet, just weak Fi, and I'm not sure if I see Fe HA.

If I see something definite, I'll let you know.

As for the issues you bring up, typically LSI is at least partially organized, sure. I wouldn't be able to say why you aren't. Btw I don't do cars either lol.

EDIT: as for the impulsiveness: can you sum up as to when/why you get impulsive?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

My impression is that you are LSI, possibly Se subtype.

Enneagram-wise, Sp/Sx 6w7 is likely.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 02-03-2017 at 08:24 AM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    My impression is that you are LSI, possibly Se subtype.

Enneagram-wise, Sp/Sx Type 6 is likely.
    Sp/so, obviously he is an sp dom (his values are independence, he stays at his boring ass job cause it pays well etc). The soc comes in at when he complains about girls who are shy. If he was sx 2nd he would be aware of the attraction between them and that would kind of be enough, especially if he's soc last. But he NEEDs to have conversations. Like he wouldn't try to drag words out of people if he was more aware of the non existent chemistry between them and/or valued it higher.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Viktor,

Did you ever go by the username Viktor09 (or something similar) on another forum? I think I remember you. Glad to see you again!

I’ll look over your video in detail later. I have a couple options floating around as of now. Just out of curiosity, have you taken the test over at sociotype.com and if so, what did you get?

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Sp/so, obviously he is an sp dom (his values are independence, he stays at his boring ass job cause it pays well etc). The soc comes in at when he complains about girls who are shy. If he was sx 2nd he would be aware of the attraction between them and that would kind of be enough, especially if he's soc last. But he NEEDs to have conversations. Like he wouldn't try to drag words out of people if he was more aware of the non existent chemistry between them and/or valued it higher.
    What you describe there sounds more like weaker Fi on his part.
    Fi is about being able to accurately gauge the attraction (like/dislike etc.) between people.

For example, there are Logical types who are SX and they can still have troubles seeing whether someone truly likes them or not, because their Fi isn't good enough.

I am not saying Sp/So is entirely impossible, but I find Sp/Sx more likely. He also mentioned how he likes being friends with people who are into the same albums (music) like he is.
    Sharing hobbies and passions like that is usually SX related. Sp/Sx people, as well as So/Sx people, tend to connect with others through shared passions and "loves" of things. Sp/So on the other hand, not really. They focus more on social interactions and talking about social/cultural things, like the mainstream media or politics. So/Sp does a similar thing, or they connect with others by sharing their favourite recipes, or by playing a certain sport together.

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    What you describe there sounds more like weaker Fi on his part.
    Fi is about being able to accurately gauge the attraction (like/dislike etc.) between people.

For example, there are Logical types who are SX and they can still have troubles seeing whether someone truly likes them or not, because their Fi isn't good enough.
    Sx is attraction/repulsion.. whether that is the same as Fi in Socionics (which is a system that probably doesn't exist), it doesn't matter. The instinct still is what it is.
    Sx is the mating instinct, and without knowing what you're attracted to, how are you going to find a suitable mate?

I am not saying Sp/So is entirely impossible, but I find Sp/Sx more likely. He also mentioned how he likes being friends with people who are into the same albums (music) like he is.
    Sharing hobbies and passions like that is usually SX related. Sp/Sx people, as well as So/Sx people, tend to connect with others through shared passions and "loves" of things. Sp/So on the other hand, not really. They focus more on social interactions and talking about social/cultural things, like the mainstream media or politics. So/Sp does a similar thing, or they connect with others by sharing their favourite recipes, or by playing a certain sport together.
    Its common that people make friends with same interests like music, haha, it doesnt make you sx. Having friends with the same music taste makes it able to listen to it together(soc) and go to concerts together(soc). Me and my soc last friends don't talk about shared music tastes that much, except like i show them a song when i love it, i dont really care if they like it though. It's not a requirement for me that we share music tastes. In my experience so/sx have been the biggest fangirls of things.

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    340 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Looks like a person who has very good command on present. ST maybe SLE. [I must say that it can work another way around: one SLE got bit scared of my powerful vision according to his words.]
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Looks like you'll adopt the SLE typing for a while because most people suggest that it is the correct one.
    Some time down the line, after more study and self-reflection, you'll realize SLE doesn't entirely fit as well as it should, and then you re-question things.
    And then you may warm up again to LSI, and self-type as that.

This has been a common pattern for people like you. ^^'

*********** 21-04-19:

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Do you or would you get a kick out of pushing people around if you had your own company and 35 employees?

Would you thrive on confrontation or would you do anything to ignore it?
    -

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

TIM
    6w5
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLE or SLI
    but you definitely seem to lead with sensing to me
    your demeanor makes me think SLE though

but yeah I would definitely go with SLE like everyone is saying

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, that's totally me I have taken it a while ago and I got LSI. As you might remember, I used to see myself as an ISTP back then. I'm not saying that I can't be an LSI, but after having gotten more into socionics I'm starting to question the idea that I would be a rational type. Because in mbti terms it would make sense since ISTPs are perceivers, but the LSI is described as being very structured, which I'm not. Anyways, I'm still open for other ideas
    Yes! You typed me INFJ when everyone typed me ESTP (actually mbti INFP / EII). I usually get IEI on that test but my best bet for you, as of now, would be SLI. World Socionics Society has great information and you can always turn to them for an interview, if you'd like.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Only if I had a good reason, for example if I paid someone to work for me and he was constantly slacking or complaining I would have no problem "pushing him around" to show that I disagree with his behavior and that he needs to take more responsibility. However, I would not bully an employee simply because it's fun, I think that would be bad leadership, and also inefficient because I would stirr up unnecessary conflict. I only bully people who need to have someone straighten them up, if that makes sense
    um i dont see you as lsi
    -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast