Thread: Insecure ESFp: is it possible for SEE to not have high self-confidence and energy?

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Insecure ESFp: is it possible for SEE to not have high self-confidence and energy?

I have recently been typed as SEE.

Basically all descriptions of SEE say they're self-confident and highly energetic. I'm generally insecure, and somewhat shy (though I've been told I come across as self confident), and consider myself to be low energy and lazy (I wish this was not the case though).

Is it at all possible for a SEE to not have high self-confidence and high energy?

TIM
    Ne-IEE 6w7 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    221 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Welcome BeautifulLie! SEEs can go through their highs and lows just like any other type. At their best, they're self-confident and highly energetic, but at their worst, they can be shy, insecure, low energy and lazy. It could be possible that you're another type, but instead of looking at traits of confidence and energy, perhaps gain a greater grasp of the functions instead to see if SEE really fits you or not.
    “We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand.” Randy Pausch

Ne-IEE
    6w7 sp/sx
    6w7-9w1-4w5

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulLie View Post

Basically all descriptions of SEE say they're self-confident and highly energetic. I'm generally insecure, and somewhat shy (though I've been told I come across as self confident), and consider myself to be low energy and lazy (I wish this was not the case though).

Is it at all possible for a SEE to not have high self-confidence and high energy?
    Hello there <3 How old are you, what's your enneagram type, gender expression? That can have give the whole topic a significant twist And as Raver said, going by functions is the best way.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All those traits put together do make leading unlikely. Perhaps mobilizing or something would make more sense.

TIM
    ILI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi!

First question: how were you typed? According to the clues you may have run a test on the Web. Which one then?

Beyond the type description, that are temptful to read but traps you into a pit - Forer effet -, it is important to know what F1 (leading , I use WSS notation) means:
    1. You have great acuity to percieve the tangible and sensitive "strength" of objects in your psychological environment. Made more concrete, you are greatly aware and conscious of your own strength as well as the strength of other people, whatever physical or psychological.
    2. F agenda is is the highest-valued and most conscious : this means you intend to make as great as possible impact among your psychological environment.

It is possible your F1 agenda has been opposed or subdued in your psychological environment and you did not get over that. When your leading function is being wrong, you resent psychological insecurity. Hence the apparently inconsistent description you give of yourself.

TIM
    Take a guess
    Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Being insecure and shy aren't necessarily type related, but being low energy and lazy kinda are though

Those are typically traits of Ips i.e. SEI, IEI, SLI and ILI.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post
    Being insecure and shy aren't necessarily type related, but being low energy and lazy kinda are though

Yes, I thought the very same thing

Seed my wickedness The Reality Denialist's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE-C-Ni ™
    Mentioned
    344 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Eps energy levels tend to have a lot of variation on situational basis.
    MOTTO: NEVER TRUST IN REALITY
    Winning is for losers

Sincerely yours,
    idiosyncratic type
    Life is a joke but do you have a life?

Joinif you dare https://matrix.to/#/#The16Types:matrix.org

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read that very intelligent people might come across as lazy and low energy. Do you consider yourself to be very intelligent? Basically what appears as laziness is analysis paralysis because you don't want to make a move or do something until you *know* for sure. Also they don't speak unless they know what they're talking about. And this can apply to an extrovert or introvert both! It gets people labeled as introverts a lot but I think the same thing can apply for extrovert too.

Do you eat well or take vitamins?

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hello there <3 How old are you, what's your enneagram type, gender expression? That can have give the whole topic a significant twist And as Raver said, going by functions is the best way.
    36, probably 9w8 sx/sp (tritype 954), female/woman

I try to remind myself to just go by functions, but then I forget and end up reading descriptions anyway

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qorche View Post
    Hi!

First question: how were you typed? According to the clues you may have run a test on the Web. Which one then?

I answered a questionnaire with a set of questions for each function, which was analysed by two people who I consider to be very knowledgeable. One of them previously thought I was ESI-Se just going by interactions on facebook.

It is possible your F1 agenda has been opposed or subdued in your psychological environment and you did not get over that. When your leading function is being wrong, you resent psychological insecurity. Hence the apparently inconsistent description you give of yourself.
    Maybe. I'm gonna have to think about this.

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Resonare View Post

My energy wasn't always this low. I remember dancing around in my room for hours as a teenager.

I think I'm lazy, but if I ask my husband if he thinks I'm lazy he'll say no. He thinks I work pretty hard lolol. I disagree, but I suppose compared to him I'm not lazy. I sit on my bum most of the day (I blame the internet) and I consider that lazy.

I don't know, maybe I'm only lazy when it comes to things I don't want to do

TIM
    IxI-Ni
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mintwind View Post
    I've read that very intelligent people might come across as lazy and low energy. Do you consider yourself to be very intelligent? Basically what appears as laziness is analysis paralysis because you don't want to make a move or do something until you *know* for sure. Also they don't speak unless they know what they're talking about. And this can apply to an extrovert or introvert both! It gets people labeled as introverts a lot but I think the same thing can apply for extrovert too.

Do you eat well or take vitamins?
    Nah, I don't eat that well at all I forget to take my vitamins too. I could probably use some more sleep as well.

I consider myself to be of slightly above average intelligence. I do tend to only speak when I know what I'm talking about.

TIM
    ESI 7 9 4 sp/sx
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah, I don't eat that well at all I forget to take my vitamins too. I could probably use some more sleep as well.

I consider myself to be of slightly above average intelligence. I do tend to only speak when I know what I'm talking about.
    Do you get enough b vitamins, iron, and magnesium in your diet?

Are you in a happy marriage? Any sources of stress in your life right now?

Sorry for all the questions, you don't have to answer, just curious ^^