TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avebury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Spermatozoa View Post
    We should seriously consider the possibility that the Chinese are planning large-scale military expansion in second half of the century. They are just waiting for the centrifugal forces undermining Western democracies (primarily immigration, cultural nihilism and a diminishing tax base) to reach a tipping point. My theory is that there will be a civil war in Europe and possibly in America at some point in the near future due to the influx of non-white ethnic groups, national defense will break down, and at this point China (and perhaps Russia) will try to invade.

The U.S. is still in a position of strength and it should act now.
    For some reason I don't think you're joking.

But really, only a stupid president would do that. We're not living in antiquity anymore.
    The world needs China to be prosperous. They will contribute to developing sustainable living in the future.

Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    The world needs China to be prosperous. They will contribute to developing sustainable living in the future.
    I don't understand why people hate China so much.

That's awesome btw. Eco cities are the future. And they will look so cool.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. I'm very interested in China's course regarding the environment. Though they are a big polluter now, I think that they will move increasingly towards finding solutions.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-its-pollution

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I don't hate the Chinese, in fact it is quite the opposite, I have great respect for what they have achieved as a civilization and consider them to be worthy rivals. Nor do I hate the Chinese government or even communism, although equality does not exist anywhere in nature and is impossible to create without state coercion.

Try not to bring your personal feelings into this. We are merely envisioning the hypothetical arcs by which the future could develop. It is also possible that there may be a massive flu pandenic that overwhelms that part of the world, or a giant meteor may crash into Earth tomorrow rendering this discussion entirely moot. Or maybe something else - there could be an assassination attempt, or even just a series of unrelated, minor circumstances which combine in a way we can't so easily account for, like maybe some car accidents, an earthquake or two...either way, our job is to assess which outcome is most probable, out of all the possibilities that need to be considered.