Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This had better be worth my time: TheHotelAmbush questionnaire as answered by Chips and Underwear

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    Definitely not mine. I don't know where this idea comes from.
    It's a joke.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    It's a joke.
    I know it's a joke floating around on typology forums (for ESFJ on MBTI forums as well). Still, I don't get where it originally comes from, like with quite a few other stereotypes. Is all I meant to say.

PS.: I do get it that the mother's job is to be caretaking a lot blah blah, so I get the high Si part, I don't however see where the idea of Fe-dom and Fe-base comes from. My mom is ESI-Se btw, ISFJ in MBTI but almost fits some MBTI ESFJ stereotypes superficially.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sorrowsofyoungwerther View Post
    You are so sweet!! I do love LIIs and EIIs..it is that Se Polr. I just want to bake a casserole for my LII and EII friends.
    Then find a LSI to help me with household things because I don't have that much Se anyways.
    Se demonstrative doesn't have much Se?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Myst that is a good question and one I have wondered.

I feel I rely so heavily on Si and ignore/avoid any Se I might have. The ISTj I am with has so much Se I feel in comparison I lack it....or I don't value it.
    The ISTj and I will have Si/Se battles. i.e. staying in and being cozy vs. going for a hike.

This week we were on vacation and he kept trying to get me to engage in various activities (going to the gym, the movies, etc etc). I wanted to cook at home.
    I'm not sure just going out vs. staying home is Si vs. Se. I think there could also be some other factors at work here. Introversion/extroversion for example. Although interestingly enough, you as the extravert prefer staying home more and the introvert prefers to go out. It also depends on the activities themselves.

Going for a hike, I'm not sure how 'Se' that is. If you are going for a physically grueling hike where you challenge your abilities, that could be Se, but if you're just going for a more leisurely hike to get in touch with nature, that would be more Si.

Going to the movies- it completely depends on what the movie is.

Going to the gym- that could be more Se oriented, but again there could be multiple reasons why people go to the gym, not just Se related.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Myst that is a good question and one I have wondered.

I feel I rely so heavily on Si and ignore/avoid any Se I might have. The ISTj I am with has so much Se I feel in comparison I lack it....or I don't value it.
    The ISTj and I will have Si/Se battles. i.e. staying in and being cozy vs. going for a hike.

This week we were on vacation and he kept trying to get me to engage in various activities (going to the gym, the movies, etc etc). I wanted to cook at home.
    Stereotypically, you sound like an introvert, with low Se. I don't know about him.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

I love to be social all week but on vacations/days off I like to be at home with family members and close friends in a very relaxed home environment. If an LII or EII friend comes over I know we will just sit and talk for hours on end. It can be nice. At first I would complain "why don't we go out"...but that was when I was not working full-time. EII and LII friends like to visit at my place. They know I have snacks here and it is furnished very comfortably. I will put on the fireplace and tea as soon as they arrive.

I do enjoy decorating, organizing my clothes etc etc and can do that all weekend inside.
    I set-up an at home gym so I don't need to go to the gym anymore. My ISTj scoffs at my work-outs and exercise routine and says "you don't exert yourself!". Boooo! I think I do!
    Hhaah well that's almost certainly an Si/Se conflict.

I get my Fe needs met by my 40 hour work week. I have a job in which I interact a lot with others in a very personable manner. If I am bored I can do some work e-mail on the weekends or call my parents to chat. Usually a girlfriend will come over and we will talk for a few hours. For the most part the weekends need to be relaxed because the workweek is demanding.

Many ESEs give so much of their heart to their jobs that we need to relax on the weekends.
    Fair enough - I did say it's only stereotypically introverted - but I'm still surprised at you feeling like you have low Se. Anyway I don't really want to get into discussing this any longer.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

LII-Ne 9w1 so/sx would work best IMO.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ares View Post
    LII-Ne 9w1 so/sx would work best IMO.

I'm not sure about being SP last.

I suppose so/sx works better than so/sp because it's syn flow.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    I'm not sure about being SP last.

I suppose so/sx works better than so/sp because it's syn flow.
    What was wrong about that sp/so warmside thing?

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    What was wrong about that sp/so warmside thing?
    I think that makes more sense for me than so/sx but I'm not completely throwing out the possibility either.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123