Thread: What you lack as a type!

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default What you lack as a type!

On the basis that there is internal/external perspective and internal/external judgment and we got the lead/program, creative and demonstrative which we actively will. But the fourth of them is the ignoring, or observing as some want to call it, is the point which we lack.

We lack:

Internal judgement: LSE, ESE, EIE, LIE.
    External judgement: LSI, ESI, LII, EII.
    Internal perception: IEE, SEE, SLE, ILE.
    External perception: ILI, SEI, IEI, SLI.

Why is this point important?

When you look how a person is dealing with daily business you can see how they are lagging on some areas. In these areas they/we do it as an afterthought and not in the present. It is important if to understand type.

Do we fail at life in these areas?

No, we just do it as an afterthought and not in the present moment.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Can you please give some everyday examples here?

Also what do you mean by 'external judgement' in this context?
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly, I think subtypes would also affect it, as in, for producing subtypes you'd have to switch all the judgement and perception ones since producing subtypes tend to have decent suggestives but awful PoLRs.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I'm producing subtype LII, and I think my external judgement is likely better than my external perception. Still waiting for some everyday examples to see if my own judgement about this is right.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    ENTj
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holds true for me as LIE. Any kind of personal internal judment about an external event I tend to regard as completely unsubstantiated.
    Obsequium amicos, veritas odium parit

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I lack both the interpersonal prowess of Fi and the magical logicks of Ti so I got a pretty shitty deal.

I don't doubt my perception of the inner or outer world by an iota. It's mainly my judgment, especially in external reality.

TIM
    IEI 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I definitely lack external perception the most out of the four so seems right for me!

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I took the general message of what you say is that we should all be nicer to everybody's flaws- because you can't help the way your brain was made or something- and in theory I could maybe jump in on that, but it is frustrating for other people when I attempt Te/Ti/Se/Si stuff, it's sluggish/slow and awkward and at the same time I roll my eyes at how unethical everybody else is and how they are not as righteous or good/pure/shiny as me and how their lack of Fe/Ni/Fi sometimes Ne failed in that situation. etc. with ESEs, I notice how they are using 'too much Fe' or putting the wrong emphasis on it. Nobody listens to each other, because we all think we are right and have the best answer.

And I feel like I shouldn't have to coddle people all the time to basically show more optimism and light hearted ness and be more Fe/playful and to not talk about grimdark serial killers 24/7 or something? (lol the other day this woman thought I was doing an impression of some killer she knew on a tv show but I was just literally fixing my hat...) or whatever the logical type is doing... and likewise they don't wanna baby me all day about my Te polr stuff. UNLESS THEY ARE MY DUAL. /swoons with maritsa.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I guess this can explain why you seek it (dual seeking function)
    For example ILI lacks Ne so they seek Se

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=DBlackGold;1161819]ILI doesn't lack Ne, they just don't like it/QUOTE]

well according to the OP theory ILI lacks external perception because they have Ne ignoring

I'm lacking love...type me.

Ah, I see, it's polr ethics >[

No it just means you are perfectly fine

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    I took the general message of what you say is that we should all be nicer to everybody's flaws- because you can't help the way your brain was made or something- and in theory I could maybe jump in on that, but it is frustrating for other people when I attempt Te/Ti/Se/Si stuff, it's sluggish/slow and awkward and at the same time I roll my eyes at how unethical everybody else is and how they are not as righteous or good/pure/shiny as me and how their lack of Fe/Ni/Fi sometimes Ne failed in that situation. etc. with ESEs, I notice how they are using 'too much Fe' or putting the wrong emphasis on it. Nobody listens to each other, because we all think we are right and have the best answer.

And I feel like I shouldn't have to coddle people all the time to basically show more optimism and light hearted ness and be more Fe/playful and to not talk about grimdark serial killers 24/7 or something? (lol the other day this woman thought I was doing an impression of some killer she knew on a tv show but I was just literally fixing my hat...) or whatever the logical type is doing... and likewise they don't wanna baby me all day about my Te polr stuff. UNLESS THEY ARE MY DUAL. /swoons with maritsa.
    Omg
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

External judgement because I was trying so hard this weekend to decide which eyeshadow palette to get my sister for xmass and with so many choices how can one decide so I asked an LSE and he decided the one saying "those colors don't appear in the other ones and look more wearable "
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How does IEE lack internal perception, more specifically? I am drawing a blank (maybe because I lack internal perception?)
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Eliza Thomason I just reread and the OP thinks the ignoring function is weak, when actually it's strong, and people just don't care about it as much.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    @Eliza Thomason I just reread and the OP thinks the ignoring function is weak, when actually it's strong, and people just don't care about it as much.
    You are obviously trolling! ;p Well, it is not weak and you can not really assign that term here.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    Ah, I see. (I do not understand ignoring function enough to make an intelligent comment here.)
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    You are obviously trolling! ;p Well, it is not weak and you can not really assign that term here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder
    But the fourth of them is the ignoring, or observing as some want to call it, is the point which we lack.

The ignoring function is usually described as something so obvious people don't see a need to focus on it, not something people lack.