TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    I thought pleasant was the feeling that you get from something
    I think in the U.S. we use "pleasant" in a farm more limited way, and usually, as you say, to describe how we personally find things to be. "It was a pleasant evening." Meaning it pleased me, I feel satisfied by it.

I think in the UK the word "pleasant" as Total used it means that you were smiling in a way as if to look pleasant to other people.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by goldenbane View Post
    I think in the U.S. we use "pleasant" in a farm more limited way, and usually, as you say, to describe how we personally find things to be. "It was a pleasant evening." Meaning it pleased me, I feel satisfied by it.

I think in the UK the word "pleasant" as Total used it means that you were smiling in a way as if to look pleasant to other people.
    okay understandable how about what I just quoted from his personal 80 question marathon?
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    okay understandable how about what I just quoted from his personal 80 question marathon?
    Mm, I had a hard time finding it because it wasn't treated as a quotation, but it must be this:

What is comfort?
    Feeling nice. But I have to say this is more mental than physical. I can be physically uncomfortable for a long time and that's fine but awkward situations kind of annoy me and make me feel uncomfortable. Some social situations are more uncomfortable than being on a twelve hour plane flight with a broken seat and no entertainment, for instance. That I can pass by, I can will myself through. Uncomfortable situations mentally or socially are more difficult to do that.
    I don't really know what to make of it, it doesn't mean much to me in itself. What does it mean to you?

I have noticed in chat that when people are behaving very poorly, total does get uncomfortable, at least in the sense that he would evidently rather people be rational toward one another. I have drawn no conclusions from this impulse, however.

As I said, I don't really have a type for him. I wanted some clarity regarding the specific use of "pleasant" and the context that led to this thread.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

imo i thought mari wasnt too far off on pure jung dichotomy (ISFP V ESFP) but in the ego detail its quite a big difference obviously. in retrospect i think part of the reason i found this thread confusing was that she and I seem to have very different understandings of language and how its used.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I once had an ISFp look at photos of two men, one of whom I was dating, one of whom was an outside "interest." She looked at one for a moment and said, more or less, "He's really cool, you can just tell he's a cool person, like that he would be fun to go do things with and would make you feel good about yourself." She looked at the other and made a face and said, "He's kind of like your ex, isn't he? He just gives me a bad feeling, like he'd be hard to deal with and kind of a wet blanket. He's square."
    This sounds like . Probably not .

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    i thought it was unusual because 'pleasant' is a static quality, not a judgment on whether something is nice or fake.
    I would ignore the whole "static" vs. "dynamic" thing, it's often misleading.

dark hair dark eyes, thin mouth full nose, mildly slavic in appearance, pronounced shoulderbones -- stare focused on camera, pleasant but not jolly... usually appears suprirsed
    Now this is mostly Se, with some Fe at the end. Se is about the objective appearance of something. "pleasant" is Si because it's about your personal reaction to how something is, rather than how it is objectively. In any case what you wrote is mostly Se, not Si.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by totalize View Post
    imo i thought mari wasnt too far off on pure jung dichotomy (ISFP V ESFP) but in the ego detail its quite a big difference obviously. in retrospect i think part of the reason i found this thread confusing was that she and I seem to have very different understandings of language and how its used.
    possibly
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by thehotelambush View Post
    Sure. Be that as it may, I'd be hard-pressed beyond belief to type that person anything other than . If I've obliquely forwarded an argument in this thread, it's that people don't always speak in terms of their preferred IEs. Being asked to assess people is tricky, and I think many people will be careful about what they say and how they say it if, for example, they aren't sure whether someone might get offended.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think is the one concerned with how someone/something will affect how you feel about yourself emotionally, psychologically, etc.? if you feel revulsion at someone and like they will just put you down all the time if you're with them, is that not coming from ? (imo, it is clearly )

i get so confused on the forum when people want to associate any way of being *affected* by something as . perhaps it is confusing because the feeling of aversion of some sort can be an end result from more than one IE? i.e. aversion itself isn't limited to the input of a single IE.

i'm not typing @goldenbane's person in this btw. SEI has strong too.

though i would like to get to the bottom of if how something is impacting you psychologically and awareness of that is or . ugh, or even - noting how it is getting worse and where it is leading.

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

ftr, I don't know how relevant this is, but when I saw golden's post I thought it was the sort of thing I would say/notice.

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    Okay Maritsa I don't want you to take this the wrong way but...

Your forum avatar picture feels like it's trolling me. Like you are jumping out at me in this cartoonishly funny way. I think Radio understood this well or something. It's like you are popping out in 3D. And ahhh you are just there!

I see EIE as a better type for you than EII.

I see why other people are bothered so much by you because in a such a raw base way, you are invading their boundaries? So simplistic but photos of you make it so clear. That's why I love images more than written psychoanalytical observations.
    That's not really what EIE does. I've seen the Si HA of EII manifest in this way in several EIIs however. For example they would randomly send me photos of personal stuff in full sensory detail that I didn't ask for. (No, not dick pics)

I'm attributing it to Si HA because it was always definitely some Si stuff that I didn't care for.

Not saying all EIIs do this btw, even though it's a strong trend - I don't know what else contributes to this.

But one thing is for sure... this isn't how you type someone EIE.

Quote Originally Posted by darya View Post
    Thanks a lot Myst It's not weird in itself, just the frequency he does it (otherwise I wouldn't even notice it) - like you said, it's like an excited little kid pointing at things Actually, I was deciding between SEE or SLI for this person (I'm pretty sure he's not Fe ego), but leaning towards first one - not based on these comments alone, but his interaction in group. He seems irrational and ethical, but I was wondering if this points towards Si.

About the faces - no, he just recognizes faces, not the details (at least I think - "oh, I recognize you from before, you're dating that girl I went to class with"... ). It's fascinating to me, because I'm very bad at it, unless someone is either super interesting, if I consciously stare at someone and decide I'm going to remember them or more likely, if I stare because I want to creepily VI them
    Np

Just curious - why are you sure he's not Fe ego?

Does he have a strong soc instinct by any chance?

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Please rephrase it in Si, I'd like to see what that looks like.

Now this is mostly Se, with some Fe at the end. Se is about the objective appearance of something. "pleasant" is Si because it's about your personal reaction to how something is, rather than how it is objectively. In any case what you wrote is mostly Se, not Si.
    Agreed, this is Se mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i think is the one concerned with how someone/something will affect how you feel about yourself emotionally, psychologically, etc.? if you feel revulsion at someone and like they will just put you down all the time if you're with them, is that not coming from ? (imo, it is clearly )

i get so confused on the forum when people want to associate any way of being *affected* by something as . perhaps it is confusing because the feeling of aversion of some sort can be an end result from more than one IE? i.e. aversion itself isn't limited to the input of a single IE.

i'm not typing @goldenbane's person in this btw. SEI has strong too.

though i would like to get to the bottom of if how something is impacting you psychologically and awareness of that is or . ugh, or even - noting how it is getting worse and where it is leading.
    Si would be sensory impression (the internal form of it). No more, no less.

Ni would be the more conceptual variant. You would not see much of the sensory impression, you would see the conceptual mainly. Much more removed.

Fi would be the judgment, not simply something you sense but you actually decide on how you personally feel about it, is it right, is it wrong, etc.

Aversion can be a so-called CE (control emotion) from any weak or devalued IE too.

As for revulsion as the example. You can observe the sensory "feeling" internally, you could sense the "feeling" itself and you would sense for example that it's not enjoyable physically, almost stressful, making you tired or something. This would be the Si. If you consider the person more, you can create a personal conviction where you feel that you need to avoid them. That would be the Fi version of the revulsion.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Myst View Post
    As for revulsion as the example. You can observe the sensory "feeling" internally, you could sense the "feeling" itself and you would sense for example that it's not enjoyable physically, almost stressful, making you tired or something. This would be the Si. If you consider the person more, you can create a personal conviction where you feel that you need to avoid them. That would be the Fi version of the revulsion.
    to me "stressful" is a psychological feeling. like for instance having to copy and paste off a long list of stuff is "stressful" because i might start making numerous errors and getting distracted by my other thoughts losing track of where i was (the feeling of not getting anywhere can be stressful). it feels stressful in my mind. sometimes expectations could affect this. for instance if one is trying to finish something and their objectives are thwarted, it is stressful. emotions of irritation, frustration, or annoyance may be produced probably in response to strain. this was kind of my point in my other thread... these are not physical sensations - they are experienced in one's mind only.

anyway the above isn't , but a feeling of repulsion regarding who an individual is by looking at their picture i think, is. you feel a lack of interpersonal affinity with that person in other words. and if you ask yourself why, your mind may provide something quite specific in response. but initially it is "a bad feeling" about someone. this feeling (as i mean it) is also in the mind/emotions only. it's not like a feeling of gut wrenching pain or something. but that was my other point, even if it *were* experienced physically, it still is in essence the same information. whether you feel a great stab in your intestines telling you "i can't trust this person!" or a feeling of emotional unease or a series of associations regarding other similar people you couldn't trust or a series of images in which said person shoves a panda bear off a cliff - all of it is in essence is still originating with and an immediate sense of "oh shit" about someone. so there is a personal feeling judgment being made, and it's immediate. (though i guess there's more in that than only - but the character assessment based on affinity or lack of to one personally is definitely involved, and without it you couldn't get such a strong "bad feeling" overall.)

i think one possible issue with how i cover these things is that i have a perceiving IE as the primary way in which i process everything - so i will in a sense experience everything in terms of psychological feelings of some sort: use of rational elements comes after and is simply further defining and filtering perception from a perceiving IE. because the perceiving IE is leading, all input from rational elements may sometimes simply "feel" as though it is just raw perception/impression (again - i experience that in my mind/thoughts/emotions). (though i kind of thought this was how all people work, fundamentally maybe...)

disclaimer: i don't fully agree with myself - there is something "off" in what i have said and i remain dissatisfied with this post.
    Last edited by marooned; 10-21-2016 at 11:20 PM. Reason: to make it more convoluted ofc

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    to me "stressful" is a psychological feeling. like for instance having to copy and paste off a long list of stuff is "stressful" because i might start making numerous errors and getting distracted by my other thoughts losing track of where i was (the feeling of not getting anywhere can be stressful). it feels stressful in my mind. sometimes expectations could affect this. for instance if one is trying to finish something and their objectives are thwarted, it is stressful. emotions of irritation, frustration, or annoyance may be produced probably in response to strain. this was kind of my point in my other thread... these are not physical sensations - they are experienced in one's mind only.
    For me it's not in my mind. It's not as detached as that but more visceral. If I ever choose to consciously focus on such Si things for a second. (Usually it goes on autopilot)

So I find it interesting you chose to phrase that like that.

anyway the above isn't , but a feeling of repulsion regarding who an individual is by looking at their picture i think, is. you feel a lack of interpersonal affinity with that person in other words. and if you ask yourself why, your mind may provide something quite specific in response. but initially it is "a bad feeling" about someone. this feeling (as i mean it) is also in the mind/emotions only. it's not like a feeling of gut wrenching pain or something. but that was my other point, even if it *were* experienced physically, it still is in essence the same information. whether you feel a great stab in your intestines telling you "i can't trust this person!" or a feeling of emotional unease or a series of associations regarding other similar people you couldn't trust or a series of images in which said person shoves a panda bear off a cliff - all of it is in essence is still originating with and an immediate sense of "oh shit" about someone. so there is a personal feeling judgment being made, and it's immediate. (though i guess there's more in that than only - but the character assessment based on affinity or lack of to one personally is definitely involved, and without it you couldn't get such a strong "bad feeling" overall.)
    Yeah, I don't have much against what you are saying here. Though if I ever have this, it's again more visceral for me. The judging part is what makes it Fi specifically, if it's more than just a sensed impression being experienced.

i think one possible issue with how i cover these things is that i have a perceiving IE as the primary way in which i process everything - so i will in a sense experience everything in terms of psychological feelings of some sort: use of rational elements comes after and is simply further defining and filtering perception from a perceiving IE. because the perceiving IE is leading, all input from rational elements may sometimes simply "feel" as though it is just raw perception/impression (again - i experience that in my mind/thoughts/emotions). (though i kind of thought this was how all people work, fundamentally maybe...)
    That makes sense.

disclaimer: i don't fully agree with myself - there is something "off" in what i have said and i remain dissatisfied with this post.
    It's ok, nearly all Socionics is like that Complex shit.

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

the fake eye smile thing I'm thinking about it so deeply... I've seen so many women do that, like when they were really offended, but felt like they had to keep the peace and not fight back or say anything. I feel so bad for that, and I am really not trying to be some white knight social justice type either. It just sucks, that so many males are assholes at times to them, yet because they are a woman, they have to keep the peace, and sit there and smile. It's like on the verge of cracking and becoming violent. And I think... a lot of women eventually break and do that. Because they just can't be some perfect housewife martyr mommy. Then you get women the opposite of that. That never know how to be kind, at all. Not forced kindness when it's not appropriate, but at all. Ever. And their relationships suffer just the same. There is like these two extreme types women go through. Women... women... women... women... women.

okay I don't know why I'm thinking about this so seriously.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bullets View Post
    the fake eye smile thing I'm thinking about it so deeply... I've seen so many women do that, like when they were really offended, but felt like they had to keep the peace and not fight back or say anything. I feel so bad for that, and I am really not trying to be some white knight social justice type either. It just sucks, that so many males are assholes at times to them, yet because they are a woman, they have to keep the peace, and sit there and smile. It's like on the verge of cracking and becoming violent. And I think... a lot of women eventually break and do that. Because they just can't be some perfect housewife martyr mommy. Then you get women the opposite of that. That never know how to be kind, at all. Not forced kindness when it's not appropriate, but at all. Ever. And their relationships suffer just the same. There is like these two extreme types women go through. Women... women... women... women... women.

okay I don't know why I'm thinking about this so seriously.
    I don't think "a lot" of women crack and become violent, and I know only a handful of women who exist at just one end of an extreme in terms of nice/not nice. You're trying to understand, but you're not seeing what women are actually like. You're limited by stereotypical ideas here.
    Last edited by golden; 10-23-2016 at 05:50 PM.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure. Be that as it may, I'd be hard-pressed beyond belief to type that person anything other than . If I've obliquely forwarded an argument in this thread, it's that people don't always speak in terms of their preferred IEs. Being asked to assess people is tricky, and I think many people will be careful about what they say and how they say it if, for example, they aren't sure whether someone might get offended.
    Sure, I agree with that.

Please rephrase it in Si, I'd like to see what that looks like.
    Hmm. it seems difficult to describe appearance purely using Si. But you might experience it as a mental state when viewing a gross image of someone puking, for example, or something more mildly gross like a woman wearing a ton of makeup. The main difference is that you're not attributing qualities to the person themself, it's just your visceral reaction to them (not on an emotional level but a physical level). A more positive example might be something like "that's a nice shirt," but even that might have some Se in it.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Sure, I agree with that.

Hmm. it seems difficult to describe appearance purely using Si. But you might experience it as a mental state when viewing a gross image of someone puking, for example, or something more mildly gross like a woman wearing a ton of makeup. The main difference is that you're not attributing qualities to the person themself, it's just your visceral reaction to them (not on an emotional level but a physical level). A more positive example might be something like "that's a nice shirt," but even that might have some Se in it.
    Si is beauty, so saying that someone is beautiful is Si

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Si is beauty, so saying that someone is beautiful is Si
    It's not that simple...Se is also about beauty.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll give another example of the same SEI friend I described earlier. I mentioned this in chat once, sorry for any repeats.

She liked to go into shops with me and she'd initiate a kind of activity, "Which of these things do you like the best?" She'd say, "What thing do you like best on this shelf?" "Which of these 12 scarves do you prefer?" "What's your favorite toaster? (if there were several together on display)." She was avidly interested in my preference but didn't really seem care why I liked a thing.

She seemed to get a lot of information from my unvarnished preferences. Se doms I've been close to also like to look at things with me, but that seems to go differently . . .

And no, she isn't ego, sorry.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Ghost @thehotelambush I thought beauty had more to do with and , a bit to do with depending on what's beautiful, and usually nothing to do with ...

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    @Ghost @thehotelambush I thought beauty had more to do with and , a bit to do with depending on what's beautiful, and usually nothing to do with ...
    Si is the beauty function. Hence why you see more Se ego that dont care what they look like and are fat, than si egos. If you ser overweight si egos they look good anyways because they take care of themselves in other ways and care to make themselves look good.

Physical beauty (music is counted into this) has nothing to do with the ethical functions. If you have an ethical si valuing type they will be more sensitive to and moved by beautiful art than lets say EIE. As a SEI 4 I am extremely sensitive to beautiful music especially. When I was in choir and we sang a new song(doesnt happen when we sang any song, but the beautiful ones), when we put all the parts together it sounded so beautiful i almost teared up a little, and when other people around me also are thinking like "wow this sounds amazing" that makes me even more moved. Those times in music are like a religious experience for me.
    EIEs are usually into poetry rather than visual or performing arts.
    Last edited by maniac; 10-23-2016 at 07:06 AM.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I'll give another example of the same SEI friend I described earlier. I mentioned this in chat once, sorry for any repeats.

She liked to go into shops with me and she'd initiate a kind of activity, "Which of these things do you like the best?" She'd say, "What thing do you like best on this shelf?" "Which of these 12 scarves do you prefer?" "What's your favorite toaster? (if there were several together on display)." She was avidly interested in my preference but didn't really seem care why I liked a thing.

She seemed to get a lot of information from my unvarnished preferences. Se doms I've been close to also like to look at things with me, but that seems to go differently . . .

And no, she isn't ego, sorry.
    That sounds excrutiatingly boring. I get excited when ive found some amazing song that takes me to another world, and I might tell my friend that you have to listen to this.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Verbrannte View Post
    I would say it mostly has to do with , , and . It's a complicated topic.

I also don't necessarily agree that "you see more Se ego that dont care what they look like and are fat, than si egos." At least, this is not totally clear. Maybe more of them are fat but my understanding is that this is more out of neglect of their health and wellbeing than appearance per se. In any case there are far more Se leading types that consciously think "I want to / have to look good" than Si leading types.

I wrote a bit about the Si and Se approaches to beauty here. Basically,

Se = information about the external, objective appearance of things. Involves animalistic and/or sexual attraction and desire to "conquer" or acquire the beautiful object or person
    Si = information about aesthetics or how things affect one's equilibrium. Involves a feeling of pleasantness or relaxation vs grossness.
    Fe = information about style, flair, uniqueness, etc. Not strictly about how things look but it can be closely related.

TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    That sounds excrutiatingly boring. I get excited when ive found some amazing song that takes me to another world, and I might tell my friend that you have to listen to this.
    Understandable.

It was actually lovely for me because she was so quietly enthusiastic and paid such close attention to me. Normally people don't care as much or really take the time to consider the objects around us, and how they affect us. She taught me a lot about the personal aspects of taste, and I'm grateful for that.

TIM
    EIE-Ni 3w4 sx
    Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

Np

Just curious - why are you sure he's not Fe ego?

Does he have a strong soc instinct by any chance?
    Because his Fe use isn't nuanced enough to be in his ego. Also the way he interacts with group of friends and the particular criteria he assesses people's character on shows Fi valuing imo. I'm more or less sure he's Te/Fi altogether.

I've no idea about the soc instict - could be.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's funny that you say that...there is some Ne involved there too.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say it mostly has to do with , , and . It's a complicated topic.

I also don't necessarily agree that "you see more Se ego that dont care what they look like and are fat, than si egos." At least, this is not totally clear. Maybe more of them are fat but my understanding is that this is more out of neglect of their health and wellbeing than appearance per se. In any case there are far more Se leading types that consciously think "I want to / have to look good" than Si leading types.

I wrote a bit about the Si and Se approaches to beauty here. Basically,

Se = information about the external, objective appearance of things. Involves animalistic and/or sexual attraction and desire to "conquer" or acquire the beautiful object or person
    Si = information about aesthetics or how things affect one's equilibrium. Involves a feeling of pleasantness or relaxation vs grossness.
    Fe = information about style, flair, uniqueness, etc. Not strictly about how things look but it can be closely related.
    Another thing I've noticed is that when people use the word "beautiful" in a more abstract sense it's really meant to convey . "what a beautiful poem", "a beautiful gift", "a beautiful experience", etc. -- all things that ESEs and EIEs are likely to say but you'll never hear an SLI say. Maybe it just has to do with using superlatives / conveying a reaction in general?

TIM
    9w8
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another thing I've noticed is that when people use the word "beautiful" in a more abstract sense it's really meant to convey . "what a beautiful poem", "a beautiful gift", "a beautiful experience", etc. -- all things that ESEs and EIEs are likely to say but you'll never hear an SLI say. Maybe it just has to do with using superlatives / conveying a reaction in general?
    You're right I can't recall ever hearing the word beautiful coming from a SLI...!

TIM
    LSI-Se sx
    Mentioned
    510 Post(s)
    Tagged
    25 Thread(s)

Right. In that 80q too, a lot of the Si is Si+Fe.

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wacey View Post
    You're right I can't recall ever hearing the word beautiful coming from a SLI...!
    This always makes everything especially awkward for SLIs in German-speaking regions who want to say things like "thank you" and "you're welcome".

(To be fair, I don't think he literally means never, but then, this is the guy who classifies all sloppy writers as EIE, because we all know how sloppy notoriously horrible writers like Shakespeare, Goethe, and Thomas Mann are... ).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12