ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Relational Psychology Test

Consider all of these five things happening at once:
    The baby is crying.
    The clothes are hanging outside and it has started to rain.
    The water is running from the tap.
    The doorbell is ringing.
    The phone is ringing.

List what you will do first, then second and so on.
    (This situation is unlikely but for the sake of the test, consider it realistic.)

For example, your list could look like this: phone > tap > baby > clothes > door.

Each action reflects the priorities that you have set in your life.
    For example: If the first thing that you did was to answer the phone, then your biggest priority in life would be your career and job. Similarly, if the fourth thing that you did was to attend to the baby, then your fourth priority would be your family.

Action Priority
    Attend to the baby Family
    Pick up the clothes Sex
    Switching the tap off Wealth
    See who's at the door Friends and Relatives
    Answer the phone Career / Job

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Idk about the validity but I felt 100% exposed by this

Mentioned
    912 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

Family>wealth>friends and relatives>sex>career

The correlations kinda make sense except the sex one? Some of this is just practical tho... why would you run outside and spend 10 minutes taking the clothes off the line before taking 2 seconds to turn the faucet off?

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

If the baby was young, I would definitely see to the baby first.

Then the doorbell.

Depending on how heavy the rain seems while in the doorway and/or based on my knowledge of the weather forecast, I might ask the person at the door to help me bring in the clothes (presuming I know them quite well).

The proximity of the tap to such routes would obviously affect the extent to which I would bother turning it off, as it would the rate of the water. Potentially having to wash clothes again or dry them out would be far less of a concern than a running tap.

If the phone is ringing, I would wonder why they had not sent me an e-mail etc.

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

So it's impossible to get to the clothes before the doorbell because the clothes are outside
    anyway
    Phone first because we don't live in 80s it's not like you have to go somewhere, it's always near, like in pocket or something
    Baby
    Doorbell
    Clothes
    Tap water
    Career / Job> Family> Friends and Relatives> Sex> Wealth

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

And why the fuck clothes-sex
    Maybe its the prostitute I ordered who is ringing the bell

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lungs View Post

The correlations kinda make sense except the sex one? Some of this is just practical tho... why would you run outside and spend 10 minutes taking the clothes off the line before taking 2 seconds to turn the faucet off?
    Agreed, clothes are my last priority since they will dry again

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Grab clothes since the baby is in the crib and safe for the moment. I will be quick. (I use a dryer so this would never happen but anyway seems logical)
    Drop laundry basket on floor then turn of water since it only takes a second and on the way to the baby's room.
    pick up the baby
    check the phone, probably ignore it
    Look out the window, probably ignore unless it is family or a friend. Too many Jehovah Witnesses target my neighborhood.

I am not sure if this is very telling of my priorities though.

Sex is definitely not my top priority.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I thought the water should have been first after I posted but I pictured myself at the door already so now the sink is across the counter because when I noticed it looked like rain I forgot about the water and ran to the door. That is when the baby started crying. lol I imagined a downpour coming and the thought of rewashing seemed like too much effort. A lot of my clothes are delicate cycle stuff and light so it only took me a minute to pull them all down and leave them on the kitchen floor in a basket.

When I try to imagine all these things happening simultaneously I feel overwhelmed so I put my own split second delay before events occurred.

If I were being logical I might have taken more time to answer.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tap > clothes > door > baby > phone

Clearly the tap is first because it will only take a few seconds and I hate wasting water.
    The clothes next because you don't want them to get soaked obviously.
    The phone can wait; it's always possible to call them back. Clearly the door comes before that. It's debatable whether to answer the door before getting the clothes. I might check the door to see if it's someone I know and could leave in the house for a few minutes while getting the clothes (or better, get them to help me get the clothes ).
    Babies seem to cry at any chance and it's probably not something urgent so it can probably wait a few minutes. (Disclaimer: I don't have any personal experience caring for babies so this could be wrong. Maybe it would be a good idea to at least look first to make sure it's nothing serious.)

"The correlations kinda make sense except the sex one?"

This.

I've been waiting for you Satan's Avatar
    TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Consider all of these five things happening at once:
    The baby is crying.
    The clothes are hanging outside and it has started to rain.
    The water is running from the tap.
    The doorbell is ringing.
    The phone is ringing.

List what you will do first, then second and so on.
    (This situation is unlikely but for the sake of the test, consider it realistic.)

For example, your list could look like this: phone > tap > baby > clothes > door.

Each action reflects the priorities that you have set in your life.
    For example: If the first thing that you did was to answer the phone, then your biggest priority in life would be your career and job. Similarly, if the fourth thing that you did was to attend to the baby, then your fourth priority would be your family.

Action Priority
    Attend to the baby Family
    Pick up the clothes Sex
    Switching the tap off Wealth
    See who's at the door Friends and Relatives
    Answer the phone Career / Job

baby >

clothes >

water >

doorbell >

phone

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sex > wealth > friends > career > family

I think that list is generally accurate for where I'm currently at in life.

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

I don't see why the tap one is associated with wealth either (compared to say, the clothes one, or the phone call or doorbell ones). The value of the water wasted in monetary terms is likely to be minimal.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1. Turn off the tap (that'll only take a couple of seconds).
    2. Pick up and comfort the baby.
    3. Phones are annoying. Open the door.
    4. If the phone rings two more times, it's probably important. So ask the person at the door to hold on while I answer it.
    5. Go get the laundry. Maybe the person who stopped by can help me since one arm is holding a baby.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    LSE
    Mentioned
    383 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

why would you run outside and spend 10 minutes taking the clothes off the line before taking 2 seconds to turn the faucet off?

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    So it's impossible to get to the clothes before the doorbell because the clothes are outside
    anyway
    My clothesline is in the back yard. Visitors don't come to the back door.

Quote Originally Posted by Anglas View Post
    Phone first because we don't live in 80s it's not like you have to go somewhere, it's always near, like in pocket or something
    Speak for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    Grab clothes since the baby is in the crib and safe for the moment.
    I'd assumed I left my baby on the floor.

LSE
    1-6-2 so/sx
    Johari Nohari

Quote Originally Posted by Ritella View Post
    Over here, we'll put up with (almost) all of your crap. You just have to use the secret phrase: "I don't value it. It's related to <insert random element here>, which is not in my quadra."
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquagraph View Post
    Abbie is so boring and rigid it's awesome instead of boring and rigid. She seems so practical and down-to-the-ground.

TIM
    ZGM
    Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wealth > family > career > friends & relatives > sex

the test assumes that when you turn off the tap, you're doing so because you want to save money. meanwhile i chose it first because it was the easiest task to complete (it would take, what? 5-10 seconds max) and i didn't want the sound to distract me while i was completing other tasks. i chose the baby second for what i hope are obvious reasons, and the phone third because i assumed this was a horror movie scenario and the person at the door was a bad guy and the person on the phone was trying to warn me about him, but then i hesitated for a moment and thought, "well, what if the person at the door is trying to confirm i'm home with the phone call, distract me with the doorbell ringing, both of which are meant to act as decoys while he sneaks in through the backdoor/window/etc?" the clothes were the last thing on my mind.

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by circles are neat View Post
    and the phone third because i assumed this was a horror movie scenario and the person at the door was a bad guy and the person on the phone was trying to warn me about him, but then i hesitated for a moment and thought, "well, what if the person at the door is trying to confirm i'm home with the phone call, distract me with the doorbell ringing, both of which are meant to act as decoys while he sneaks in through the backdoor/window/etc?"

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by circles are neat View Post
    wealth > family > career > friends & relatives > sex

the test assumes that when you turn off the tap, you're doing so because you want to save money. meanwhile i chose it first because it was the easiest task to complete (it would take, what? 5-10 seconds max) and i didn't want the sound to distract me while i was completing other tasks. i chose the baby second for what i hope are obvious reasons, and the phone third because i assumed this was a horror movie scenario and the person at the door was a bad guy and the person on the phone was trying to warn me about him, but then i hesitated for a moment and thought, "well, what if the person at the door is trying to confirm i'm home with the phone call, distract me with the doorbell ringing, both of which are meant to act as decoys while he sneaks in through the backdoor/window/etc?" the clothes were the last thing on my mind.
    Same arrangement, but I didn't suspect some conspiracy going on with the phone About the clothes, it also depends on where they hang. If it's the balcony and the door is open, this is the second thing you can do when looking for the fastest way to cover all 5.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am thinking sex should be intimacy. I would be ok with that. I do not value "sex" first but intimacy seems likely.

YWIMW

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Agreed, clothes are my last priority since they will dry again
    the phone will ring again, baby will cry again, door will ring again.

TIM
    sle sp/sx 845
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    baby >

clothes >

water >

doorbell >

phone
    fuck it, i'll give my reasoning. there was no reason to change the order.

if you don't shut a baby up they'll piss you off intrusively while trying to do other things.

clothes if you have to rewash your clothes it takes a considerable amount of time.

water, it's only water, it's not likely to do any damage in a short term but it can be kind of annoying if other stuff isn't happening of higher priority.

doorbell, well hopefully they'll go away, but maybe they're here for some honest reason. i tend to notice people before they ring bell or something, so obviously must be busy with other stuff. and phone, well caller id means i can just call them back.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Satan View Post
    the phone will ring again, baby will cry again, door will ring again.

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I thought this was easy. You have no obligation to answer the door, or the phone, so scratch those immediately. Water is very very cheap. Babies cry all the time, but getting clothes wet requires you to wash them again which is time consuming.

Clothes > Baby > Water > Door > Phone

edit: LOL

edit2: re-reading the thread I think the best strategy is actually to turn the tap off (because like someone said its a 5 second task), pick up the phone (IF its someone you know) & tell them you will call them back, while you are bringing the clothes in, look through the eyehole to the door to see who it is: if you know them well take care of them at the same time as the baby and if you dont know them well pretend they aren't there.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tap>door>clothes>phone>baby

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1. Turn off the water. It just takes a couple of seconds and could prevent major damage later on. I'm making the assumption here that there is a steady stream of water running out of the tap, which could lead to overflow and potential water damage if not attended to. If just a couple of drips here and there in no danger of overflow, then I'd move it to the bottom.
    2. Take care of the crying baby.
    3. Clothes (if there was a way I could sneak out without being seen by the 'intruder' knocking on my door)

The phone and the door I would only attend too if I knew who was calling or knocking. Otherwise I just ignore them.

Suppose I knew who was knocking and who was calling, then my order would be:

1. Water
    2. Baby
    3. Door (while trying to calm down the crying baby)
    4. Phone (I could just call the person back after the baby calmed down)
    5. Clothes (not as important, they could always dry in the house if they had too.)

Maybe I'd switch #4 and 5 around.

So apparently my priorities are: wealth > family > friends > career > sex
    In real life it's probably more like: Family > career > friends > wealth > sex
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr inappropriate View Post
    tap>door>clothes>phone>baby

You're gonna get jail time for child neglect.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

friends and relatives > family > career/job > sex > wealth

Pretty much accurate except I'd probably swap wealth and sex.

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

wealth>career>friends>sex>family

Tap first because it is the quickest, phone second because I can hold it while answering the door a the same time and tell whoever is there to hold on until I get the clothes and then return to door and then do baby last because its just noise which I can ignore until I do the other things.

Fuck my family I guess.
    Last edited by Muddy; 10-25-2016 at 07:55 AM.

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muddytextures View Post
    Fuck my family I guess.
    You're going to jail for incest!

TIM
    Who knows