User Tag List

Thread: Hi, I am new here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hi, I am new here

Hi, I am new to this site. I know a bit about a few typing systems, mostly the mbti and enneagram. I came here to improve my currently very limited understanding of socionics. I took an interest in type for the same reasons most of you did, to learn about myself, people in general, to hopefully better understand yourself and improve your life in some area. I do think type can help improve a person's life and I am looking for clues as to what I should actually be doing on this big blue orb. Thanks to anyone that shows interest and I look forward to the interesting conversations ahead. Take care.

Sloth

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Welcome!
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Hi, I am new to this site. I know a bit about a few typing systems, mostly the mbti and enneagram. I came here to improve my currently very limited understanding of socionics. I took an interest in type for the same reasons most of you did, to learn about myself, people in general, to hopefully better understand yourself and improve your life in some area. I do think type can help improve a person's life and I am looking for clues as to what I should actually be doing on this big blue orb. Thanks to anyone that shows interest and I look forward to the interesting conversations ahead. Take care.

Sloth
    But is it really an orb? Perhaps its not an orb, but a flat, stationary surface, and a sea that's level, not curved or upside-down, with a domed glass-like firmament above, with the stars enclosed, and all zooming around a central north star.

But anyway I want to say, welcome! MBTI letters sometimes convert right to Socionics, and sometimes not. Did you check out that out for your type, and how did it look?

When you are sure of your type and the types of some others in your life, it really is great to see which of the 16 relation types you have been in with these people. I always use this chart, because its the first one I used, but there is probably one on our site somewhere, too.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    But is it really an orb? Perhaps its not an orb, but a flat, stationary surface, and a sea that's level, not curved or upside-down, with a domed glass-like firmament above, with the stars enclosed, and all zooming around a central north star.

But anyway I want to say, welcome! MBTI letters sometimes convert right to Socionics, and sometimes not. Did you check out that out for your type, and how did it look?

When you are sure of your type and the types of some others in your life, it really is great to see which of the 16 relation types you have been in with these people. I always use this chart, because its the first one I used, but there is probably one on our site somewhere, too.
    Thanks so much! I will compare and contrast what I think my mbti type is and compare it to the socionics type. I will check out that chart. I filled out the questionnaire for the, what's my type forum but no one has responded yet. We will see if anyone actually wants to read through all of that, hahaha! Thanks again.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sloth View Post
    Thanks so much! I will compare and contrast what I think my mbti type is and compare it to the socionics type. I will check out that chart. I filled out the questionnaire for the, what's my type forum but no one has responded yet. We will see if anyone actually wants to read through all of that, hahaha! Thanks again.
    Click on "Articles" (on the blue bar, above) and then on that page, look on the left side under "Categories" for your type. Look for the type you think you are (linked also with a 3-letter Socionics name) and click on that. You'll see pages of articles by different Socionics authors, including some VI pictures by Filtova, and an article on the male and one on the female of your type. Some are bad translations from Russian so you have to bear with it.
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eliza Thomason View Post
    Click on "Articles" (on the blue bar, above) and then on that page, look on the left side under "Categories" for your type. Look for the type you think you are (linked also with a 3-letter Socionics name) and click on that. You'll see pages of articles by different Socionics authors, including some VI pictures by Filtova, and an article on the male and one on the female of your type. Some are bad translations from Russian so you have to bear with it.
    Thank you so much for all the help and right away! It is much appreciated.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Hi!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chips and underwear View Post
    Welcome!

Thank you for the greeting! It is very kind of you! I love your avatar!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    Hi!
    Hello, thank you for the greeting!