Thread: The Meadow Exercise

TIM
    LII-Ne
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default The Meadow Exercise

This is really simple to do. Take about 20-30 seconds to picture a meadow in your head. Write whatever comes to mind and don't censor anything. There are no right or wrong answers.

Click on the spoiler below for the interpretation.

This is testing for static vs. dynamic. Static types (Ixxj and Exxp) will tend to perceive the meadow as a still picture. There is absence of movement. Or conversely, if there is movement, it's a sudden jump from one state to another without a smooth transition. Dynamic types (Exxj and Ixxp) will most likely visualize more movement and it will be videolike- smoothly transitioning from one state to another, ever changing.
    LII-Ne with strong EII tendencies, 6w7-9w1-3w4 so/sp/sx, INxP

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What I imagined was 15 seconds of me laying in the grass and feeling it and then another 15 seconds of the grass moving backward and forward from the wind in a GIF-like image.

TIM
    Eii
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I pictured it, it jumped back and forth between winter/summer/spring(like a glitch or something). Cool exercise

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

My mental imagery morphs. What started as a meadow, rotated then morphed into other images but the transitions were pretty smooth. I could say it jumps from scene to scene but that isn't correct because there is always some transitional movement. An image might flip inside out or zoom in to reveal a close up of an object then change into another object. Sometimes slow but others are too fast for me to describe or recognize every image that is morphing. I find it harder to keep a still image in my mind for long which made meditation, in a traditional way, harder for me.

Here are some simple illustration of what I am trying to describe.

The second is probably way faster and less smooth than I would normally experience a visualization but I didn't take much time looking for examples.

Edit: I had to delete the second one. It was making me queasy but when I see it in my mind I don't get queasy. :/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

it's ok, everything will be fine totalize's Avatar
    TIM
    NAPOLEON
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

what I imagined was a still day with slow, steady movement; clouds slowly drifting, rabbits hopping irregularly, flowers blowing weakly in the breeze. hardly either static or dynamic.
    CETERUM AUTEM CENSEO WASHINGTON D.C. ESSE DELENDAM

TIM
    IEI-Fe (9)62 sx/?
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Third party perspective of tree, plus grass moving in the wind. Very sunny day, very green plants.
    Reason is a whore.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dynamic. Gotta be honest: A whole scenario of me making out with my certain someone on the grass started playing in my head when I read "don't censor anything". My fantasy was being extra and added some details (slight breeze, blades of grass were swaying, chirping of crickets in the background). The fantasy ended when I realized that I should become filthy rich writing romance novels.