Thread: Responsibility using Socionics knowledge

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Responsibility using Socionics knowledge

If you find people you know that are in relationships that is not beneficial in ITR, for example a friend of you are supervisee which can sometimes be a 'trap' relationship. Or if you can match up two people who are dual or other beneficial ITR.

What im trying to say is, do you use your Socionics knowledge for 'good'?

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1555 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    If you find people you know that are in relationships that is not beneficial in ITR, for example a friend of you are supervisee which can sometimes be a 'trap' relationship. Or if you can match up two people who are dual or other beneficial ITR.

In the two years that I have been becoming familiar with Socionics, I have seen several couples in relationships which were not socionically predicted to be good for them.

In a few cases, I stupidly told one of the partners that they were not well suited to their partner, and vice versa. That the fault was not with either of them, but was rather with the way they related to each other. Predictably, the women did not thank me for this. And after they broke up, the women hated me for this. So now, no matter how badly matched a couple might be, I say nothing.

(For all of those Fi- and Fe-doms reading this and thinking "Adam is a complete idiot", please explain to me why the second law of thermodynamics will eventually fall, or not, and if you don't have a clue then we can talk about the other person's obvious inability to see the obvious.)

I have also seen people who were duals or semi-duals in close proximity, and I have sometimes suggested that they talk to each other more, because they might get along well, but the results here have been mixed. Some couples come to really, really like each other, and some seem fairly indifferent to each other.

What I have found from all of this is that human attraction is a fairly complex business, and is not entirely explained by Socionics. Socionics can certainly play a very important part, but it is not the entire story. @SisOfNight has some good things to say about this in her blogs.

I now use my socionics knowledge to personally avoid romantic relationships which are predicted to be bad for me. I've done some experimentation, and I have found that Socionics is pretty good at predicting what goes right and what goes wrong in my own relationships. I do get along, sometimes pretty well, with many types where the interactions are predicted to be less than good, but I have also found that when push comes to shove, the strains in the relationship are pretty much those predicted by Socionics. I can choose to ignore these strains for the sake of harmony, but they are strains, and I feel that for a long term relationship, who needs the stress?
    Last edited by Adam Strange; 08-30-2016 at 04:17 PM.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I focus on my own compatibility as well. The relationships of other people are their responsibility and not mine. I might internally assess them to increase my Socionics knowledge but stay out of their business unless they ask for my advice. And even then... intrinsic motivation + comfort zone > extrinsic motivation + external opinion.

Knowing that my PoLR distorts my judgement of people's emotions (my Fi does know how they relate to one another but that doesn't help when I convey my points), I prefer to mind my own agenda either way. I've already hurt so many without intent but didn't even realise that. So I'm very cautious. Socionics as a way of self-improvement is my way of being responsible instead.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone I've met has felt fully at liberty to make damning judgments of me before I can say a word to them, based on something as simple as the way I move my body. The disgusting part is that my own constant condemnation from humanity isn't what the world at large considers the outrage -- to most of human society, the outrage is that I'm out in the world among them instead of in an institution or a concentration camp.

I can't help but to physically cringe every time I see some ethical type dance into a Socionics or Ennagram discussion warning of the perils of said typology system, how it prevents one from seeing other people as "people." No one has ever seen me as a person. Likewise, I see no reason to view people as anything but objects. An eye for an eye.

I see no reason to refrain from using such a system as Socionics to place similar, often far more merciful, prejudices upon them.
    Last edited by Grendel; 08-30-2016 at 05:44 PM.

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always observe first and if the person seems happy and fine then I leave it for now. But if I see signs that Socionics also predict and the future looks bad I might start to try to interfere in ways. But never direct since it is up to the person to deal with her or his own life. Unless the person ask for my advice sure.

For one thing if my presence can "neutralize" the supervisors strong influence on the supervice Im happy to do so.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

For one thing if my presence can "neutralize" the supervisors strong influence on the supervice Im happy to do so.
    That's also a good point right there. Some NF types do this almost subconsciously. My ENFp-Fi friend manages to orchestrate this all the time (the cherry on top: he's a harmonizing subtype in DCNH).

Same with duality. A very shy IEI girl in my seminar will miraculously begin to interact (aka dualize) with the problematic SLE guy when he starts arguing against Delta members. None of them know about Socionics but it works out somehow, no outward influence needed.

Having actual typology knowledge, assembling groups that get along well is also a nice option, then.

Socionics are super applicable in the workplace, when you're the one in charge and know how to type employees accurately (this is important), assigning work will be much more well-adjusted to a person's strength and therefore productive/fun.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Melodies from Mars~
    Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Some guy asked me what I was into and I brought Socionics up, and long story short I ended up telling him he was an ISTj, with his consent. He just said "Cool."

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I use it to manipulate foolish mortals into gladiator deathmatches arranged by type.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

When people are in close relations they know about each other what you may say by types.
    If some people are not in relations, seek them and you may help by pointing on someone with good IR (and other good traits) - it's ok to do it.

Also take into account, with average match <20% you may mistake about types of those people. If you'll mess with much close types like conflictor vs dual or activator - the result will be opposite.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I question whether steering other people into duality relationships is the ultimate 'good'. Other intertypes have their purposes, no?

Where do you draw the line yourself? Is 'good' duality and activity, to stay in one's own quadra, and every other intertype = 'bad'?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alioth View Post
    I see no reason to refrain from using such a system as Socionics to place similar, often far more merciful, prejudices upon them.
    an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind : P

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
    I use it to manipulate foolish mortals into gladiator deathmatches arranged by type.
    I want to see the EII-SLE death match.