Thread: I saw P!nk today on the subway

Jesus is the cruel sausage consentingadult's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I saw P!nk today on the subway

Or sort of: a young SLE woman who resembled her very much, and even wore the 'provocative' kind of clothing P!nk is known for.

The only thing that kept me from getting up and start a conversation was the fact that she was probably 20 years younger than I am. But sitting there on the subway, I was wondering: why is it that SLE women have this effect on me of becoming more audacious? I mean, I'm just an average guy, with average courage when it comes to coming on to women. Except when they are SLE, then all of a sudden all caution goes out of the window...

A few years ago I even had an SLE co-worker tell me how she liked that I was not intimidated by her, where most other guys are were.

Socionically explainable?
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe it's bc you know as an IEE interacting w an SLE, you can be as "audacious" as you dare and they could still top you on audaciousness without blinking. This is something I have noticed and sometimes really enjoyed about some SLEs, anyway.
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Maybe SLE's are your Imago.
    I know that I have no trouble approaching and talking to most women when nothing is at stake. And it is even easier for me to talk with and establish a rapport with female IEI's (cousin) and LII's (sister) and SLI's (father) and LSE's (mother).

But when it comes to ESI's, IF I think that they are ESI's, I step on my shoelaces and trip and fall on my face. There were no ESI's in my family when I was growing up, nor for as far as my eye could see.

So for you, it might be a familiarity thing, because Ego is probably not the most attractive relationship. Who from your childhood might have been SLE?

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Strange View Post
    Who from your childhood might have been SLE?
    Good question... but I can't think of anyone. My earliest memory of having this kind of rapport was when I was 23, with a older co-worker who must have been 45, 50 years old at the time. Oddly enough, I don't have the same kind of rapport with male SLEs.
    “I have never tried that before, so I think I should definitely be able to do that.” --- Pippi Longstocking

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Good question... but I can't think of anyone. My earliest memory of having this kind of rapport was when I was 23, with a older co-worker who must have been 45, 50 years old at the time. Oddly enough, I don't have the same kind of rapport with male SLEs.
    Then it probably is an Imago memory from earlier times. I have a better rapport with the female types that I listed above than the male types, although I get along with the males well enough.

I didn't mention LSI's, even though I now can approach them easily enough, because the first one I encountered was when I was 25. But the relationship made a very strong, favorable impression on me. Strong enough to make them easy to approach now. And while I feel that I can recognize female LSI's easily, the same is not nearly so true for male LSI's. So, maybe you've found your SLE Imago.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by consentingadult View Post
    Socionically explainable?
    To do such it needs the knowledge of types of concrete people. Your type may be other than you think. More so is for random girl which you saw a couple of minutes in the life.

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    To do such it needs the knowledge of types of concrete people. Your type may be other than you think. More so is for random girl which you saw a couple of minutes in the life.
    With over 10 years of experience in Socionics, and with considerable knowledge of sociology and psychology, I am pretty sure of my own type and that of the woman I saw on the subway. Period.

Mentioned
    167 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

Pink stalker found