Thread: Typing by art +-_/!*

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Default .

Last edited by kimuchuu; 10-17-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

better task:
    some quantity of pictures you like and then which you dislike
    put both groups unders spoilers
    you make make any comments to pictures: what's is it about, why you like or dislike it, etc

it's game like typing by photos

TIM
    ESE wannabe
    Mentioned
    596 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wanted to revive this thread because I thought it was really interesting and have been thinking about it for a while.

I have a favorite picture.

This is Robert Frost in a Field with a Hand over his Head. I guess you could say it resonates with me on some profound level.

I like this one, too. Robert Frost. I just like it? I'm going to have to think deeper on why. It gives me friendly relaxing vibes? There is something sorrowful about it I can relate to. Something trustworthy and a feeling of honesty I like. It's probably my second favorite picture.

Now this gets harder for me. These are just pictures I like in groupings because I realized there is certain themes in pictures I am drawn to after collecting a bunch of pictures and sitting back to find these themes.

Outside/lights:

I like these pictures because I would like to be here and I find them magical. That's the 12 year old in me. I have a thing for fairy lights. I want to string them everywhere.

Windows/Doors:

Theres something mysterious and relaxing about these pictures to me.

'Garden' Theme:

I think I have a desire to live in the movie The Secret Garden

People:

I don't usually like faces in pictures. I like it when peoples faces are turned away from the picture or it doesn't show it, usually. The people I added with faces showing are the few people whose faces don't bother me. I guess there is something in their eyes and in everything in the picture that I find trustworthy. Someone should VI them for me

Folk-like:

These kind of pictures make me feel at home or something. I like the atmosphere.
    ---------
    I have a hard time finding paintings I like. I can't think or find any I really like. I've been looking...

Things I don't like: Bright Colors. If I come across any pictures I strongly dislike, I'll add them here.

Anyway, I hope more people do this, because I think it's neat.
    Last edited by Aster; 09-08-2016 at 01:27 AM.

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

here are my 3 favorite artists and their work. i'm not sure what to write, i will just let the images speak for themselves, and try to elaborate what it is i like about them in particular.

i love the folksy Slavic fairytale feel to her work. it is very rich and storied...

i love his paintings! they seem very sophisticated, elegant, even gaudy. there is so much to look at here! and the colors are gorgeous. i particularly like the use of gold.

the image just below is probably my favorite work of art i've come across yet. i love the delicate intricacy of her work, it is so sublime. the utilization of various patterns and textiles is very interesting to me, too.

other random artwork that i like, just for the heck of it:

Alex Colville, Dog and Priest

Leonora Carrington, Casting the Ruins

Arthur Hacker, detail from The Cloud

Henri Matisse, The Romanian Blouse

Helen Frankenthaler, Red Shift

my least favorite artist... hmm, well, i don't really like Banksy's "art".