Thread: IEIs-INFps and influencing emotional atmosphere

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default IEIs-INFps and influencing emotional atmosphere

Do you do it? How do you do it? Why do you do it?

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

They often have _good_ smile. When I see them, I feel better. It's like to see a smiling child.
    As they are introverted, they care about people's mood locally and selectively. Fe types often try to rise your mood, if you are in the zone of their charge.

TIM
    Ni-IEI-N 4w3 sx/so
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly do it minimally, with an eye to relevance, and it partly depends on the personality of the person I'm with, i.e. with my EIE friend I'm more open and active in my expression, and will focus on 'expanding' the Fe dynamic as much as possible because that's the ethos of the interaction... whereas with my LIE friend I'll mostly stick to emotional maintenance. in general though I prefer to be in a position where I can subtly influence things, such as being the one to choose what music to listen to in a small group. it just makes sense that way. the 'why' is more or less that aristocratic principle dictates that a certain degree of control be exerted, and it's more often than not pretty fulfilling in an almost moral sense, like the obverse of delta duty or something.
    4w3-5w6-8w7

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it is done so that the IEI create thought-trains that make people enter specific moods. IEI are more famous for being expert on moods then anything else.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerfadder View Post
    I think it is done so that the IEI create thought-trains that make people enter specific moods.
    F types mostly create emotions by nonverbal behavior. Especially P-F types.

IEI are more famous for being expert on moods then anything else.
    Types with leading F (like EIE) have it stronger and hence can be said as more experts in emotions.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I think it is done so that the IEI create thought-trains that make people enter specific moods. IEI are more famous for being expert on moods then anything else.
    Yes same with most Fe base types
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    ILE
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    Yes same with most Fe base types
    I guess. Im not sure why 'mood' been stuck so hard related to IEI.

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

I guess. Im not sure why 'mood' been stuck so hard related to IEI.
    It hasnt

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's pretty subconscious process for me, but in lot of IEI descriptions it sounds more in control of the type. I've been told I do influence people and their emotion, but I am never aware of doing that, it just happens and it can be even hard for me to see when it happens.
    So I was wondering if it's true of other IEIs.

Mentioned
    264 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't usually try to influence the entire "atmosphere", but usually a single person that I'm interacting with. I'll try to change their emotions for the better, if I thought that it would be beneficial. For example, if the person is feeling sad or depressed, then I'll try to cheer him/her up.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually start dropping weird, random or vulgar jokes and if people like this kind of humour they start to laugh. Or I talk about (like Starfall already mentioned) topics which are emotionally charged such as politics. I show and express my own emotions vividly, while talking about these kind of topics. I don't know how to describe it but when I'm happy or angry I intensely feel these emotions and kind of give off these vibes. Once after I stopped being pissed because of someone's actions, someone else asked me if I finally stopped being a frozen ice block, haha.
    Sometimes I fail changing the mood with vulgar jokes, especially when IEEs (and other Deltas) are part of the crowd. They kind of block my usually well meant intentions and kind of try to make me look stupid, trying to change the atmosphere to more serious topics. Partially I can understand if it's annoying to them (once met an ILE guy who was as bad as me and it can get kind of exhausting), at the same time I do not like mood cockblocking, haha.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.

Honorary Ballsack
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Last edited by Skepsis; 02-21-2017 at 04:44 AM.
    Important to note! People who share "indentical" socionics TIMs won't necessarily appear to be very similar, since they have have different backgrounds, experiences, capabilities, genetics, as well as different types in other typological systems (enneagram, instinctual variants, etc.) all of which also have a sway on compatibility and identification. Thus, Socionics type "identicals" won't necessarily be identical i.e. highly similar to each other, and not all people of "dual" types will seem interesting, attractive and appealing to each other.