Thread: Osho (Guru of the Bhagwan)

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Osho (Guru of the Bhagwan)

I read a couple of pieces of this very interesting person. He is in the top 10 most wise men of india ever lived.
    A professor, a thinker, a rebel, a spiritual leader.

I relate a lot to what he writes though he's a bit more heavy. I'm guessing ILI-Ni. What do you guys think?

I especially like this page of him: http://www.osho.com/read/osho/vision...uous-rebellion

Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)

I've seen EIE and IEI for him, I've read a couple of books. Undeniable Ni ego, but I wouldn't type him ILI...

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Complete psychopath. EIE maybe.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

ENFJ

definitely intuitive, probably extrovert

I'm guessing ENTj or ENFj

he did MANY years of meditation though which tends to strengthen Ni in all types
    so it's possible that his natural personality is not Ni ego at all

Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

He seems closer to a Ni-IxI than an xIE. I'm not familiar with his works to any extent, however, browsing a couple of videos of him he seems very languid and spaced out, like he couldn't hurry anywhere if his life depended on it. I'd go with IEI-Ni sp/sx from the videos.

updated: IEI-Ni sp/sx 3w2

Last edited by silke; 07-03-2018 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

There is some speculation that he had an addiction to nitrous oxide and that might account for the "spaced out" comportment. He would apparently huff it prior to public speaking engagements in order to give off an aura of bliss lol. IEI isn't a bad typing either fwiw.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Beta indeed, always against the grain. Se HA > Se Suggestive (the latter would be Gandhi & Buddha). Somewhere around e7... what about 7w8? Self-pres dominant or supporting for sure - ashram, body talk, meditation techniques et cetera. Upset the public with his uncouth approach to intimacy, sx blind spot? As an sx-dom myself I always thought his teachings were `sterile´, not talking about becoming one but defining individual roles first while most sx-ish (often tantric) advice points to surrender, complete obliteration of self, conveyed intensely. Meanwhile, Osho...talks...like...thisss
    Nitrous oxide causes a 10 - 60 second euphoric high (spaced out: not so much, dream-like in some cases) but doesn't last longer, causing a paralyzing headache or a mild feel-good state at most. But maybe his beard was hiding some special device, we'll never know

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

watched a pbs program about him. iei. if not, sei. fe creative is obvious; ni lead and beta most likely.

i see ma anand sheela as eie. lol. she actually ran the rajneeshpuram settlement in wasco co. Oregon while 'osho' spent years not speaking or apparently even revealing his "teachings." meanwhile he wandered around smiling serenely as everyone did everything for him and gave him all their money.

i remember looking through a book by osho and thought he was beta nf from that.

also he was able to evade the fallout from rajneeshpuram quite well (ni really helps).
    Last edited by marooned; 12-27-2016 at 03:12 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Ni/Fe and I love him even if I don't agree with a lot of what he says. I have a couple books and the Osho Tarot.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bane View Post
    There is some speculation that he had an addiction to nitrous oxide and that might account for the "spaced out" comportment. He would apparently huff it prior to public speaking engagements in order to give off an aura of bliss lol. IEI isn't a bad typing either fwiw.
    , cpig says I always sound high (he is not the only one) and a lot of people think I look high or am high when I am not. I think some people naturally have a "spaced out" look even when completely tuned in. Sometimes people say I look blissful too even when I am not. It's the aura or something.

They would not want to see me when I am angry.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

lead for sure.

I used to think he was IEI-Ni, but I used to think the same for Nietzsche, whom I now type as ILI-Ni after all.

So, I could definitely warm up to typing Osho as ILI-Ni.

He seems more like an ILI-Ni to me in the videos (note: likely lack of Creative , Cold-blooded Communicate style), while some of what I have read seemed more like Ni lead with Fi infusions, so to speak. Which I interpreted as NF, but this could just be his Fi HA peaking through. I saw the same thing in "Thus Spoke Zarathustra", and that too quickly made me conclude Nietzsche was IEI back then.

The HA can influence someone's work/areas of interest quite a lot, especially if they are Inert subtype...
    So, it is easy sometimes to confuse someone's HA for a stronger function of theirs, at least initially.
    Last edited by Olimpia; 12-27-2016 at 09:24 PM.
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

TIM
    LII
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is far too much talk by Osho about uninhibited love and self-expression for him to be ILI. He is all about the emotions.

Similarly with Nietzsche: highly dramatic, poetic, and all about free expression.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Osho strikes me as using both Fi (relationship/love talk galore) and Fe ("rejoice!", "celebrate, don't analyze!"), all while rejecting commonly accepted business logic. Ti HA also sneaks in there. So IEI-Ni is probable.

Some illustrations:

Celebration is my attitude, unconditional to what life brings.

All your knowledge is dust. Knowing is your purity, knowledge is dust.

Life is not logic, life is not philosophy. Life is a dance, a song, a celebration! It is more like love and less like logic.

Take it easy, and remember “Easy is Right.”

If you are sad you are wrong; if you are joyful you are right.

Life has no meaning. Rejoice! It has no meaning. Dance, sing, enjoy! It has no meaning. You need not be serious. It is a cosmic joke.

I’ll never make any resolutions. Drop all resolutions! Let life be a natural spontaneity. The only golden rule is that there are no golden rules.

I resolve never to make any resolutions because all resolutions are restrictions for the future. All resolutions are imprisonments.

Drop the idea of becoming someone, because you are already a masterpiece. You cannot be improved. You have only to come to it, to know it, to realize it.

Your honesty, Your love, Your compassion should come from your inner being, not from teachings and scriptures.

Never obey anyone’s command unless it is coming from within you also.

It is better to be ignorant; at least the ignorance is yours. It is authentic, it is real, sincere and honest!

A borrowed truth is the greatest lie in the world. Truth can only be true when it is based on your own experience, utterly your own experience.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    watched a pbs program about him. iei. if not, sei. fe creative is obvious; ni lead and beta most likely.

i see ma anand sheela as eie. lol. she actually ran the rajneeshpuram settlement in wasco co. Oregon while 'osho' spent years not speaking or apparently even revealing his "teachings." meanwhile he wandered around smiling serenely as everyone did everything for him and gave him all their money.

i remember looking through a book by osho and thought he was beta nf from that.

also he was able to evade the fallout from rajneeshpuram quite well (ni really helps).
    Watching a really good series documentary on his Oregan Ashram (Wild, wild Country)..wow is all I can say. SEI seems possible just because of the obvious Si elements (red shirts, gentle smiles, radiating) Maybe awakened but corrupt as fuck. Anytime you convince the other monkeys to wear your clothes, act, speak, and do as you do in huge mega groups..something fishy and off about it...especially when those monkeys are footing your bills and feeding you. Theatrics with sensory elements (red carpets, flowers, robes)
    Last edited by timber; 07-03-2018 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rajneesh - Osho - ISTP - Gabin

TIM
    EII
    Mentioned
    235 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)

SLE or EIE
    i want to know what his psycho assistant was though. Sheela (?)

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ll get behind beta NF because cult leader
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    I’ll get behind beta NF because cult leader
    That's the mysterious thing though. From the PBS program I watched on this back when I posted last, it seemed he wasn't leading at all. Ma Anand Sheela was leading. His role in the whole debacle remained rather mysterious. I'm just talking about the Oregon ashram though.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    That's the mysterious thing though. From the PBS program I watched on this back when I posted last, it seemed he wasn't leading at all. Ma Anand Sheela was leading. His role in the whole debacle remained rather mysterious. I'm just talking about the Oregon ashram though.
    Interesting, and I haven't seen it. But is it fair to say that Osho is the charismatic figure who drew people in to begin with? What kind of leading was Ma Anand Sheela doing, was it administrative in nature, or was it something else?
    LSI: “I still can’t figure out Pinterest.”

Me: “It’s just, like, idea boards.”

LSI: “I don’t have ideas.”

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by golden View Post
    Interesting, and I haven't seen it. But is it fair to say that Osho is the charismatic figure who drew people in to begin with? What kind of leading was Ma Anand Sheela doing, was it administrative in nature, or was it something else?
    I'm drawing from memory and will try not to be inaccurate. It seemed like it was indeed his charisma as he was seen as an Eastern spiritual guru in a time a lot of people in the US were really craving that (hippie movement), but all he did was meditate serenely on stage and he never spoke. He hadn't even shared his philosophy or "spiritual wisdom." All the leadership was coming from Ma Anand Sheela, who would give passionate speeches and seemed to be calling the shots about a lot of things (though if he was secretly steering the course behind the scenes, I don't know). She was supposedly his "secretary" or some such, but her role was far more than that (she was quite charismatic herself). Osho later denied knowing about much of what Sheela was up to, though of course he would as it meant he could evade being seen as an accomplice.

Also, I found this book: https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Kill-Him.../dp/B00BD2POFU

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Kill-Him.../dp/B00BD2POFU - I'm starting to get whiffs of enneagram 2.
    Last edited by marooned; 07-03-2018 at 10:15 PM.