User Tag List

Thread: ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:* Hi everyone! *:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool ♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥.·:* Hi everyone! *:·.♥.·:*¨¨*:·.♥

Hi there! I'm really excited that this forum exists. I've been into MBTI and Enneagram for ~2 years now. Discovering Socionics was amazing - I think it's far more accurate than MBTI and I love how it doesn't have any intuitive/sensor bias. Hope to learn more from all of you here

TIM
    So/Sx Introvert
    Mentioned
    717 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)

Welcome!

Have you typed yourself in the MBTI and/or Enneagram before?
    New Youtube [x] Get Typed! [x]
    Celebs [x] Theory [x] Tumblr [x]

*********** 21-04-19:
    "Looks like a mystic that just arrived to battle and staring out at the battle, ready to unleash"

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gl1tter View Post
    I think it's far more accurate than MBTI
    MBT has acceptable preferences test MBTI and good descriptions of preferences/dichotomies. The big issue of MBTI - they by strange reason have changed functions for introverted types. So introverted types they describe as a mix of 2 types, for example INTJ (LII) has part of ILI (INTP) traits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SisOfNight - I find that I'm better at typing other people than myself. I had others type me as ENFJ but I always felt like I had so much in common with INFJs. IEI-Fe subtype describes me really well but so does EIE descriptions, so I'll have to look into it more. It might be that I find the EIE descriptions a bit lacking and shorter compared to other type profiles. As for Enneagram, I'm in the feeling center (2, 3, or 4) and SX/SO. It's nice to meet another member of beta quadra

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    MBT has acceptable preferences test MBTI and good descriptions of preferences/dichotomies. The big issue of MBTI - they by strange reason have changed functions for introverted types. So introverted types they describe as a mix of 2 types, for example INTJ (LII) has part of ILI (INTP) traits.
    Ah thank you for this clarification. MBTI is fine and I'm certainly not criticizing those that like it or even prefer it. Just that for me, Socionics was so accurate it blew my mind.. (even some of the physical descriptions) and it just seems like a much more fun system. I love the idea of quadras and duality.

TIM
    EII-Ne
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@SisOfNight - I find that I'm better at typing other people than myself. I had others type me as ENFJ but I always felt like I had so much in common with INFJs. IEI-Fe subtype describes me really well but so does EIE descriptions, so I'll have to look into it more. It might be that I find the EIE descriptions a bit lacking and shorter compared to other type profiles. As for Enneagram, I'm in the feeling center (2, 3, or 4) and SX/SO. It's nice to meet another member of beta quadra
    Why don't you fill a questionnaire?
    I'm not a native English speaker. I apologise for any grammatical mistake, and feedback/correction is always welcome!

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

even some of the physical descriptions
    Jung's types are only about psychology. So only about behavior, not body's forms. There are ones which use physiognomy, but it's not normal Socionics and those are marginals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by blue hummingbird View Post
    Why don't you fill a questionnaire?
    Yes, good idea. I read that regardless of what one types in MBTI, for Socionics one should start from scratch. I'm still very new to Socionics so having more knowledgeable people help me would give me more confidence.

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I read that regardless of what one types in MBTI, for Socionics one should start from scratch.
    If there was no mistyping - should not start. Types are same - Jung's typology types.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sol View Post
    If there was no mistyping - should not start. Types are same - Jung's typology types.
    Ohh okay. I have been wondering whether a person could be one type in MBTI but another in Socionics. This is very helpful, thank you

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

I have been wondering whether a person could be one type in MBTI but another in Socionics.
    You may meet wrong opinion about different types in MBT and Socionics. Both variants claim to use Jung's types and they do so.
    As MBT uses generally same theory of preferences/dichotomies and practically types mostly by this, then types which they get should be compatible with Socionics notations as ENTP=ILE, INTJ=LII, etc.