Thread: Colors and enneagram types

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Attis View Post
    Several years ago I asked people who knew me to tell me what color comes to mind when they think of me, and the majority said white. So I'm fine with white for 6w5. My favorite color is grey.
    YEEEEES. This is purrfect!!! Grey suggests the in between, what's not certain, 50-50 concerns. That's E6, phobic version. And white stands for E5, their nihilistic side.

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We should ask each person whose type we're pretty certain of for the color(s) they've been associated with.

3w4 - You know my signature combination, it's black and red. I even intended to have a red username but that was taken for the mods. It's my chat box color since forever though

---> Black for E4. Red's gotta be assertion so E3.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would actually not associate the colours black and violet/purple with me and most people actually told me they associate caramel or bronze with me, yet I am a type 4w3. Purple is barely available in my wardrobe (I only have a few pieces). I also have black clothes but I do not like goth culture or when people just wear black and white and grey.

My favourite colours actually are brown, bronze, silver, gold, red, mustard, forest green and so on. But I actually like all colours, I actually have a rainbow-coloured dress. Every colour looks good in my opinion and at the right occasion any is wearable.. I just tend to wear some more than others because I think they suit my physical appearance better.

I met quite a few EIEs I would associate with the colour purple as it seems so unsettled, other EIEs I met had something watery almost pigeon-blue-grey about their aura.
    SLEs I could see being associated with bright colours like red, orange, yellow, green and sometimes black.

Which colours would you associate with the sociotypes?

I sacrificed a goat to Zeus and I liked it
    Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    This type of yellow is essentially 7w6, sunny happy day, no worries. 6 needs a more anxious color.
    Yellow is associated with fear though.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Blue is ethereal to me. The meaning or impression you get from color also depends on what colors it's mixed with
    TIL Smurfs are etherial to maniac

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrd View Post
    Who kneads the dough? Sorry I can't read what's written there it's so bright and happy in here

Now for real. The user with the "FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real" is the more important insight from there.

As far as I know illness is also a yellow association but green's a close second so you deal with symbolic ambiguities there.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post

...That is terrifying. You are inadvertently proving me right.

Fear and illness are associated with yellow because it's a lack of vitality (look at scared and sick people). Honestly, I also think that's why it's associated with nice sunny days as a flipside. It's just light without heat (= pure energy, vs. red as dark heat = energy absorbed by matter).

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by epheme View Post
    I got a picture of my aura taken once and it was ultra violet, pink, lavender and white around the edges. I had it on my fridge for the longest time but I don't know where it is now. The woman who took the photo said my aura showed that I was very loving.

Also, this is a cool color thread by @Olga. The color part starts at post #11.
    I have been meaning to link this since we briefly talked about auras on discord. I didn't get an aura picture like the one you got but I got an RFI reading done, during a rough time in my life, and it was very accurate at the time. I would have it done again but the person who did it for me is living, part time, in Hawaii. I added the interpretation in a later post in that thread. It didn't paste right here so it might look different than it does in the chakra thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I had an RFI reading. He wore a lab coat and everything. I lost the interpretation part but this is my chakra image result. I have to look for the interpretation now. I remember some of it sounded really good. Now I am wondering about the black areas.

http://www.rehutek.com/rht/index.php...eld-imagingrfi

PSYCHO-PERSONAL PROFILE

The Psychological (Emotional) level of the human bioenergy field, radiating 4-18 inches from the physical body, is highly characterized by the emotional and psychological conditions and attributes of the subject.

Left Body Bioenergy Analysis - Environmental Influences

The left side of the body, connected to the right hemisphere of the brain, reveals how the subject experiences or perceives the world, or which energies the person is receiving from his or her social environment. Left body bioenergies generally consist of energy-information imprints from predominant energies in a person's environment, to which the person is the most strongly or frequently exposed. This may also indicate a propensity or tendency to receive and absorb the detected energies, or an inherent sensitivity to such energies.

The left hand is the primary channel for inflow of electrofield energy through the ulnar and radial nerves, so it is the most significant for revealing the subject's environmental influences and perceptions.

Distribution of detected bioenergies within the Left Body Psychological Level:

12.5% Orange; 12.5% Gold; 37.5% Yellow; 37.5% Green

Orange: Emotional Healing. Mental activity is related to resolving emotional issues, recovering from intense life experiences, and overcoming obstacles. Generally healthy, but psychological support and psychotherapy are highly likely to be greatly beneficial.

Gold: Healing energy. Subject has abundance of healing bioenergy which is not burdened or inhibited by any personal emotional issues. This excess of healing energy projects outward to contribute healthy and healing energy to the environment, and other people, animals, plants and objects which come into contact with this bioenergy.

Yellow: Happiness and well-being, with a healthy measure of balanced caution.

Green: Emotional energy, love and caring, can also be negative emotion or trauma. Subject is experiencing some emotional event or situation.

Right Body Bioenergy Analysis - Behavioral Patterns

The right side of the body, connected to the left hemisphere of the brain, reveals how the subject interacts socially, or which bioenergies the person contributes or transmits back into their environment. Right body bioenergies generally influence the way others perceive and respond to the subject. They indicate the subject's current reactions to present situations, and predominant habits or behaviors for interacting with his or her environment.

The right hand is the primary channel for outflow of electrofield energy through the ulnar and radial nerves, so it is the most significant for revealing the subject's reactions and behavioral patterns.

Distribution of detected bioenergies within the Right Body Psychological Level:

12.5% Yellow; 25% Green; 12.5% Cyan; 25% Blue; 12.5% Purple; 12.5% Orchid

Green: Emotional energy, love and caring, can also be negative emotion or trauma. Subject is experiencing some emotional event or situation.

Cyan: Emotional energy. Subject exhibits empathy and sensitivity to emotions of others, and is likely to be communicating or expressing their own emotions, either consciously or subconsciously.

Blue: Communication, perspective of reality, search for and expression of truth. Open-minded communication with good intentions.

Purple: Intellectual energy, clarity of thought, also academic activity or psychic ability.

Orchid: Clarity of thought, psychic activity, understanding of truth. Subject may be currently participating in energy information exchange.

Cerebral Bioenergy Analysis - Predominant Thoughts

The regions of bioelectrical field around the head consist of electromagnetic brain waves. The left head (on right side of chart) shows left brain activity, the right head (on the left side of the chart) shows right brain activity, and the regions on the top of the head show integrated brain activity. The brain waves in these cerebral regions reveal inherent characteristics of the person, particularly their predominant thoughts and mental preoccupations.

Distribution of detected bioenergies within the Cerebral Regions:

20% Yellow; 20% Black; 40% Blue; 20% Navy

Black: Passion, obsession, hatred, intense negative or destructive emotions.

Blue: Communication, perspective of reality, search for and expression of truth. Open-minded communication with good intentions.

Navy: Leadership. Expression of intellectual ideas which involve or influence material or social situations.

Chakra Bioenergy Analysis - Personal Characteristics

The Chakras are bioenery vortexes located at fixed points along the spinal column, which radiate energy-information related to the activity of corresponding endocrine glands. In accordance with the known functions of the endocrine glands, each Chakra represents a category, or sphere, of the subject's life. The color of bioenergy found in each Chakra reveals events and conditions in that category of the person's life.

Base Chakra - The bioenergy found in this region reveals situations and events in the category of sexuality, self identity, and purely physical or material activities.

Purple - Intellectual energy, clarity of thought, also academic activity or psychic ability.

Sacral Chakra - The bioenergy in this region reveals situations and events in the category of physical vitality and healing - both emotional healing and physical healing.

Burgundy - Material and physical focus. Indicates mental activity related to survival issues, money, material objects, and the immediate physical environment. Related to instincts, basic human needs and desires.

Solar Plexus Chakra - The bioenergy in this region reveals situations and events in the category of calmness or nervousness, indicating factors which are influencing or affecting emotional stability.

Orchid - Clarity of thought, psychic activity, understanding of truth. Subject may be currently participating in energy information exchange.

Heart Chakra - The bioenergy in this region reveals situations and events in the category of deep emotions and emotional satisfaction, usually in the area of romance.

Green - Emotional energy, love and caring, can also be negative emotion or trauma. Subject is experiencing some emotional event or situation.

Throat Chakra - The bioenergy in this region reveals situations and events in the category of communication, both expression and listening.

Cyan - Emotional energy. Subject exhibits empathy and sensitivity to emotions of others, and is likely to be communicating or expressing their own emotions, either consciously or subconsciously.

Third Eye Chakra - The bioenergy in this region reveals situations and events in the category of clairvoyance, sensitivity, intuition, and intellectual activity.

Blue - Communication, perspective of reality, search for and expression of truth. Open-minded communication with good intentions.

Crown Chakra - The bioenergy in this region reveals events and conditions in the category of spiritual development, spirituality, and universal consciousness.

Blue - Communication, perspective of reality, search for and expression of truth. Open-minded communication with good intentions.
    HEALTH LEVEL PROFILE
    Physiological Analysis

The Health level of the human bioenergy field, radiating 0-4 from the physical body, consists of electromagnetic resonance from neurological activity originating in the brain, combined with electromagnetic field energy transmitted from the various areas of the body. The colors of bioenergy detected in each region of the body reveal information about conditions in the specific region where each color is found.

Distribution of detected bioenergies within the Health Level:

5.88% Burgundy; 5.88% Red; 17.65% Rose; 11.76% Yellow; 11.76% Green; 17.65% Black; 11.76% Blue; 5.88% Navy; 5.88% Purple; 5.88% Orchid

Burgundy: Increased biological activity in the form of growth, regrowth or regeneration. Generally healthy.

Red: Biological malfunction or physical damage. May also indicate a pain response or pain sensation in the area of the bioenergy, with or without actual malfunction or damage. Generally unhealthy.

Rose: Sensory stimulus is currently acting upon the effected area. Related to sensual and physical body experiences, physical comfort and enjoyable sensations of the body. Generally healthy.

Yellow: Vitality, Neurological activity. Generally healthy.

Green: The effected area is currently experiencing either a state of increased blood circulation, or a situation where healthy neurological activity is causing an increase in blood circulation from an inhibited, unhealthy level, up to a healthy level.

Black: Overstimulation and stress of biological systems, organs or circulatory systems. Bioenergy in effected area is being used up or demanded by an environmental, behavioral or dietary situation, or a biological condition. Generally unhealthy, especially if this bioenergy appears in the same area for extended periods of time. May be healthy in the sense of an appropriate adaptation and coping mechanism, if the presence of this bioenergy is temporary.

Blue: Soothing energy or stimulus is currently acting upon the effected area. Related to physical comfort, relaxation or resting of muscles or organs. Generally healthy.

Navy: Increased biological activity. Could be current functioning of metabolic systems, or certain organs or circulatory systems currently exerting extra effort. Generally healthy, unless this bioenergy appears in the same area for extended periods of time.

Purple: There is a clear and direct psychosomatic connection to the area of this bioenergy. Mental activity is currently influencing and controlling biological activity and physical health in this area. This indicates a very high probability of success using hypnosis, psychotherapy, meditation, or biofeedback to control or heal any health complaints or problems in the area of this bioenergy. Generally healthy, but often indicates an area of pain or malfunction which has no purely physical cause, and can be easily corrected by working with the psychological factors.

Orchid: There is a clear and direct Mind-Body connection to the area of this bioenergy. The person has a positive and pleasant psychological association with the part of the body where this bioenergy is located. Events, actions, and therapies involving this area are highly likely to have a significant psychological impact upon the person. Also indicates that mental activity is currently influencing and controlling biological activity and physical health in this area. Generally healthy.

Endocrine System Analysis - Personal Characteristics

The Chakras are bio-energy vortexes located at fixed points along the spinal column, which radiate energy-information related to the activity of corresponding endocrine glands. Accordingly, they indicate which bioenergies are currently emanating from, influencing, or acting upon the corresponding endocrine glands.

The Base Chakra, located in the genital area, is related to the bioenergy information in the Ovaries and Testes.

Purple - There is a clear and direct psychosomatic connection to the area of this bioenergy. Mental activity is currently influencing and controlling biological activity and physical health in this area. This indicates a very high probability of success using hypnosis, psychotherapy, meditation, or biofeedback to control or heal any health complaints or problems in the area of this bioenergy. Generally healthy, but often indicates an area of pain or malfunction which has no purely physical cause, and can be easily corrected by working with the psychological factors.

The Sacral Chakra, located above the genital area just below the navel, is related to bioenergy in the Adrenal Medulla, which simulates the immune system with the adrenocorticotropic hormone.

Burgundy - Increased biological activity in the form of growth, regrowth or regeneration. Generally healthy.

The Solar Plexus Chakra, located around the navel, is related to the bioenergy in the Islet of the Pancreas, which stimulate the nervous system with insulin.

Orchid - There is a clear and direct Mind-Body connection to the area of this bioenergy. The person has a positive and pleasant psychological association with the part of the body where this bioenergy is located. Events, actions, and therapies involving this area are highly likely to have a significant psychological impact upon the person. Also indicates that mental activity is currently influencing and controlling biological activity and physical health in this area. Generally healthy.

The Heart Chakra, located at the center of the chest in the heart area, is realted to bioenergy in the Adrenal Cortex, the Thyroid, which stimulates biological manifestations of emotion with thyroxin, and the Anterior Pituitary, which triggers hormone secretion in the whole endocrine system.

Green - The effected area is currently experiencing either a state of increased blood circulation, or a situation where healthy neurological activity is causing an increase in blood circulation from an inhibited, unhealthy level, up to a healthy level.

The Throat Chakra, located at the center of the throat, is related to bioenergy in the Thyroid and Parathyroid glands.

Cyan - Comfort and healthy biological activity in the circulatory systems, including blood circulation, respiratory, and lymphatic systems, and any fluid generating systems in the area of the bioenergy. Generally healthy.

The Third Eye Chakra, located on the center of the forehead between the eyebrows, is related to bioenergy in the Pineal Body of the brain, both an electromagnetic sensory organ and a gland which produces melatonin.

Blue - Soothing energy or stimulus is currently acting upon the affected area. Related to physical comfort, relaxation or resting of muscles or organs. Generally healthy.

The Crown Chakra, located directly above the head, is related to bioenergy in the Anterior Pituitary gland, which controls the endocrine system.

Blue - Soothing energy or stimulus is currently acting upon the affected area. Related to physical comfort, relaxation or resting of muscles or organs. Generally healthy.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

German English Symbolism
    Purpur Magenta (or purple)
    see below
    Schön (beautiful)
    Rot Red
    Gelbrot Orange Edel (noble)
    Orange
    Gelb Yellow Gut (good)
    Grün Green Nützlich (useful)
    Blau Blue Gemein (mean, common)
    Violett Violet Unnöthig (unnecessary)
    Blaurot

I like this ordering of the colors. It puts the best colors at the top and explains why everyone is so obsessed with blue despite blue generally being pretty boring on jeans and stuff like that. Blue resonates with the average person because it's just the most average color. And aura colors celebrate averageness by wanting everyone to strive for indigo (average bordering on unnecessary).

Also, it explains why I get purple/red auras on tests all the time when those are supposedly all the way away from each other. If they're really opposite, I shouldn't even be able to think about getting both dominant.

Spiritual
    TIM
    Celestial Sli
    Mentioned
    415 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I like a lot pastel colors, guess that fits 9 too.

I also like a darker palette of cold tones with 5:

And black and white contrasts with 1 (and 2w1):

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

German English Symbolism
    Purpur Magenta (or purple)
    see below
    Schön (beautiful)
    Rot Red
    Gelbrot Orange Edel (noble)
    Orange
    Gelb Yellow Gut (good)
    Grün Green Nützlich (useful)
    Blau Blue Gemein (mean, common)
    Violett Violet Unnöthig (unnecessary)
    Blaurot

I like this ordering of the colors. It puts the best colors at the top and explains why everyone is so obsessed with blue despite blue generally being pretty boring on jeans and stuff like that. Blue resonates with the average person because it's just the most average color. And aura colors celebrate averageness by wanting everyone to strive for indigo (average bordering on unnecessary).

Also, it explains why I get purple/red auras on tests all the time when those are supposedly all the way away from each other. If they're really opposite, I shouldn't even be able to think about getting both dominant.
    How does the German symbolism relate to aura colors or chakras? How does it explain you getting red or purple on a self report test? I don't see your point here since self report tests where you got purple (violet) or red are about less accurate than most typology tests. If you actually have an interest in auras and/or chakras then maybe consult someone to see what colors they see around you instead of just making claims about systems you don't know.

I have never really cared for the colors blue, green or yellow but I can tell you I would not want to see the earth sky, grass or sunflowers any other color because they look beautiful as they are. Some things are just meant to be the colors they are but it doesn't mean I want to see them on my walls or in my decor. Where are you getting that most people strive to be indigo aura color? I have no idea where you are getting your information from. Your chart says Violet is "unnecessary" not indigo btw which is what you got on the aura test.

I don't believe average people like blue because it is an average color. lol It apparently has a calming effect on some people and inspires trust. It is also linked to sadness and truth. Using a country that does not appear to have valued color as much as other countries, where these systems developed, as an example, seems strange to me. It just seems like you want to highlight how German and above the average you are, once again, while making sure you criticize others in the process.

How 8 Colors Got Their Symbolic Meanings

Colors are imbued with great symbolic power. Even in the modern English-speaking world, where superstitious beliefs have largely faded in the light of scientific knowledge, many colors have retained their ancient associations. Most people know that brides should wear white, that "seeing red" means being angry, and that one can feel "green with envy." But learning why these connotations exist requires a look back to the beliefs and practices of the ancients.

https://www.livescience.com/33523-co...-meanings.html

Cultural Color Meanings of Blue

Generally the safest color to use world wide

Western:

• trust and authority
    • conservative,
    • corporate
    • peace and calm
    • depression,
    • sadness
    • "something blue" bridal tradition
    • masculine color
    • baby boys

Eastern:

• immortality

China:

• immortality
    • associated with pornography and 'blue films'
    • feminine color

India:

• Lord Krishna
    • national sports color

Japan:
    • everyday life

Korea:

• color of mourning

Thailand:

• color for Friday

Belgium:

• light blue was traditionally the color for baby girls - now it is more common to use it for baby boys

Cherokees:

• defeat, trouble

Mexico:

• mourning
    • trust
    • serenity

Iran:

• color of mourning
    • heaven and spirituality
    • immortality

Israel:

• Coat of Arms

Egypt:

• virtue
    • protection - to ward off evil

Middle East:

• protection

Colombia:

• associated with soap

US Politics:

• liberalism

UK & European Politics:

• conservatism

Religious Beliefs in Many Cultures:

• Christianity: Christ's color
    • Judaism: holiness
    • Hinduism: the color of Krishna
    • Catholicism: color of Mary's robe

http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/cultural-color.html
    Also

From depression to royalty to trust, blue holds more meanings than any other color around the world.

In Western Cultures, blue is commonly associated with feeling melancholy—hence, having “the blues.” And while that’s true, it’s also considered to be a calming and soothing color that symbolizes trust, security, and authority—a reason why many American banks, such as Citi and Bank of America, use blue for their logo.

Blue is also a symbol of masculinity and represents the birth of a boy—the opposite of China, where blue is considered a feminine color.

In many Middle Eastern countries, blue means safety and protection, and is symbolic of heaven, spirituality, and immortality.

Many religions have their own associations for the color blue as well. For example, in many Latin American countries—which are known to have high Catholic populations— blue is a sign of hope and good health, and is symbolic of Virgin Mary, who is often depicted wearing a blue robe and headscarf, and represents wealth.

In Judaism, blue is the shade for holiness and divinity, and in Hinduism it’s the color of Krishna—the most highly worshipped Hindu god who embodies love and joy, and destroys pain and sin.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/smarte...b_9078674.html

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your test doesn't distinguish violet and purple, and I got purple and red, which is at the top and not the bottom. And I didn't say indigo was unnecessary, I said it was average bordering on unnecessary since it's blue that's right next to violet.

I also don't need your list of associations. For one, baby boys were in pink not very long ago, and before that all babies just wore white. Where are those associations? I know the aura system. It's simplistic and largely says nothing. If what I'm saying's not right, correct it. But the reason symbolism works is that it's connected to experience, as I said, not that it has to be shoved down your throat and taken on blind faith. To see means to understand, and blind faith means not understanding. I was half-joking with my blue is average comment, but blue being relaxing directly relates to it being average. Things being ordinary is a sign of stability, and people tend to find that calming, like smooth sailing. Things that are out-of-the-ordinary are either very good or very bad. That's also why this puts low-frequency colors as "better". When something happens at a lower frequency, that means it's rarer. When something happens at a higher frequency, that means it's more common.When something happens too much, it's unnecessary. But on the other hand, if you want to relate blue to divinity, isn't God omnipresent and eternal? And there's nothing more stable and "average" than that.

On the other hand, aura colors just say everyone needs to go to "high vibrations" and use Isaac Newton's spectrum, but randomly switch violet and indigo because indigo is more typological and people want to feel special or something. And last time I checked, instead of having just Isaac Newton's colors in a reversed order (even Newton would've noticed red on top in a rainbow because he bothered to actually look at rainbows) with two randomly flipped, there are a whole bunch of colors like primrose pink and sea green that sound straight out of Crayola. I'm not sure what else to expect when you try to make spirituality out of consumerism.

Also, my list is just Goethe and Schiller's list. I'd take them as better authorities than people trying to make me take tests to buy crystal "massage sticks" and weird perfume bottles or whatever any day. But you don't even need that when you understand the underlying principles. On the other hand, yours is just rote learning. You have a list of "here's what colors mean". But there's no exploration of principles and very little reference to experience.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Your test doesn't distinguish violet and purple, and I got purple and red, which is at the top and not the bottom. And I didn't say indigo was unnecessary, I said it was average bordering on unnecessary since it's blue that's right next to violet.

I also don't need your list of associations. For one, baby boys were in pink not very long ago, and before that all babies just wore white. Where are those associations? I know the aura system. It's simplistic and largely says nothing. If what I'm saying's not right, correct it. But the reason symbolism works is that it's connected to experience, as I said, not that it has to be shoved down your throat and taken on blind faith. To see means to understand, and blind faith means not understanding. I was half-joking with my blue is average comment, but blue being relaxing directly relates to it being average. Things being ordinary is a sign of stability, and people tend to find that calming, like smooth sailing. Things that are out-of-the-ordinary are either very good or very bad. That's also why this puts low-frequency colors as "better". When something happens at a lower frequency, that means it's rarer. When something happens at a higher frequency, that means it's more common.When something happens too much, it's unnecessary. But on the other hand, if you want to relate blue to divinity, isn't God omnipresent and eternal? And there's nothing more stable and "average" than that.

On the other hand, aura colors just say everyone needs to go to "high vibrations" and use Isaac Newton's spectrum, but randomly switch violet and indigo because indigo is more typological and people want to feel special or something. And last time I checked, instead of having just Isaac Newton's colors in a reversed order (even Newton would've noticed red on top in a rainbow because he bothered to actually look at rainbows) with two randomly flipped, there are a whole bunch of colors like primrose pink and sea green that sound straight out of Crayola. I'm not sure what else to expect when you try to make spirituality out of consumerism.

Also, my list is just Goethe and Schiller's list. I'd take them as better authorities than people trying to make me take tests to buy crystal "massage sticks" and weird perfume bottles or whatever any day. But you don't even need that when you understand the underlying principles. On the other hand, yours is just rote learning. You have a list of "here's what colors mean". But there's no exploration of principles and very little reference to experience.
    Thanks for sharing your belief system of colors in relation to auras but I didn't say you needed my list. It was for others reading your post which was highly biased and shows a lack of understanding of auras, chakras, and color symbolism from other cultures, except German of course but I will have to take your word for that since I have not looked into that culture as much. The symbolism is defined by different systems and different "readers" will interpret the auras and chakras based on their own associations. There is a lot of crossover which makes some association almost universal. Meaning people who have not even heard of this stuff might have a similar interpretation based on their experience.

You can probably google it and give me a somewhat coherent response an hour or two later. You seem intelligent enough. I have shared my experiences all over the forum so no it is not just "rote learning". You have no idea how I learn and process information. What is your experience with colors and aura? Other than reading and memorizing Goethe and Schiller's list and making some associations to Newton. Your assumptions really do irritate me. Do you think I associate blue with God or divinity? I don't personally. I was not raised to make that association. Do I associate it with peace/calm. I kind of do. Looking at the ocean or the sky has always calmed me. So does looking at the stars though.

Those who see auras, whether it is now actually related to synaesthesia or not, will look for explanations in different philosophies and yeah new age systems to understand it. Most do not search back to the roots of it because they are lesser known ideas or people do not see it when they read an ancient text and make that association. I was not satisfied with the information that is out there and kept digging to explain my experiences.

Anyway, I don't have to reinvent the wheel if I quote information that is already out there. If someone is interested in my experiences they can read this thread or one of the others where I talk about it.

Violet aura and Indigo aura colors have delightfully complicated personalities. They are in their heads quite a lot, but differently than other “thinkers”, a purple aura is not always in their head to battle logic and reason using facts and figures. Their minds seem to wander off to somewhere else, often gazing upon what might be coming up, or how to proceed with something going forward.

The concept of auras was first popularized by Charles Webster Leadbeater, a former priest of the Church of England and a member of the mystic Theosophical Society.[9] Leadbeater had studied theosophy in India, and believed he had the capacity to use his clairvoyant powers to make scientific investigations.[10] He claimed that he had discovered that most men come from Mars but the more advanced men come from the Moon, and that hydrogen atoms are made of six bodies contained in an egg-like form.[11]

In his book Man Visible and Invisible published in 1903, Leadbeater illustrated the aura of man at various stages of his moral evolution, from the "savage" to the saint.[12][13] In 1910, Leadbeater introduced the modern conception of auras by incorporating the Tantric notion of chakras in his book The Inner Life.[14]But Leadbeater didn’t simply present the Tantric beliefs to the West, he reconstructed and reinterpreted them by mixing them with his own ideas, without acknowledging the sources of these innovations. Some of Leadbeater’s innovations are describing chakras as energy vortexes, and associating each of them with a gland, an organ and other body parts.[15]

In the following years, Leadbeater’s ideas on the aura and chakras where adopted and reinterpreted by other Theosophists such as Rudolf Steiner[16] and Edgar Cayce, but his occult anatomy remained of minor interest within the esoteric counterculture until the 1980s, when it was picked up by the New Age movement.[17]

In 1977, American esotericist Christopher Hills published the book Nuclear Evolution: The Rainbow Body, which presented a modified version of Leadbeater’s occult anatomy.[18] Whereas Leadbeater had drawn each chakras with intricately detailed shapes and multiple colors, Hills presented them as a sequence of centers, each one being associated with a color of the rainbow. Most of the subsequent New Age writers will base their representations of the aura on Hill’s interpretation of Leadbeater’s ideas.[19]

Chakras became a part of mainstream esoteric speculations in the 1980s and 1990s. Many New Age techniques that aim to clear blockages of the chakras were developed during those years, such as crystal healing and aura-soma.[20] Chakras were, by the late 1990s, less connected with their theosophical and Hinduist root, and more infused with New Age ideas. A variety of New Age books proposed different links between each chakras and colors, personality traits, illnesses, Christian sacraments,[21] etc.[22] Various type of holistic healing within the New Age movement claim to use aura reading techniques, such as bioenergetics, energy medicine, energy spirituality, and energy psychology.[23]
    Bridgette Perez in a review for the Skeptical Inquirer has written "perceptual distortions, illusions, and hallucinations might promote belief in auras... Psychological factors, including absorption, fantasy proneness, vividness of visual imagery, and after-images, might also be responsible for the phenomena of the aura."[36]

Studies in laboratory conditions have demonstrated that the aura is best explained as a visual illusion known as an afterimage.[37][38] Neurologists contend that people may perceive auras because of effects within the brain: epilepsy, migraines, or the influence of psychedelic drugs such as LSD.[39][40]

Psychologist Andrew Neher has written that "there is no good evidence to support the notion that auras are, in any way, psychic in origin."[41]

It has been suggested that auras may be the result of synaesthesia.[42] However, a 2012 study discovered no link between auras and synaesthesia, concluding "the discrepancies found suggest that both phenomena are phenomenologically and behaviourally dissimilar."[43]

Clinical neurologist Steven Novella has written "Given the weight of the evidence it seems that the connection between auras and synaesthesia is speculative and based on superficial similarities that are likely coincidental."[44]

Other causes may include disorders within the visual system provoking optical effects. Eye fatigue can also produce an aura, sometimes referred to as eye burn.[citation needed]

References to the aura can be traced back to the very beginnings of civilization. In the West we are likely most familiar with the aura as a glowing light or halo surrounding the heads of Jesus, Mary and saints in religious art. The aura denoted spiritual energy long before it's depiction as halos in Christianity, however. Ancient Egyptian art is full of representations of the aura. Energy as the basis for life is at the core of Eastern religions; in China this energy is called "Chi," in India, it's referred to as "prana." In mystical Hindu writings one finds reference to the "thousand-petaled lotus of light" surrounding the head of those who achieved enlightenment. (Walker, 373)

One finds numerous allusions to visions of light and to light as the source of life in literature as well. One of the earliest written examples comes from the writings of Hildegard von Bingen (1098 - 1179), who produced major visionary and theological writings over the course of her lifetime. She describes in her writings her visions of luminous objects, as well as other visionary experiences of light. She was a composer of music and some say the ethereal tone of her work is the foundation for what has come to be known as New Age music. (Lerman)

Centuries later, Lord Alfred Tennyson wrote of death as a diminishing of light and slowing of the "wheels of Being," which could be said to correspond to the chakras, the body's life energy vortexes referred to in Hindu religion.* Certainly light is cross-culturally held to be the essence of spirit or "God," as is reflected in language such as "divine light," the "light of the Holy Spirit" and "enlightenment." The Bible is full of light imagery.**

*Be near me when my light is low,
    When the blood creeps, and the nerves prick
    and tingle; and the heart is sick,
    And all the wheels of Being slow..."
    Lord Alfred Tennyson, In the Valley of Cauteretz, 1847

**Now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed. The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light."
    Corinthians 1, 11

"The Lord is the source of my light and my safety, so whom shall I fear?"
    Psalm 26:1

Scientific Research Supporting Life Energy Fields

Until recent times, conscious perception of these light energy fields was the province of clairvoyants, healers and "sensitives." With the development of ever more sensitive technology, however, we are now able to objectively measure these energy fields and interactions. That all living organisms are surrounded by electromagnetic fields is not disputed. The electrostatic field surrounding the human body can be easily measured by a static meter. These fields have been measured and even photographed in experiments with humans, animals and plants.

For example, EKG's measure the electrical impulses of the heart. EEG's measure the magnetic fields around our heads resulting from the tiny electrical currents in the brain. Polygraph tests measure the human body's electrical potential, and fluctuations in this energy provide feedback in response to the subject's thoughts and emotions. Kirlian photography captures the electromagnetic fields of living systems on film, and has proven that the conditions of these fields correspond to the life energy of the biosystems they emanate from.

Kirlian photography is able to transfer the aura of the subject to film by placing the subject of the photograph (such as a leaf or a human hand) directly on the film or photographic plate and passing high-frequency electrical currents through it. Kirlian photography has demonstrated that the auric energy emanating from plants and animals changes with alterations in the physical, mental and emotional states of the subject and its environment.

Semyon Kirlian, the developer of this photography, was asked in 1950 to photograph the energy radiations of two nearly identical leaves presented to him by a stranger. He and his wife stayed up late into the night, but despite their efforts one leaf revealed strong energy flares on film while the other barely registered even weak luminescence. When they showed their dismal results to the stranger the next day, he became very excited, for despite their identical appearance, the leaf that had revealed strong energy had been plucked from a healthy plant, and the leaf that had registered little energy had been plucked from a diseased plant. Subsequent Kirlian research has shown that the energy photographed around plants is indeed related to its vitality or life, for if a leaf is injured or allowed to die the energy will gradually diminish and then disappear. (Tompkins and Bird, 201-2)

Kirlian photographic research of the human aura reveals energy fields surrounding people's physical bodies. Scientific research has further determined that this energy is concentrated in hundreds of points on the body that seem to correspond to Chinese acupuncture points. (Tompkins and Bird, 204-5)

http://www.spiritofra.com/psychophysics%204.htm

http://www.hinduwebsite.com/hinduism...ts/chakras.asp
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-20-2017 at 11:52 PM.

YWIMW

TIM
    IEE 379 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Personally, I feel like it's a bit silly to hem an Enneagram type into colours. I try to convey a particular image and set of emotions (which may and do change, depending on my mood) to others through what I wear - but I also have strong aesthetic tastes and simply will not wear some things. I hate all shades of green, as well as yellow, pink and purple. By contrast I love red, black, white and (dark) blue, as well as the shades of cream through to brown.

I like dramatic, intense, bold, powerful and sensual statements that aren't silly or goofy.

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aylen, your color associations aren't universal though. In China, black relates to life and white relates to death, but that's also tied into experience if you've looked at Chinese artwork. Most of the "universality" of associations isn't from some inborn understanding or quality of the colors, but because cultures have actually come into contact with each other a lot and shared a lot over the centuries and it only became fasionable recently to pretend otherwise. Considering you could get around the world in a couple of weeks if it weren't for all those obstacles, that shouldn't be surprising. Also chakras aren't from "other cultures". They're from very specific cultures in India and the Himalayas. It's better for showmanship aimed at people who don't know anything to pretend that they're universal, or that they're the same as Kabbalah, or whatever, but that also just degrades all the systems involved. I'm really quite tired of people pretending their syncretic systems are completely universal. Halos around Jesus and Mary aren't depicting "chi" or "auras," they're depicting divine light. When you pretend there's no difference, you end up with a rather superficial understanding of both systems. And none of it has anything to do with the Egyptian god Ra that the site is named after. It's like a teacher I once had said. Not all religions are the same. There can be similiarities and differences within them, and they can influence each other, but as soon as you say they're all the same, you understand none of them.

The color symbolism I listed isn't "German". Germans have as much color symbolism as anyone else, see this folk song for starters (there's not a translation into English but you can find one somewhere). Your list says Germans have "an aversion to power symbolism" in the form of Nazi swastikas, and seems to strongly imply everyone in the world should put Nazi swastikas (which are distinctly different from any traditional usage of the swastika, and even that tends to be touchy) all over the place because they're powerful or something. It doesn't say Germans don't have color symbolism because they're colorblind like dogs or whatever you think. And aura colors come from Isaac Newton so of course that's relevant.

Also, seeing auras is nothing like synesthesia, and synesthesia isn't some paranormal unexplained phenomenon. I've known people with synesthesia and they're not seeing anything like glowy lights around people correlating with a systematized set of associations. The one who actually had synesthesia for people's personalities actually saw textured materials, like banded metal, rainbow water, black and white speckled plastic, etc. and it wasn't around the person's form at all, nor did it correlate with systematic associations like that. People seeing auras all seem like charlatans or somewhat crazy people to me.

And if you think I have "beliefs" the way you do, you're wrong. I tend to change a significant amount of things I think over the course of just a day, because it's not about fitting my experience into what I think, but aligning what I think with my experience. If I feel like I'm in some sort of profound pain and can't do anything, I might go pick up Boethius or C. S. Lewis or Goethe or Shakespeare or the Bible and just read it. It isn't about what I believe, but just the act of reading it, interacting with it, wanting to cry out if it's stupid or I'm in enough pain or feeling that someone else can relate to my circumstances and my conflict even if they interpret it differently or that no one can relate but now I'm inspired by poetry or stories. If I feel estatic, I tell everyone about it or I go out for a walk and sing and listen to music. I've heard from several different people that having a religion didn't used to be about what you believed, but going to church or the temple and singing, listening to what they say, participating in ceremonies, etc. so when I say things like "my religion is my religion" that I said to maniac a long time ago that's what I mean. I don't live by belief systems. I live by hope and pain and joy and rage and fear and tranquility, and by actions and reactions and the fire of passion and the ice of desolation. And I feel the need to be critical of what you post a lot because it seems like people are taking it as some sort of profound wisdom without criticizing it at all. People already criticize me enough, like in the argument where mu4 says he stands for good food, and I said I'd rather eat good food than stand for it. I don't want people being uncritical of me either, but I feel like wanting to just live and breathe and feel instead of having some sort of philosophy wrapped around you like a security blanket shouldn't be so alien and that makes me sad.
    Last edited by Aylen; 08-21-2017 at 01:14 AM. Reason: no changes hit edit instead of reply

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Wyrd,

You do realize that you are repeating back to me things I quoted in my two previous responses to you, with your own spin on it...that is rhetorical but weird since you didn't quote me. This is going nowhere. Yes you are expressing beliefs as any human being does but if you rather call them heuristics or whatever term you have used before be my guest. I doubt you are qualified in any way to give an educated opinion on synaesthesia but you basically said the same thing I quoted, there is no solid proof ,as of yet. There are still active studies. It is something worth considering if you know the slightest thing about what synaesthesia is. Nice little dig thrown in there at the people on this forum who have said they see auras.

People seeing auras all seem like charlatans or somewhat crazy people to me.
    Attachment 11219

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How's it weird? You shouldn't have to quote people in every single post you make to be understood.

And also, how can you still not understand what I'm saying?

belief

[bih-leef]
    Spell Syllables

See more synonyms on Thesaurus.com
    noun
    1.something believed; an opinion or conviction:a belief that the earth is flat.

2.confidence in the truth or existence of something not immediately susceptible to rigorous proof:a statement unworthy of belief.

3.confidence; faith; trust:a child's belief in his parents.

4.a religious tenet or tenets; religious creed or faith:the Christian belief.

I've said before "Yes, I have things I think are true, and you can call those beliefs, but that's not what I mean..." When people say things like "I believe in Jesus/Buddha/Thor/whatever" they mean they identify with it and wear that around like a badge, like they'd go to the guillotine before they'd recant it because they need something to identify with or they'd die. Whenever someone says "I don't believe in Christianity, I have a personal relationship with Jesus!" people look at them like they're saying nothing or they just want to be cool, but they have a point. It's a fight against this mentality of consumption, even if they don't know how to put it. And doesn't identity tie in with that? Man ist, was man isst. And you just decide you can't understand the difference between a sort of inductive inference like believing the Sun will rise tomorrow, and believing in a whole system of ideas on blind faith and framing yourself around it. You're not going to force me to do the second thing, even if you somehow think you have. Nietzsche had an idea of the Übermensch, but was he the Übermensch? No, and he knew that, and didn't even care. The people who were closest to being the Übermensch didn't even think about that. And there's this dumb argument in philosophy, where people say "I see a tree" should be "I see an image of a tree." No one says that because you don't see an image of a tree, you see a tree. When things are in front of your own eyes, you don't need to blindly believe. But you don't see what's in front of your own eyes. Everything is filtered to you through your belief system, and you can't imagine it'd be any other way for anyone else.

Attachment 11219?

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Wyrd, your quoting definitions that only contradict everything you say here. You are one of the most opinionated people on this forum and that is based on your beliefs. You are the one equating it to some religious idea. If someone tells me they don't believe in christianity but have a personal relationship with Jesus then yes that is still a belief. Perhaps you don't have strong convictions or confidence in your own truth or anything you say which is fine but you sure do believe in your idea that you don't have beliefs.. This is good to know considering that you don't have strong faith in your own ideas, I guess I shouldn't even bother to consider your opinions on anything. Incidentally, why do you still insinuate that you self type EIE and get defensive over something like auras if you don't have your own beliefs regarding them? Don't you get it? When you say something like, you think people who see them are kind of crazy that is your beliefs shining through. For someone with absolutely no beliefs you sure do argue a lot. lol

How many arguments is this one thread alone did you make?

I'm back to "socionics is real" and after quite a few posts implicating that I don't self-type as IEI or ILI to basically mildly tease you and see if you "got it", you're not only trying to type me as IEI or maybe ILI, you're trying to re-type Tears, squark, and basically half the forum, then insult people and pretend you don't know what you're saying because your English vocabulary is rusty or something. Even if it were, you're doing too many other things wrong to not ever be lobbing insults at people to try to end arguments.

This is not something a Positivist would say. You need to describe what you do believe, not just insult ideologues, even ones that need to be insulted. You might as well say "I'm disgusted by disgustingly ugly people." OK, maybe not everyone finds ugliness that horrible, since you've got all the Beauty and the Beast and Hunchback of Notre Dame stuff, but you're still saying very little, because you're not even being clear about whether you find non-disgustingly ugly people acceptable, or you have conflicted feelings despite your disgust, or something else.

TIL: Typing "my argument has more substance than your pooh-poohing" is "crying out loud". You said "Your argument that I re-type EIEs to be IEI because they have too much intuition for ESE is nonsense, because I also re-type self-typed IEIs as EIE." IEI is such a popular self-typing that self-typed IEIs could be pretty much anything. Certain posters here have even argued that many of the self-typed and celebrity IEI examples come off very 4D . This counters your point, doesn't it? You're just arguing within your logical system without actually basing it on anything outside of itself, like driftwood at sea. I'd like to see what you're basing it on, becase all the things I'm saying are internally consistent.

No, but you asked if I'm self-typing the same as I was and are proceeding to say "nah, you're wrong" and re-type half the forum or more without giving real justifications.

You are just rambling nonsense and weasling as usual but at least they aren't things you actually believe in.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...You are just rambling nonsense and weasling as usual but at least they aren't things you actually believe in.
    TIL precise definitions without equivocation = weasling

In other words, 2 + 2 = 5.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

TIL precise definitions without equivocation = weasling

In other words, 2 + 2 = 5.
    Found your identical.

He still has beliefs.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Found your identical.

He still has beliefs.

As I've said before, there's a difference between beliefs like tenets of a dogma, and beliefs like things you think are true and find reasonable to act on. But you can't decide whether I'm "saying the same thing over and over" or "weasling out of what I'm saying" so there's no point in even arguing with you in the first place.

I'm also not joining your little religion that would be based on what's really a physical phenomenon if it happens to be real. If reincarnation were real, it's the entry of the soul or spirit into a different physical body again and again, and "entry" even implies souls or spirits are physical (although not material, like an electric field). If it's a physical phenomenon, it needs to be understood and conquered, not mystified and worshipped. Smash the thrones of the idols! If it's not real, whatever. That really has no bearing on my life so I don't think about it much. Thinking about those things too much is bad for you.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

As I've said before, there's a difference between beliefs like tenets of a dogma, and beliefs like things you think are true and find reasonable to act on. But you can't decide whether I'm "saying the same thing over and over" or "weasling out of what I'm saying" so there's no point in even arguing with you in the first place.

I'm also not joining your little religion that would be based on what's really a physical phenomenon if it happens to be real. If reincarnation were real, it's the entry of the soul or spirit into a different physical body again and again, and "entry" even implies souls or spirits are physical (although not material, like an electric field). If it's a physical phenomenon, it needs to be understood and conquered, not mystified and worshipped. Smash the thrones of the idols! If it's not real, whatever. That really has no bearing on my life so I don't think about it much. Thinking about those things too much is bad for you.

I don't even know what they guy said past the first few seconds or if he is preaching a religion.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't even know what they guy said past the first few seconds or if he is preaching a religion.
    Of course you do. It's your reincarnation religion nonsense you always bring up.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Of course you do. It's your reincarnation religion nonsense you always bring up.
    No, I didn't listen past him saying getting rid of all beliefs. He just reminded me of you preaching the wyrd on no beliefs. Anyway I don't believe in the typical idea of reincarnation either, ftr. I use the term because it is something most people can conceptualize even if they don't believe in it. What I believe would be pretty foreign to you and probably to most who do believe in reincarnation. Don't try to tell me what my beliefs are. It is enough that I can acknowledge they are beliefs and they don't involve a god. Just because something is a belief doesn't mean it isn't true. It seems you just have an aversion to the word "belief". Call it what you want.

So, I listened a couple minutes in and it seems he does believe in reincarnation. That's funny but he does not reflect what I believe. Don't worry, I am not trying to win you over to the darkside. lol

Maybe you are more similar to someone who demands proof of everything, like this guy.

YWIMW

Mentioned
    164 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you are more similar to someone who demands proof of everything, like this guy.

What's "proof?" It's literally impossible to logically prove everything. It's literally impossible to empirically prove everything too. But things like reincarnation and auras are describing physical phenomena. All the things I've said are in the vein of "There is the music of Bach, therefore there is a God," which I thought was the best "proof" ever years back because of how flagrantly it isn't even trying to be a proof. "There is the music of Bach, therefore there is a God" is still an important idea, and much more important than any "proof of God" because all people's actions are based on feelings at some level. Implying all of people's possible feelings are baseless implies that all of people's possible actions are baseless. That doesn't really leave you with a choice to do much anything at all, including think certain ways, even if it's "logical," because thinking is itself an action. Of course, you can also turn that into "there is Indian classical music, therefore there is a Krishna" or something, which I'm sure is why that isn't used that often as proof by Christian apologists in comparison to the others, but that sentence just shows the essence of what "belief" should be to me, rather than the dogma-shopping most people think of when they say the word "belief". This atheist guy is really just trying to have his cake and eat it too in my opinion.

Let's assume auras are real. People don't write 20-minute choral pieces about auras. People don't cry out to auras asking for guidance or stop believing in auras because their existence seems incoherent with the death of a loved one. People don't claim auras told them to write sacred texts or accuse witches of pledging their allegiance to auras. Believing in and obsessing over random unproven or unexplained phenomena is qualitatively not the same as something like Christianity, Judaism, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism, or even Paganism. Closing your eyes doesn't make things like death and injustice go away. It just also blinds you to love and bliss. In Greece, people took gods for granted, like Christians did with God in the Middle Ages and people in India still do with Hinduism today. But now it's too conscious and too not-acted-upon to be earnest, generally.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UPDATE

I've finally reached the color associations I'm happy with!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12