Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Donald Trump as next president

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It's hard to believe that a super villain like Donald Trump will probably be our next president. People in this country are fucking idiots.
    I've never seen such a clear cut antagonist like Trump get this far before in recent time and quite frankly it scares me. I sense that there is a genuinely growing darkness in this country that consist of an ever increasingly callous, anti-intellectual and narcissistic population. Just take a quick glance into social media and you will see what I mean.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm just going to say this so i can look at it in the future and laugh at myself for being naive. i really don't believe trump will be the giant disaster most people predict. but he will (95% chance at least) be terrible. i don't have a reason to think he'll be that much worse than george w.

anyway i don't dare vote for trump and feel forced to vote for clinton so as to vote against trump. i am greatly displeased.

TIM
    IEE
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've said this before here, but it really makes me sad that we have Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton as our two main options...but Trump 's success so far is really shocking to me (maybe bc I am naive?).
    "In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is." - Yogi Berra

TIM
    IEE e7 783 sx so
    Mentioned
    422 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by inumbra View Post
    i'm just going to say this so i can look at it in the future and laugh at myself for being naive. i really don't believe trump will be the giant disaster most people predict. but he will (95% chance at least) be terrible. i don't have a reason to think he'll be that much worse than george w.
    That will very much depend on who you are. If you are a vulnerable minority or poor or in the military, it can very well turn into a disaster. For many people it would.
    “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage.”
    ― Anais Nin

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kim View Post
    That will very much depend on who you are. If you are a vulnerable minority or poor or in the military, it can very well turn into a disaster. For many people it would.
    i probably disagree with you. george w. was bad for those groups too. i think it's highly unlikely trump will start ww3 or some of the ideas people have about him. i think he *sounds* more terrible than he will be. with any hope he won't be elected at all.

ps: i am annoyed that he claims he wants to "make america great again" when with his $ he could do all sorts of things *without* being president. but noooooo.

http://newsexaminer.net/politics/don...e-billionaire/

also, just know: as much as i've been experimenting with my liberal views in my mind (since i really *don't* understand economics), the closer we get to november the more horror i feel. it's really important for me to vote since my state is apparently not a guaranteed blue state this time around (although i suspect it may come around as november approaches).
    Last edited by marooned; 06-10-2016 at 07:21 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

This could be the future with Trump. He has drawn a line in the sand, sts, way before this and he is running his mouth again before the evidence is even sorted. Seems he sees himself as a bit of a psychic, visionary, and tough guy.

I hope I am wrong.

50 dead in nightclub, worst mass shooting in U.S. history

ORLANDO — The heavily armed assailant who opened fire in a packed nightclub early Sunday, killing 50 people in the deadliest shooting spree in U.S. history, pledged allegiance to the Islamic State before he was killed in a hail of gunfire, authorities said.

Federal authorities identified the shooter as Omar Mateen, 29, a New York-born resident of St. Lucie, Fla., who worked for the security firm G4S.

Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said another 53 people were wounded at Pulse Orlando, a gay club just south of downtown.

"Tonight our community witnessed a horrific crime... that will have a lasting effect on our community," a solemn Dyer said, later adding that “we will not be defined by a hateful shooter. We will be defined by how we love each other.”

President Obama called the massacre "an attack of terror and an attack of hate."
    Trump gets self-congratulatory after Orlando mass shooting

Sunday morning's shooting at a gay nightclub in Orlando is now the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. history, killing 50 people and injuring another 53.
    Donald Trump's response to the tragedy was initially to express sorrow at the incident, but he later attacked Hillary Clinton over her first general election ad, congratulated himself for warning the American public about Islamic extremism, and had an aide go on television and describe Mitt Romney as a "coward."
    On Twitter, Trump initially posted a brief message about the "really bad shooting" that left "many people dead and wounded" at around 8 a.m. Sunday. About 90 minutes later, he followed it up with this tweet responding to Clinton's new ad:
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/donald-t...mass-shooting/

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    Mentioned
    1404 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Not long left to check:
    http://exemplore.com/fortune-divinat...r-America-2009

In that case I don't see fun, as it's more looks as variant of overturn when same bastards at power will remove part of limiting masks.

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    This could be the future with Trump. He has drawn a line in the sand, sts, way before this and he is running his mouth again before the evidence is even sorted.
    george w. lacked empathy too... he just was better at not revealing how much empathy he lacked so often. donald trump is doing the thing some dominants tend to do, imo, which is blurting out every thought as it arises (and sometimes every opinion it connects to mentally: role)... i kind of feel like you have to wait for the "final" yet still changeable answer for a bit... also i think trump would be kind of a puppet to his advisers as george w. was. but it's more important to him to be the one in control, so it might be a more unstable dynamic. i think he relies on discussion to fully form a strategy.

the twitter stuff is all rather embarrassing...

Seems he sees himself as a bit of a psychic, visionary, and tough guy.

I hope I am wrong.
    i think he *does* see himself this way... at least the visionary and tough guy part. i haven't seen enough of him to have noticed any self-perceived psychic-ness. i do think he feels in touch with something "deeper" and "more spiritual" and probably that it's rather delusional.

--

ps: i think my "argument" so far in this thread is that i don't understand why things are blown up so big when it comes to trump. i mean my mind immediately jumps to the worst case scenarios for him too, but i don't feel those instincts are really hitting on what would be (just on my own fears)... rather than trying to compare trump to a figure like hitl3r, why not compare him to one like george w. bush? i think he's much closer to the latter than the former. although he would be worse by some margin and in some ways (he would actually probably be better than george w. in certain other ways). he is more dangerous and unpredictable than george w. but for some reason i feel slightly less afraid of him than i did of george w. in terms of how "evil" he is. however, i really don't want him doing anything with the economy i've decided as i don't see any reason to think he doesn't just want to further secure the wealthy (free them of tax burdens and widen the gap between them and everyone else). he is too greedy.

(of course, i don't understand economics, which is a bit of an issue for me.)
    Last edited by marooned; 06-13-2016 at 07:20 PM.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

george w. lacked empathy too... he just was better at not revealing how much empathy he lacked so often. donald trump is doing the thing some dominants tend to do, imo, which is blurting out every thought as it arises (and sometimes every opinion it connects to mentally: role)... i kind of feel like you have to wait for the "final" yet still changeable answer for a bit... also i think trump would be kind of a puppet to his advisers as george w. was. but it's more important to him to be the one in control, so it might be a more unstable dynamic. i think he relies on discussion to fully form a strategy.

i think he *does* see himself this way... at least the visionary and tough guy part. i haven't seen enough of him to have noticed any self-perceived psychic-ness. i do think he feels in touch with something "deeper" and "more spiritual" and probably that it's rather delusional.
    You're talking about sympathy. He may have empathy for just the American people. Doesn't mean he lacks empathy
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

Hillary's speech today sounded, calm, rational, in control, and presidential.

I am watching Trump's now and he just sounds like the average disgruntled citizen who is irrationally ranting and nitpicking her for not saying specific words, which is distracting people from seeing that he does not have a solid plan to implement his promises. He can't even control himself and follows his whims. I don't know why anyone would think he could maintain control of anything if he is president.

His speech is one long rant. There is nothing cohesive about it. He's frantically jumping from one idea to another then circling back. All diversion tactics and transparent ones at that. Probably because he is does not have clarity himself. He keeps saying the burden is on Hillary to prove how she is going to do what she promises which distracts from his own uncertainty of what he will actually do. He sounds a bit hysterical and emotional. As an afterthought he throws in some sympathy for LGBT community then continues to pat himself on the back for what he has predicted and why people support him.

That is my perception of what I am witnessing. I don't even need to watch anymore. He cannot present anything in a calm, rational, cohesive way. I am giving him my no confidence vote. His leadership abilities are clearly lacking when it comes to politics. Make America great and rich again... Rich sounds nice but the reality of it is that being rich takes more than a promise and I am baffled by people who actually think that when he says make America rich again that it is going to change their personal standard of living, unless they get out there and work for it.

I know people who have not been hurt or held back by the economy because they got off their asses and made things happen for themselves. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to support your family and yourself... not complain and whine about a lack of jobs in your field. Do something else until you can find a way to use your specific talents. That is what I have done my whole life and it was not easy. If I can do it just about any able bodied person can.

Ideally the strong will help those who are weaker and stop thinking government can provide jobs or real security. People have to take initiative and find ways to create their own jobs if they can't find one. I do believe the government should help provide for the weak, sick, physically and mentally disabled. You don't leave the weakest behind to die. We are humans not animals. Taxes that provide for those people are taxes well spent. Most people don't foresee that they themselves might need that kind of help in the future. If they do they will be grateful that there is a system in place that keeps them alive. /rant

The more he speaks the more I am reminded of this video.

“My typology is . . . not in any sense to stick labels on people at first sight. It is not a physiognomy and not an anthropological system, but a critical psychology dealing with the organization and delimitation of psychic processes that can be shown to be typical.”​ —C.G. Jung

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maritsa View Post
    You're talking about sympathy. He may have empathy for just the American people. Doesn't mean he lacks empathy
    regardless of the word used, i think both trump and george w. bush lack concern for the plight of the average american. they are both far too wealthy to understand (and apparently make little effort to understand--far too self-involved). their abilities to feel for others (empathy) are, imo, both below average/poor. i would say that it's sympathy *and* empathy (not one or the other) that they both lack.

people who can ruthlessly plow over others in business usually aren't very concerned with how these things impact individual people... they defend their lack by blaming "the weak" for not doing something to better their circumstances because this is america, land of the free, and they grew up wealthy.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

--

ps: i think my "argument" so far in this thread is that i don't understand why things are blown up so big when it comes to trump. i mean my mind immediately jumps to the worst case scenarios for him too, but i don't feel those instincts are really hitting on what would be (just on my own fears)... rather than trying to compare trump to a figure like hitl3r, why not compare him to one like george w. bush? i think he's much closer to the latter than the former. although he would be worse by some margin and in some ways (he would actually probably be better than george w. in certain other ways). he is more dangerous and unpredictable than george w. but for some reason i feel slightly less afraid of him than i did of george w. in terms of how "evil" he is. however, i really don't want him doing anything with the economy i've decided as i don't see any reason to think he doesn't just want to further secure the wealthy (free them of tax burdens and widen the gap between them and everyone else). he is too greedy.

(of course, i don't understand economics, which is a bit of an issue for me.)
    I don't think he is the next ****** or even has the potential to be. The video I had posted was thought provoking for me and symbolic of deeper things than what the creator may have intended. ****** was more intelligent imo and was able to mobilize a whole country. I can't see Trump having that level of influence, not to mention the world is a much different place now. It is messier and more chaotic which is not surprising. People have access to information that just wasn't available to the common man back then. More opportunities for people to think outside the box, for themselves and yes, form some really dangerous ideas. I don't know what the solution is but I "know" that if the path leads to Trump living in America is not going to be so great. I was not born in this country but I love it for it's diversity and freedom. I was taught to appreciate that we were allowed to become permanent residents here. My mom remembers what it was like for her living elsewhere. I do not. I was too young.

I am not exactly afraid for myself or my family. I know we will be fine regardless, unless there is a war on American soil which would change everything but I don't automatically view such things having high probability in my lifetime. I feel pretty objective when giving my opinion, because I have been following this for awhile, and in either scenario I do not see my life or the lives of my family members changing drastically. My posts may sound like I lack objectivity but I do have some. I have strong impressions of what the most likely outcomes will be, when it comes to either of them. My values lean toward what is best for humanity and our planet. Sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils in order to shape the future. I do not think any of the candidates are evil people. They are clearly just human with all their faults and weaknesses.I don't believe in the concrete idea of good and evil though.

YWIMW

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i mostly agree with your last post @Aylen. i also agree that trump isn't qualified to be president... in my political ignorance i don't know if there are any stated qualifications anywhere. but i noticed he wasn't qualified when i first started paying some attention to this in december.

i reacted to that video as "excessively dramatic" and alarmist. i wasn't really even sure i'd agree with it symbolically.

my reason for not wiping trump from all consideration was the possibility that he might actually represent something different... someone who possibly can't be bought and who might break up the status quo of politicians funded by large corporations to further corporate agendas. a person who could actually be more independent of the system could be useful... but really i think trump simply is more the embodiment of the system itself, even if he is different than most political candidates. he's not outside the game, but is kind of the heart of the game (pure corporate greed)--iow, he *is* the corporatocracy. if he broke up the status quo it would most likely be in some terrible way that will just make things worse.

an unqualified inexperienced person could be better than a seasoned politician because of the fresh perspective. but... trump just has his corporate greed perspective. being unqualified inexperienced is not in any way a plus when it comes to him.

voting him in is like asking one of the worst corporations on earth to run the country; to dispense with all semblance of a political system entirely. i almost feel it's like a test: if the u.s. elects him it's like we're *saying* that we're ready to just be ruled directly by corporations. we're ready for news and governance to be reality tv (more about entertainment; less about reality). we're ready to become even dumber than we are as a nation.

(thus i've decided in my ignorant way... i realize you probably are much better informed on this @Aylen.)
    Last edited by marooned; 06-13-2016 at 09:45 PM.

Serious Left-Static Negativist Eliza Thomason's Avatar
    TIM
    ENFp, IEE
    Mentioned
    378 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Starfall View Post
    It's hard to believe that a super villain like Donald Trump will probably be our next president. People in this country are fucking idiots.
    I think they are ALL super-villains. Whoever we pick is going to be bad, bad, bad. IMO its just a matter of deciding who possibly might do the least damage...
    "A man with a definite belief always appears bizarre, because he does not change with the world; he has climbed into a fixed star, and the earth whizzes below him like a zoetrope."
    ........ G. ........... K. ............... C ........ H ........ E ...... S ........ T ...... E ........ R ........ T ........ O ........ N ........

"Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the Church, is often labeled today as fundamentalism... Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along
    by every wind of teaching, looks like the only
    attitude acceptable to today's standards."
    - Pope Benedict the XVI, "The Dictatorship of Relativism"

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

YWIMW

TIM
    IEI-Ni
    Mentioned
    661 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i probably disagree with you. george w. was bad for those groups too. i think it's highly unlikely trump will start ww3 or some of the ideas people have about him. i think he *sounds* more terrible than he will be. with any hope he won't be elected at all.
    Yeah. Trump might protect us but at what cost? His idea of great and wealthy is just him exploiting others for $$$ and becoming more selfishly rich himself. He's obviously not a giving, caring or compassionate person. I have zero use for toughness without a heart behind it. He's a lot like Transkar, just laughing assholeishly at your pain while raping women. The only good quality he has as a leader is being direct and foreward- but so is a chainsaw. I'd rather be blown up then be psychologically and emotionally abused by some typical str8 male douchebag that is disconnecting himself from empathy and pain of others.

I mean, I don't think it's a good idea to ignore emotional and mental abuse and the 'liberal heart of things' just for some sort of conservative objectivity and to not let the guvment take over everything. I don't like goverment control either, but if they are being the lesser of the asshole, bring it on big brother.

Feeling fucking fantastic golden's Avatar
    TIM
    EIE
    Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Aylen View Post
    I don't think he is the next ****** or even has the potential to be. The video I had posted was thought provoking for me and symbolic of deeper things than what the creator may have intended. ****** was more intelligent imo and was able to mobilize a whole country. I can't see Trump having that level of influence, not to mention the world is a much different place now. It is messier and more chaotic which is not surprising. People have access to information that just wasn't available to the common man back then. More opportunities for people to think outside the box, for themselves and yes, form some really dangerous ideas. I don't know what the solution is but I "know" that if the path leads to Trump living in America is not going to be so great. I was not born in this country but I love it for it's diversity and freedom. I was taught to appreciate that we were allowed to become permanent residents here. My mom remembers what it was like for her living elsewhere. I do not. I was too young.

I am not exactly afraid for myself or my family. I know we will be fine regardless, unless there is a war on American soil which would change everything but I don't automatically view such things having high probability in my lifetime. I feel pretty objective when giving my opinion, because I have been following this for awhile, and in either scenario I do not see my life or the lives of my family members changing drastically. My posts may sound like I lack objectivity but I do have some. I have strong impressions of what the most likely outcomes will be, when it comes to either of them. My values lean toward what is best for humanity and our planet. Sometimes you have to choose the lesser of two evils in order to shape the future. I do not think any of the candidates are evil people. They are clearly just human with all their faults and weaknesses.I don't believe in the concrete idea of good and evil though.
    I think he does have the potential to be the next Hit*ler, and the reason is that Hit*ler did not act alone, and the changes ushered in by the Nazis did not happen overnight. Hit*ler rose as a figurehead and reflected and capitalized on trends already present -- eugenics extremism, anti-semitism, a disunified "country" made up of various former kingdoms with strongly differing regional values, economic problems in the middle and working classes, etc. The United States is full of upset, irrational people who have watched their dreams fade away. Many Middle American towns have almost no remaining economic vitality. The cities are mostly unaffordable. The middle class has been gradually gutted. When enough people feel like they don't have much to lose, they'll certainly look for scapegoats and give the nod to extreme measures. Do I expect an exact replay of Nazi-era Germany? No, this is a different time and place. But do I think things can get very, very bad here? Yep.

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

I'm upset that republicans have stolen a part of American democracy by redrawing district lines and completely ensuring that the House of Representatives will always have a majority of Republicans in the house. It's atrocious action that we allowed and I can't understand why human beings are so stupid to allow this type of action. This can be read about in the book "Rat F***ed"

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1016160773
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

"The conduct of the Republican party, in this nomination, is a remarkable indication of small intellect growing smaller. They pass over Seward, Chase, and Banks, who are statesmen and able men, and they take up a fourth-rate lecturer who cannot speak good grammar, and who, to raise the wind, delivers his hackneyed, illiterate compositions at two hundred dollars apiece. Our readers will recollect that this peripatetic politician visited New York two or three months ago, on his financial tour, when, in return for the most unmitigated trash, interlarded with coarse and clumsy jokes, he filled his empty pockets with dollars coined out of Republican fanaticism. If, after he becomes President of the United States, the public finances should fail, he can set out upon a lecturing mission through the country, taking Horace Greeley along with him; he may thus replenish a collapsed treasury. If people will not exchange their loose dimes for the instruction or the pleasure derived from his eloquence, they may be induced to part with some of their cash in the cause of patriotism and to save the nation from bankruptcy—an event which is very likely to happen if the Republicans get hold of the nation's purse.

The only thing for which Lincoln has been distinguished, besides his itinerant lecturing, is his defeat by Douglas in his own State, at a time when the ticket of the Republican party had five thousand majority over the Democracy in Illinois. In his anti-slavery opinions he is the most ultra and revolutionary of all the candidates whose names were introduced at Chicago; and in the campaign in which he was beaten he gave utterance to the most violent sentiments, and went into the irrepressible conflict before Seward himself.

At such a nomination the Democrats have good reason to rejoice. They have a clear road now before them, and nothing can arrest their onward march to victory, if they are only true to themselves. Their stars are luckier to them than they deserve."

—The New York Herald (May 19, 1860), commenting on Abraham Lincoln’s nomination for president at the Republican National Convention

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Here is an interesting Freudian analysis of Trump and his Penis.

https://lareviewofbooks.org/article/...-donald-trump#!

Banned
    TIM
    /
    Mentioned
    177 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/richar..._10086768.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bobby-...b_9536682.html

the problem is that politics in general just seems like people promoting their own greatness behind great speeches while i just don't have a lot of faith...

the image promotion in our culture is so extreme that it's has gotten to the point where image is more important than reality (it's surpassed this)... so someone who is highly narcissistic just fits right in (blends in).
    Last edited by marooned; 06-22-2016 at 09:06 PM.

TIM
    psyche 4w5 sx/sp
    Mentioned
    1005 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)

I am starting to get the picture. He is starstruck by power. Unfortunately I feel feel if he wins, he overestimates his ability to force anything on any other world leader without war. He admires power but I don't think he actually knows how to use it and it will be felt here in America more than impact the world.

I can see how some, not all, police will feel much more powerful with a Trump presidency. He seems to be a fine with the concept of not reading rights and just taking care of a problem, "with strength".

Yesterday I saw a disturbing video of a man being shot in the back by the police while he was face down on the ground. I woke up this morning to an even more disturbing story. I must have listened to CNN playing the livestream of this woman in my sleep because I woke up with tears in my eyes and sick to my stomach. I turned up the TV and I am just so disturbed by this. I am not saying these cops are Trump supporters but something is happening and I feel so sick about it. I hope this isn't the future...

The video of the livestream is disturbing so don't watch it if you can't handle stuff like that. I wish I hadn't but it was on when I woke and I couldn't not watch it through. Republicans don't want guns taken away from the people but what they don't tell you is they only want them in the hands of middle class to rich white people. Everyone else is more likely to get shot for carrying a legal weapon.

"Stay with me," are the first words heard in her video. "We got pulled over for a busted tail light in the back."

The camera shows the woman speaking, then turns to a man in a white shirt, covered in blood. Out the window appears to be a police officer with his gun drawn.

The footage was streamed on a Facebook account under the name Lavish Reynolds. WCCO spoke to Castile's family who identified the woman as Diamond Reynolds.

In the video's first minute, Reynolds says that Castile is licensed to carry a firearm. She claims that before the shooting, her boyfriend was trying to get his ID from his wallet in his back pocket.

The video appears to be shot with the phone's front-facing camera, so the perspective is flipped, as letters would be in a mirror. Because of this, the steering wheel appears to be on the wrong side of the car.

'Devastated'

Clarence Castile, Philando Castile's uncle, told CNN that the family is devastated.
    "We all know my nephew was a good kid and we want justice as well as relief," he said.
    The images of his nephew dying were the "most horrific thing I've ever seen in my life," Castile said Thursday morning on CNN's "New Day."

He and Valerie Castile, Philando's mother, stressed on "New Day" that Philando was law-abiding and a good person, and they expressed bitterness over the actions of the police.

"He's not an officer," Clarence Castille said. "He's just a man. An officer is supposed to protect and serve. That was a man who did that. That man is a destroyer and he came into our lives and done something and took something from us."

Castile said that Philando worked as a kitchen supervisor for the St. Paul School District. The last time the two of them spoke was in May. They talked about setting up a nest egg for Philando's eventual retirement.

"My nephew has a (concealed carry) permit, and still got killed for carrying a gun ... this needs to stop. This happens so often."

Valerie Castile said "they took a very good person" and wondered whether he was simply "black in the wrong place."

"Everybody that knows my son knows that he is a laid back, quiet individual that works hard every day, pays taxes and comes home and plays video games. That's it," she said. "He's not a gang banger. He's not a thug. He's very respectable. And I know he didn't antagonize that officer in any way to make him feel like his life was threatened."

She said she stressed to her son that if he ever had an encounter with police, he should "comply, comply, comply."
    She said that when he got to a hospital to see her son, he was already dead and "they didn't let me see my son's body."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/07/us/fal...ing-minnesota/

“If you look at the video, it certainly speaks for itself,” said state Rep. Edmond Jordan, an attorney representing Sterling’s family, during a news conference Wednesday morning. “Mr. Sterling was not reaching for a weapon. He looks like a man who is trying to get his head up, who is actually fighting for his life. A life that ended immediately thereafter, almost as if he knew what was about to happen.”
    The cellphone video of the incident began with police standing a few feet from Sterling. A loud pop — like that of a stun gun — can be heard.
    “Get on the ground!” a police officer yelled.
    “Get on the ground!” the voice yelled again, followed by a second pop.
    Sterling, a large man, remained on his feet.
    A police officer tackled him over the hood of a silver car, then onto the ground.
    Meanwhile, another restrained his left arm behind his back and knelt on it.
    “He’s got a gun!” someone yelled.
    “Gun! Gun!”
    Both officers drew their pistols from their holsters. Then, the officers shouted something unintelligible, which seemed to include the phrase “going for the gun.”
    Two noises that sounded like shots rang out immediately after.
    Whoever filmed the video then dropped the cellphone.
    “Oh, s—,” someone said.
    Three more shot-like sounds rang out.
    “They shot him?”
    “Yes.”
    “Oh, my f—ing goodness.”
    Sterling was pronounced dead on the scene when an ambulance arrived at 12:46 a.m. East Baton Rouge Parish Coroner William “Beau” Clark said in an email that the initial autopsy reports concluded Sterling suffered multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and back.
    [Why I will not share the video of Alton Sterling’s death]

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...rking-outrage/
    When Donald Trump talks about his Utopian America and his promise to “Make America Great Again!”, what timeframe is his campaign slogan is referring to? At what point was America “great” and at what point did it start becoming not so great? On Trump’s campaign “About” page, there is a slew of his, almost none of which revolve around public service.

One of the few mentions of public service, which is not even directly correlated with his efforts to serve the American people, is about Trump and his 7 million Twitter following to “educate the public on the failures of the Obama administration.” Without going into any detail about any specific policies in particular, the reader is left to assume that the Obama administration is the benchmark for when America went from being “Great” to not-so-Great.

Trump’s America is one where the world is divided into two camps of people: those seen and those unseen and/or willfully ignored. This version of a “Great America” silences im/migrant experiences, shames women, and marginalizes people of color. It ensures that the country remains divided and continues to live in a nostalgic and romanticized America, one that was built on prestige and manifest destiny and not on the backs of laborers, immigrants and those looking for a fighting chance.

An example of Trump’s nostalgia is his refusal to believe or accept America’s extensive history of migrant labor. Enter Trump’s infamous speech in June where he promises to “build a great, great wall” on the Mexican border in attempts to keep out migrants. Trump’s theory is that “[Mexico is] sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists.” Trump’s lack of empathy, hateful attitude and language towards immigrants and people of color makes it disturbingly clear that he not only has minimal knowledge about our country’s complicated history with labor workers, but is also delusional enough to believe in a fantasy where America is a mono-racial country intended for those that are “great,” i.e. white.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/esther...b_8145962.html

YWIMW

TIM
    ILI-Te
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least Trump would make peace with Russia, currenly Nato is sending troops to the borders in eastern europe. Cold war is back...

TIM
    LIE-Ni 7w8 So/Sp
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

TIM
    Ne EII
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the thought that counts? ;d

Truth be told, though, there are ~100 000 Polish troops alone (and that's not counting active reserve), 16 000 in Lithuania, 12 000 Latvia and 17 500 in Estonia - those are all NATO too. Right? ;>
    Another matter is that Poland and Estonia are among very few NATO countries that respect their decided obligation to spend 2% of their GDP on army. Poland currently ranks 18th military power in the world. I would say, in terms of geopolitical plans and aspirations the USA may have, it wouldn't seem wise to withdraw from allies like Poland and the Balts (and that's more to the topic of this thread). I'm not savvy on this, so maybe not but that's how it seems from my admittedly limited perspective.
    I call myself batyote and I fight crime at night.

TIM
    LSI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still can't believe this clown with his cheap tired act is given a minute of airtime.
    Awful possibility in these matters is both men sustaining mortal injury... but I'm never that lucky.

LSI

TIM
    ENTJ-1Te 8w7 sx/so
    Mentioned
    1557 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bricktop View Post
    still can't believe this clown with his cheap tired act is given a minute of airtime.
    Well, for one thing, the news media runs on sensationalism, not on reason.

For another, ask yourself why Trump is popular enough with a large enough segment of the population to have won the primaries. The guys who voted for him are desperate. Trump's supporter's demographic coincides with areas of increased suicide rates among older white males.

The Republican Party is a machine for delivering tax cuts to the 1% richest people in America, leaving the rest of the population to pay extra to make up the shortfall. (It does this by feeding fear and hatred to the masses to pit them against each other, which distracts them from the real threat.)
    After the destruction of the unions by Reagan, the Democratic Party had to find another source of funding, and it turned to Wall Street. Wall Street is basically a parasite on the productive parts of the economy, closing factories to strip the assets, exporting jobs to low wage countries, cutting investment in new technologies because the payoff time is too long, turning the economy into a tollbooth where you have to pay someone every time you want to watch a movie or talk to someone (in industries where the creators and the assets have been paid for long ago), etc.

So the average working guy has been screwed by the Republicans for thirty years, and screwed by the Democrats for thirty years, and he is ready for someone, anyone, who is not a Republican and not a Democrat and who promises to increase Social Security and build a wall to protect his job.

I'm surprised that you have a hard time seeing this. You live in London, which is even more parasitic on the working class than New York in terms of finance, and you just had a popular referendum in which the majority of working stiffs voted to get out of Europe to protect their life-styles. I suspect that most of them understand that Brexit would not bring back their jobs, but feel that it at least might hurt those damned bastards in finance.

Capitalism is the best system for creating wealth ever invented, but it does so by alienating people from themselves and the people around them. It also operates on top of very ancient programs that evolved when we were living in small groups and needed to share resources fairly. Until Capitalism internalizes a method of fairly sharing the wealth it creates, even to the poorest members of the tribe, the people who benefit most from it are going to be subject to attempts to tear them down. And rightfully so, says my lizard brain.

Incidentally, I think Trump is a very sick individual and would cause a great deal of harm to everyone if he were to be President. But remember how we got here.

TIM
    Sx/Sp 2w3
    Mentioned
    352 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Trump and fuck anyone that supports him and justifies his injustice.
    ・゚*✧ 𝓘 𝓌𝒾𝓁𝓁 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒶𝒸𝒸𝑒𝓅𝓉 𝒶 𝓁𝒾𝒻𝑒 𝓘 𝒹𝑜 𝓃𝑜𝓉 𝒹𝑒𝓈𝑒𝓇𝓋𝑒 ✧*:・゚

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nondescript View Post
    If Donald wins... = catastrophe of ass. He doesn't even know how the Congress or such work! He has ZERO, ZERO = 0 experience in politics. His ideas, while they do have some merit, have ZERO potential to be fulfilled in reality.
    The opposite happened, this guy is an executive Se genius What I do see is that his experience has led him to false estimations so far, long-term... hm, catastrophe indeed if he manages to isolate US economy/trade more.

TIM
    SLI-H sp/so
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chae View Post
    The opposite happened, this guy is an executive Se genius What I do see is that his experience has led him to false estimations so far, long-term... hm, catastrophe indeed if he manages to isolate US economy/trade more.
    Refreshing perspective. I am bored by all the bashing. Is it justified? Yes, but one might as well see the ridiculous side.
    We need George Carlin back...

TIM
    ExFx 3 sx
    Mentioned
    720 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Refreshing perspective. I am bored by all the bashing. Is it justified? Yes, but one might as well see the ridiculous side.
    We need George Carlin back...
    We generally need more perspective to avoid repeating 1945. Bashing < humor, it makes it easier on the heart and has twice the purpose: crushing adversary while giving you a good laugh So you're on point! Carlin has some serious legacy that we need in these times.

Although he is quite pessimistic, which I am a little wary about. Realism, spirit, bs-detecting and practicality is what we need to get through the next 4 or 8 years

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12