0 0%
  • 9w8

0 0%
  • 9w1

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Care to type me, lovelies? <3

Default Care to type me, lovelies? <3

I figured I should start fresh and write out a new questionnaire. I think I know what my type is, but I do not know much about Socionics, and it would be nice to confirm. I am not revealing what type I think I am because I don't want that to influence anyone's answers. I'm open to new types though. Enneagram would be welcome, too. I've added a poll where you can vote if you so choose.

I am not comfortable putting pictures or videos of myself here, so please don't ask.

Here we go.

1. What is beauty? What is love?

Beauty is whatever one wants it to be. It is completely personal and not something that could (or should) be universalized. Love, as long as it does not harm another, is the same way.

2. What are your most important values?

Being kind to others no matter the differences. I try to accept all different people from all walks of life. My hope is to heal and uplift, and not to harm.

3. Do you have any sort of spiritual/religious beliefs, and why do you hold (or don't) those beliefs in the first place?

I am a Christian. My faith is primarily for me and my own personal growth, and I try to avoid imposing it upon others. I'm an odd Christian though--I don't really believe in hell, the physical existence of a god, or the notion that any religion is worse than another.

4. Opinion on war and militaries? What is power to you?

I despise war and militaries (the concept of military, not soldiers or veterans themselves; I honor them as I try to with all humans). Power has a negative connotation in my mind. The only power I could think of that is good is empowerment.

5. What have you had long conversations about? What are your interests? Why?

I've had long conversations telling stories about my life and my past experiences. There are few things more enjoyable than laughing about past events, even the negative ones (wounds heal through laughter and over time). I'm interested in psychology, writing, reading, art, and music. I like anything with a human, emotional, or creative element to it.

6. Interested in health/medicine as a conversation topic? Are you focused on your body?
    I am interested in discussing mental health. I'm not sure what the second question is asking. It seems very vague.

7. What do you think of daily chores?

I find them unappealing and I try to avoid doing them at all costs.

Books or films you liked? Recently read/watched or otherwise. Examples welcome.

Recently, I've taken an interest in memoirs, as I am trying to write one myself. I enjoyed The Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, Anne of Green Gables, and several Stephen King novels.

What has made you cry? What has made you smile? Why?

Many things make me cry; tears are a part of my life. Any strong emotion will evoke tears in me. As for smiles, well, I smile easily. My most genuine smiles have come from having fun times with close friends. There is nothing like a smile which beams in the presence of those who truly love and appreciate each other.

Where do you feel: at one with the environment/a sense of belonging?

I am at home in my environment wherever I am free to be myself and relax (not at school or in strict settings). Usually this is relaxing on my sofa with my laptop, or being outside on swings. My age does not matter; I still love playgrounds and childlike places. I feel like I belong when I'm in my close group of 3 other friends.

What have people seen as your weaknesses? What do you dislike about yourself?

People have said that I am too sensitive. I take many things personally and feel my emotions frequently and deeply. I am also passive and indecisive, and I have let people walk over me or push me around when they shouldn't have. I'm getting better about it. I dislike how dependent I feel upon other people's love and validation. I wish I could validate myself more.

What have people seen as your strengths? What do you like about yourself?

People have always said that I am very creative, and that I can see things in fun/witty ways. I'm deeply empathetic and I am not afraid to share my own emotional experiences; I have very few secrets. I like that I am loyal, and that I would do anything for my close friends. Anything.

In what areas of your life would you like help?

Nothing is really coming to mind. I am very content with my life right now.

Ever feel stuck in a rut? If yes, describe the causes and your reaction to it.

I do feel stuck in ruts sometimes. One rut that comes to mind is about a year ago. I was lonely, couldn't focus on reading, didn't have any creative ideas. Eventually I had to start creating my own pathway out, instead of relying on the ocean of inspiration to sweep me back in on its own. I dyed my hair, took walks, went on solitary adventures, and found myself again.

What qualities do you most like and dislike in other people? What types do you get along with?

I love people who can laugh with me and accept all my many flaws--and love me even more for them. I'm not fond of people who judge other people, who are cruel, who are disrespectful and noisy, who are immature. I also find it hard to get along with people who are very cold or emotionally unresponsive. I need a response--smiles, sadness, something. Some people...I love them, but it's so hard to get through.

16. How do you feel about romance/sex? What qualities do you want in a partner?

I am hoping for both. I would want in a partner what I would want in a friend: kindness, a sense of humor, true loyalty, trust, and emotional availability.

17. I
    f you were to raise a child, what would be your main concerns, what measures would you take, and why?

I would want my child to feel like he or she could be themselves without judgement. I would want them to be able to trust me. I'd do my best to instill a sense of kindness, compassion, and morality in my child.

A friend makes a claim that clashes with your current beliefs. What is your inward and outward reaction?

Usually, if it's minor, I would just ignore it. If it's major, I'll gently say something like, "Eh, I feel differently," and explain why. If I'm not friends with the person, and they're on my bad side, or if I'm feeling particularly courageous, I will become stubborn in my beliefs. But most of the time I am not comfortable standing up against people I love, because I am afraid to lose their love and support.

Describe your relationship to society. How do you see people as a whole? What do you consider a prevalent social problem? Name one.

I think I have a purpose in this world to heal and inspire others, and I have seen myself fulfilling that purpose in the past year. People as a whole are broken, hurting, and corrupt. In order to heal the masses, though, one must focus upon the individual. The only way to change the world is to bring it down to the individual level and work from there. There are too many prevalent social problems to name--but I would start with intolerance and bigotry.

How do you choose your friends and how do you behave around them?

I don't really "choose" friends. Friendships just happen naturally. I have a few close friends who are near and dear to me, and whom I care about more. I have acquaintances to whom I am personable, but I cannot handle having more than a few close friends at a time. Around close friends, I am uninhibited, casual, and silly. I'm emotionally expressive and ready to do anything that could be entertaining.

How do you behave around strangers?

Usually I am warm, quiet, and slightly reserved. I do not interact with many strangers if I can help it, unless I am feeling particularly inspired; sometimes the idea of sitting down and exchanging life stories with a stranger sounds beautiful. If I am with close friends, I open up much more quickly around strangers, because I am influenced by the existing familiar presence of friends.

I took a dichotomies chart test, and the ones I related to most were Ethical, Emotive, Yielding, and Reasonable (whatever they actually mean, I don't know) which corresponded with SEI. Took the original test and got IEI-2Fe.

Thank you for reading! <3
    Dream again
    for I know the plans I have for you
    It's the road less traveled

Bump
    Dream again
    for I know the plans I have for you
    It's the road less traveled

Farewell, comrades Not A Communist Shill's Avatar
    TIM
    TMI
    Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

hi.

you remind me of myself a little (although I am more assertive): I think mainly because of your views on war/militaries, but also your answers in other areas. I don't really trust my typing ability (and generally thinking that self-reflection and tests are better), but I would broadly say IXFX seems correct.

(It seems you have taken a Sociotype.com test? I suggest you also try this one, but I am biased: http://www.the16types.info/vbulletin...Socionics-Test )

TIM
    EII INFj
    Mentioned
    701 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)

People can't be typed based on a questionnaire like this. Best to go by functions. Try reading the descriptions of the functions in my signature.

LOGIC

Ti "System" - Analysis of internal structure of something. As a static function blocks out observation of people's actions
    A complex system of concrete measurements fit together in a great machine of how things work.

Ti observes the correlations between measurements, including definitions of terms. Ti holds vast amounts of such information in the mind, and hungrily absorbs it. Then Ti sticks fast to it and will use the collection of relationships and correlations between data to quickly defend his observations of relationships between different data or correlations, quickly judging such correlations for rightness/wrongness based on their observations of the data relationships. Ti is concerned about how all the variables fit together. Ti approaches by observing how the complex system of concrete measurements fit together in this great machine of how things work.

Ti helps Fe types escape from emotional observations thus stop talking and to think about stuff.

Te "Process" - the dynamics of things in action
    Certain methods are efficient for the completing a task, i.e. process, in the immediate present.

Te is intrisinctly involved in observing the actions that are going on at the moment, and how one movement is related to the next one. Strong Te focuses easily and constantly on the process going on at hand. Take cooking, for example. Cooking requires you to constantly monitor one action after another--measuring, pouring, stirring--and the accuracy of these actions. Let your mind wander and your souffle will burst, or egg shell pieces will get lost in your cake.

Te observes and analyzes the routine activity of actions and analyzes the actions for completeness and thoroughness of covering every base of the task at hand. Based on these conclusions, Te judges on the rightness/wrongness of observed routines. Te is concerned about the task at hand. Te approaches tasks by observing the method of doing it the best. Te immediately observes the practicality, of how to do the current task at hand, or how to set up an actual, concrete task that will be done. Te talks about how the task actually turns out to work in real life.

ETHICS

Fi "Relation" - personal relationships, personal stories
    Relations exist between people and things of differing bonds of attraction or repulsion.

Fi observes personal attraction and repulsion between people and things, the boundaries of relationships created between people, and how those relationships are in relation to other bonds created in a great web of interpersonal relational tactics, rules, limits, etc. Fi analyzes the levels of personal attraction or repulsion that creates these bonds.

Fi relations are a tactic, a bond, a unification made inside of and in relation to all of the other existing unities between people. Within it there are certain rules and understandings of what is appropriate and not appropriate to do within the realm of ethics. It's not as simple as "oh, don't use dirty words." Its more like 'we are attracted to eachother (as a bond),' and, sometimes, 'we are not attracted to them.'

For some it is a tactic they can manipulate, for others it is something that 'happens' to them and they benefit from it. For a Fi base individual, it may be just something that happens. They don't choose it so much as it seems like a fact that colors their whole perception vis a vis these interconnecting bonds. Fi creative individuals may or create those bonds. In some ways it may seem like they have a greater control, or atleast more of an active control, over it than Fi-base.

Fi isnt the same as "friendship," its about position within a realm of understood positions and relations; not just rules that 'limit'...but rules that are there; so the word use 'tactic' is used. Fi is a 'unification' between people. Fi is an ethical understanding. It's emotional; it's a personal understanding.

Initiation of a Fi relationship can be as simple as coming into the ownership of a pet or the custody of a child; the emotional bond is the culmination of the relationship, but the initiation is essentially Fi. A Fi relationship was established at the moment tactical emotional or ethical interconnections changed between individuals: now one's role is to look apon the other with love and caretaking; the other's role is to look up to the first with love and obedience. Such are the implicitly understood rules of the Fi understanding.

Fe "Motive" - watches people's trustworthiness based on cues they give and questions that they ask people.
    External behavior or cues belie the inner disposition or motive.

Fe observes the display of feeling or disposition and analyzes motive, the catalyst of the feeling or disposition. Fe analyzes based on a particular disposition or emotional cues. Finely tuned Fe can be "people-smart" and pay attention to determining who is trustworthy and what to expect from their behavior based on hints of emotional and behavioral expressions.
    Perceiving Functions
    Perceiving types have as their first (primary) function Ne/Ni or Se/Si, and as their second (Creative) function Te/Ti or Fe/Fi. Ni/Ne functions are concerned with the web of potential developments of events, while Si/Se are concerned with physical potential.

People with Ni/Ne or Si/Se primary functions are known as "perceiving types" since they view the world primarily through possibilities. They are also called "irrationals" because their value system is based on possibility of development, or "flow."

INTUITION

Ni "Prophecy" - finds relationship of events in time and watches events move about; always have enough time for themselves and their activities. Ni polr suggests living stressfully to time not comfortably.
    All events are culminating together in a certain potential event.

Ni observes and synthesizes developments as building blocks leading to something interesting that could happen, tries to envision how and when it could happen. Ni is about development between patterns of events over time. Ni thinks "learning a language is good to reach because of the places it will bring you to." About the outcome, Ni says "that was bound to develop in that success/failure." Ni will absorb information to add them as building blocks to come to some "essence" of the ideas they're developing. Ni takes a bunch of different instances and synthesizes them together to develop them in one direction of potential development.

Ne "Possibility" - finds new prospects and opportunities, observes qualities of people not exposed verbally
    A certain event is spreading in multiplying directions of potential events.

Ne observes and analyzes developments as static external possibilities that can be immediately acted apon. Ne thinks "learning a language is good in and of itself because it has innate potential." About the outcome, Ne says "well, that could have developed in any of these different ways, so it wasn't really set in stone." Ne absorbs information just because it has potential of development in and of itself. Ne takes an instance and develops it in many different directions of potential development.
    SENSING

Si "Comfort" - not necessarily creates comfort but finds pleasing things to the person, personal states of comfort
    Relations between physical objects and elements create harmony or disharmony.

Si is intrisinctly involved in the changes that take place to your internal sense of physical and psychological stability. Strong Si is effervesently and naturally efficient in awareness of these processes. Strong Si focuses constantly on the relationship between the inner sense of wellbeing of different stimulai.

Si means you're trying to establish stability internally which IS pleasant, but not necessarily pleasantness itself: not the pursuit of pleasure, but the observation of internal statis or 'status quo', being at a functional even keel psychologically and physically.

Valued Si makes this the primary motivation for activity. The effects of eating a meal and feeling back to status quo of operations afterwards are always within his reach. Viewing a beautiful painting, and hearing beautiful music are all made in an effort to get back to the status quo of inner stability, both psychological and physiological.

Si observes the harmony, beauty, pleasingness, and satisfaction of relations between things in his environment and analyzes on how harmonious it is in relation to the next thing: these relations include those within his body, his environment, and personal relationships. He may achieve harmony and pleasant sensation by avoiding discomfort or by creating comfort for himself and for others (this may be influenced by whether he is a primarily perceiving or judging type). He may achieve this through physical health, stable finances, pleasing decor, or a variety of other passive or active methods.

Se "Control" - observes static qualities like textures
    Physical objects, elements, and people can be mobilized to achieve a goal.

Se is intrisinctly involved in observing the properties of objects in the immediate sense. What precise color is it, how does it taste, what exactly does it smell like? Strong Se focuses easily and constantly on the outer properties of the objects at hand. Take fashion--is the cut of your shirt immaculate? Take martial arts--at what angle is the arc of the fist coming towards your face? How do I mobilize the force of my body to deflect and/or immobilize the threat? The same process with sports. The possibilities are endless.

Se observes the potential to mobilize people to enact his will dynamically, and based on this observation analyzes what he might use to cause the enforcement of his will.
    -
    Dual type (as per tcaudilllg)
    Enneagram 5 (wings either 4 or 6)?

I'm constantly looking to align the real with the ideal.I've been more oriented toward being overly idealistic by expecting the real to match the ideal. My thinking side is dominent. The result is that sometimes I can be overly impersonal or self-centered in my approach, not being understanding of others in the process and simply thinking "you should do this" or "everyone should follor this rule"..."regardless of how they feel or where they're coming from"which just isn't a good attitude to have. It is a way, though, to give oneself an artificial sense of self-justification. LSE

Best description of functions:
    http://socionicsstudy.blogspot.com/2...functions.html

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Yea not much information from this questionnaire, although maybe a Delta/ EII vibe.